Dazeng

Jun 24, 2020
Don't take the rape scene too seriously. It's just a little entertainment option. You may choose to watch it in order to get away with suspicion. But finally, if you don't want it to happen! Going back and forth to choose the path you want is not difficult.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The story is always great. I will continue to follow and support this game. Please don't dramatize the rape scenes that you can cut off !

:cool:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Don't take the rape scene too seriously. It's just a little entertainment option. You may choose to watch it in order to get away with suspicion. But finally, if you don't want it to happen! Going back and forth to choose the path you want is not difficult.

The story is always great. I will continue to follow and support this game. Please don't dramatize the rape scenes that you can cut off !

I'm always thankful when a dev makes things like this are avoidable. Both lovers and haters should be happy imo

Reactions: Dazeng and Caribdis

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Just remember especially for some who immerse rape scenes with family members are quite a serious major turnoff or worse. :)Even if it is not the dreaded three letter word. Content like that in my opinion should not just be avoidable if in anyway possible with the planned content of the game, but have a content warning on the choice so it can only be reached by a conscious decision.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I'm always thankful when a dev makes things like this are avoidable. Both lovers and haters should be happy imo
I think the problem with this kind of stuff is not really if it's avoidable, it's more how much of it does the game have or how much is the dev planning to add. There are some games where things like rape and ntr are avoidable, but 50% of the game consists of stuff like that, so you have to avoid half of the game if you want to enjoy it.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I don't think people have anything to worry about, the dev already said that he doesn't plan on adding any ntr paths, and I don't think scenes like this will be that frequent. But it's understandable why poeple would get worried, I don't think people were expecting a rape scene especially with one of the main girls.

Reactions: Caribdis

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think the problem with this kind of stuff is not really if it's avoidable, it's more how much of it does the game have or how much is the dev planning to add. There are some games where things like rape and ntr are avoidable, but 50% of the game consists of stuff like that, so you have to avoid half of the game if you want to enjoy it.
Plus even if avoidable you will know most of the time what did happen in the scene and that has implications on the perception of the characters, like here you see some discussion whether MC has a hero/coward route. It did effect how people see MC and with the three letter word cause of the way it has been set up, it most of time will hurt the perception of the woman as a Li. Many players do not see the chars as different characters on different paths after all but as the same character with some different choices made, so that character with those choices is the same person and how she would react if MC did not interfere.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Plus even if avoidable you will know most of the time what did happen in the scene and that has implications on the perception of the characters, like here you see some discussion whether MC has a hero/coward route. It did effect how people see MC and with the three letter word cause of the way it has been set up, it most of time will hurt the perception of the woman as a Li. Many players do not see the chars as different characters on different paths after all but as the same character with some different choices made, so that character with those choices is the same person and how she would react if MC did not interfere.
That is very true, people were discussing why it would even be a choice to sell Lauren even if she wasn't a love interest of the MC she is his sister, what kind of person would sell his sister. For me it's easy to separate the different paths, the objective of the game is to get points with the girls so selling her is not part of the objective. The rape scene to me is a what if non-canon scene.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I understand some people can't handle it. But its avoidable. To me that is enough of a compromise. To push for change in either direction feels like censorship or bullying or both.

I really enjoy this vn and since I do, I really don't want it being changed to appease a group of people especially here that are getting it free.

I was serious that if someone gets triggered not even seeing the scene they truly may need help and should see a therapist or some professional.

• Angry
Reactions: Macgamer

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I understand some people can't handle it. But its avoidable. To me that is enough of a compromise. To push for change in either direction feels like censorship or bullying or both.

I really enjoy this vn and since I do, I really don't want it being changed to appease a group of people especially here that are getting it free.

I was serious that if someone gets triggered not even seeing the scene they truly may need help and should see a therapist or some professional.
Well I would not say that someone who gets turned off even by the idea of a family member getting raped by their fault, means they need a therapist. I think that should be the natural emotion that is evoked. Just as it goes to far to say someone really needs a therapist if that emotion is not evoked to some extent in a game that is fantasy :p Yes it is only a game, but art does invoke emotions in people, even more when they immerse. Though I fully agree, dev must have the license and right to do as he wish and what he feels needed for the story, things like this will always evoke those negative emotions. In a smaller degree in some and bigger degree in others.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

I think people freaked out a little bit because no one expected it, and there have been cases like you said where people start to push the devs to add certain types of content and change the direction of their game, and then it becomes a shit show where no one is happy.

