Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Was that in this update? Because I've searched the entire project and can't find it.

Edit: Never mind, it was "Cue Ball" and I wrote "Queue Ball". Thanks again for finding that.
You also had him say at the end of the bar date that he was putting the queue's away instead of the cue's away. Referring to the sticks, of course. And np.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
You are cruel Zoey, for ending the update there. How are we supposed to be able to wait until next update for knowing what Barb will make Sam do?

Really great chapter otherwise! As usual, I love the banter between Lydia, MC and Sam.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Finally:
Yep. And more than once. At that point you need >= 42 barb points. If I have counted correctly, you could have at least 46 barb points at that time.
It's 50 possible at that point with Barb, but the last 6 you need to get before that point as you're on your walk.

boobsrcool Use the PDF Walkthrough if you want to see how to get points with Barb. MC and her have a history, so they mess with each other a lot. Sometimes the "Nice" choice isn't the right one with her, kinda similar to Lydia, but not quite, its more pronounced with Barb.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: boobsrcool

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
You are cruel Zoey, for ending the update there. How are we supposed to be able to wait until next update for knowing what Barb will make Sam do?

Really great chapter otherwise! As usual, I love the banter between Lydia, MC and Sam.
Finally:
It's away from the main character, it's just the angle. I would have had to turn off limits on the hand to make it go back further. I didn't wanna do that cause it can start looking weird.

Reactions: bacienvu88

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
New-game teaser from the developer at Patreon:

...and we've got a Main Menu!

I worked on One Day at a Time all day today. BUT, I thought I'd put a little overtime in and get some coding and back end stuff done on this one! Gonna render out the rest of the GUI images tonight.

I was DEAD SET on changing the image buttons (New Game, Preferences, Etc...), but when I fired them up on here as placeholders, I just thought they looked too good to change, so I'm keeping them!

Maria is very happy I put some extra time in today, to do a bit of work on The Production!

Anyway, it's back to One Day at a Time tomorrow, hope you guys liked the last update. Really happy with how the morning of Day 29 is coming along so far. Some fun and tender moments with a character you're probably not going to expect. Can't wait to do the Lydia and Brenda or Lydia and Molly scenes on the night of Day 29. Both of those ladies are a blast, and with Lydia in the mix it'll be off the hook!

Also can't wait to do the club scene, that's gonna be lot of fun. There's some other really cool stuff mixed in there as well (don't wanna spoil it). I've got both days pretty well outlined, but I'm sure I'll add/shift around some stuff.

Anyway, consider this an unofficial Dev Update. I had planned on doing the first one on the 12th. So, I'll speak to you guys then about the progress that's been made.

As always, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Even though I had hoped for the next game to be Detective Barb I am intrigued by The Production as well.
I could always do a spin off in the future, you never know! :) I'm pretty sure you guys will like this next game, if you liked this one. Also remember Maria is your "Childhood Friend" and you grew up together with a "Landlady", if that's your thing. But even with that added element I've always wanted to explore in my own way. The production will very much be about difficult subjects like this one was. More mental health and life experience focused though. Why artists of any kinda are generally messed up in one way or another, and how they work through and overcome it.

Reactions: bacienvu88

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Apparently Mary is a bitch and Audrey is stuck up. Really? Like the two most outwardly caring girls in the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't get that take at all. Just making sure I've not gone completely insane. Reviews in general just confuse me anymore, because I get one person totally crap on the game with shit I just don't see is there, and then the next one is praising it and found it deeply touching.

I'm sure it's probably somewhere in the middle of that, or maybe it just is what it is to certain people. Kinda hard to interpret. I guess I need to focus on what people are saying overall, and feedback from patrons more than 2 reviews back to back.

Last edited:

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Apparently Mary is a bitch and Audrey is stuck up. Really? Like the two most outwardly caring girls in the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't get that take at all. Just making sure I've not gone completely insane. Reviews in general just confuse me anymore, because I get one person totally crap on the game with shit I just don't see is there, and then the next one is praising it and found it deeply touching.

I'm sure it's probably somewhere in the middle of that, or maybe it just is what it is to certain people. Kinda hard to interpret. I guess I need to focus on what people are saying overall, and feedback from patrons more than 2 reviews back to back.
Who the fuck thought that? Some moron. Some people just troll. I think there were times Mary was a bitch (all due to her addiction and she apologized later) but WTF?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Who the fuck thought that? Some moron. Some people just troll. I think there were times Mary was a bitch (all due to her addiction and she apologized later) but WTF?
Like when she relapsed and made Lydia cry when her and MC went over there. Yea, she was supposed to be then, because she was on a two day bender and feeling sorry for herself. But on the WHOLE... as you said WTF. I've stated this before, but these people are a team, if you look at the person who made the review, they took the time to go around and like every other negative review of the game they could find.

I used to see that when I was modding too and would actually review some games. But I personally only reviewed stuff I liked. I never saw the need to shit on someone else's work. I guess the review system is for what people think, both good and bad. I just never saw a reason to leave one if I didn't like the game, I moved on to something else and that was that. But like I said I shouldn't read too much positive or negative in two back to back reviews one good one not so good.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Like when she relapsed and made Lydia cry when her and MC went over there. Yea, she was supposed to be then, because she was on a two day bender and feeling sorry for herself. But on the WHOLE... as you said WTF. I've stated this before, but these people are a team, if you look at the person who made the review, they took the time to go around and like every other negative review of the game they could find.

I used to see that when I was modding too and would actually review some games. But I personally only reviewed stuff I liked. I never saw the need to shit on someone else's work. I guess the review system is for what people think, both good and bad. I just never saw a reason to leave one if I didn't like the game, I moved on to something else and that was that. But like I said I shouldn't read too much positive or negative in two back to back reviews one good one not so good.
Look at the likes on the negative reviews. Not even just your game, look at it for almost any game. It's almost always the exact same names. There's just a group of sad fucking weirdos going around this site clicking on the reviews to every game and spamming the thumbs up on every single negative criticism they can find. Sad people are attracted to negativity. I changed my settings on this site so I dson't get review notifications because reading these peoples thoughts just isn't good for your mind. And that's just my perspective as a fan of some of these games. When it's your own work that being unfairly picked apart it's a lot worse. All I can say is do your best to distance yourself from the reviews altogether. End of the day your patrons don't care about a low star rating, you'll never make everyone happy so as long as you're staying afloat I'd just worry about the people who you are.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Look at the likes on the negative reviews. Not even just your game, look at it for almost any game. It's almost always the exact same names. There's just a group of sad fucking weirdos going around this site clicking on the reviews to every game and spamming the thumbs up on every single negative criticism they can find. Sad people are attracted to negativity. I changed my settings on this site so I dson't get review notifications because reading these peoples thoughts just isn't good for your mind. And that's just my perspective as a fan of some of these games. When it's your own work that being unfairly picked apart it's a lot worse. All I can say is do your best to distance yourself from the reviews altogether. End of the day your patrons don't care about a low star rating, you'll never make everyone happy so as long as you're staying afloat I'd just worry about the people who you are.
That's pretty much what I was alluding to. They have a crew, that just feeds on negativity, then you see some of the games they actually rate high (if they ever do) and it makes me laugh, because they are usually some of my least favorite.

Reactions: Inequidy

Inequidy

Sep 25, 2018
I've played a lot of games, but being an addict, this one really resonated with me. The characters, the story, things that happen that would seem absurd to people who just haven't lived it.

It's probably the best story I've experienced in this genre. I didn't even care what happened in the sex scenes, I just wanted to see what happened to the characters as I played a long. Sure, a book or another format could probably have delivered it in a more raw or detailed way, but we play games to take a break from our lives. Adding entertainment to it was a good thing for me. If it had been too serious, I'd probably just be depressed :p

Zoey Raven. Thank you for this. I slipped hard again recently, and this brought perspective.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I could always do a spin off in the future, you never know! :) I'm pretty sure you guys will like this next game, if you liked this one. Also remember Maria is your "Childhood Friend" and you grew up together with a "Landlady", if that's your thing. But even with that added element I've always wanted to explore in my own way. The production will very much be about difficult subjects like this one was. More mental health and life experience focused though. Why artists of any kinda are generally messed up in one way or another, and how they work through and overcome it.
That sounds pretty great actually.
Apparently Mary is a bitch and Audrey is stuck up. Really? Like the two most outwardly caring girls in the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't get that take at all. Just making sure I've not gone completely insane.
Sounds like someone who hasn't bothered reading any of the text. I have a really hard time finding any character in the game that can be described as a bitch or stuck up. It is one of the many things I like about the game, that the characters are well-rounded and seem *human* instead of black and white descriptions like "bitch".
That's pretty much what I was alluding to. They have a crew, that just feeds on negativity, then you see some of the games they actually rate high (if they ever do) and it makes me laugh, because they are usually some of my least favorite.
Personally I prefer to not write a review over writing a negative one. The only exception would be if I really, really want to like a game but some aspect ruins it for me.

The most confusing reviews though are those that goes on about how they like the game, then rate it with 1 star anyway.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

Different people like different things, thats just human nature.
Just like me not liking the "reading other NPC's inner monologues" while others apparently do, you can't please everybody.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I've played a lot of games, but being an addict, this one really resonated with me. The characters, the story, things that happen that would seem absurd to people who just haven't lived it.

It's probably the best story I've experienced in this genre. I didn't even care what happened in the sex scenes, I just wanted to see what happened to the characters as I played a long. Sure, a book or another format could probably have delivered it in a more raw or detailed way, but we play games to take a break from our lives. Adding entertainment to it was a good thing for me. If it had been too serious, I'd probably just be depressed :p

Zoey Raven. Thank you for this. I slipped hard again recently, and this brought perspective.
Just keep going back to meetings. Like the old timers say. As long as you're still breathing you've got a chance. Take it moment by moment and hit the pillow sober at night. Message me if you ever need any support.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 130 Votes