SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Thank you for your work as always. There's a slight problem tho, I'm not sure if this is only for Mac users but the saves don't seem to work on this compressed version. I'm using the uncompressed version for now and it seems to be working just fine.
I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean old saves, or do you mean being able to save at all? Tested Win/Linux before posted and made saves, closed, load saves, and saves as well.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
I think you are being kind to gpsywolf there is nowhere in the story ever where Noel is:

In fact, quite the opposite is true...the only time she becomes somewhat embarassed and out of her element is when she puts on a dress for a date and is expected to behave in a more typically romantic way.
Yup, agreed. Her embarrassment over a romantic date was what I was basing my "emotionally reserved" statement on. My reading of it was she's someone who's reserved about emotional intimacy.

Then, her anger over Clermont not telling her about the Doc's problem showed she has trouble dealing with loss and grief. So, I would say she's not comfortable being vulnerable, causing her to compensate with a brash, outgoing, rather tomboyish, personality, the opposite of timid or shy.

But that's just this amateur therapist's patient notes.

Last edited:
Reactions: McGreed

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Loading old saves, I can't load into any of em
It might be the SDK, I go by the script version but sometimes building will fail for Mac as the __init__.py file will show a different Ren'Py SDK version (most games have 2 versions), and if I build with the other version, it builds the Mac, and 90% of what is in the script version will build just fine. If that is confusing, I know.

More or less, Mac is a crapshoot....sorry :cry:

Reactions: Lumi24

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
It might be the SDK, I go by the script version but sometimes building will fail for Mac as the __init__.py file will show a different Ren'Py SDK version (most games have 2 versions), and if I build with the other version, it builds the Mac, and 90% of what is in the script version will build just fine. If that is confusing, I know.

More or less, Mac is a crapshoot....sorry :cry:
No worries, I somewhat understood the explanation, thank you

hahequ

Apr 17, 2022
Zara update was wholesome af and completely worth the wait, the final twist at the end was also something
Looking forward for how things will go now

randomname42

May 30, 2017
cryoxxx can you perhaps update the first post to link to this gallery unlocker instead of the outdated one?
I'd already made an updated gallery unlocker and reported it to replace the outdated one linked in the OP, which was updated today. Based on a quick diff, my version includes a couple of persistent variable checks that were still missed in this one (e.g. navigation directly between different characters' galleries), so everything should be set.

JackassJeff

Jul 20, 2023
After catching up and finishing the latest update,Am I the only one seeing it or did the mc get an updated look,In the early game his hairstyle and body looked different,he had dyed blue hair at the bottom parts of his bangs,and his hair looked longer,but now its shorter and somehow the blue hair is gone and it's just black or dark brown.

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
After catching up and finishing the latest update,Am I the only one seeing it or did the mc get an updated look,In the early game his hairstyle and body looked different,he had dyed blue hair at the bottom parts of his bangs,and his hair looked longer,but now its shorter and somehow the blue hair is gone and it's just black or dark brown.
he lost the blue frosted tips quite a long time ago (y)

PhantomRem

May 18, 2023
I love this game like I would love my own child, but oh my god do I have a hate-love relationship with the main character. From the start of the game to the end of what current story we have, the main character is pretty useless when it comes to any form of battle, literally every single fight the main character gets involved in either ends up with him immediately surrendering or one of the girls (Nyx) doing the job for him instead, I don't really see the point of the warfare, bio and whatever the other stat was called, it is pretty useless except for certain dialogues that provide nothing to the story overall. The latest confrontation with Kali is proof of how useless he is, I mean I understand him surrendering for Nyx's safety but for being the big strong captain he hasn't being doing a good job of protecting his crew properly, I genuinely wonder how he even became captain in the first place with his lack of skills being displayed. Still I have supported this game since the beginning and will continue to support it now. The story is amazing and I love the characters.

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
I love this game like I would love my own child, but oh my god do I have a hate-love relationship with the main character. From the start of the game to the end of what current story we have, the main character is pretty useless when it comes to any form of battle, literally every single fight the main character gets involved in either ends up with him immediately surrendering or one of the girls (Nyx) doing the job for him instead, I don't really see the point of the warfare, bio and whatever the other stat was called, it is pretty useless except for certain dialogues that provide nothing to the story overall. The latest confrontation with Kali is proof of how useless he is, I mean I understand him surrendering for Nyx's safety but for being the big strong captain he hasn't being doing a good job of protecting his crew properly, I genuinely wonder how he even became captain in the first place with his lack of skills being displayed. Still I have supported this game since the beginning and will continue to support it now. The story is amazing and I love the characters.
He has handled a few by himself. On the Xerxes mission he has the possibility of getting 3 kills(depending on choices), and he apprehends the purple devil saboteur, but I can see where the disdain comes from. He sticks his nose where it doesnt belong and gets burned, but when you have a confident space wizard on your side...you might forget to properly prepare. Nyx and Cap have a ton to learn from the encounter. Sorry if you wanted a captain that can handle every situation, but that's not the story I want to tell :p

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
He has handled a few by himself. On the Xerxes mission he has the possibility of getting 3 kills(depending on choices), and he apprehends the purple devil saboteur, but I can see where the disdain comes from. He sticks his nose where it doesnt belong and gets burned, but when you have a confident space wizard on your side...you might forget to properly prepare. Nyx and Cap have a ton to learn from the encounter. Sorry if you wanted a captain that can handle every situation, but that's not the story I want to tell :p
(y)

PhantomRem

May 18, 2023
He has handled a few by himself. On the Xerxes mission he has the possibility of getting 3 kills(depending on choices), and he apprehends the purple devil saboteur, but I can see where the disdain comes from. He sticks his nose where it doesnt belong and gets burned, but when you have a confident space wizard on your side...you might forget to bring properly prepare. Nyx and Cap have a ton to learn from the encounter. Sorry if you wanted a captain that can handle every situation, but that's not the story I want to tell :p
Their is nothing wrong with making mistakes, yes the captain was fresh out of the academy when the game started but he grew as a character and leader, I don't hate him as a character, I dislike the decisions he makes during any form of conflict, and I recently replayed the entire game from start to end and I can tell you he rarely shows any form of skill, during the first conflict in the game he takes down 1 enemy while Nyx eradicates them all, the next fight was on the Bellona(Sybil Ship) and you only use one attack against those monsters and noel saves you from getting hurt with her gun, the next one is when you go to Zara home world, you automatically surrender since your surrounded and the one after that is when you get harassed by 2 gangsters and Vann steps in and they go away, and the final one is against Kali which is arguably the worse, for someone like the captain who has trained hard in the military academy he couldn't even disarm her and got shot and the other option is giving up and joining her, you see what I'm saying? I am not hating on the game it is one of my favourite as shown on my top 10 list, I consider it the best of the best, Its just frustrating seeing the captain fumble fight after fight and not even getting a chance to get some action in.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Want to chime in on the discussion more.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I dislike the MC's cockiness but I usually dislike that trait in characters anyway so that's my own problem. I will stand by that I think most of his actions surrounding Lym (plot wise) are dumb to the point of being annoying and that's my only REAL gripe at this point.

Forgot to mention it in my other post, but I remember my other issue when I last played was that the crew didn't feel like much of an actual crew. I think this plot development will (potentially) be really good for solving that and getting everyone sort of intertwined. I'm definitely feeling more hopeful for the game than I was before.

Also like Yoo-ri's new design btw. She looks badass

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Their is nothing wrong with making mistakes, yes the captain was fresh out of the academy when the game started but he grew as a character and leader, I don't hate him as a character, I dislike the decisions he makes during any form of conflict, and I recently replayed the entire game from start to end and I can tell you he rarely shows any form of skill, during the first conflict in the game he takes down 1 enemy while Nyx eradicates them all, the next fight was on the Bellona(Sybil Ship) and you only use one attack against those monsters and noel saves you from getting hurt with her gun, the next one is when you go to Zara home world, you automatically surrender since your surrounded and the one after that is when you get harassed by 2 gangsters and Vann steps in and they go away, and the final one is against Kali which is arguably the worse, for someone like the captain who has trained hard in the military academy he couldn't even disarm her and got shot and the other option is giving up and joining her, you see what I'm saying? I am not hating on the game it is one of my favourite as shown on my top 10 list, I consider it the best of the best, Its just frustrating seeing the captain fumble fight after fight and not even getting a chance to get some action in.
Real talk... Ships' captains in the military irl aren't really even trained in combatives. They have jar heads for that.

Reactions: JackassJeff
4.40 star(s) 142 Votes