Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I gonna Need a small help related with save files, after the release of ch.12. I hope i will get it then
What help are you going to need? If it's about android Ch. 12 we will give you a way with android to transfer the save file. If not the instructions are in the OP for all other versions.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I asked this question before, but I'm going to ask it again.

We got another "I don't like to read" review. (it was more thoughtful than that, but that's basically what they were saying).

Do you think I should put in the OP like Lockheart does, that this is a Story First game, but with plenty of sex?

I'm not sure what to do about this, it might draw less people like the reviewer, but then again it might have some people skip the game that may end up liking it.
I think the description etc. in OP is fine. Will people who don't like to read actually read the warning? More nuanced people will try the game anyway to see if it is to their liking.

Personally, I hesitated because of my prejudiced views on junkies in general. But I tried it anyway and am really glad I did. Not only did it get rid of most of my prejudices, I especially like how all the characters are written with showing both their good and bad sides and the complexities of life.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I asked this question before, but I'm going to ask it again.

We got another "I don't like to read" review. (it was more thoughtful than that, but that's basically what they were saying).

Do you think I should put in the OP like Lockheart does, that this is a Story First game, but with plenty of sex?

I'm not sure what to do about this, it might draw less people like the reviewer, but then again it might have some people skip the game that may end up liking it.
If you do something like that, I would put it in the Developer Notes.

You might also add that this is a game about redemption and not about falling further into dependency, since it seems there are a few people who would have liked a 'junkie' ending instead of those that you are planning.

EDIT: That might also relieve the concerns of those like the above poster.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
By the way, I just want all of you who post in here regularly to know, I appreciate you putting up with my growing pains and insecurities as a developer. You guys always answer my questions when I ask for your feedback.

This project is very personal to me as you all know, and it gets more so the longer I continue to do it and the closer I become with the characters and just everything in general.

Last edited:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
By the way, I just want all of you who post in here regularly to know, I appreciate you putting up with my growing pains and insecurities as a developer. You guys always answer my questions when I ask for your feedback.

This project is very personal to me as you all know, and it gets more so the longer I continue to do it and the closer I become with the characters and just everything in general.
Dude it stands out from many of the other VNs I have and there was an early post where I was worried (unwarranted) that girls I like (Audrey) would be corrupted without a choice (short-sighted on my part). But you had already made me like Audrey enough to care about that. And I like the story and the "personal" element bleeds through, 100%, and it connects (me at least) to the story, gets me invested in the characters. I have no personal experience with addiction and very limited exposure from my peer group so to feel the authenticity without the knowledge myself strikes me as a tremendous feat.

And also there is sex...with Audrey
and also Audrey

And Audrey now has red hair

so yeah ummmm Audrey.

PEACE

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Dude it stands out from many of the other VNs I have and there was an early post where I was worried (unwarranted) that girls I like (Audrey) would be corrupted without a choice (short-sighted on my part). But you had already made me like Audrey enough to care about that. And I like the story and the "personal" element bleeds through, 100%, and it connects (me at least) to the story, gets me invested in the characters. I have no personal experience with addiction and very limited exposure from my peer group so to feel the authenticity without the knowledge myself strikes me as a tremendous feat.

And also there is sex...with Audrey
and also Audrey

And Audrey now has red hair

so yeah ummmm Audrey.

PEACE
That's the thing I don't get when some people review it and they are like. Too much text the story doesn't go anywhere. REALLY, cause I can name hundreds of things that happen in the game, and there are plenty of twists each update. I also normally set you up for future events.

I would love for someone to adequately explain that to me. Is it like they want action movie dialogue? Idk. This is a book/play with images and animations, about adults living real life shit.

Sorry I'm not asking you to explain because you enjoy it. It's just no one has ever been able to accurately articulate to me, why there's too much text and nothing happens in the game. My answer back to that is what doesn't happen in this game.

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
That's the thing I don't get when some people review it and they are like. Too much text the story doesn't go anywhere. REALLY, cause I can name hundreds of things that happen in the game, and there are plenty of twists each update. I also normally set you up for future events.

I would love for someone to adequately explain that to me. Is it like they want action movie dialogue? Idk. This is a book/play with images and animations, about adults living real life shit.

Sorry I'm not asking you to explain because you enjoy it. It's just no one has ever been able to accurately articulate to me, why there's too much text and nothing happens in the game. My answer back to that is what doesn't happen in this game.
It's been a while but isn't the very first scene in this game a sex scene with Lydia? I get that it's a story first game, but that's never really came at the expense of the sex. Every update has plenty of lewd content and the story rich parts don't really seem to be much longer, if at all longer than any number of other narrative based VNs on this site.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
It's been a while but isn't the very first scene in this game a sex scene with Lydia? I get that it's a story first game, but that's never really came at the expense of the sex. Every update has plenty of lewd content and the story rich parts don't really seem to be much longer, if at all longer than any number of other narrative based VNs on this site.
I guess some peeps just don't see it the way we do and I'm going to have to accept that. I'm fine with people not liking it, nothing is going to be liked by everyone. I just feel they fall short on explaining why a lot of the time.

I mean I'm not going to change how I write. But maybe if they would articulate it a little better something constructive could come from it. Idk.

• Sad
Reactions: jaw1986baby

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
I guess some peeps just don't see it the way we do and I'm going to have to accept that. I'm fine with people not liking it, nothing is going to be liked by everyone. I just feel they fall short on explaining why a lot of the time.

I mean I'm not going to change how I write. But maybe if they would articulate it a little better something constructive could come from it. Idk.
As you said before people will always complain about something, I personally think story is quite entertaining and the ratio between sex and story is not bad. So keep the good work man.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
What are the effects of having "rel" points ??

Lot of dialogues here. It gives the feeling of a text based game!!!

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021

I don't know what they actually want. My impression is that some people seem to want there to be a lot of antagonists that the MC must fight against They don't see that the main antagonist in this game is the drugs. And fighting the inner demons to get rid of the drugs is not as exciting as saving damsels in distress (although there are scenes like that as well).

To me your approach is refreshing though. Your characters are inherently human and believable. It really stands out among AVN:s how real their struggles feel and how vulnerable people can be.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
What are the effects of having "rel" points ??

Lot of dialogues here. It gives the feeling of a text based game!!!
That's kinda the whole point of what we've been talking about in the thread. It's a story first game. I'd argue it still has as much sex as most games if not more.

Rel points are explaned in the PDF walkthrough. Please look there for an explanation of any point type.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I don't know what they actually want. My impression is that some people seem to want there to be a lot of antagonists that the MC must fight against They don't see that the main antagonist in this game is the drugs. And fighting the inner demons to get rid of the drugs is not as exciting as saving damsels in distress (although there are scenes like that as well).

To me your approach is refreshing though. Your characters are inherently human and believable. It really stands out among AVN:s how real their struggles feel and how vulnerable people can be.
Yeah, it does seem like the Sci-Fi/Fantasy or "Safe" games do the best, and by safe I mean the average pop story you would come to get. Don't get me wrong some of the best ones are well written, but they are written to appeal to the masses. I obviously have no interest in that.

I'm a here it is, if you like it that's great type author. If not, plenty of other stuff. Because I'm just not going to bend my vision to anyone's will or bidding. I have people that PM me and fetish beg for this that and the other.

Edit: Forgot to mention fetish games do really well too if they are done with half way decent quality.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 131 Votes