Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Real talk... Ships' captains in the military irl aren't really even trained in combatives. They have jar heads for that.
You're kidding me?! I thought the captain and XO got their command by winning a marksmanship competition and a vale tudo battle royal, respectively, among all the officers on the ship. Huh, ya learn something new everyday. ;)

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Real talk... Ships' captains in the military irl aren't really even trained in combatives. They have jar heads for that.
Infantry lieutenants and captains may see combat and train with their soldiers, depending on their specific role and unit assignment within the military. They may also be responsible for leading, training, and managing their soldiers, which may involve some desk work. However, it is important to note that the duties and responsibilities of military personnel can vary greatly depending on their specific job and location.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
No matter how much content there is in a VN when you start playing, if it's a good one the content is always over too quickly.

Anyway, haven't gone through all the discussion but I agree somewhat about the MC not being the best captain but hopefully he grows into it. The largest dislike I have after having gone through the whole game is how the MC handled Lym. I guess we have to hope that in the future he takes his head out of hiss ass and tries to mend things. Hopefully Lym agrees.

But a great game overall.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Infantry lieutenants and captains may see combat and train with their soldiers, depending on their specific role and unit assignment within the military. They may also be responsible for leading, training, and managing their soldiers, which may involve some desk work. However, it is important to note that the duties and responsibilities of military personnel can vary greatly depending on their specific job and location.
Which is why I specified ships' captains... Who in the US at least are more in line with colonels... So they're usually old farts too. The military at least again US is full of roles where the most combative training you get is some marksmanship in basic and a 1 or 2 day refresher before you deploy.

Even as aircrew, I got some advanced training that most USAF members don't get, but it was primarily resisting interrogation, not kicking ass and taking names.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Which is why I specified ships' captains... Who in the US at least are more in line with colonels... So they're usually old farts too. The military at least again US is full of roles where the most combative training you get is some marksmanship in basic and a 1 or 2 day refresher before you deploy.

Even as aircrew, I got some advanced training that most USAF members don't get, but it was primarily resisting interrogation, not kicking ass and taking names.
my dad and grandfather were a navy captains and seen combat more than once

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
my dad and grandfather were a navy captains and seen combat more than once
I saw combat too, even got an air combat medal... Never had to punch anyone in the face, or shoot someone. And navy captain does not equal ships' captain. You can be a seal officer and be a navy captain, but the training pipeline looks a bit different from the guys who are gonna command ships.

The fact is that in the vast majority of modern militaries being the leader on a ship with 100s if not thousands of crew, requires boatloads of training of which the barest minimum will be combatives, whatever that particular military deems the minimum to be considered "combat ready". Militaries are super specialized and unless your job is infantryman, rifleman, security forces, or some kind of special operations you'll almost never handle a firearm and hand to hand training will just not even be a thing.

ToadMayn

Oct 18, 2021
I've only known Vann for an update and a half but if anything happens to my boy I will personally uninstall the game and off myself I genuinely love him :KEK::KEK:

• Star-struck
Reactions: cryoxxx

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
Ask the War skill not work on Red hair dad puppy ! Why! So we have a railroad .Skill trash can here. Femdom or other path XXX no different. Ask is why? From my view work with Mars is kill all , Nope not my way to play. Sorry but this is my view. And Let Nyx kill her inc. the fucking devise she get infos.

• Angry
Reactions: Malarbutton

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Ask the War skill not work on Red hair dad puppy ! Why! So we have a railroad .Skill trash can here. Femdom or other path XXX no different. Ask is why? From my view work with Mars is kill all , Nope not my way to play. Sorry but this is my view. And Let Nyx kill her inc. the fucking devise she get infos.
Did you have a stroke while typing this?

cgehunter

Mar 3, 2018
Nutted Adm. Mars gud but at what cost? subsequent betrayal to my crew, Mars technologies grows larger but failed to put up a fight against the other.

deliberately choose the first choice then proceeds onto the second do hope we as the(former) captain be able to meet her again somewhere in the cosmos and holy smokes she got a counter on Nix' crest then she got a Tibbitt of it as a bonus.

anyway great update of the game and thrilled to see more with the hopes of meeting the yummy Adm. Mars somewhere (again) thrilled for Nix to torture her with pleasure like pip.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
the final one is against Kali which is arguably the worse, for someone like the captain who has trained hard in the military academy he couldn't even disarm her and got shot
So you're saying a decently new captain should have been able to disarm an officer of a greatly higher position who got where she is by being at least a captain herself, not to mention higher ranks for literally years? Sorry, but no. You really think Admiral Mars wouldn't have seen a possible move for her weapon from the moment she extended a hand with her sidearm out? Right. Having an admiral who's that stupid is a lot less realistic than a captain getting bested by someone with superior experience — very likely in many areas, like fighting technique, tactics, sizing up an enemy and their motives, and so on. Her having a device ready to stop Nyx the second she entered the room didn't clue you in that they might be outmatched by her? This isn't a Hollywood film, you know.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Nutted Adm. Mars gud but at what cost? subsequent betrayal to my crew, Mars technologies grows larger but failed to put up a fight against the other.

deliberately choose the first choice then proceeds onto the second do hope we as the(former) captain be able to meet her again somewhere in the cosmos and holy smokes she got a counter on Nix' crest then she got a Tibbitt of it as a bonus.

anyway great update of the game and thrilled to see more with the hopes of meeting the yummy Adm. Mars somewhere (again) thrilled for Nix to torture her with pleasure like pip.
I have no idea how it could happen, but it would be great if eventually the MC would be able somehow to capture Kali and then over time dominate her until she completely surrenders herself to him. But I feel like any effort for something like that would be completely unrealistic and forced. Would she ever let herself be alone with him again? Could they ever get through any protections / soldiers she has to kidnap her? I don't see how. And forcing that in the story just because is something I definitely don't want.

PhantomRem

May 18, 2023
So you're saying a decently new captain should have been able to disarm an officer of a greatly higher position who got where she is by being at least a captain herself, not to mention higher ranks for literally years? Sorry, but no. You really think Admiral Mars wouldn't have seen a possible move for her weapon from the moment she extended a hand with her sidearm out? Right. Having an admiral who's that stupid is a lot less realistic than a captain getting bested by someone with superior experience — very likely in many areas, like fighting technique, tactics, sizing up an enemy and their motives, and so on. Her having a device ready to stop Nyx the second she entered the room didn't clue you in that they might be outmatched by her? This isn't a Hollywood film, you know.
So out of my entire message you only took the part about Kali shooting the main character, I never once said he was able to do it, I was talking about even though he was a captain he was practically useless in combat and was listing all the situations he found himself in and rarely did anything. Of course I know Kali is smart and well trained, becoming Fleet Admiral is no easy feat. It is no surprise she was able to overpower him, I am just voicing my frustrations about how he just relies heavily on others for example Nyx and is unable to defend himself and others at crucial times, and the worse of all is the bad ending. The bad ending for this game made absolutely no sense and came out of no where. The captain has not once showed any interest in money and power, he cares a lot about Lym and the crew and Zara(If you got her pregnant) and to give that all away just to join Kali completely destroys his character, and the worse sin is that in the update 2 out of the 3 H-Scenes are part of the bad ending and since it is not canon we only have 1 for this update.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So out of my entire message you only took the part about Kali shooting the main character, I never once said he was able to do it, I was talking about even though he was a captain he was practically useless in combat and was listing all the situations he found himself in and rarely did anything. Of course I know Kali is smart and well trained, becoming Fleet Admiral is no easy feat. It is no surprise she was able to overpower him, I am just voicing my frustrations about how he just relies heavily on others for example Nyx and is unable to defend himself and others at crucial times, and the worse of all is the bad ending. The bad ending for this game made absolutely no sense and came out of no where. The captain has not once showed any interest in money and power, he cares a lot about Lym and the crew and Zara(If you got her pregnant) and to give that all away just to join Kali completely destroys his character, and the worse sin is that in the update 2 out of the 3 H-Scenes are part of the bad ending and since it is not canon we only have 1 for this update.
[sigh] Yes, I only took that part because it was an example you gave that I specifically wanted to address. I argued against that being a good example of what you were saying. If I had wanted to address your overall point, I would have done so.

Among others, you mentioned his surrendering to Nyx; how often the stats you mentioned seem to apply; the fight on the Bellona; or being on Zara's home world — not a single one of those have anything to do with the Kali scene directly. Yes, they have to do with your overarching point, but I was saying I disagree that the Kali example you cited was "arguably the worse". And now you say, "never once said he was able to do it", which isn't true. From your follow-up post earlier:
the final one is against Kali which is arguably the worse, for someone like the captain who has trained hard in the military academy he couldn't even disarm her and got shot and the other option is giving up and joining her, you see what I'm saying?
You absolutely do say he "couldn't even disarm her", implying he ought to have been able to. That's the specific point I was disagreeing with, and now you contradict your previous statement by saying, "It is no surprise she was able to overpower him"? I don't need to take anything else from the rest of what you said, because I was directly addressing a part that didn't apply.

Reactions: Kalrotix
4.40 star(s) 142 Votes