Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't see it as a big time spoiler. I've said all this stuff in the thread, just never put it on Patreon. Nor did I reveal the content of any of the endings. So, I don't think it's spoilery. In fact I wrote it, because I got tired of repeating myself with questions from people.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Older male and younger female??? (short, petite, redhead female :love: )

Or, for me, the much less fun and interesting similar age male and female?
Not a fan of the first option you gave at all. Also not shaming you for being one. Childhood friend of the same age and a Landlady you grew up with. Landlady will play a smaller roll than the childhood friend. Then there's also the 5 girls in the cast and crew of the game. So, it's not gonna be balls out Ipatch, you should know by now I don't like to do stuff that's been done to death. But I did want to explore my own take on it. However the majority of the game will be about performers and mental health, how artists are fucked up people. How everyone can help each other to reach a common goal.

So, it will still live in the ODAAT universe with less emphasis on hard drugs and more on mental health with a side of cest.

...and yes there's a smokin hot redhead in it. She one of the cast.

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
See, for me, when Harem is on the table I always harem. No girl left behind and sad! So I will march straight for that one. And Zoey Raven when you say all does that include Brenda and Molly?

As for solo the only one I will try to get, even if I have to replay part, is Audrey. Because she is my girl.

I get the harem thing mathematically. you got like 10 girls or something. and you can pick 2-10 the combos are really high and yeah who TF wants to render all those possibilities. I wouldn't even want you to have to do that out of sympathy. Even though it involves no work on my part :)

Thanks for the breakdown

and thanks Tremonia for the posting of it
Well I of course I thought everyone would want to see the harem ending. I also hope you guys would want to see all the rest of them too, but it's my game I should feel that way. At the very least I hope everyone sees Lydia's ending, because as I said in the post, that's the canon ending, and the way I'd end the story if I couldn't do it any other way.

Umm... I doubt Molly and Brenda will be in on the harem thing. I may include a last scene with whichever one you worked for. But it would be hard to put them both in the harem since in a single playthrough you either form a relationship with one or the other.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I totally get that

BUT

Let's say you had no Sam, in the harem it is a bit "fantasy" because you get Sam at the end anyway to make your life as dev easier. So I thought that might go for Brenda and Molly since, what the hell, why not?? Ya no wut im sayn
Sam would find a way into the harem even if I didn't write her in, she would just magically appear! I have WAY more control over Lydia even than I do Sam! :p Did you not play this update yet? I really liked the stuff I did with Sam in this one. I feel like I showed her in a more vulnerable light than I ever have.

Serraxas

Nov 30, 2019
As a frequently-relapsing alcoholic, I'm in a difficult spot with this game. What I've played so far has been awesome, don't get me wrong (made it about as far as the point where MC and Lydia are seriously considering quitting after the drug bust that resulted in a citywide shortage of product - and yes, I was doing a sober run), but I kind of put myself on a "reward system" with it. First time I got dry for two weeks, I let myself give this game an honest go and frankly? I was blown away.

Then life happened, I started downing most of a bottle of whiskey each night again and I made myself stay away because I have a nasty habit of playing through these things in a haze and then coming back the next day having no idea where I am story-wise. A story about addicts getting well deserves better than me playing it out of my gourd. Hell, every good game does, but for some reason this one made me stick to my guns.

Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope to clean up enough to get up to date on this one day, and that (assuming they read this) I'm proud of Zoey for getting this far. I can't imagine four MONTHS sober, let alone fourteen years. I hope I can be as strong as you one day.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
As a frequently-relapsing alcoholic, I'm in a difficult spot with this game. What I've played so far has been awesome, don't get me wrong (made it about as far as the point where MC and Lydia are seriously considering quitting after the drug bust that resulted in a citywide shortage of product - and yes, I was doing a sober run), but I kind of put myself on a "reward system" with it. First time I got dry for two weeks, I let myself give this game an honest go and frankly? I was blown away.

Then life happened, I started downing most of a bottle of whiskey each night again and I made myself stay away because I have a nasty habit of playing through these things in a haze and then coming back the next day having no idea where I am story-wise. A story about addicts getting well deserves better than me playing it out of my gourd. Hell, every good game does, but for some reason this one made me stick to my guns.

Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope to clean up enough to get up to date on this one day, and that (assuming they read this) I'm proud of Zoey for getting this far. I can't imagine four MONTHS sober, let alone fourteen years. I hope I can be as strong as you one day.
Just keep trying, and get to meetings. That's the best thing I can tell you. It's simple but not easy, I understand that, but just keep trying. You gotta wanna quit for yourself, and when you're truly ready to do that you'll know. Again, just keep trying don't give up.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Another gift from the developer at Patreon:

Another Bonus Image for Patrons

I rendered animations all day yesterday, and by the time they were done I didn't really have enough time to go on to the next scene. So, Angie decided she was going to pose rather provocatively for me. Cheers!

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Wow. I'm not really sure what I can say. This has to be one of, if not the most enthralling games I've ever played. It's quite a bit different to the games I usually like, but I just couldn't put it down. I was so invested in the characters and what happens next. I played through taking sober choices, and while I'm curious about what junkie or relapse stories might look like, after falling in love with the characters I don't really want to see them struggle with their addiction more than necessary; perhaps I ought to have played the other way first.
The static renders are very good, I've seen games with more artistic/cinematic lighting and framing, but have no complaints about the quality. The animations are... not great. The character movements look quite unrealistic on most of them.
The writing as I said before is very engaging, though there are a few continuity things I noticed depending on choices made, and it could really use a proofing pass; there are tons of spelling mistakes.
Also one thing that confused me was "one is not enough and a hundred is too many"; I thought it was supposed to be the other way around: "One is too many, and a hundred is not enough"?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Wow. I'm not really sure what I can say. This has to be one of, if not the most enthralling games I've ever played. It's quite a bit different to the games I usually like, but I just couldn't put it down. I was so invested in the characters and what happens next. I played through taking sober choices, and while I'm curious about what junkie or relapse stories might look like, after falling in love with the characters I don't really want to see them struggle with their addiction more than necessary; perhaps I ought to have played the other way first.
The static renders are very good, I've seen games with more artistic/cinematic lighting and framing, but have no complaints about the quality. The animations are... not great. The character movements look quite unrealistic on most of them.
The writing as I said before is very engaging, though there are a few continuity things I noticed depending on choices made, and it could really use a proofing pass; there are tons of spelling mistakes.
Also one thing that confused me was "one is not enough and a hundred is too many"; I thought it was supposed to be the other way around: "One is too many, and a hundred is not enough"?
You're right I'll change that! Probably wrote it at 3am. As far as spelling and proofing, I'm sure there's some stuff we missed, but I certainly wouldn't say it's a ton. In fact I'd put my game up against almost any when it comes to that. It is just me and one beta tester/proof reader though. So, if people find mistakes I always encourage them to send me screenshots. In a game this large stuff is going to get missed. Even with the 3 passes we do each chapter.

Also in terms of continuity, let me know what you're talking about specifically in a PM, because I'd like to know if there are logic errors. I'm very thorough when it comes to this. So, if you found one I'd really like to know about it.

Glad you are enjoying the game. The animations get better in later chapters. But I didn't know what I was doing early on.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You're right I'll change that! Probably wrote it at 3am. As far as spelling and proofing, I'm sure there's some stuff we missed, but I certainly wouldn't say it's a ton. In fact I'd put my game up against almost any when it comes to that. It is just me and one beta tester/proof reader though. So, if people find mistakes I always encourage them to send me screenshots. In a game this large stuff is going to get missed. Even with the 3 passes we do each chapter.

Also in terms of continuity, let me know what you're talking about specifically in a PM, because I'd like to know if there are logic errors. I'm very thorough when it comes to this. So, if you found one I'd really like to know about it.

Glad you are enjoying the game. The animations get better in later chapters. But I didn't know what I was doing early on.
Nah it really is a ton. I screenshotted just the first day, and there were like thirty mistakes. It would probably be quicker and easier if I were to just edit the script.
As for the continuity, I can remember a few things; one was if the handjob before the volleyball didn't happen because of choosing the non-corruption options for Aubrey, choosing the corruption option to say it happened they both act like it actually did happen instead of him just joking about it. Another was if you choose not to punch Hector when rescuing Mary from him, later on he mentions punching him (don't remember where this was though, sorry).
And at one point Barb says that we asked about the male detectives looking at her ass, even if we didn't.
Not sure if there were any more than this, if there were I can't remember.

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
I also choosed the sober path, as that's who I am and I was planning on only play one path. Now I'm even more certain that it was the right decision. As I love the characters I want the best for them.

But I'm a weirdo, as I've mentioned before. Still I do the same, when the lewd scenes comes I stop them (I had to wait a long, long, long time in this update for the first!:p). Why? Because I love that piece that is played during these scenes. So I went and made myself dinner while the music played in the background. Then I cleaned my apartment during the stop in next scene. This as some friends come tomorrow and I had to chase the rats (of dust) away. So, the music played for 20 min at first break and 30 min at second. As I said, I'm a weirdo.

Apartment from that, a great update as usual. I cried some, laughed a little more and had a really good time playing it. Btw, sorry I forgot the screen shot, but when MC talks to Shelly and you choose "Mary told me and I remembered" you get "MC told me...".

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Nah it really is a ton. I screenshotted just the first day, and there were like thirty mistakes. It would probably be quicker and easier if I were to just edit the script.
As for the continuity, I can remember a few things; one was if the handjob before the volleyball didn't happen because of choosing the non-corruption options for Aubrey, choosing the corruption option to say it happened they both act like it actually did happen instead of him just joking about it. Another was if you choose not to punch Hector when rescuing Mary from him, later on he mentions punching him (don't remember where this was though, sorry).
And at one point Barb says that we asked about the male detectives looking at her ass, even if we didn't.
Not sure if there were any more than this, if there were I can't remember.
I appreciate you offering, but I only take corrections I verify personally, not edited script files.

I'm sure we'll do a final pass after the game is completed. Thanks for pointing the things out you did. I'll take a look at them.

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I also choosed the sober path, as that's who I am and I was planning on only play one path. Now I'm even more certain that it was the right decision. As I love the characters I want the best for them.
I have three saves and all of them are good. My main path is Sober/work at Brenda/try to get all the girls. The others is Sober/work at Molly/Lydia only and Relapse/work at Brenda/LydiaMary. The relapse path is something I want to explore. But I'm honest. Once the game is completed I'll never play the relapse path again. At least I think so now. I'll probably do it at some point, but I don't plan to. I'm more the let us all be happy guy. I care much about the chars. I know it's just a game but I don't want to see them suffer.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I have three saves and all of them are good. My main path is Sober/work at Brenda/try to get all the girls. The others is Sober/work at Molly/Lydia only and Relapse/work at Brenda/LydiaMary. The relapse path is something I want to explore. But I'm honest. Once the game is completed I'll never play the relapse path again. At least I think so now. I'll probably do it at some point, but I don't plan to. I'm more the let us all be happy guy. I care much about the chars. I know it's just a game but I don't want to see them suffer.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Please do what you have in mind. As I started this path I've prepared myself for the worst. I'll take any ending that comes. The only thing that matters to me is that a dev never changes his story to please players. In my experience, that only made the stories worse. But what am I writing? I have faith in you and your work. In the end it will all be logical and stringent. Damn, I'm sounding like a fangirl again. Sorry.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Please do what you have in mind. As I started this path I've prepared myself for the worst. I'll take any ending that comes. The only thing that matters to me is that a dev never changes his story to please players. In my experience, that only made the stories worse. But what am I writing? I have faith in you and your work. In the end it will all be logical and stringent. Damn, I'm sounding like a fangirl again. Sorry.
It's always a disaster when Dev's try to take every suggestion they get from the player base and please everyone. I gave suggestions their due in the beginning and probably used a total of four out of over a hundred. So, there is some value in it. But I had people come in here telling me to change my story and how etc...

Dialogues are too long etc. Fine go play another game that suits what you're looking for more. I'm trying to think of the suggestions I took. One was to beef up the dialogue is sex scenes. Some people didn't like it most people loved it. I re-textured MC's dick, and the other two were actually from other developers so I won't mention those names. But they are people I trust.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
It's true. There are people that demand ntr, incest, futa, etc in EVERY GAME. There are plenty of games with or even focused on that, leave the ones that don't have it for the people who don't like that.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I appreciate you offering, but I only take corrections I verify personally, not edited script files.

I'm sure we'll do a final pass after the game is completed. Thanks for pointing the things out you did. I'll take a look at them.
If you have a decent diff program (I personally favour ) you should be able to quickly and easily verify changes to script files. If you change your mind, let me know and I'll do it.

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes