VN Ren'Py Open Wounds [v1.0a] [BLACK VOID]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

SlavicBrah

Aug 17, 2024
If I had to guess,

Tragic backstories tend to be the catalyst of potential. Whether that results in tragic failure, or great success depends on the individual. Those that use that to push themselves above and beyond stand out amongst the rest, especially against those that allow the tragedy to destroy them.

It's an easy starting point and a writer can do pretty much anything they want with that kind of motivation. Pretty much no matter what the outcome is, it would be at the very least understandable in the eyes of the viewer.
I mean makes sense,but its weird that so many VN's follow that pattern.

MixQQ

Sep 8, 2019
Wasn't bad until that forced scene with Chloe. Wtf? Why no option to refuse that chick when we had them for previous girls?
Oh well, one more game fed to trash bin.
Good luck with further development, though.
Chloe is a nice gal! Why you want turn her down?

Moosica

Dec 7, 2021
Thanks you for the game MC.
The plot makes you want to play it.
Good development, for the rest of your game "Black Void".

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

1728482088025.png

Hello everyone!

I have fixed some spelling mistakes and punctuation.

You can download the script from here:

Unzip the file and put it in the folder named "game." Overwrite files when asked.

Let me know if there is any bug or mistake in the game. Wish you a good day everyone!

darkvelevt

Oct 8, 2024
Wasn't bad until that forced scene with Chloe. Wtf? Why no option to refuse that chick when we had them for previous girls?
Oh well, one more game fed to trash bin.
Good luck with further development, though.
As I see it I think because Chloe is different, she might be a part of the main story.. she's not a main Li but also she's not a one night stand like Mia maybe their relationship will be kind of friends with benefits. It might be also because it was the last scene in the chapter, if you were to skip sex with Chloe there are no other scenes left at the end, maybe in the next chapter the players will have an option with Chloe. On another thought, some devs tend to use such scenes to soften the mood and make the player feel calm and normal before hitting the end of the chapter with a tragedy like what happened with Hannah at the end. That's just my opinion. Either way Chloe is a cute girl why wouldn't someone wanna have sex with her?:D

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
Either way Chloe is a cute girl why wouldn't someone wanna have sex with her?:D
Haven't played yet, but speaking for myself... even if I like a character, having lack of agency in that decision can make me dig my heels in and 'rebel' against that relationship. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have chosen to pursue her if given the choice, it just means I'm stubborn and don't like being told what to do. This isn't the case 100% of the time, but it's happened for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one. There are forced LI's that are forced for the plot and that I do like, but if it's not for the plot then it's like... why is this your hill? Just reading the thread so far, though, I'm more likely to give her a chance over Zoe.

darkvelevt

Oct 8, 2024
Why some renders and male hero looks like Summer's Gone MC.
Over the years many MC's have been used in many games and repeated I don't think that's an issue besides the one from SG I think MC was mixed with other character's morphs maybe Michael 8. Like for example Vernon he was used in many games like Life in Santa County, and other games I don't remember their names

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Chloe is a nice gal! Why you want turn her down?
As I see it I think because Chloe is different, she might be a part of the main story.. she's not a main Li but also she's not a one night stand like Mia maybe their relationship will be kind of friends with benefits. It might be also because it was the last scene in the chapter, if you were to skip sex with Chloe there are no other scenes left at the end, maybe in the next chapter the players will have an option with Chloe. On another thought, some devs tend to use such scenes to soften the mood and make the player feel calm and normal before hitting the end of the chapter with a tragedy like what happened with Hannah at the end. That's just my opinion. Either way Chloe is a cute girl why wouldn't someone wanna have sex with her?:D
I don't know what happened to Hannah.
I like other chick more. Even had option to arrange a date with that chick, went to tennis with her, than... Chloe happened. Really not kind of guy who give attention to one girl than go bang another girl. It just sucks.
Dev said "immersive VN", but by forcing Chloe (or any other chick) only thing he managed to do is to kill any immersion for everyone but harem-ish players who will bang 'em all anyway. For players like me, it just kill the vibe. There's no way in hell to immerse with MC or story of a "casual banger". Interest goes to zero.
If reason is because there are no other scenes left, well, would rather play with no sex scene at all and wait for future releases when "my girl" will come, than this.
But oh well, it is what it is, some games are not meant to be.

darkvelevt

Oct 8, 2024
I don't know what happened to Hannah.
I like other chick more. Even had option to arrange a date with that chick, went to tennis with her, than... Chloe happened. Really not kind of guy who give attention to one girl than go bang another girl. It just sucks.
Dev said "immersive VN", but by forcing Chloe (or any other chick) only thing he managed to do is to kill any immersion for everyone but harem-ish players who will bang 'em all anyway. For players like me, it just kill the vibe. There's no way in hell to immerse with MC or story of a "casual banger". Interest goes to zero.
If reason is because there are no other scenes left, well, would rather play with no sex scene at all and wait for future releases when "my girl" will come, than this.
But oh well, it is what it is, some games are not meant to be.
And which one is your girl? I think you had options with the girl he played tennis with because it's a date but with Chloe it's casual. From what you are saying I understand you want a clean direct route to each girl which doesn't make sense to me because the game is still starting and it makes sense to me that MC has options and causal sex before he settles for one girl. It's like at the beginning dev is presenting the options so later on maybe after few chapters you have to choose a path. That's what I think though, it's better to give it a chance because this is only the first chapter

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
And which one is your girl? I think you had options with the girl he played tennis with because it's a date but with Chloe it's casual. From what you are saying I understand you want a clean direct route to each girl which doesn't make sense to me because the game is still starting and it makes sense to me that MC has options and causal sex before he settles for one girl. It's like at the beginning dev is presenting the options so later on maybe after few chapters you have to choose a path. That's what I think though, it's better to give it a chance because this is only the first chapter
I agree with what you say, but here you don't have the option to have casual sex, it's forced. It would be nice if you really had the choice to accept or reject her. As with all the others girls.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
It have perfect sense from perspective of "not casual banger" person. What about people/players who don't like casual sex? Why don't we have option for MC not to have casual sex early into game, considering options for all other girls are already there? I'm not advocating "no sex before marriage", but this kind of banging is also not my thing.
I wouldn't even bother asking if game was one of those kinetic novels where everything is forced and linear, but since game already entered path of options, than why don't go all the way? Why stop at 90%?

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't even bother asking if game was one of those kinetic novels where everything is forced and linear, but since game already entered path of options, than why don't go all the way? Why stop at 90%?
If a dev were to write a game that makes everyone happy, it would be huge. There are at least two branches for every choice, and each branch will have to have choices. Can you see the problem the dev faces?

I would say 90% of devs here are novices in writing so inconsistencies will happen.

Reactions: darkvelevt

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
If a dev were to write a game that makes everyone happy, it would be huge. There are at least two branches for every choice, and each branch will have to have choices. Can you see the problem the dev faces?

I would say 90% of devs here are novices in writing so inconsistencies will happen.
I doubt such a game can be made. But this dev already made choices for all girls but for one. If can handle, let's say, 12 branches, than for sure can those 2 more.
Hopefully, dev will speak with "common peasants" here and tell if it's just an oversight which he might fix or it's intentional and that particular "bang story" is "must have" for the purposes of story or what not.

Bryan_Colt

Jul 19, 2017
game was so good until the prison scene, i just want to shoot them no need for evidence, trial, just let me shoot them, so far i lost two

blondes for my potential harem, anyway good game so far. Now we need to call John Wick to help us with the story.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes