cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
are there any prerequisite for finding gallery images? Im replayng the game from scratch while waiting the next update and im following the guide to find the imaged but i still cant find them. for example the guide say that image 5 can be found in the navigation room at night but there ist nothing to click there (or i am really really blind)
After Xerxes.

Reactions: MarianTheSharkFace

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
How MC outranks Lym if he's a Captain and she's a Major?
If he's a naval captain and she's an any other branch major, assuming similar pattern to the US, naval captains are O-6 (officer grade 6)equivalent to colonels in the other branches. Majors are O-4s and don't exist in the navy the naval equivalent, iirc, is lieutenant commander. TLDR navy ranks are fucky.

Source me a retired USAF SSgt

Aizen Myo

Mar 23, 2022
If he's a naval captain and she's an any other branch major, assuming similar pattern to the US, naval captains are O-6 (officer grade 6)equivalent to colonels in the other branches. Majors are O-4s and don't exist in the navy the naval equivalent, iirc, is lieutenant commander. TLDR navy ranks are fucky.

Source me a retired USAF SSgt
Hmm interesting... I didn't knew that, always thought Major outranked Cap anywhere, Navy does seem to be the inspiration of the game since Admiral is the Top Rank

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Yeah. The weird thing is Lym being a major, it's not usually a rank within navies... Then again, it's fiction. lol
Maybe she's airforce prior to space? Or the writer just flubbed it or it's different where they're from.

In my head most space forces would run their small attack ships like the AF and handle the big mamajamas like the navy, but who knows how it'll ever breakdown irl... Especially since traditional "air combat" doesn't even work physics wise in space *cries at impossibility of irl x-wings*

failtastica

Apr 14, 2018
Maybe she's airforce prior to space? Or the writer just flubbed it or it's different where they're from.

In my head most space forces would run their small attack ships like the AF and handle the big mamajamas like the navy, but who knows how it'll ever breakdown irl... Especially since traditional "air combat" doesn't even work physics wise in space *cries at impossibility of irl x-wings*
i would say babylon 5 got their space combat spot on in terms of how a space fighter would work. oldie but a goodie but loving the game so far and hope to see more content soon

Cirex101

Jun 4, 2022
Yeah. The weird thing is Lym being a major, it's not usually a rank within navies... Then again, it's fiction. lol
Maybe she's in the Marines. Or like you said, the fictional organuzation they belong to might have an unusual ranking system compared to real life.

Nov 9, 2022
just started the game and... captain right out of the academy? with the admiral of the fleet present? i understand it's scifi but we're breaking the suspension of disbelief right from the start here :unsure:
aaand it's like i'm reading smut stories from wattapad all over again holy cliches
and HS2 models somehow are a downgrade from HS1
edit:no sorry i can't but i wish i could force myself to bear through the story and dialogue.. why is the MC so inept and moronic?

Last edited:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
just started the game and... captain right out of the academy? with the admiral of the fleet present? i understand it's scifi but we're breaking the suspension of disbelief right from the start here :unsure:
As I recall, the admiral is directly related ( the older sister) to one of the other graduates. That's why the admiral is ther, not just randomly

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
aaand it's like i'm reading smut stories from wattapad all over again holy cliches
and HS2 models somehow are a downgrade from HS1
edit:no sorry i can't but i wish i could force myself to bear through the story and dialogue.. why is the MC so inept and moronic?
As I recall, the admiral is directly related ( the older sister) to one of the other graduates. That's why the admiral is ther, not just randomly
That's right. The admiral is Lym's older sister, so it makes sense that she's there. In the real world it's not unheard of for flag officers to attend commencement. It would be a little unusual that just some teacher at the academy is delivering the commencement address, but it really isn't a big deal to the plot.
The inexperience of much of the crew, the captain particularly, is addressed after a while, but I don't remember which act (2 or 3?) that it starts to come up. It's actually part of the core mystery/conspiracy plot to the game implying that they're expendable scapegoats/distractions/misdirections being used by the evil corporate overlords, which I think would have been better if more deliberately foreshadowed or hinted at earlier, like in the prologue and act 1.

I also initially reacted pretty strongly to the competency issues you're mentioning, but I was able to enjoy it when I put aside my expectation that this was something like a real military or even Starfleet. If you go into this understanding that humanity in the game is pretty new to interstellar travel and there's powerful manipulations occurring, then maybe you can come to appreciate it as I have.
I had to look up what wattpad is, so I can't really speak to that specifically. But regarding cliches, the game does lean strongly on some tropes and archetypes, but definitely not more so than about 90% of the VNs on this site. I don't want to speculate about the cliches that irked you, but if you name something specific, we can discuss those. It's kinda the point of these threads, right?
On to your last point: I could be wrong, but I believe this is HS1, and I think it looks damn good. What did you dislike about the models?

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
That's right. The admiral is Lym's older sister, so it makes sense that she's there. In the real world it's not unheard of for flag officers to attend commencement. It would be a little unusual that just some teacher at the academy is delivering the commencement address, but it really isn't a big deal to the plot.
The inexperience of much of the crew, the captain particularly, is addressed after a while, but I don't remember which act (2 or 3?) that it starts to come up. It's actually part of the core mystery/conspiracy plot to the game implying that they're expendable scapegoats/distractions/misdirections being used by the evil corporate overlords, which I think would have been better if more deliberately foreshadowed or hinted at earlier, like in the prologue and act 1.

I also initially reacted pretty strongly to the competency issues you're mentioning, but I was able to enjoy it when I put aside my expectation that this was something like a real military or even Starfleet. If you go into this understanding that humanity in the game is pretty new to interstellar travel and there's powerful manipulations occurring, then maybe you can come to appreciate it as I have.
I had to look up what wattpad is, so I can't really speak to that specifically. But regarding cliches, the game does lean strongly on some tropes and archetypes, but definitely not more so than about 90% of the VNs on this site. I don't want to speculate about the cliches that irked you, but if you name something specific, we can discuss those. It's kinda the point of these threads, right?
On to your last point: I could be wrong, but I believe this is HS1, and I think it looks damn good. What did you dislike about the models?
I'm pretty positive that this is HS2 through and through, homie. :LUL: But props to you for the write-up for the guy, always appreciate some points presented in a good way.

Reactions: Bill Temple
Feb 21, 2023

I feel like a quite simple thing in regards to the "stupidity" and so on in the early parts of the game is simply that dear cryoxxx got better with time and just started there. All beginnings are difficult. And comparing update 0.4 with the first releases there are miles in difference concerning the writing in some parts.

4.40 star(s) 142 Votes