FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
While you might be right, I love Italian cinema. But, to each their own on that, and I've certainly dipped into some of the stuff you're referring to from those other countries, just not as far back as the 50-60's. I honestly wish I had more time to dig stuff like that up, but being a DEV takes a lot of time. And, the free time I do have is usually focused on my surface stuff, so I can relax and don't have to concentrate as hard. Since I'd been doing that all day.
No worries, I started rather early, in my mid 20's, courtesy of a robust library system. Been doing it for almost 40 years. So, time is indeed a factor. The fact that I have 2 graduates of Film school in the immediate family, also helped.

You can always do it slowly. Believe me, it changes your outlook rather significantly.

Peace :)

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Alright, I do have to make one comment about the two star review we got, and that's because he took a shot at the music. If you pay attention, the music is the same because the girls and some of the environments have "themes". So, just in case someone would take that to heart. That's the reason for it.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
As someone who has been here a loooong time on F95 and played tons of these games:

The entire review section is useless and should be ignored by anyone and everyone

People who leave reviews (vast majority):
1) Super fans who may not be accurate because they enjoy it too much - not a bad thing but also not a helpful review for the most part

2) Haters who dislike the dev, a character, lack of sex, wrong kind of fetishes what have you. Completely useless and not at all helpful because it is only about their anger/hate for whatever trigger.

3) People who style themselves "Critics" and just assume others need to listen to their opinion because they want the attention or think that they are above everyone else in their critique. These people CAN be helpful but they can just as easily criticize dumb things that are to be expected without a rationale for why. An example would be those AVNs with incest and they criticize the interplay of it and how it is rationalized. If it includes incest as a tag you cannot try to be logical anymore than you can try to apply Physics to a Marvel Movie as you know the genre going in and cannot judge it like a period piece.

There are a very small handful of people who will try to give honest reviews and within the framework of tags, style, settings established. But digging through untold numbers of the above to find the 4 reviews that fit this are not worth the time. Best thing you can do is play it some and see if you like it. Second to that is read intro description and tags and peruse the preview pics. I found the impression I get from those actions is 90% accurate to determine if I will enjoy something here. And again I have been here a loooong time.

PEACE

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Here's an F 95 exclusive, because I like many of you, and you've put up with me through a very hard time. Not to mention I just love doing scenes with Brenda, and since I was working on this one I figured what the hell. (You know the lighting sucks and the render is God awful though as some of the hate raters who wouldn't know a good image if it hit them in the face would tell you!) :p

Temp.png

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
As someone who has been here a loooong time on F95 and played tons of these games:

The entire review section is useless and should be ignored by anyone and everyone

People who leave reviews (vast majority):
1) Super fans who may not be accurate because they enjoy it too much - not a bad thing but also not a helpful review for the most part

2) Haters who dislike the dev, a character, lack of sex, wrong kind of fetishes what have you. Completely useless and not at all helpful because it is only about their anger/hate for whatever trigger.

3) People who style themselves "Critics" and just assume others need to listen to their opinion because they want the attention or think that they are above everyone else in their critique. These people CAN be helpful but they can just as easily criticize dumb things that are to be expected without a rationale for why. An example would be those AVNs with incest and they criticize the interplay of it and how it is rationalized. If it includes incest as a tag you cannot try to be logical anymore than you can try to apply Physics to a Marvel Movie as you know the genre going in and cannot judge it like a period piece.

There are a very small handful of people who will try to give honest reviews and within the framework of tags, style, settings established. But digging through untold numbers of the above to find the 4 reviews that fit this are not worth the time. Best thing you can do is play it some and see if you like it. Second to that is read intro description and tags and peruse the preview pics. I found the impression I get from those actions is 90% accurate to determine if I will enjoy something here. And again I have been here a loooong time.

PEACE
Number 3 is my favorite, because there's a group for them who just think themselves so important! LOL

Reactions: jaw1986baby

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A message from the developer at Patreon:

Paris Poll Results and Annoucement

97% of you wanted to see Paris get sober (outside of the relapse ending), and so did I. So, that's what going to happen! Also (and I should have said this in the last dev update) the next dev update will be on November 8th. Three weeks, instead of two from the last one. Why? Because I think I'll be able to give a release date at that time. No promises, but it will give me a better idea of where we're at with things, and I can probably approximate a little better. Still going to be sometime in the last week of November, I just don't know when at this moment.

Thanks to those who participated in the poll! Cheers!

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I get your point. There are lots of reviews in the categories you mentioned.

However, I can quickly tell if a reviewer is being fair to the game, and just ignore the review and read the next one if not.

If they complain about the development speed, or that the MC is a "beta", or whiny, or that they are irritated by some unavoidable character, or plot point, if they mention NTR, but it isn't in the tags or game description, usually they have some personal issue unrelated to the game, like disliking lesbians in games, or wanting every LI to be a virgin before meeting the MC (including mothers, ha), so, I know it's not worth reading or paying attention to those reviews.

But if multiple reviewers talks about bad dialog (other than grammar or translation mistakes, which I can live with), too fast story progression that is unearned in the game, major changes in game plot focus later in development, complaints that the game is repetitive or nothing ever happens in the story, or especially anything mentioning the game being an annoying sandbox or being grindy, I know I probably won't like it. A few specific fetishes, I also dislike and personally avoid if it is a major theme of the game, though a game shouldn't get a poor review because of it. Believe it or not, some people are actually into feet.

So for me, with so many games I've never heard about coming out or updated each week, I heavily rely on the reviews to see if its worth playing. I would say, about 1/3rd of reviews are useful to me, and if I skim the first 5 or 6 reviews, I can tell with good accuracy if the game is something I would enjoy.

That is why I started to play One Day at a Time. I saw all the positive reviews. And despite it seeming like a bit of a downer before trying it (I was wrong, it isn't), after a few months of seeing it pop up on the new updates page, with high marks I eventually tried it, and I am certainly glad I did. I was honestly blown away the first time I played it.

There are certainly some misses, where a game has lots of 5 star reviews (My Real Desire, or Radiant, cough, cough), which are highly overrated in my opinion, and a few that don't get many good reviews that I find quite good, like Element-174, In for a Penny, or UFO, which while having some flaws such as poor proofreading or middling renders, and most often a little unpolished, I find fun and enjoyable to play, despite the poor reviews.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Another really bad thing is blueballing. IE WAY too slow progress. I personally don't like slow burn, but some are more like GLACIAL burn (AWAM, JOHN.) I don't get why some devs think you should have to play like 3 hours of real time before you get to see a left tit and like 20+ hours before there's an actual sex scene (NOT just handjob/blowjob/titjob/etc.)

• Sad
Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
The pace of a story is always a contention point.

For some it's going too fast, being too easy, unrealistic, while others looking at the same game say that they don't have 3 years to wait and so on...

There isn't a single recipe. I wish it existed, but, it doesn't.

Also, the sex scenes are NOT what determines if it goes fast or slow. I know that many here (in the forum not the thread) rate the games by the sex scenes. It is a poor criteria. I get it. I do. But if you are playing a story novel, there are (or should be) other points of interest besides the sex scenes.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
The pace of a story is always a contention point.

For some it's going too fast, being too easy, unrealistic, while others looking at the same game say that they don't have 3 years to wait and so on...

There isn't a single recipe. I wish it existed, but, it doesn't.

Also, the sex scenes are NOT what determines if it goes fast or slow. I know that many here (in the forum not the thread) rate the games by the sex scenes. It is a poor criteria. I get it. I do. But if you are playing a story novel, there are (or should be) other points of interest besides the sex scenes.

Remember, it's not just a story novel, it's an ADULT story novel, so the sex scenes are of utmost importance, at least for a healthy male. If there aren't sex scenes, it's crap.

isekaitree

Sep 28, 2022
The game is just bad lets face it you guys can circle jerk the dev all you want but the truth of the matter is that compared to games like Chasing Sunsets, Leap of Faith or Artemis this game just fall flat, I always find it funny when people white knight developers instead of trying to get them to improve and make better games lets be honest this game is pretty bad stop the delusional circle jerking it wont help the devs improve, sorry to say this but facts don't care about your feelings.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
The game is just bad lets face it you guys can circle jerk the dev all you want but the truth of the matter is that compared to games like Chasing Sunsets, Leap of Faith or Artemis this game just fall flat, I always find it funny when people white knight developers instead of trying to get them to improve and make better games lets be honest this game is pretty bad stop the delusional circle jerking it wont help the devs improve, sorry to say this but facts don't care about your feelings.
What you call white knight, is actually people that were touched by a story to which they can connect. Either for similarity to personal experiences, like me, or for any other reason that really doesn't matter, because it is eminently personal.

Your opinion is completely absurd. There are no objective reasons. None. All you have are subjective ones based on your personal taste and choices. While valid TO YOU, it doesn't make it a Universal claim.

You always find it funny that people like things you don't. It is quite hard to face the truth that YOUR taste isn't the only taste. That your view of things isn't the ONLY view of things. I wonder why.

Are you under the delusion that only you should decide what is good and what isn't? If so, that needs treatment.

Also, simply because you rate other games higher, doesn't mean that no other games shouldn't be made and enjoyed.

Believe me, you don't want to know what I think of you based on what you wrote.

Peace :(

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
It's been discussed in the thread and on my patron and it is also totally avoidable. Even if you qualify for I'm giving you an out.
I've done all I can to avoid it. It isn't an outcome that I would enjoy or accept after all.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I've done all I can to avoid it.
I have a relapse save and I hate it. But I'm glad to have the opportunity to do it. It's still a way for me to learn about addiction. I've played ODaaT many times but the relapse path I continue only once after a new update. I'm sure I'll play that path again sometimes but at the moment I can't and I won't. I think it'll be easier for me once the game is finished and I know all the good endings. That's silly, I know. But that's the way I am at this moment of my life.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I have a relapse save and I hate it. But I'm glad to have the opportunity to do it. It's still a way for me to learn about addiction. I've played ODaaT many times but the relapse path I continue only once after a new update. I'm sure I'll play that path again sometimes but at the moment I can't and I won't. I think it'll be easier for me once the game is finished and I know all the good endings. That's silly, I know. But that's the way I am at this moment of my life.
You are braver than me. I gotta be honest, I never even felt tempted to try it. All I felt was visceral repulse. Sorry, it isn't a comment on your game Zoey, no, it is a reaction to what I saw my brother go through, too many times. How dejected and defeated he felt with himself. How much he was hurting for not being able to resist. His tears of shame and his attempts to suicide until his mind broke and ... there was no more my sweet little brother that loved to paint and juggling.

So, sorry, no Relapse scenes for me. I want a different ending, that one I already lived through.

Peace :(

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
It's been discussed in the thread and on my patron and it is also totally avoidable. Even if you qualify for I'm giving you an out.
Good. Don't want to see the MC, Lydia and maybe some other girls go down that dark path. I've seen in the paper about ex-clients where I worked how that goes. Death or long prison terms.

• Sad
Reactions: FatGiant
4.50 star(s) 130 Votes