Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
I'm not convinced she wasn't brought on board with all the others.
It doesn't look like so and well, given we couldn't send her a message...
Clermont and Nyx are my reasons for reading this story frankly x). Altough anyone grew on me, they're the best.

On a side note, I'm not sure pushing Alex's face deeper in the mud each time's gonna do good. I mean, ok he was a dickhead but jezz, where is this going.
Yea, I don't think she's on board right now. With the condition Nyx was in at the end of the update and given that Dr C has become more familiar with her Eldarian biology than probably anyone else, it would be pretty reckless of whoever would've had Doc brought on board (I assume Kommandant Meow) to allow Nyx to be treated by anyone else if Doc were an available alternative.

About your side note, I've been surprised at how many comments there are concerned or upset about Alex's treatment. Not that there's a lot, just a lot more than I'd expect. That guy sucks, and it's fun to watch the universe trample him.

Last edited:

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
I figure I should post this here since a lot of you are reporting bugs that have been fixed in the latest version.

Change log from beta:
  • 3 new renders
  • New logo
  • A lot of typos and missing images fixed
  • gallery fixes
  • 40 new codex entries
  • general codex/captain log updates

PC: -
MAC: -
ANDROID: -

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'm not convinced she wasn't brought on board with all the others.
Seems highly improbable.
Do you not think we'd have seen her, when we flew off, if she was? MC was injured, but the Doc doesn't show up to enquire about his injury, having been shot in the gut? Or to look after Nyx, who's absolutely fucked? :unsure:
We saw everyone else on the ship, even our new crew member.

She specifically said she wasn't coming with, when MC said farewell to her.
She's got her own stuff to take care off.
I think her being on the ship would mean she'd welched on her deal with the Yakuza.
Don't think being on the run from the USF and the Yakuza would be a particularly smart move.
It would also add more jeopardy to the rest of the crew, which I doubt very much she'd want to do to them.

She's surely going to return, but I honestly don't think she's there now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Temple

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Oppai Odyssey [v0.4.1a] [Cryoxxx]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- -

Mac:

- -

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Totally see where you're coming from, especially with the "spare prick at a wedding\3rd spoke on a wheel" situation.
But, I think that him being "bro" was kind of earned when he helped get us laid in the bar, then saved our ass outside the bar.
Isn't that what a wingman's for?
Also, with him being close to Noel & her family, he gets a bit of a gratis status bump.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunner

Falbala123

Oct 16, 2018
About your side note, I've been surprised at how many comments there are concerned or upset about Alex's treatment. Not that there's a lot, just a lot more than I'd expect. That guy sucks, and it's fun to watch the universe trample him.
No real complaints, I'm just really surprised he still appears actually. And seeing how the author made him so... low ? I'm not really sure there's a point.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
No real complaints, I'm just really surprised he still appears actually. And seeing how the author made him so... low ? I'm not really sure there's a point.
The is a time-honored tradition. He doesn't need to have a point, but he may. Only Cryo knows.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Totally see where you're coming from, especially with the "spare prick at a wedding\3rd spoke on a wheel" situation.
But, I think that him being "bro" was kind of earned when he helped get us laid in the bar, then saved our ass outside the bar.
Also, with him being close to Naomi & her family, he gets a bit of a gratis status bump.
If you just look at what Vann, as a character has done, the bro status is kind of justified.
But if you look at him as a person or an element in the story its really not. Cap and Vann have no history, no similarities to bond over, no shared tragedy. There's no narrative reason why Vann should act like he does towards cap. It just feels like cryo wanted a bro character in the story, so he just put a bro character in the story without bothering to justify why Vann and cap would be bros.

