3.70 star(s) 28 Votes

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
you would not understand

but I love monogamy it makes the relationship feel more romantic and special to me

I don't like treating the woman I love like she's just another name on the list

and I also don't like three ways and open relationships

I don't want to share the woman I love with anyone

even if that person is a another woman

I know every man dreams about being with two women but not me

I know what you're going to say it's just a game

but I can't help it that's just the way I feel I prefer a good love story

It isn't just a game though, at least if you are here for more than the lewdz anyway. It is a story that we are (at least trying to be) invested in. No point in trying to force yourself to invest time in something you don't like (regardless of which fetish it is).

I actually do understand what you mean, at least to an extent. The only issue I have with solo/monogamy style VN's is that the intended LI has to be the *one* that I am 100% interested/invested in. I've had issues finding someone like that even in real life, never mind in a VN where the LI is someone elses ideal.
The solo LI wouldn't stop me from enjoying the story, sometimes it is the opposite in fact, but it does make it harder for me to immerse myself in it.

The throuple/harem styles tend to work better for me just because it gives me that variety of personalities, without trying to find them balanced in a single LI.
I have no real talent for creating things like this, so I can't imagine what it is like to try and create a single LI that the majority are solely interested in. Kind of hard to make an LI that is a cuddly, sensitive, tsundere without making them seem bipolar :)

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Liking it a lot so far. Julie's betrayal hurt MC quite severely, and the story does a great job of conveying that, as well as Julie's guilt and regret.

I think a little more narrative indicating how drunk MC was (definitely enough to lower his inhibitions) would make the Bobbi scene more palatable for some, but I had no issue with it. You got an angry, SINGLE young man who has been kicked from all sides, drinking, and needing a win. Popping off in a hot MILF who's clearly into it is a win in my books.

I don't get the impression that he's sad about his ex-gf, more that he's angry with her, too, because she 1) never told him why she broke up with him, and 2) when he found out from Julie, his gf never gave him a chance to explain. (BTW, I'm not bothering to remember her be because she's a bit of a cunt and I hope she's gone from the game for good).

I'm glad it's clear that his friendliness is forced at college. It makes it the goal of the game to either have him meet someone new that helps him get over all of this (Ahn), or reconcile with Julie and be with her.

I hope that whomever MC chooses as his LI, the option to be at least friends with Julie is there.

Great stuff and I'm looking forward to seeing how this story progresses.

Sep 3, 2020
It isn't just a game though, at least if you are here for more than the lewdz anyway. It is a story that we are (at least trying to be) invested in. No point in trying to force yourself to invest time in something you don't like (regardless of which fetish it is).

I actually do understand what you mean, at least to an extent. The only issue I have with solo/monogamy style VN's is that the intended LI has to be the *one* that I am 100% interested/invested in. I've had issues finding someone like that even in real life, never mind in a VN where the LI is someone elses ideal.
The solo LI wouldn't stop me from enjoying the story, sometimes it is the opposite in fact, but it does make it harder for me to immerse myself in it.

The throuple/harem styles tend to work better for me just because it gives me that variety of personalities, without trying to find them balanced in a single LI.
I have no real talent for creating things like this, so I can't imagine what it is like to try and create a single LI that the majority are solely interested in. Kind of hard to make an LI that is a cuddly, sensitive, tsundere without making them seem bipolar :)
I understand but normally in games like this there is more than one solo ending so if you don't like one girl you can choose another girl

like for example there was a game called Melody
where the main girl was a girl

called you guess it Melody but I didn't like Melody I preferred her aunt so I ignored Melody and went for her aunt instead

but even if this game does not have multiple solo endings I still love this game

and I will take this game over any Harem game

like I said I'm more interested in a beautiful story and hopefully a beautiful love story

not a meaningless fuck Fest Where the MC just fuck every girl insight

if I wanted to see stupid shit like that I could just watch pron

I'm here for a story I'm hungry for a story

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Choosing only one girl and stick with her is a realization even if you get disappointed in the end, it's what makes it worth to play these for me. There's drama when you make the decision, how the other girl reacts, the price you pay for it, but you already decided and you can't turn back. It's sad but rewarding, nothing that is good comes easy. I play these as I would do irl, it's where the fun is for me. On the other side you get: "I love them all! I want all!" toddler like stuff. Just like The Author, The Unbroken, AOA that has harem tag now, even BADIK, and to tell you the truth, ANY other game that doesn't have harem tag, there's an avalanche of those comments not to mention the: "no harem? I'm out". I understand that many people play these to escape reality and enter some sort of fantasy world but that's not my case.

Btw, when it comes to this game, One Lie, so far it's not a hard choice. I simply won't touch any girl and I hope I don't have to deal with Ahn much more. I would love to get a choice to tell her to live her life and leave me alone. I probably chocked some people with this one. So yeah, my main objective is AT LEAST to forgive the girl probably give her a chance. The ex didn't even gave the MC the chance to explain so she is removed from the equation.

Last edited:

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I understand but normally in games like this there is more than one solo ending so if you don't like one girl you can choose another girl

like for example there was a game called Melody
where the main girl was a girl

called you guess it Melody but I didn't like Melody I preferred her aunt so I ignored Melody and went for her aunt instead

but even if this game does not have multiple solo endings I still love this game

and I will take this game over any Harem game

like I said I'm more interested in a beautiful story and hopefully a beautiful love story

not a meaningless fuck Fest Where the MC just fuck every girl insight

if I wanted to see stupid shit like that I could just watch pron

I'm here for a story I'm hungry for a story
I get what you are saying, went through Melody 2 or 3 times....Melody, Aunt, and I think the neighbor....can't remember now but there are also stories it just wouldn't work in. In fact, it would destroy the story.

Look at LoM. It is an absolutely amazing story, but the it can't work without being with Emily. As much as I love her, and I do love her, if I had to choose it would be Katie every time. And it is a choice. You can chose to not be with anyone other than Emily....kind of (the chosen are forced for story purposes, one time unless you want all content). Katie, Chloe, Jenny, etc....all choices, not being with them wouldn't/doesn't impact the story much.

Things like that are also on the creators though. If it is written as a solo choice style, then you could get the full story and it would work. In the case of LoM; it is main LI only, or main LI+....no other option works for the storyline.

For me, that is what makes the difference. I run the them the way the creators intended, what works best for the story. How invested/immersed I get is dependent on the LI(s).

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
It's off to a great start, and it's already pulling on the heartstrings for me, especially with Julie's immense regret, realizing she most likely f'ed up a lifelong friendship with MC. I do hope the "dynamic duo" will eventually get back together, because, as Bobbie the bartender pointed out, as well as the story Carol (Julie's aunt) told Julie about MC, they really do belong together, and hinted at they should ultimately be THE couple.

Side note to the devs: Make sure all elements of the game/story is consistent when it comes to audio volume/levels. I usually play my adult VNs without sound (I go into prefs and select "Mute all"), but the outro credits scroll plays with music anyway. You should ensure that videos also follow the volume settings set within the game preferences. Better yet, use videos/animations without sound, and then add in background sound while the video is playing through Ren'Py (I think it should be possible).

Sep 3, 2020
Choosing only one girl and stick with her is a realization even if you get disappointed in the end, it's what makes it worth to play these for me. There's drama when you make the decision, how the other girl reacts, the price you pay for it, but you already decided and you can't turn back. It's sad but rewarding, nothing that is good comes easy. I play these as I would do irl, it's where the fun is for me. On the other side you get: "I love them all! I want all!" toddler like stuff. Just like The Author, The Unbroken, AOA that has harem tag now, even BADIK, and to tell you the truth, ANY other game that doesn't have harem tag, there's an avalanche of those comments not to mention the: "no harem? I'm out". I understand that many people play these to escape reality and enter some sort of fantasy world but that's not my case.

Btw, when it comes to this game, One Lie, so far it's not a hard choice. I simply won't touch any girl and I hope I don't have to deal with Ahn much more. I would love to get a choice to tell her to live her life and leave me alone. I probably chocked some people with this one. So yeah, my main objective is AT LEAST to forgive the girl probably give her a chance. The ex didn't even gave the MC the chance to explain so she is removed from the equation.
well my brother there's only one thing I can say to your comment

Jenny is love Jenny is life Jenny is my wife

Isabella is best girl

Elspeth I love you to death

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
oh yes and Jaye and Lexi are best girl

but now I'm curious I wonder what Vollezar and Mr Bear favorite girls are
Lexi gives me bad vibes. That sort of love and devotion is not for me. CS I don't even remember their names but the girl with different eye color also give me bad vibes but shes lovely.

Reactions: Mr Bear
Sep 3, 2020
Lexi gives me bad vibes. That sort of love and devotion is not for me. CS I don't even remember their names but the girl with different eye color also give me bad vibes but shes lovely.
i know what you mean but it's not like that Lexie has been in love with us since childhood

and the girl with different eye colors I don't remember her names to but I friendzone the fuck out of her

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
i know what you mean but it's not like that Lexie has been in love with us since childhood

and the girl with different eye colors I don't remember her names to but I friendzone the fuck out of her
Isn't Lexie the one that loves the MC since childhood? The one he "meets" in the plane?
Have you tried "Our Red String"?

Reactions: Mr Bear

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
oh okay got it
The art is good but even if you don't like it the story is so far worth it. There are choices and paths that make you think and question yourself about what you would really do irl in those situations. There are too many coincidences for my taste but they all add to the story. Go for it, I don't think you'll regret it.

Mr Bear

Sep 27, 2021
Side note to the devs: Make sure all elements of the game/story is consistent when it comes to audio volume/levels. I usually play my adult VNs without sound (I go into prefs and select "Mute all"), but the outro credits scroll plays with music anyway. You should ensure that videos also follow the volume settings set within the game preferences. Better yet, use videos/animations without sound, and then add in background sound while the video is playing through Ren'Py (I think it should be possible).
Hiya! Noted! Thanks for playing!

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
The ex didn't really care for MC. She is one of those people that have relationships for the sake of having a relationship and having somebody take care of them, pay them undivided attention. She is a narcissist. All attention on her or she is out. That's why she was trying her best to drive FC away. Once she realized that there is a possibility that won't happen she bailed out. And what a perfect opportunity for her to do it now. She gets to play a victim for the next guy and sucker him into being her caretaker.

With Anh I am, oh boy, gonna have to disappoint you a bit. She is a key part to the story so she'll be around. Not going to say much more, but there it is.

It's off to a great start, and it's already pulling on the heartstrings for me, especially with Julie's immense regret, realizing she most likely f'ed up a lifelong friendship with MC. I do hope the "dynamic duo" will eventually get back together, because, as Bobbie the bartender pointed out, as well as the story Carol (Julie's aunt) told Julie about MC, they really do belong together, and hinted at they should ultimately be THE couple.

Thanks. Happy to hear that I got the point of how important they are to each other across. And happy that you liked it.

I'll try to figure something out for the credits clip. I've added it because I want people to know that it's not just me who is working on this game. In fact if it wasn't for the people on that list I would have abandoned the project early on. We've encountered a major setback that put a massive dent into my enthusiasm for continuing with the project. These guys however (MrBear, MistahLevi, Robert "Senor" and Asami) encouraged me to go on. Hugest thanks to them for that.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
The ex didn't really care for MC. She is one of those people that have relationships for the sake of having a relationship and having somebody take care of them, pay them undivided attention. She is a narcissist. All attention on her or she is out. That's why she was trying her best to drive FC away. Once she realized that there is a possibility that won't happen she bailed out. And what a perfect opportunity for her to do it now. She gets to play a victim for the next guy and sucker him into being her caretaker.

With Anh I am, oh boy, gonna have to disappoint you a bit. She is a key part to the story so she'll be around. Not going to say much more, but there it is.
yeah the girl put herself in a bad situation but I totally understand her reaction, would I do it? I might have. I guess how many times she had to listen to it. Also that's way past teasing the girl was outright cruel. She got her point made anyway. The gf was a cunt, so point proven, mission complete. Now what's left is manup but you know girls. Oh yeah there are differences and you can call me sexist ;). Anyway she should raise her head high even if she did what she did out of spite.

I knew she was gona stay around, can't blame a man for trying. I'm afraid the only way I'll have anything with her is if you force me but them I'll have my revenge. Take it as a promise and not a threat :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
I knew she was gona stay around, can't blame a man for trying. I'm afraid the only way I'll have anything with her is if you force me but them I'll have my revenge. Take it as a promise and not a threat :ROFLMAO:
Not going to force a relationship with anyone. Friendship? Yes. Hot, passionate, sweaty, scream inducing monkey love.... No.

To be clear. The ex-gf is gone. She ain't coming back.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 28 Votes