balboa2151

Jun 10, 2023
hey everyone...I just finished watching a movie on Amazon..A good person..it's about a woman who was in a car accident and got hooked on oxy and she attended a drug program...the first thing that I thought of was this awesome game how it reminded me of people that struggle with drugs...I can't wait for the next update!!! aright everyone I just wanted to share this...take care

Reactions: Ancandune

jettyblues

May 29, 2020
I do love this game, but... I'm starting to find the characters constantly interrupting and finishing each others sentences a mite jarring...

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I do love this game, but... I'm starting to find the characters constantly interrupting and finishing each others sentences a mite jarring...
Most of the characters have known each other for years and are so familiar with each other that finishing each others sentences is just a natural occurrence.

It is what it is, and probably won't change. Some find it endearing. Evidently not everybody, though. ;)

Reactions: jettyblues

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Most of the characters have known each other for years and are so familiar with each other that finishing each others sentences is just a natural occurrence.

It is what it is, and probably won't change. Some find it endearing. Evidently not everybody, though. ;)
I personally wasn't bothered by that, the only nitpick I have is how often emphasis is used in the dialogue. I personally don't know anyone who emphasizes words that often when speaking, and when I'm reading, naturally my mind automatically wants to put emphasis on the words in italics. Since it occurs a lot, I find it a bit tedious to constantly have to emphasis the words in my head. Other than that though, I've enjoyed the writing and dialogue a lot, and love the cast of characters.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Walter Victor is right. It's part of their bond.

I personally wasn't bothered by that, the only nitpick I have is how often emphasis is used in the dialogue. I personally don't know anyone who emphasizes words that often when speaking, and when I'm reading, naturally my mind automatically wants to put emphasis on the words in italics. Since it occurs a lot, I find it a bit tedious to constantly have to emphasis the words in my head. Other than that though, I've enjoyed the writing and dialogue a lot, and love the cast of characters.
I think of the emphasis more as rhythm of speech or accenting a word slightly in most cases. So, that's how it feels to me when I write it. Maybe if you keep that in mind it won't bother you as much. Idk to each their own with that. Purely subjective, and a new one in the complaint department. I'll give you props on that! :)

99% is people bitching about the 2-3 movie quotes per updated. Or praising me for how much they love them. Lol

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I can only speak for my own experience.

I know my wife since the day she was born. We were raised together, not much different than what brother and sister would be. We were then separated for 20 years. The day we met again, we started dating, one month later were living together, we are together for 30+ years. We finish each other sentences, thoughts, jokes, you name it...

I really don't find anything special in that, it is a natural consequence of sharing a deep bond and most of the same experiences.

If anything, I am sorry for you for not having such an experience in your life.

Peace :)

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I can only speak for my own experience.

I know my wife since the day she was born. We were raised together, not much different than what brother and sister would be. We were then separated for 20 years. The day we met again, we started dating, one month later were living together, we are together for 30+ years. We finish each other sentences, thoughts, jokes, you name it...

I really don't find anything special in that, it is a natural consequence of sharing a deep bond and most of the same experiences.

If anything, I am sorry for you for not having such an experience in your life.

Peace :)
My friends and I, and people I've dated and dare I say my ex-wife. We sort of had our own "language" so to speak. It's different with each one of them, but there are silly things we can say that the other person will only get.

Now that would be a stretch to put in a game, I wouldn't try that. But, just to further your point it exists even past finishing each other's sentences.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
While i have no real opinion about the characters finishing each others thoughts/sentences, it doesn't bother me nor does it make it any more fun for me, you do have to keep in mind that to most it's not that common and some people who are viewing it from outside might find it annoying.
But the developer doesn't view it from outside; it is how he views his characters in the universe of his game. It is what it is and we either accept it or not.

To me it is just another part of the charm of this game. Others' views may differ. :)

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Asking here for anonymity. I see in my itch library that there is a season 2 Chapter 16. However the upload date is listed as sometime in August 2023. Is it a typo or is it the recent release?

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A word from the developer at Patreon:

Quick Announcement

My Dad and I are heading out of town tomorrow until around the 20th (give or take, not sure how long we are going to stay yet) to visit some family for Christmas.

Dad has been through a hell of a lot with this divorce and is still hurting. He asked if I would take him and I agreed (he was even cool enough to wait until this dev cycle was over). It's the least I can do. Not only because I love him and want to do something to help cheer him up. But also, because he's made it so we can keep the house. Which means I don't have to go look for a job to help him make landlords rich (rent in America is ridiculous right now due to inflation). As a result I'll be able to continue working on One Day at a Time full time!

I'm going to take my laptop so if any issues come up or I need to update any mods I can do that. I've also completed the Christmas render that I think you guys will really like. It's a collaboration with another developer. And, I'll be posting that on the 20th for sure.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to do was let you guys know. Development will start for Ch. 17 when I get back (I'll make another post when I am). Also, general release will happen tomorrow or if I stay up after midnight tonight, I might post it then.

As always hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

balboa2151

Jun 10, 2023
hey everyone...I have a membership with Zoey on patreon...I'm fortunate to be playing 16c...I just wanted to say God Damn Samantha is freakin gorgeous...I think she is my favorite...I'd kick everyone to the curb to just have her lol

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
hey everyone...I have a membership with Zoey on patreon...I'm fortunate to be playing 16c...I just wanted to say God Damn Samantha is freakin gorgeous...I think she is my favorite...I'd kick everyone to the curb to just have her lol
Just in case you didn't see this further back in the thread. :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bachamp

Jul 4, 2017
I been nothing but a asshole to Lydia and farming as many -points as possible, and this doesn't seem to affect anything in the story, nothing substaintial at least :BootyTime:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I been nothing but a asshole to Lydia and farming as many -points as possible, and this doesn't seem to affect anything in the story, nothing substaintial at least :BootyTime:
Lydia's points will only affect her ending. How could I possibly take her out of the story before then? Or even make it so you don't have sex. Lydia is the only girl you're pretty much guaranteed sex with. Although you can fail to get that a few times based on how you treated her on dates.

So no, it's not going to affect the story significantly. As I've explained in the thread. This is an ensemble cast and the game wouldn't work if I just took girls out of the equation. However, other than a few on the house scenes with girls other than Lydia (very early in the game). You can not get points with them and you will not have sex with them. I've proven this through code and screenshots.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 130 Votes