Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Once again I want to thank BadMustard for helping us and doing the programming. I'd hug you, buuuuuut... dude. No.

Jokes aside. Thank you so much.

Okay.

Badmustard has done quite a bit of work already and has programmed the game to where I am with the images. He has also added the Replays and Gallery to the game ( more on that a bit later).

He has made some changes to the code that might, and I say might break old saves. This is actually more of my own fault. The way I organized things previously was not the best form. I apologize for that but I am new at game development so cut me a bit of a break. I am learning as I go. I want to reiterate that we aren't sure whether or not saves will be broken. We'll do more testing and when everything is done we will notify everyone whether they have to replay the game or not. Don't panic and keep on trucking.

Now, my part. That side is going slow and, after some chit chat, I have decided to bring back Alex's "sister" Zoey. Originally I added her to give Alex some backstory so people would get to know her at least a bit. I removed that part later because, honestly, there seems to be very little interest in her and even some animosity towards her. But she is a good person and I like her personally and because BadMustard told me to (LOL). I think she deserves more love.

On the subject of love.

Since I am trying to flesh out a bit more for Alex I decided to bring back the idea of her being a part of the throuple or maybe even a quad (hmmm). This part can get a bit tricky. Basically. She likes Julie (no shit Sherlock, she tried to suck her tongue out) and she is also warming up to MC.

So if you are with Julie there will be a chance that Alex might join the two of you.

The other throuple is Julie and Anh.

And there might be a possibility of being with Julie, Anh and Alex all together.

How these relationships can come together I will not spoil, you'll have to find out by playing.

Jane is off limits, sadly. Mostly because of the technical difficulties I had with her model and by the time I overcame those difficulties it is too late to change her story. Sorry Jane lovers.

All of this, of course, will extend the game further. And I think I will start, from Chapter 3, giving more details about characters and have them do a bit more than just interactions among their little group. That was actually one of the complaints I hear from players, that not enough revealed about personalities.

Gallery and Replay library:

This I will do after I am done with the renders for this chapter and, for obvious reasons, I think, they both will start with Chapter 2. I will make an effort to bring them both all the way back to Prologue. Replays will be a bit hard to decide on because sex scenes I do are a little drawn out so I am not really sure at which point to start replays. We'll see.

To date I have made about 470 images. I still have one sex scene (going to be around 100+ images) and three smaller scenes to do. Sex scenes are really hard (no pun intended) to do, a lot of minute adjustments and proper lighting and such. Arghhhhh. It's very hard on my eyes so I have to take breaks every couple of hours to give my eyes some rest. And, preferably stare at something dark or just close my eyes for 20 minutes.

I am working as fast as I can because I want to put something out to you guys. You've waited for far too long.

I think that's it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Gingers are love, gingers are life. But donkeys are magical.

-Volle.

P.S. I have tested a bit and so far my saves are working fine. No guarantees, but fingers are crossed.

And a note from BadMustard:
If you have played my game, you have seen the Image and Replay galleries there, If you haven't played my game :cry:
I have also brought back the text box background, which can be turned off in the preferences screen or in game while playing by pressing shift+B to toggle it.

Last edited:

Vollezar

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
so is harem in plan?
Maybe. I am still debating whether or not I want to do the harem with Julie, Anh and Alex. It will depend on me being able to come up with something that makes sense for them all to want to be in a relationship with MC at the same time and be fine with it. I can bring them all together situationally easy enough. But would they agree to share him between all three of them? That's the thing that I'll have to make sure makes sense.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Shit, I hate to admit it but I do not remember anyone other than Ahn and Julie, who was Sadie and Zoey.

I am glad you are back and working on the game mate, glad things, for now, have worked out for you.

I can't believe I am saying it, but I am fine with no harem.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Shit, I hate to admit it but I do not remember anyone other than Ahn and Julie, who was Sadie and Zoey.

I am glad you are back and working on the game mate, glad things, for now, have worked out for you.

Same. I only want the best friend Julie. The rest are just no for me.

Vollezar

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020

Alex is Julie's roomie. Zoey is coming soon. She is Alex's sister.

Reactions: Havik79

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Love the different possibilities being considered, harem, poly-relationship, throuple, quad etc., though I am curious what are the plans for Zoey exactly? Is she essentially going to be like Jane and be off limits while providing banter and the opportunity for Alex's backstory/past relationships, etc., or will she also be a love interest possibility?

As for the harem/poly-relationship combinations, right now, I'm not sure if Julie or Ahn would be willing to share the MC. I mean, maaaayybe Julie might be desperate enough to at least try it out if it means technically she's the MC's girlfriend, but other than that impromptu makeout session with Alex, she's really only shown interest in the MC. Additionally, without that insight into Alex's backstory, it remains to be seen if she is willing to only be with the MC if it means she can also be with the true object of her desire/affection...Julie. Though if it was possible for her to put her own feelings for Julie aside out of respect for Julie's desire to be with the MC, and at the same time find herself in a somewhat realistic slow burn, developing feelings for the MC after getting to know him, then I could actually see her be a part of a poly-relationship rather than just a part of a random, no-strings attached threesome hookup with the MC and Julie.

As for Ahn, I'm curious enough to see if she would be not only willing to share the MC, but how she feels about girls in general and whether she would be willing to have both a boyfriend and girlfriend considering her own, strict, conservative background. In any case, I look forward to seeing how these new potential storylines develop and can't wait for those updates!

Reactions: Vollezar

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Jane is off limits, sadly. Mostly because of the technical difficulties I had with her model and by the time I overcame those difficulties it is too late to change her story. Sorry Jane lovers.
You mean, she's off limits for now, right? ;)

After you've been working with modeling and game dev for a while, your skill level might rise to a point where it might be worth revisiting her part of the story.

Once Julie's relationship has been properly established, that is (as part of a throuple/harem/whatever), I suggest revisiting the topic of Jane. It could be that you'd have to wait until MC+Julie is back from school (either on a long-term vacation between semesters, or after completing the first year), or some other natural point in the story, but I wouldn't dismiss her completely.

I'm just saying, she'll play just a minor role in the story right now, but who knows what the future might bring.

Reactions: Vollezar

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
He has made some changes to the code that might, and I say might break old saves....
If it is going to happen, better to have it happen now than after another 4-5 releases.
Either way; glad to see things are working out!

I had the same exact thought. A Julie/Ahn combo might just be enough to keep even my greedy self happy.

Vollezar

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Love the different possibilities being considered, harem, poly-relationship, throuple, quad etc., though I am curious what are the plans for Zoey exactly? Is she essentially going to be like Jane and be off limits while providing banter and the opportunity for Alex's backstory/past relationships, etc., or will she also be a love interest possibility?

As for the harem/poly-relationship combinations, right now, I'm not sure if Julie or Ahn would be willing to share the MC. I mean, maaaayybe Julie might be desperate enough to at least try it out if it means technically she's the MC's girlfriend, but other than that impromptu makeout session with Alex, she's really only shown interest in the MC. Additionally, without that insight into Alex's backstory, it remains to be seen if she is willing to only be with the MC if it means she can also be with the true object of her desire/affection...Julie. Though if it was possible for her to put her own feelings for Julie aside out of respect for Julie's desire to be with the MC, and at the same time find herself in a somewhat realistic slow burn, developing feelings for the MC after getting to know him, then I could actually see her be a part of a poly-relationship rather than just a part of a random, no-strings attached threesome hookup with the MC and Julie.

As for Ahn, I'm curious enough to see if she would be not only willing to share the MC, but how she feels about girls in general and whether she would be willing to have both a boyfriend and girlfriend considering her own, strict, conservative background. In any case, I look forward to seeing how these new potential storylines develop and can't wait for those updates!
Zoey is here to help with Alex's story.
I am not going to be adding anymore LIs. 2 main ones (Julie and Anh) plus a possible relationship with Alex or Jane is what I wanted to do in the beginning. I have considered adding others in the past but my main concentration was always what happens to Julie and MC. Anh was either going to become a GF or just a friend to MC and eventually both of them.
The original story has been condensed. Because I didn't want to end up doing a very long game as our first game and then end up not finishing it. Specially after our first near shut down I got scared that we'll never finish it if I try to make a long game.
When we finish this part of the story and people like it so far I want to do a much larger story for them that will not be nearly as fast progressing as this game and flesh them out a whole lot more.
Think of this game as a "child's formative years". They all get together and learn a bit about each other, form friendships and relationships and start to decide where they want to take their lives. And then they actually get to living their lives.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I am not going to be adding anymore LIs. 2 main ones (Julie and Anh) plus a possible relationship with Alex or Jane is what I wanted to do in the beginning. I have considered adding others in the past but my main concentration was always what happens to Julie and MC. Anh was either going to become a GF or just a friend to MC and eventually both of them.
The original story has been condensed. Because I didn't want to end up doing a very long game as our first game and then end up not finishing it. Specially after our first near shut down I got scared that we'll never finish it if I try to make a long game.
When we finish this part of the story and people like it so far I want to do a much larger story for them that will not be nearly as fast progressing as this game and flesh them out a whole lot more.
Think of this game as a "child's formative years". They all get together and learn a bit about each other, form friendships and relationships and start to decide where they want to take their lives. And then they actually get to living their lives.
That's more than fine, and to be honest, I am completely content to play a Julie only path as she was the only one I was interested from the very beginning. Having seen so many examples where the best friend 'loses' and does not end up with the happy ending they wanted, I was always going to choose Julie no matter what. The only difference is whether it would be just her, or if there would be an open-relationship where the MC hooks up with other girls, or if it would be some sort of 'experimental' poly-relationship. Either way, I'm good....so as for Zoey, she's essentially in the same role to Alex as Jane is to Ahn? Basically, no-touchie, but provides quips, and comic relief while providing more info on Alex's backstory?

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
That's more than fine, and to be honest, I am completely content to play a Julie only path as she was the only one I was interested from the very beginning. Having seen so many examples where the best friend 'loses' and does not end up with the happy ending they wanted, I was always going to choose Julie no matter what. The only difference is whether it would be just her, or if there would be an open-relationship where the MC hooks up with other girls, or if it would be some sort of 'experimental' poly-relationship. Either way, I'm good....so as for Zoey, she's essentially in the same role to Alex as Jane is to Ahn? Basically, no-touchie, but provides quips, and comic relief while providing more info on Alex's backstory?
All I want is Julie. I never saw what she did as an actual bad thing. For me it was her just getting tired of how she was being treated. Yes, the MC didn't know, but, how he reacted to it, was just over the top. He should've just told her(Julie) that he needed some time to think and not acted like such a shithead. People make mistrakes. It's not like he and Julie were boyfriend and girlfriend and she cheated on him. Like some games are doing and then expect the player to be ok with it.

Julie made a mistake and yes, the MC got hurt, but, that chick(ex-gf) should've treated Julie better. She didn't which only tells me that she wasn't right for the MC in the first place.

Sep 3, 2020
just don't make the same mistake a lot of developers do filling the game with a lot of girls thinking more girls equal a better game

there are a lot of games that I play where I only like one girl but because there are so many girls I have to wait forever for the girl I like to get a turn

take summer's gone for example

I only care about Bella

but I don't know when the game will focus on her again

and don't forget about A.O.A. Academy I only care about Jenny
I like that One Lie doesn't have a bunch of girls so that you can focus on the story and the girl you love better

3.70 star(s) 28 Votes