Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
That game has been called out by other devs already I think. Wasn't it Timestamps who did something with Bacon begging the same character model to fuck him, because the dev of the game was shitting on Timestamps? I think I remember that correctly. I don't mind mentioning their name (Timestamps devs), because those guys are cool, and I'm not saying anything that's not already in their game anyway.

I was thinking of another dev, who I won't mention, because people would give me shit about it, due to the fact so many absolutely love his game, and to be fair it's really well done, there's just not much sex in it.
I meant A Wife and Mother. The worst game ever made and that includes the 1982 ET by Atari. Total blueballfest and way too much internal dialogue. Never heard of Timestamps.

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
That game has been called out by other devs already I think. Wasn't it Timestamps who did something with Bacon begging the same character model to fuck him, because the dev of the game was shitting on Timestamps? I think I remember that correctly. I don't mind mentioning their name (Timestamps devs), because those guys are cool, and I'm not saying anything that's not already in their game anyway.

I was thinking of another dev, who I won't mention, because people would give me shit about it, due to the fact so many absolutely love his game, and to be fair it's really well done, there's just not much sex in it.
No it was the FP that was begging bacon too import her character too Timestamps, so she finally could have some sex scenes then bacon was consoling her and saying something like they allready had enough girls in the game and it was not possible. She was so sad lol it was hilarious.

Delgath Ra

Oct 15, 2017
I do not generally post on these, but I wanted to tip my hat to the dev for a very well written story that goes beyond the usual "Skip and Click" and actually makes it worth reading the story. Well Done!

Reactions: Zoey Raven

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
I meant A Wife and Mother. The worst game ever made and that includes the 1982 ET by Atari. Total blueballfest and way too much internal dialogue. Never heard of Timestamps.
Oh, you haven't played TCND, then? It was initially known as TP:TCND, rebooted as TCND EX, then "rebooted" again as a "sequel" called TCND EX2; the artwork is nice enough, but the dev is a dick, as I understand it. Those who've been around here enough, know which one this is... (It is an AVN that can be found here, btw.)

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
So two updates are out today on F95 that I downloaded. Do I play the one that supposed to have a basketball game and from what I saw a few hours ago, random naked girls running to the MC. Or do I play One Day at a Time, an update I've been waiting and looking forward to since the previous update?

I guess I choose One Day, with every free hour that I have. There was no contest.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
No it was the FP that was begging bacon too import her character too Timestamps, so she finally could have some sex scenes then bacon was consoling her and saying something like they allready had enough girls in the game and it was not possible. She was so sad lol it was hilarious.
Kassan06969 This is what I was talking about.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
So, I changed some of the preview images for the game, to make it more indicative of what it looks like as a whole. I still have some images from earlier chapters in there, but I took some away and added some later ones. I'd like to get some of the regulars opinions (or whoever's) as to if you think I succeeded, or there's maybe an image you really like that I might include?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Yeah we all know shitty games with "great renders" but who cares how good the renders are if there's no action? As in AWAM/JOHN. Luckily we have this game that has both great renders and good action AND a great story.
And I'll be doing another after this is done. Whenever that is. These characters still have more to say though. Plus the endings whenever those start, will take while. Probably got at least another year on this IP and that's an extremely conservative estimate. But I may start the new one as this one is finishing up. Do like two updates of this one then one of the new one. So it's off and rolling when One Day at a Time finishes. It will still be in this same sort of universe. But it will focus more on mental health. I did a concept render and overview on Patreon for it. The post is public.

ODAAT: The Production

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/ch14_script.rpy", line 6419, in script
    if KaylaBj1 == True:
  File "game/scripts/ch14_script.rpy", line 6419, in <module>
    if KaylaBj1 == True:
NameError: name 'KaylaBj1' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    if KaylaBj1 == True:
  File "C:\Users\wslsa\Desktop\GG\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.14c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\wslsa\Desktop\GG\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.14c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\wslsa\Desktop\GG\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.14c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
    if KaylaBj1 == True:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
One Day At A Time Ch.14c
Sat Mar 25 14:24:32 2023
Is something missing?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    if KaylaBj1 == True:
    if KaylaBj1 == True:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    if KaylaBj1 == True:
  File "C:\Users\wslsa\Desktop\GG\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.14c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\wslsa\Desktop\GG\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.14c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\wslsa\Desktop\GG\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.14c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
    if KaylaBj1 == True:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
One Day At A Time Ch.14c
Sat Mar 25 14:24:32 2023
Is something missing?
No, that's both coded and defined properly, did you try rolling back to an earlier save? That error is likely a corrupted save file. Or it could be your persistent save file. Try using another save. If that doesn't work download the mod and start a new save and just skip through to the choices. That's the best I can tell you. You're the only person who's reported this error and if it was affecting others, then I'd have heard about it long before now, because you can't pass that spot in the update without that variable being checked. Wish I could give you more than that, but as you see below, it's defined. Like I said, I'm guessing it's a save corruption issue. Renpy being renpy. One other question, have you used Unren or manipulated your save file in any way? Another thing take makes me think it points to the save file or some kind of corruption is you would have run into the variable once before that point in the game, on line 6247. See my last screenshot below.

1679744350097.png
1679744385022.png
1679745686903.png

Last edited:
Reactions: OWSam000

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Zoey Raven It's cue stick, not queue stick.
Was that in this update? Because I've searched the entire project and can't find it.

Edit: Never mind, it was "Cue Ball" and I wrote "Queue Ball". Thanks again for finding that.

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
No, that's both coded and defined properly, did you try rolling back to an earlier save? That error is likely a corrupted save file. Or it could be your persistent save file. Try using another save. If that doesn't work download the mod and start a new save and just skip through to the choices. That's the best I can tell you. You're the only person who's reported this error and if it was affecting others, then I'd have heard about it long before now, because you can't pass that spot in the update without that variable being checked. Wish I could give you more than that, but as you see below, it's defined. Like I said, I'm guessing it's a save corruption issue. Renpy being renpy. One other question, have you used Unren or manipulated your save file in any way? Another thing take makes me think it points to the save file or some kind of corruption is you would have run into the variable once before that point in the game, on line 6247. See my last screenshot below.

View attachment 2493609
View attachment 2493611
View attachment 2493667
Thank you.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

TheHologram

Feb 15, 2018
... KaylaBj1 Variable stuff ...
Could this be issue with old saves from before this version do not have that variable defined already. I have version of this game from 1 year ago and this is not present. Most games have to explicitly redefine newly introduced variables during update process or just before where they are used for first time to ensure they exist. Lots of developers do this at the top of the new chxx_script files when they write that way. This game seems to define everything in a separate file that likely is only run when new game is started and not between updates.

Fix now presumably is to enable console and explicitly define the variable or start over from scratch. I could be wrong as I haven't downloaded this yet and encountered the problem but seems like valid scenario to me.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Could this be issue with old saves from before this version do not have that variable defined already. I have version of this game from 1 year ago and this is not present. Most games have to explicitly redefine newly introduced variables during update process or just before where they are used for first time to ensure they exist. Lots of developers do this at the top of the new chxx_script files when they write that way. This game seems to define everything in a separate file that likely is only run when new game is started and not between updates.

Fix now presumably is to enable console and explicitly define the variable or start over from scratch. I could be wrong as I haven't downloaded this yet and encountered the problem but seems like valid scenario to me.
This variable was only added in Ch. 14, so it wouldn't be there in any previous version of the game. It's a save corruption. Unfortunately that happens once a a blue moon to a specific user. I've had it happen to me on games I modded in the past.

1679758322200.png

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
You are cruel Zoey, for ending the update there. How are we supposed to be able to wait until next update for knowing what Barb will make Sam do?

Really great chapter otherwise! As usual, I love the banter between Lydia, MC and Sam.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Finally:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes