Doni94

Dec 29, 2018

Sneak peek #2

Spooky-mystery time

Hi everyone!

v0.8 is progressing and, if all goes well, I expect to release it in early December. I posted sneak peeks of some locations
I will announce the definitive date in the coming weeks!

As always, thank you very much for your support, guys!
Caribdis

View attachment 898051 View attachment 898043 View attachment 898044 View attachment 898045 View attachment 898047 View attachment 898048
Hummmmm kind getting this vibe here

tenor.gif

Caribdis

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2018
Caribdis Btw do you plan to add more bad endings to the girls routes in the next update just like that one with Lauren and the mobster ?
I won't add more bad endings for the moment, and if I do (in next updates), it won't be like that, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: DA22

Caribdis

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2018
Can I suggest you to start thinking about taking the game to Steam? I really think this game deserves way more attention that it has and steam might open a new market to it.

It is really that good! Only thing is I don't know how the Honey Select copyright works.. I heard they can create some problems, but honestly no idea.
Thank you! I've never thought about it, to be honest. I'll check it out :unsure:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Can I suggest you to start thinking about taking the game to Steam? I really think this game deserves way more attention that it has and steam might open a new market to it.

It is really that good! Only thing is I don't know how the Honey Select copyright works.. I heard they can create some problems, but honestly no idea.
Steam also has an option of early release, where you can buy a game that's still in development. Don't know how it works since I never bought one yet there. But if I need to take a bet I would guess the game needs at least to have an "end", which on this genre is hard. If I'm not mistaken the game there have an end, and the devolpment is adding more content and side-stories through the gameplay. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Steam also has an option of early release, where you can buy a game that's still in development. Don't know how it works since I never bought one yet there. But if I need to take a bet I would guess the game needs at least to have an "end", which on this genre is hard. If I'm not mistaken the game there have an end, and the devolpment is adding more content and side-stories through the gameplay. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
Some developers like DrPinkCake released by doing "1st season" or something like that with Badik. It may not need to be during a half release. It can wait until the game is over. I just think it is worth looking into it. Steam is not cheap for developers, I think they take 30% of revenue. But it does open the biggest market, and I think Caribdis did such a great job they could really profit on it (they deserve to.)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
People got that mad about that, uh?
Yeah especially considering the type of content and that MC basically allowed it to happen. Not really surprising though that many that are attracted to this game would hate that. It has been proven time and time again that that is not what at least a part of those player base are looking for in the games they enjoy and hate it a lot.

Reactions: Frosty_Senpai

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Yeah especially considering the type of content and that MC basically allowed it to happen. Not really surprising though that many that are attracted to this game would hate that. It has been proven time and time again that that is not what at least a part of those player base are looking for in the games they enjoy and hate it a lot.
I mean.. thats why they are called "Bad ends" (if the game actually ended after that choice).
But yes... it kinda didnt matched the tone of the game.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I'll be 100% honest, the scene in question caught me by surprise, I wasn't expecting the game to have content like that and wasn't a big fan. That being said it was very easily avoidable, you only got that scene if you really wanted to get that scene. My main issue with it, was more from a story perspective, unless the dev intends on having multiple branching paths, I don't really see how something like that could happen to Lauren without having a massive impact in the story.

Last edited:

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
I'll be 100% honest, the scene in question caught me by surprise, I wasn't expecting the game to have content like that and wasn't a big fan. That being said it was very easily avoidable, you only got that scene if you really wanted to get that scene. My main issue with it, was more from a story perspective, unless the dev intends on having multiple branching paths, I don't really see how something like that could happen to Lauren without having a massive impact the in the story.
I think Caribdis had these "relationship killer" choices planed out, so i think there will be a route there for if you ruined your relationship with the girls.
There is the one with Judy in the hospital, it's just non-sexual so i think people weren't as bothered by it as much even though the MC pretty much left Judy there to die.
This is Lauren's relationship killer choice. It hit that NTR note though so people had a much stronger reaction to it.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a scene like that with Mom too.
Although after the reaction to the scene with Lauren i'd be surprised if it were anything sexual
I'd be curious to see how the game is different if there is anyone who played through with the abandon Judy choice in the hospital

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I think Caribdis had these "relationship killer" choices planed out, so i think there will be a route there for if you ruined your relationship with the girls.
There is the one with Judy in the hospital, it's just non-sexual so i think people weren't as bothered by it as much even though the MC pretty much left Judy there to die.
This is Lauren's relationship killer choice. It hit that NTR note though so people had a much stronger reaction to it.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a scene like that with Mom too.
Although after the reaction to the scene with Lauren i'd be surprised if it were anything sexual
I'd be curious to see how the game is different if there is anyone who played through with the abandon Judy choice in the hospital
I think the main difference between the Judie stuff and Lauren, is that nothing really happens to Judie. It's still messed up but she ends up being saved, so I can see the game continue with her just being mad at the mc and locking you out of a romantic relationship with her. The Lauren stuff, she ends up being raped because of the mc, that alone is enough to change her character completely.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I can honestly see both of your perspectives.

I just think that anyone who would do that to her, deserved it. You gonna be a douche here is your prize imo (royal yous).

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
I think the main difference between the Judie stuff and Lauren, is that nothing really happens to Judie. It's still messed up but she ends up being saved, so I can see the game continue with her just being mad at the mc and locking you out of a romantic relationship with her. The Lauren stuff, she ends up being raped because of the mc, that alone is enough to change her character completely.
yeah i'm not saying they are identical, just that they serve the same overall narrative purpose from the MC's perspective: to destroy your relationship with that girl.
Also I don't want to get into a thing about which is worse but i would argue that something definitely happens to Judie. having someone you trusted and loved basically leave you to be killed by a terrifying monster would definitely leave a psychological mark whether your were physically injured or not.
Both are horrific betrayals and turn the MC into an incredible asshole

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
yeah i'm not saying they are identical, just that they serve the same overall narrative purpose from the MC's perspective: to destroy your relationship with that girl.
Also I don't want to get into a thing about which is worse but i would argue that something definitely happens to Judie. having someone you trusted and loved basically leave you to be killed by a terrifying monster would definitely leave a psychological mark whether your were physically injured or not.
Both are horrific betrayals and turn the MC into an incredible asshole
Oh yeah I agree with you, that leaving her to die would definitely have a big impact on her, but because she ends up being saved for me it's little more believable, that she would end up forgiving the mc and continue to help him, than him letting Lauren actually get raped. But yeah both are extremely fucked up. My issue as I said is with how the story then will progress because, these are things that wouldn't just destroy the mc's chances to get with them. For example if you left Judie to die and then let Lauren get raped, there is no way that Lauren would continue to help the mc. At that point it is clear that he really doesn't care about them. All the future scenes would have to be very different. I am ok with having branching paths. But if you have these extreme moments and then there is no real meaningful change in the story other than now you can't have sex with the characters, those scenes become pointless.

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
Oh yeah I agree with you, that leaving her to die would definitely have a big impact on her, but because she ends up being saved for me it's little more believable, that she would end up forgiving the mc and continue to help him, than him letting Lauren actually get raped. But yeah both are extremely fucked up. My issue as I said is with how the story then will progress because, these are things that wouldn't just destroy the mc's chances to get with them. For example if you left Judie to die and then let Lauren get raped, there is no way that Lauren would continue to help the mc. At that point it is clear that he really doesn't care about them. All the future scenes would have to be very different. I am ok with having branching paths. But if you have these extreme moments and then there is no real meaningful change in the story other than now you can't have sex with the characters, those scenes become pointless.
The only thing i could see possibly working is a "we'll help you save the world and my sister/mom but once this is over you can fuck right off" kinda thing from the girls perspective.
I don't know how or if the game changes if you make those choices because i haven't done a playthrough making them.
But yes if they didn't leave immediately as you suggest and stayed to help the MC save the world their dialog would have to be drastically different and super hostile to the MC.

Reactions: Badjourasmix
4.80 star(s) 921 Votes