Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev Update #42 (Progress)

Looks like Sam is being her usual sassy self at the meeting, maybe she's glad to see you coming back out of your shell...

Ok everybody, at two weeks of development (it started when I got back from my holiday remember), we are at 2225 lines of code, 2 animations a whopping 796 renders, and I still have one scene of the 2225 lines of code left to render.

I also need to go back and write the dialogue for the scene with the 2 animations and do some foreplay renders, so that number will grow. Not to mention I still have 4 scenes and 1 sexy times scene left to go in the first day of the update!

While it's still early, I feel I've made some better than solid progress! This update is going to focus a lot on healing, but there will also be some wrenches thrown in the gears.

A character who has yet to face any true hardship will do so, and we'll also get updated on the ones who currently are at the moment (i.e. Melissa's situation). That's about it for now, I'll check back in with you guys in another couple of weeks.

As always, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Dev Update #43 (Progress)

Wonder what Mary is so happy about? Looks like she just pulled off a diabolical scheme or something, she may have, you never know...

Ok lovely people, we are at 4894 lines of code, but I've only rendered one scene and wrote 3 on day two of the update so far! That should give you and idea of just how big day the first day was, and how big this update has the potential of being overall. Oh, and I almost forgot, I still have to write dialogue for one of the sexy times scenes on day one, so it will be even bigger (I gotta be in the right mood to do that, so I save it for when I am usually, fun fact I guess).

We are also at 4 animations, and when I say 4 animations, each one has at least 2 camera angles and most have 3, so that's a lot more render time than just the 4 animations, because each camera angle is it's own set of renders, that becomes a movie file.

Let's see, what am I missing, oh yea, we're at 1510 renders! The last scene of this update is going to be a really big party uh... somewhere (think sand and swimsuits or lack there of as things go on mostly like, you know how they roll by now). Not only will this include everyone, but it will be at night, and lighting at night is a lot more technical, so it will take some time.
Not to mention I still have 8 scenes (and I could add more, I usually do after I outline) left to write and 10 to render before we go into testing.

So, what I'm trying to say I guess, is it will get done as soon as I can get it done, I'm not gonna rush it, and I know you wouldn't want me to.

I always thought this would end up being an November release when I started on it, and that's holding true. So as far as a release date goes, I can say November at the moment. When in November, not sure yet, but I can at least say it will come out then.

I'll check back in with you guys in another couple of weeks, this update is good times to make so far! I absolutely love the date you go on with Mary at the end of the first day, it may be some of the most funny stuff in the game to date (probably shouldn't hype it up too much, but sometimes when you write a hit song, you just kinda know, it's rare, but it happens. :))

Anyway, as always, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
An update post from the developer at Patreon:

Quick Update to the last Dev Update

I know I hinted the last scene of this update will be outdoors, but I've changed my mind on that. I've actually come up with what I think is a much cooler idea, and a lot easier to execute (given the amount of people who will be attending).

Any more than that would give it away, but I suppose in the future, I should probably not talk about scenes in dev updates, unless I know 100% they're already going to happen the way I said they were.

Why do I write this post you ask? Pretty much for myself, but possibly, for that one person who might say "You said in one of the dev updates X would happen here like this!", and they would be within their rights to question it.

Just know, I find my new idea to be superior in just about every way, especially from a comedic standpoint. It will also illustrate in the context of the game, things don't always work out to plan, but they can still be made awesome. Lydia will of course be the one who suggests the new idea, because she just does that kinda stuff.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. I'll check back in with you guys on the 26th, which is 2 weeks from the last real dev update.

Hope you are all doing well, cheers!

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Damn i never knew we could work anywhere except for Brenda
Exactly. How can any player turn Brenda down? I would have never known of Holly's existence if it wasn't for the forums here.

I tried an old safe to see some of her content, but Brenda seems more interesting as a character to me. I'll probably replay Holly's scenes at the end, just for completeness.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Zoey's mods.
Rewrites the laws of space and time to add extra hours inn the day so MC fucks everyone. Teleports him back in time to make sure he sees every scene.
Zoey's game.
Makes a character that most people don't even know exists because she's mutually exclusive with another girl.

Just poking fun, but it definitely does make me giggle a little.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Exactly. How can any player turn Brenda down? I would have never known of Holly's existence if it wasn't for the forums here.

I tried an old safe to see some of her content, but Brenda seems more interesting as a character to me. I'll probably replay Holly's scenes at the end, just for completeness.
That's kinda the whole point, there's another path to explore for those who dare to! :)
I wanted people to be like "Oh, what is this!?".

Reactions: Tremonia

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I wanted people to be like "Oh, what is this!?".
And you did well. Okay, I've never found this path without this thread because I really liked the char Brenda from the very first experience in the game. She's not attractive in my eyes but you wrote her as a person who I would befriend with in RL too. She seems to have the heart on the golden side so far I can see. I've never thought a second I should decline her offer. But in my actual playthrough I did. Hell, can't wait for next chapter.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Dev Update #44 (Progress)

Looks like Audrey is very happy to see you...

I know this dev update is coming a day early, but I actually had a moment to write it, so I'm taking it.

Ok, you guys are going to think I'm nuts when I give you these numbers, but I'll explain. We are currently at roughly 6500 lines of code, 2267 renders and I'm going to start including different camera angles of the same animation into these numbers. That being said, we are at 20 animations or 1200 animation frames if you will.

Sounds like the update is almost done right? Uhh... no. I went absolutely crazy with this one. I've got at least another solid 2 weeks for rendering to do, and 2 more scenes to write.

You know how I say "This may end up being the biggest update in the history of the game." Well, this is going to be the biggest update in the history of the game, without a doubt. So, once you get it, there will be a lot of content for you to hopefully enjoy.
As I said before, this one has been a lot of fun to make.

I'm still firm with a release date in November, that's going to happen (baring any unforeseen circumstances, a tornado hits my house, etc...). But, it's going to be the second half of November. It's just so much content. Then once I get it done, it's a lot to polish, and I find that part of the process to be vital for me. It always makes the dialogue sing a little more.

That's still not bad seeing as though I started working on this update on the 12th of September. I'm actually quite please with the amount of progress, based on the amount on content.

Anyway, that's all for now, I'll check back in with you guys in a couple of weeks as usual. I'm almost positive I can give a release date at that time.

Fun fact, One Day at a Time is turning two years old in November, so I think it's kinda cool we're having a big release that month!

As always, hope you are all doing well. Cheers!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Something extra from the developer at Patreon:

Bonus Halloween Render for Everyone!

The sexy waitresses of One Day at a Time...

I put a bonus render in the queue, because I wanted an additional Halloween render I could share with everyone.

Just FYI the lighting is very subtle, so you have to max it on your screen to see it the way it was intended.

Cheers!

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I'm so eager about the next update I can't believe myself. I hope I'll learn by then her name is Molly and not Holly. I have no idea why I keep getting these names mixed up. :unsure:

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here's a poll the developer dropped on Patreon:

Performance Review for ME!

*Thank you to everyone who participated in the poll, I got what I needed out of it.*

The reason I'm doing this now, is because I had almost $300 of support walk out the door today. I've never had that many of you guys leave in mass like that before. So I'd like to ask directly, am I doing alright?

I made a poll. If don't think I'm doing well, either leave a comment below, if you would, or message me directly.

I was just kinda shocked, that's why I'm doing this. Could be because it's around Christmas time, IDK. Also reasons I'm doing well are welcome in the comments, because I need to know what I'm doing right too.

You're doing great, don't sweat it. 40

You could be doing better (please leave a reason below if you will, or message me). 0

Poll ended Nov 2, 2022 40 votes total

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jaw1986baby
4.50 star(s) 130 Votes