Reactions: eddie987

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Well I would not say that someone who gets turned off even by the idea of a family member getting raped by their fault, means they need a therapist. I think that should be the natural emotion that is evoked. Just as it goes to far to say someone really needs a therapist if that emotion is not evoked to some extent in a game that is fantasy :p Yes it is only a game, but art does invoke emotions in people, even more when they immerse. Though I fully agree, dev must have the license and right to do as he wish and what he feels needed for the story, things like this will always evoke those negative emotions. In a smaller degree in some and bigger degree in others.
It doesn't need to evoke strong emotions, to leave a bad taste in your mouth. I was really surprised that was even an option in my playthrough. I mean, if you don't get enough relationship points with the girls you get locked out of certain scenes, but you get that option no matter what? It felt... I guess unsettling would be the most proper word to describe it, when you get the option to send Lauren to get raped, or even worse (you have no clue what a yakuza boss is going to do to someone he considers just a maid or whatever he says when you reject his offer) after saying to her that you'll protect her no matter what, in the asylum scene.

Reactions: wittnotyoyo

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Was not talking about getting turned off, but being triggered by just hearing about a rape scene (not playing or seeing it) in a fictional game, not in the posters family. Thought I was pretty clear on that.

Its not a joke if just hearing about a scene causes that much internal mental issues. That can't be healthy to be that sensitive. Seeking help is never a bad thing and no one should be ashamed to do it

Last edited:
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
By the way, did anyone find out what that bug that wouldn't let you finish this update was? I just had some time to replay the whole game (it doesn't take that much time if you have the walkthrough open and skip like there's no tomorrow...), I made the exact same choices and this time I was able to finish all the content with no issues whatsoever! I was going to keep my old save, to compare it with the new one, but after all that mindless skipping I unconsciously saved over it. It's really weird because I'm almost 100% sure I made the exact same choices.

Reactions: Macgamer

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
How do I avoid the rape scene? Is it possible? I've gone back and forth trying different options but my story wont progress unless Lauren gets raped. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Angry
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Was not talking about getting turned off, but being triggered by hearing about a rape scene in a fictional game, not in the posters family. Thought I was pretty clear on that.

Its not a joke if just hearing about a scene causes that much internal mental issues. That can't be healthy to be that sensitive. Seeking help is never a bad thing and no one should be ashamed to do it
That last is an absolute truth and my own experiences made me think it would be a very good thing for many people if they were offered a few sessions with a therapist when they are around age 25. Not even because they do have bad mental health per se, but almost all of us have some scars by then and learning how to deal with those in a healthy way could make loads of people's life happier.

The other discussion is one you can go on for endlessly since it always depends a lot about the person, their sensitivities and experiences. :) I am against limiting or censoring devs in any way, but also do think devs should sometimes be more aware of the emotions and feelings they evoke with certain actions especially if they are not important plotlines and also be aware that things like that have a way higher emotional response when you do them in episode 7 where people have formed a connection with a character as in episode 1. There is a reason why a few of the tags are highly contentious where others like very big tits are just a matter of taste. :p Awareness is not same though as forbidden to do something that dev feels needs to be in a story for whatever reason he has.

That last still does not mean whether it is good or bad writing or fits the game, that is another discussion. :p The fact some have a bug at exactly the point that forces them to that rape scene makes it extra unfortunate of course. Macgamer dev put up a bugfix a few pages ago for that bug.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Was not talking about getting turned off, but being triggered by hearing about a rape scene in a fictional game, not in the posters family. Thought I was pretty clear on that.

I think the scene just didn't align with the expectations people had for the game. Since people weren't expecting it they were like woah where did this come from? Which I think it's understandable. We both play My new family, if killer7 decided to add something like this to his game, people would also have a lot of questions.

Caribdis

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2018
Alright, the Win and Mac (MEGA) links are updated and the bug should already be fixed

PS: I repeat, the direction of the game is not changing, there's no need to worry guys. However, if you want, I can make the "Sell her" option only appear if you have very low points with her or you're not following her path or something like that and not even having the option if that's not the case. Let me know.

4.80 star(s) 925 Votes