Reactions: DarkBlade12345

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
If you just look at what Vann, as a character has done, the bro status is kind of justified.
But if you look at him as a person or an element in the story its really not. Cap and Vann have no history, no similarities to bond over, no shared tragedy. There's no narrative reason why Vann should act like he does towards cap. It just feels like cryo wanted a bro character in the story, so he just put a bro character in the story without bothering to justify why Vann and cap would be bros.
dang, it sounds like you've never made a friend before :p

Jan 12, 2022
Well, if you want to be super cynical about him, which I'm not, but if you want to, you could always see having him around as having a meat shield who can die or get hurt in place of all our LIs.
But the thing is, that I don't hate him either. I don't want something bad to happen to him, though you're right that his death could work to add stakes without killing off one of the LI's.
Also, with him being close to Naomi & her family, he gets a bit of a gratis status bump.
You're not wrong, but in this kind of game, where it's not particularly hard to get laid, it doesn't feel like that big a deal. Also fair, that he saved the MC (though personally, I hate that he had to do that). I'm not denying that he's a nice and cool guy, but I feel like there's more to being a "bro" than just doing nice things. I feel like there wasn't enough time developing a bond with him. Right now, he feels like a guy that I wouldn't mind getting a drink with, but not someone that I'd throw down my life to save or protect.

On a semi related note, was it mentioned in the last update, that Vann was interested in joining the crew?

Jan 12, 2022
Cap and Vann have no history, no similarities to bond over, no shared tragedy.
This is probably the biggest sticking point to me. When I look at my favorite "bro," characters from other games they're either introduced with prior history, like Ian in Pale Carnations and Chang in Eternum. Or are introduced early on and the relationship develops over time, like Derek from Being a DIK. It's actually the role that I was hoping Alex would play when I first started this game, before he was revealed to be an unlikable dickhead.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
That seems a bit self contradictory.
If you look at what he did as a character it's justified, but as a person it's not??
What he did as a character defines who he is as a person.
A decent guy who saved the MC.
Yeah, thanks for saving my life, now let me treat you like some random? WTF?
I feel sorry for anyone who puts themself in danger to help you!

No similarities? Did you miss the part where they both love & respect Noel?
She also highly respects Vann so, as I said, he gets some gratis status from that. As do we, with him.
You're not wrong, but in this kind of game, where it's not particularly hard to get laid, it doesn't feel like that big a deal. Also fair, that he saved the MC (though personally, I hate that he had to do that). I'm not denying that he's a nice and cool guy, but I feel like there's more to being a "bro" than just doing nice things. I feel like there wasn't enough time developing a bond with him. Right now, he feels like a guy that I wouldn't mind getting a drink with, but not someone that I'd throw down my life to save or protect.

On a semi related note, was it mentioned in the last update, that Vann was interested in joining the crew?
To be fair, saving MC from getting kidnapped and sold into slavery (which is what the 2 thugs were discussing doing) qualifies as a lot more than simply "nice", to me.
He literally saved MC's ass.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022
To be fair, saving MC from getting kidnapped and sold into slavery (which is what the 2 thugs were discussing doing) qualifies as a little more than "nice", for me.
He literally saved MC's ass.
For one, I'm pretty sure they just decided to rob him after he reached for his gun. Secondly that scene purely exists so that Vann can save you. It's a situation that was created in order to ingratiate Vann to us. It's part of the problem I have with Vann. None of the interactions with him feel organic. It feels like I'm being pandered to.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
That happens over time building mutual trust, respect and affection.
Yeah, cos saving his life & getting him laid, plus him taking care of Noel's family (despite being her ex) doesn't build any trust, respect, or affection.
Noooo. :FacePalm:
For one, I'm pretty sure they just decided to rob him after he reached for his gun. Secondly that scene purely exists so that Vann can save you. It's a situation that was created in order to ingratiate Vann to us. It's part of the problem I have with Vann. None of the interactions with him feel organic. It feels like I'm being pandered to.
They discussed what they were going to do, kidnap him & sell him to the slavers, before they got anywhere near him.
MC only reached for his gun when it was obvious they weren't just trying to help him out. The conversation escalated.
Much like 2 shady guys coming up to you on the street & asking if they can borrow your phone.
You should know (or at least suspect) that they're trying to rob you.

That scene exists as part of the story. It establishes a bond, between MC & Vann, outside of the one created by him being a decent guy who's taken care of Noel's family.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 142 Votes