Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Some new renders from Zoey Raven:

I've to say Isobel looks like a potential new Waifu to me. I think I'll like ODAAT: The Production. But I'm not sure Isobel or Maeve could beat Lydia. But who knows? Keep it up, Zoey! It's nice work so far on the girls front.
The second girl is Olivia.

You'll have to see what their personalities are like first. There's one girl people won't like in the beginning (or maybe some will). But that's by design.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Promo.png

What the heck is going on here I wonder...

One Day at a Time Ch. 15 will release on 06/20/23 or 20/06/23, that's the 20th of June. Polishing and testing are going well! There will obviously not be another dev update before release.

As always, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

boobsrcool

Apr 1, 2022
View attachment 2681077

What the heck is going on here I wonder...

One Day at a Time Ch. 15 will release on 06/20/23 or 20/06/23, that's the 20th of June. Polishing and testing are going well! There will obviously not be another dev update before release.

As always, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!
wham bam barb n sam

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I'm just doing my replay of the game because of the new update which releases tomorrow. I love this game. It's not the story alone which is great. No, it's also nice to see how the dev improved his skills during the development process. If you compare Chapter 1 with Chapter 4 and this with Chapter 8, etc. you can see this. ...and damn I love Lydia's big mouth and shenanigans.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I'm just doing my replay of the game because of the new update which releases tomorrow. I love this game. It's not the story alone which is great. No, it's also nice to see how the dev improved his skills during the development process. If you compare Chapter 1 with Chapter 4 and this with Chapter 8, etc. you can see this. ...and damn I love Lydia's big mouth and shenanigans.
Replaying once in a while is great! ODaaT is one of those stories where the experience becomes greater when you know what happens later. In general knowing more about fighting the drugs and how it affects them. And then there are specific scenes such as those scenes before Lydia's OD have extra tension because you know in advance what Lydia is doing. Oh, and I always shout "Hands on the wheel, dimwit!" in that car crash scene.

Reactions: Tremonia

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
ODaaT is one of those stories where the experience becomes greater when you know what happens later.
Same here. I remember how I breaked my first play through up after that scene where Mary did her first shot. I thought it wasn't for me. But my curiosity made me play this AVN again some weeks later. Now I played the whole damn thing and was flashed. My first playthrough with every game is without walkthrough or mods. So I played it with a walkthrough again and now I could see much more of the beauty of this game. Not because of the walkthrough. No, because of the effect you described. You see things you can't see at the first time. Well, after that I did a relapse playthrough. To be honest I don't like this playthrough and I only play this after a new update. But it's good the relapse path is in there. It adds so much depth. I was never an addict and only knew some sober alcoholics. To experience drug addictness in this way of playing as an AVN did a lot with and to me.

Now, I've played this AVN more than 10 times since my first try. It's a hell of a good game and the best demonstration that a good story will ever beat good graphics. I'm sure Zoey Raven isn't pissed off if I say the graphics aren't S tier. They got better and better with every chapter. That's one point I meant as I wrote you can watch the dev grow on his project and I can't wait to see his work tomorrow in Chapter 15. But it is what it is, the story beats clearly most of the AVN here on this site. It's a pity that the difficult subject means that not many more people play the game. It deserves a lot more attention from the community here. But unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. I'm happy for and about everyone who discovers this game.

Even if I come across as a simp. I'll not stop "promoting" this game. Everyone should get to know and love Lydia. The rest of the gang too, of course. Frankenstein, Barb, Audrey, Brenda, Molly,... I love them all.
Oh, and I always shout "Hands on the wheel, dimwit!" in that car crash scene.
Yeah, I've already done that too. :LOL:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Same here. I remember how I breaked my first play through up after that scene where Mary did her first shot. I thought it wasn't for me. But my curiosity made me play this AVN again some weeks later.
Yeah, I have a similar story. I mistakenly thought the game was going to glorify drugs and so on. But when I got past that hurdle and saw that it is really about the persons and their struggles I became instant hooked.
I'm sure @Zoey Raven isn't pissed off if I say the graphics aren't S tier. They got better and better with every chapter. That's one point I meant as I wrote you can watch the dev grow on his project and I can't wait to see his work tomorrow in Chapter 15.
Yeah, it is very evident how much growth he has had in graphics*. And I'd say his current work is A+, approaching S as evident by that barb render above. :)

* Not including sex animations**. This is not specific to ODaaT. I find almost all sex animations for games on this site to be stiff and don't add anything. I'd prefer a few static renders instead of an animation.
** Non-sex animations often don't need a high detail of movements etc., especially if it doesn't include any persons.
Even if I come across as a simp. I'll not stop "promoting" this game. Everyone should get to know and love Lydia. The rest of the gang too, of course. Frankenstein, Barb, Audrey, Brenda, Molly,... I love them all.
If you are going to simp for a game, this is a good choice. :)
Yeah. I consider Zoey to be one of the best devs here at writing characters. I even like the male characters! And that is not very common in AVNs. :cool:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Yeah, it is very evident how much growth he has had in graphics*. And I'd say his current work is A+, approaching S as evident by that barb render above.
Yep. And there was some rework in older scenes, Brenda and Angie for example. It looks very well
I find almost all sex animations for games on this site to be stiff and don't add anything.
Yeah, I'm not a fan from that too. There's really just a hand full games with good animations. Sex scenes seems to be the most difficult animations to master. But I can't tell. My skills in DAZ confines about static renders.
I even like the male characters! And that is not very common in AVNs.
That's something I'll never understand. Why's there a lack on guys in AVN? It's like all the MC dudes have just one male friend, mostly a goof, and that's it. All other dudes are enemies or just a NPC like waiters or a store clerk.

Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Yeah, I'm not a fan from that too. There's really just a hand full games with good animations. Sex scenes seems to be the most difficult animations to master. But I can't tell. My skills in DAZ confines about static renders.
I don't know animation. I think it has to do how sex usually involves more or less the whole body. Small adjustments to make it more comfortable or get easier access and so on. And not just the bodies of the involved move, the bed moves as well. Especially in positions where one party is pushed down onto the bed. So you need to get a lot of detailed movements correct and not just the basic in-and-out movement. So it becomes time-consuming to do something that looks good. It doesn't help that most animations are just a short sequence in a loop, which makes the scene look static.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Same here. I remember how I breaked my first play through up after that scene where Mary did her first shot. I thought it wasn't for me. But my curiosity made me play this AVN again some weeks later. Now I played the whole damn thing and was flashed. My first playthrough with every game is without walkthrough or mods. So I played it with a walkthrough again and now I could see much more of the beauty of this game. Not because of the walkthrough. No, because of the effect you described. You see things you can't see at the first time. Well, after that I did a relapse playthrough. To be honest I don't like this playthrough and I only play this after a new update. But it's good the relapse path is in there. It adds so much depth. I was never an addict and only knew some sober alcoholics. To experience drug addictness in this way of playing as an AVN did a lot with and to me.

Now, I've played this AVN more than 10 times since my first try. It's a hell of a good game and the best demonstration that a good story will ever beat good graphics. I'm sure Zoey Raven isn't pissed off if I say the graphics aren't S tier. They got better and better with every chapter. That's one point I meant as I wrote you can watch the dev grow on his project and I can't wait to see his work tomorrow in Chapter 15. But it is what it is, the story beats clearly most of the AVN here on this site. It's a pity that the difficult subject means that not many more people play the game. It deserves a lot more attention from the community here. But unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. I'm happy for and about everyone who discovers this game.

Yeah, I've already done that too. :LOL:
Yeah, I have a similar story. I mistakenly thought the game was going to glorify drugs and so on. But when I got past that hurdle and saw that it is really about the persons and their struggles I became instant hooked.

Yeah, it is very evident how much growth he has had in graphics*. And I'd say his current work is A+, approaching S as evident by that barb render above. :)

* Not including sex animations**. This is not specific to ODaaT. I find almost all sex animations for games on this site to be stiff and don't add anything. I'd prefer a few static renders instead of an animation.
** Non-sex animations often don't need a high detail of movements etc., especially if it doesn't include any persons.

If you are going to simp for a game, this is a good choice. :)
Yeah. I consider Zoey to be one of the best devs here at writing characters. I even like the male characters! And that is not very common in AVNs. :cool:
Daz is an awful animation software. Most of the S tier animations you see are done in blender with sex only focused games or games where the patrons don't care that updates take 6 months or longer.

It's very hard to export and import back Daz characters and animations from Daz to Blender. So, I like many others, do the best I can. Not to mention I do so many renders. If I did 6 animations per sex scene that were different positions the game would be huge (see BaDik) and very hard to make an android port for.

Look at the animations in Ch. 1 compared to now. Now is better. Is it as good as people who do 1000 lines of code updates with hardly no story and mostly just wank material. Or the devs who as I said before "have the time". No, but I prefer what I'm doing over making a fuckfest and focusing on the sex more than the story. I still think the sex scenes are hot personally, but I make them so that would probably be why.

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Look at the animations in Ch. 1 compared to now. Now is better.
That they are. Like I said, you improved a lot over the development process and it's part of the charm to see this while playing the AVN.
No, but I prefer what I'm doing over making a fuckfest and focusing on the sex more than the story.
I think I can speak for the most of your audience when I'm say: we too.
I still think the sex scenes are hot personally, but I make them so that would probably be why.
They're hot.

Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Daz is an awful animation software. Most of the S tier animations you see are done in blender with sex only focused games or games where the patrons don't care that updates take 6 months or longer.
I'm quite intrigued by what comes out of ITRoy's effort to switch to using Unreal Engine for rendering in To be a King.
I still think the sex scenes are hot personally, but I make them so that would probably be why.
I'd have thought you are sick and tired of a scene by the time you are done with it due to seeing it too much. :)

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I'm quite intrigued by what comes out of ITRoy's effort to switch to using Unreal Engine for rendering in To be a King.

I'd have thought you are sick and tired of a scene by the time you are done with it due to seeing it too much. :)
I do the animation for it first, then write the dialogue when I'm "in the mood". So, that's probably why. I just have to be a little horny to write sex dialogue. Which I don't think is all that crazy TBH.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Maria Gin Promo.jpg

I'm going to start calling these custom renders, because sometimes they aren't 4k, they are 8k (like this one), and not always in 16:9 Aspect ratio.

Hope you enjoy this months, wanted to do something that felt kinda raw. Cheers!

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020

Zoey Raven said:
I'm going to take a couple weeks for myself to do a number of things, I need/want to do. Real life stuff has been crazy as of late and I need a little break. Long story short, as many of you know I'm functionally disabled (I have a chronic nerve pain condition and nerve damage to one of my ears that causes facial nephropathy. It's controlled fairly well by meds most days, so please don't feel sorry for me. Some others have it much worse).

As a result of this I live with my parents. Well, they've decided to get a divorce (rather my Mom did) at 70 years old and my Mom has moved out. So, Dad and I are still in the house, but we're going to to have to sell it and be out in a year. I know it's not happening tomorrow, but it's still been hard and stressful. I've not seen my Dad cry but once in his life til now, and now it's a weekly thing. My sister and I are trying to help him the best we can, because he won't get professional help or let the doctor put him on meds. So, needless to say this hasn't been easy for anyone.

Having said all of that, you can see why I might need a break. Also, I'm a Final Fantasy and Diablo nut, and I've yet to have a chance to play either, so that's what I'm gonna do in the next two weeks. Play FF16 and Diablo IV. On top of that I'm going to take some time to play some games of other developers I admire, and maybe even a few 0.1's.
Why? Because I haven't for a very long time due to making my own and how much effort that takes doing it as just one person (don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have it any other way). It's never a bad thing for me to study what's out there, so I can keep current with ideas of what I think both works and doesn't in Adult visual novels.

I'll post a message on the 16th, to let you all know I'm back at it, and who knows, I may even play around and do some promo renders. Every render I do, I learn something new it seems. So, if I choose to do some in this period, I will of course share them with you guys!

As always hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

P.S. - Hope you liked Ch. 15. I didn't get a lot of feedback on it, but what I did was extremely positive, which is always good to hear! Also it did end up being the biggest update in the history of the game!

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes