Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Good. Don't want to see the MC, Lydia and maybe some other girls go down that dark path. I've seen in the paper about ex-clients where I worked how that goes. Death or long prison terms.
I've also stated all the girls are safe and will be sober at the end of the game. The only girl who will be available on the relapse path is Paris. But, she''ll get sober if you don't go down that path. Now, that's all you get! You'll have to play to the end to see the rest! :) You know, and I'm not accusing you. But this place is also one of the only places I've been where people want the ending spoiled. Usually if someone was going to see a movie and you told them the ending they would be pissed. Not on F 95! LOL

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I've also stated all the girls are safe and will be sober at the end of the game. The only girl who will be available on the relapse path is Paris. But, she''ll get sober if you don't go down that path. Now, that's all you get! You'll have to play to the end to see the rest! :) You know, and I'm not accusing you. But this place is also one of the only places I've been where people want the ending spoiled. Usually if someone was going to see a movie and you told them the ending they would be pissed. Not on F 95! LOL
I think there's some truth to that statement, BUT, with a caveat. It isn't that we want the end spoiled, we just want to be sure that we get an ending that doesn't kill our years long expectations. Or something along those likes.

This isn't a matter of lack of trust in you as the story teller, it is a fear born out of the severe mistreatment that some Devs inflict upon F95. For some reason they want revenge, I wonder why, for how they felt treated by the community here, they make promises and then turn it around in a few last updates. Or, at least it is the fear that is subjacent to the posts of all those that toxically abuse Devs left and right.

All this to say, no, we don't want the ends spoiled. Some very insecure people need special reassurances that the Dev will not retaliate on them for the abuse they made him suffer. That's all.

Peace :D

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
I can see a relapse ending with Paris with how she is so far. I thought at the end the MC was going to be sober regardless though?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I think there's some truth to that statement, BUT, with a caveat. It isn't that we want the end spoiled, we just want to be sure that we get an ending that doesn't kill our years long expectations. Or something along those likes.

This isn't a matter of lack of trust in you as the story teller, it is a fear born out of the severe mistreatment that some Devs inflict upon F95. For some reason they want revenge, I wonder why, for how they felt treated by the community here, they make promises and then turn it around in a few last updates. Or, at least it is the fear that is subjacent to the posts of all those that toxically abuse Devs left and right.

All this to say, no, we don't want the ends spoiled. Some very insecure people need special reassurances that the Dev will not retaliate on them for the abuse they made him suffer. That's all.

I'm not going to pull any of that "Well you played the whole game now, so you have to choose between Sam and Lydia in a burning house, and you can only choose one!" Why, because you already played that game, so kiss may ass! LOL But, then you'll forgive me and I'll go on to make another one that rakes in enough money I could retire off of it. Not going to name names, but y'all know what I'm talking about, and if you don't, go play Acting Lessons right now! That's his better game IMHO. Many will disagree with me, but that's how I feel and it's not going to change.

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I'm not going to pull any of that "Well you played the whole game now, so you have to choose between Sam and Lydia in a burning house, and you can only choose one!" Why, because you already played that game, so kiss may ass! LOL But, then you'll forgive me and I'll go on to make another one that racks in enough money I could retire off of it. Not going to name names, but y'all know what I'm talking about, and if you don't, go play Acting Lessons right now! That's his better game IMHO. Many will disagree with me, but that's how I feel and it's not going to change.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
That's what I think is so hilarious about it though. He did that. People got REALLY MAD, then proceeded to throw money at him! Besides, my story is every bit as raw as AL without having to pull tricks. He might have started off with a better understanding of images, but TBH I'm not a fan of the images in that game either. I think they are over lit. But, because of the way they are, they're the standard for every other game that's made. You wanna see some REALLY good images, check out Hellcat Lounge. Wilson Wonka is amazingly good and a nice guy. I've not played the game, so I can't speak to the story, but I can speak to the quality of the images.

However, he takes 2 hours per render and another 30 min post working them. I'd never put anything out doing that, but somehow he manages.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
That's what I think is so hilarious about it though. He did that. People go REALLY MAD, than proceeded to throw money at him! Besides, my story is every bit as raw as AL without having to pull tricks. He might have started off with a better understanding of images, but TBH I'm not a fan of the images in that game either. I think they are over lit. But, because of the way they are, they're the standard for every other game that's made. You wanna see some REALLY good images, check out Hellcat Lounge. Wilson Wonka is amazingly good and a nice guy. I've not played the game, so I can't speak to the story, but I can speak to the quality of the images.

However, he takes 2 hours per render and another 30 min post working them. I'd never put anything out doing that, but somehow he manages.
Oh, I've played it... You are correct. I also love any of the Ocean Labs games, and, the absolute magnificence that is LeFrench's Red Lucy. The peach fuzz on the girls backs puts me agog.

If I would recommend a game with good visuals, but not over the top, https://f95zone.to/threads/isabella-dark-paths-ch-4-1-badtimetales.99680/ not to even mention the story, that we aren't even discussing right now.

Look, I'm going to be honest here, no intention to hurt your feelings.

The graphics in your game, have clearly been improving, and will continue to do so. It simply isn't a game that depends on visuals to grab you. Yes, yes, yes, we all know that this is a visual medium, blah, blah, blah......... If that was the game you were trying to make, then yeah, they aren't as good as the best in the site. I simply know that they are YOUR best, that they are WAAAAY more than enough to give support to the story, that they have been improving in all aspects, from lighting to posing to photography. Your sense of angles is now leagues above the beginning. Keep going. Unfortunately you can't change the models, not that they need changing, but, let's just compare Sam to Lydia to Brenda. The assets quality has improved drastically since you started out. Your next project will be much better, not only for what you learned, but for the assets available then.

I don't really look for or expect, over the top quality, I even play many games made in Honey Select 1 and 2, some even made on SIMS, or Skyrim... and other less common engines. My point is, it's NOT the graphics quality for me, it's the story. Your visual aids support and expand the story perfectly. Oh, there's always room for improvement... doesn't mean that it is needed.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
I personally didn't like what I saw in Being a Dik. The Free Roams are way too difficult, even with a walkthrough once you get a couple chapters in, and they aren't skippable. That AL one I wouldn't like - I hate bad endings. A bad ending can ruin a whole game (or book, movie, TV series, etc.)

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Oh, I've played it... You are correct. I also love any of the Ocean Labs games, and, the absolute magnificence that is LeFrench's Red Lucy. The peach fuzz on the girls backs puts me agog.

If I would recommend a game with good visuals, but not over the top, https://f95zone.to/threads/isabella-dark-paths-ch-4-1-badtimetales.99680/ not to even mention the story, that we aren't even discussing right now.

Look, I'm going to be honest here, no intention to hurt your feelings.

The graphics in your game, have clearly been improving, and will continue to do so. It simply isn't a game that depends on visuals to grab you. Yes, yes, yes, we all know that this is a visual medium, blah, blah, blah......... If that was the game you were trying to make, then yeah, they aren't as good as the best in the site. I simply know that they are YOUR best, that they are WAAAAY more than enough to give support to the story, that they have been improving in all aspects, from lighting to posing to photography. Your sense of angles is now leagues above the beginning. Keep going. Unfortunately you can't change the models, not that they need changing, but, let's just compare Sam to Lydia to Brenda. The assets quality has improved drastically since you started out. Your next project will be much better, not only for what you learned, but for the assets available then.

I don't really look for or expect, over the top quality, I even play many games made in Honey Select 1 and 2, some even made on SIMS, or Skyrim... and other less common engines. My point is, it's NOT the graphics quality for me, it's the story. Your visual aids support and expand the story perfectly. Oh, there's always room for improvement... doesn't mean that it is needed.

Here's the problem, I can do images as good as the best ones on this site.
THIS will be the quality of the images in the next game:
1698108353067.png
But, the way I started doing the images in One Day at a Time was with far fewer iterations and a totally different kind of postwork (I only had a 1070ti when I stared the game). Which I believe fits One Day at a Time. However, even though the next game will still cover heavy subject matter. The above will be the quality of the images, and I'd put this up against any of the people you mentioned any day of the week and twice on Sunday, or the one below. And, yes both models will be in the next game.
1698108531448.png

So, it's not a lack of skill, it's the fact I don't want to make the first part of the game look ridiculous compared to the rest. And as you said, I kinda also have an ace in the hole because I can tell a story (for those who care to read). But, as you say there's always room for improvement, and I'll continue to do so visually and with my writing.

Last edited:

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Sounds like a project for the 10th anniversary remaster of One Day at a Time. :giggle:

Also, next game? ODaaT ending soon already? Isn't there like 5-6 steps left in the program?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Sounds like a project for the 10th anniversary remaster of One Day at a Time. :giggle:

Also, next game? ODaaT ending soon already? Isn't there like 5-6 steps left in the program?
We've still got a ways to go yet, but I've already presented the concept for my next project on my patreon and have the models rigged and ready to go. You'll see me use them in promo renders a lot. I considered doing two updates of one day at a time and then one update of the new game, but then IRL stuff got in the way. I may still do that though when we get to the very end of ODAAT, but as I said we have a ways to go yet. I just want to have the other project started when this one ends.

I don't want people to sit around with no content for half a year, so I've done some work on the other one already in terms of how I want it to go and the models I'm using etc...

By the way for those who didn't catch it, the next game is titled ODAAT: The Production. The overview and link to patron post are below.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Zoey, please, I don't want you to EVEN think I don't like the graphics of this game.

You know as well as I do, that the evolution in GPU's, the advances in Daz, the MUCH better assets, all that makes an absurd difference from what was possible 3 years ago, and now.

YOUR chops aren't the issue. We can easily see that you've improved, seriously improved. I don't mean that you have better toys, you do, but that's NOT what I am saying. The way you pose the models, the light, the angles you choose, go to the beginning of this game and compare to the latest images. Is it just the toys that are better? No, it's your knowledge, your experience. Let me try...

I can see a BRUTAL difference. From the DOF, the lighting, the dynamic posing, the facial expressions, the details on the lamp, on the glass...

This last one is a work of someone a LOT more experienced and way better at the work than the first.

YET

The first one is NOT bad. I wish I could do anything as good as that.

So, don't even for a second think that I am in any way dissing your graphics.

Peace :)

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Graphics are among the best for Ren'py games, and RPGmaker totally sucks horse dick every game using it.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Graphics are among the best for Ren'py games, and RPGmaker totally sucks horse dick every game using it.
The images are not exclusive to those engines. Now, Unity and Unreal 4 those images are rendered in the engine. However anything in RPG or Renpy are rendered in Daz or Blender 99.9% of the time. I would agree with you though that the RPG games tend to have lack luster visuals. Although there are some exceptions. Wicked Rouge and Treasure of Nadia have good images IMO.

But, again images are very subjective. I used to think anything HS was crap til I started doing the walkthrough for Pale Carnations, and that changed my mind really quickly. Those guys do top notch work and TD is the best writer on this site. Granted I'm not huge on the subject matter (like many aren't on my game), but he's an outstanding author and I wouldn't give that title to many on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlapE and FatGiant

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
OneDayataTime-Ch.11c_4Dl6sj8APA.png

Oh really now Audrey...

giphy (3).gif

I jest, I just thought it was funny that she said this very soon after getting completely naked at the pool party/BBQ. :p

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MV_1999

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
View attachment 3037102

Oh really now Audrey...

View attachment 3037103

I jest, I just thought it was funny that she said this very soon after getting completely naked at the pool party/BBQ. :p
I'll reword that in the script, probably wrote it at midnight. However, you were the only man at the cookout! So she's not wrong!

1698421030728.png
There fixed, and the reason I've not gotten a comment on it until now is because no one does the love path hardly. LOL But, thanks for the catch, these are WIP's!

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A preview for the next game by the developer at Patreon:

Bonus Render for all Patrons!

Just wanted to do something other than the game last night after I got finished. So, I put this in the render queue! Olivia hopes you like it, she'll be in the next game for those who don't know.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I'll reword that in the script, probably wrote it at midnight. However, you were the only man at the cookout! So she's not wrong!

View attachment 3038091
There fixed, and the reason I've not gotten a comment on it until now is because no one does the love path hardly. LOL But, thanks for the catch, these are WIP's!
What?

Is there even any other path? F that.

Honestly I'm

I just can't even.gif

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes