3.70 star(s) 28 Votes

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Vollezar

Maybe a bug? Is this supposed to say FC?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: also the next scene with Julie, where MC says did you see her teddy bear? It plays out 2x back to back before moving on.
Yup. A bit of a bug. I am guessing I just didn't format that right. Not sure why that double;e dialogue keeps popping up though. I thought we fixed that. We'll check it again. Thanks.

Reactions: LinusMundane

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
Vollezar

EDIT: also the next scene with Julie, where MC says did you see her teddy bear? It plays out 2x back to back before moving on.
code monkey fixed the FC problem, thank you for that!

I have not been able to duplicate the repeating scene (could you send a save file so I can crawl through the variables and code for it. Please.)

LinusMundane

Jun 30, 2022
code monkey fixed the FC problem, thank you for that!

I have not been able to duplicate the repeating scene (could you send a save file so I can crawl through the variables and code for it. Please.)
Sorry boss, I don't have a save available at the exact spot and my only manual save is at the end and all of my auto saves are as well. It was just like 3 lines of dialogue that repeated 2x at the time. It is also possible I did something wrong, so I cannot discount that possibility as well.

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
Sorry boss, I don't have a save available at the exact spot and my only manual save is at the end and all of my auto saves are as well. It was just like 3 lines of dialogue that repeated 2x at the time. It is also possible I did something wrong, so I cannot discount that possibility as well.
there is also the possibility that you used an old save that was incompatible with the newer version and that caused the error

if you do replay start a new game and try to follow the same options you used before to get to the error

LinusMundane

Jun 30, 2022
there is also the possibility that you used an old save that was incompatible with the newer version and that caused the error

if you do replay start a new game and try to follow the same options you used before to get to the error
this was a fresh star/first time i played, once a new update comes out, I will start a new game and see if it does, ill pay attention and see if its something i do, and if i can, ill try to record it, or at the very least send my save. It wasn't a big deal and it seems like im the only one it happened to, so it is probably on my end.

Sparcs

Oct 9, 2020

I think this is the error you are looking for

It took just a little while to find it but if I'm not mistaken, there are other choices that cause it too

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
Vollezar

I think this is the error you are looking for

It took just a little while to find it but if I'm not mistaken, there are other choices that cause it too
code monkey code crawl mode engaged

I have been trying to replicate this error, but I could not even with the save file from Sparcs UNTIL I downloaded the old version and like magic the error appeared. It was fixed, but we did not push a new update for such a small error, and I forgot all about it (what can I say, I'm old)
So when the next version hits the streets this error will be gone to be replaced but all sorts of new ones :cool: :devilish:

/code monkey code crawl mode fucked off

Vollezar

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Lover tier Patrons have received the beta version of the game.
I'll say a bit about this chapter before the release happens.
You have to start the game from the beginning. Some old saves seem to work but most do not. This is for a couple of reasons. First, we are building this version with a newer edition of Ren'py and there seem to be some issues causing old saves to break. Another reason is that we have changed some variables, which messes with old saves.
I should also add that I am not very happy with this chapter myself. Playing through it multiple times now I realize that I have fucked up. During the last two months, I have had some personal issues that made it hard for me to pay attention to what I am doing. But at the same time, I needed something to do to keep my mind off those troubles. I should have stepped away from the game and found some other outlet but I didn't. As a result, there are some fuck ups. Some renders are of fairly poor quality, and the dialogue is kind of "stiff". I also have done only a few renders for the gallery, instead of about a dozen. I just couldn't think of anything to come up with.
Personal issues or not I should have done a better job. I always prided myself on my work ethic but this is a disgrace. I am sorry.
Right now everything seems to be working. I am mostly just trying to hunt down typos and grammar screw-ups. Should thank OBE for giving me a hand with that. Some of the typos are intentional though. Just a bit of schoolyard humour. Can't help it, sadly.
So release schedule will be as follows:
September 16th - Lover tier, Donor 50+ and Gold role.
September 18th - Friend tier, Donor 50-
September 22nd - Gone tier, itch.io supporters
October 1st - Public

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
October 1st - Public

You have to start the game from the beginning.

Some renders are of fairly poor quality
and the dialogue is kind of "stiff".

only a few renders for the gallery,
instead of about a dozen.

Reactions: Vollezar

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Lover tier Patrons have received the beta version of the game.
I'll say a bit about this chapter before the release happens.
You have to start the game from the beginning. Some old saves seem to work but most do not. This is for a couple of reasons. First, we are building this version with a newer edition of Ren'py and there seem to be some issues causing old saves to break. Another reason is that we have changed some variables, which messes with old saves.
I should also add that I am not very happy with this chapter myself. Playing through it multiple times now I realize that I have fucked up. During the last two months, I have had some personal issues that made it hard for me to pay attention to what I am doing. But at the same time, I needed something to do to keep my mind off those troubles. I should have stepped away from the game and found some other outlet but I didn't. As a result, there are some fuck ups. Some renders are of fairly poor quality, and the dialogue is kind of "stiff". I also have done only a few renders for the gallery, instead of about a dozen. I just couldn't think of anything to come up with.
Personal issues or not I should have done a better job. I always prided myself on my work ethic but this is a disgrace. I am sorry.
Right now everything seems to be working. I am mostly just trying to hunt down typos and grammar screw-ups. Should thank OBE for giving me a hand with that. Some of the typos are intentional though. Just a bit of schoolyard humour. Can't help it, sadly.
So release schedule will be as follows:
September 16th - Lover tier, Donor 50+ and Gold role.
September 18th - Friend tier, Donor 50-
September 22nd - Gone tier, itch.io supporters
October 1st - Public
Its all good. It is very common in these games to have to scrub and redo an entire update sometimes. Maybe on your next pass through you can fix the renders and polish up the dialogue. Just hang in there are remember that tough times don't last but tough people do.

Vollezar

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Its all good. It is very common in these games to have to scrub and redo an entire update sometimes. Maybe on your next pass through you can fix the renders and polish up the dialogue. Just hang in there are remember that tough times don't last but tough people do.
That topic came up a couple of times today. Yes, I will do a complete redo of the game. After we finish the game, that is. aside from content cuts in this version, there have been a lot of visual inconsistencies in the images, due to my inexperience. The remake will have more content and the visuals will be better. Oh yeah, and the looks of the characters' skins will stop changing from time to time.

Sep 3, 2020
Thanks.
Why do you find MC unlikeable?
to be honest I was wondering the same thing the only time I've ever found him unlikable is when he was mean to Julie

but even then I understood why he acted that way and he wasn't really that mean

in fact, as an MC he's actually very nice and he's not a horny idiot

with every girl he meets

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Thanks.
Why do you find MC unlikeable?
If the bond he shared with Julie is as strong as the story tells he wouldn't have just ran away like a child.
I get that's he angry and even that he is hurt but in the end it was a dick move.
He didn't even talk to her aunt and he let two week pass before he left without even thinking about the possibility.
So far he comes across as a manchild.

He also made the cliché mistake of having the girl that loves him already but of course he went and dated Sharon and I bet he didn't even realize how that must have hurt her.

I'm not far into the game, so I won't judge yet and I'm only sharing my mind. But so far the only one that seems like a real person is Julie.
She got treated badly by Sharon and reacted accordingly.

Reactions: Vollezar

Vollezar

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
I figure it's because I haven't yet made it all that clear to everyone why MC reacted that harshly to what Julie has done.
When I started writing the story I didn't think it would be this hard to bring up the subject of why he reacted this way, but it is. I am going to explain it in Chapter 4. MC does mention it a couple of times that it was because accusing him of cheating was the first thing she thought of saying to hurt his ex. That she used him to "get at" someone without hesitation. And that broke his trust.
Trust is something that's a really BIG thing for him.

3.70 star(s) 28 Votes