Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Only tried one video from the gallery with it...
I need to see if I can find a private message I had with the DV of a certain game that was also causing problems in the videos, so he found a solution and gave it to me and the lag in the videos was fixed, if I find it I can try opening the script for that game and change everything regarding the videos, it's just a matter of me finding what I need, there are so many private messages I have, that I need to look calmly, if I can find it I'll let you know... thanks for your attention.(y)

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
I need to see if I can find a private message I had with the DV of a certain game that was also causing problems in the videos, so he found a solution and gave it to me and the lag in the videos was fixed, if I find it I can try opening the script for that game and change everything regarding the videos...
So, with the custom lib you don't need to do anything with the videos or make any changes to the original script. It significantly lowers the CPU needed to decode VP8/VP9 videos in Ren'Py.

My comment was that I did minimal testing with it, e.g.: copied the lib/ folder, launched game and tried a gallery entry until a video played. Depending on your toaster level you will still need to free up CPU if it's in use elsewhere.

Reactions: Moricano

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
i put the game down a little after the stealth passenger got captured and waited for a lot of content to be added, but the review seem to say i wouldn't play the same game : is it just people getting trigered on alternative, borderline or avoidable content or they are 100% correct

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
i put the game down a little after the stealth passenger got captured and waited for a lot of content to be added, but the review seem to say i wouldn't play the same game : is it just people getting trigered on alternative, borderline or avoidable content or they are 100% correct
The reviews seem to say you wouldn't play the same game? I have no idea what you're asking with this. The game has not changed in its format, plot, characters, etc., since that part. (I mean, you have the same characters, not that nothing happens with them, ofc.) It's been the same game pretty much throughout, from what I can tell. Sandbox on board the ship, but otherwise it's more VN-style scenes with your typical menu choices. I don't have any idea what "wouldn't play the same game" means.

Reactions: Bill Temple

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
The reviews seem to say you wouldn't play the same game? I have no idea what you're asking with this. The game has not changed in its format, plot, characters, etc., since that part. (I mean, you have the same characters, not that nothing happens with them, ofc.) It's been the same game pretty much throughout, from what I can tell. Sandbox on board the ship, but otherwise it's more VN-style scenes with your typical menu choices. I don't have any idea what "wouldn't play the same game" means.
why speacking of gameplay and format when i ask if the review are due to people getting trigered by content ?
that was a very informative anwser on many subject i didn't ask though ... if it didn't seem like you anwsered with the intent to help, i'd think you're trying to make me drop the subject or iritate me for some reason i can't imagine ^^

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Not exactly sure what you mean about playing the "same game". I assume you mean that some people didn't love every plot development that's happened in more recent chapters. Readers have taken exception with different issues, so it's also hard to address generic "complaints". I didn't find anything unavoidable that ruined the game for me.

Kinks that I'm not into, such as traps and femdom, are totally avoidable and doing so won't block you from anything other than those kinks/characters. Some white knights don't like that the Captain is a human with flaws that can make suboptimal choices and may behave in a way that the player tells themselves that they wouldn't. Particular complaints I've read in that avenue are about the Captain and crew having to take some losses on their journey, as well as the Captain not always treating Lym like the precious pretty princess that those readers want him to. Also, some fragile players with expansive definitions of NTR (like another male character having ever spoken to "their" LIs) have baseless fears of new male crewmember.

Cryo's writing an actual story with plot developments that build tension and force characters to grow through adversity. That will naturally lead to characters doing things to which some Armchair Captains would think, "I'd never do that! I'd just Karate Chop every bad guy, and they'd all explode, and then the universe would be saved, then I'd kiss the girl(s), then the Galactic Council would unanimously vote me Emperor for Life, then I'd take my harem back to the palace and bang them forever and ever." If you like seeing characters overcome challenges that don't just resolve themselves, then you'll like what Cryo's doing. I think some of the reviewers that are complaining were hoping the entire game was just gonna be cruising around to different planets impregnating aliens like Cap did with Dragon Mommy.

You should play. It's even better than before.

Reactions: Dunner

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
My take is that he meant something like "going by what the current reviews are talking about, I wouldn't play this game" but English is probably not his first language lol
He probably doesn't like some of the recently added content and is wondering if it's optional or not.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
why speacking of gameplay and format when i ask if the review are due to people getting trigered by content ?
that was a very informative anwser on many subject i didn't ask though ... if it didn't seem like you anwsered with the intent to help, i'd think you're trying to make me drop the subject or iritate me for some reason i can't imagine ^^
Sorry if that came across the wrong way. What I'm saying is that I don't understand what is meant by that phrase. I suppose there will be people who dislike this content or that content, as always. Maybe some posted about those things in their reviews. But I don't remember ever playing an update and thinking that anything really changed about the game. :unsure: Did you mean what this post describes?
My take is that he meant something like "going by what the current reviews are talking about, I wouldn't play this game" but English is probably not his first language lol
He probably doesn't like some of the recently added content and is wondering if it's optional or not.
Yeah, that might be it. I literally was confused but trying to understand. I wasn't meaning anything antagonistic or similar.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
Not exactly sure what you mean about playing the "same game". I assume you mean that some people didn't love every plot development that's happened in more recent chapters. Readers have taken exception with different issues, so it's also hard to address generic "complaints". I didn't find anything unavoidable that ruined the game for me.

Kinks that I'm not into, such as traps and femdom, are totally avoidable and doing so won't block you from anything other than those kinks/characters. Some white knights don't like that the Captain is a human with flaws that can make suboptimal choices and may behave in a way that the player tells themselves that they wouldn't. Particular complaints I've read in that avenue are about the Captain and crew having to take some losses on their journey, as well as the Captain not always treating Lym like the precious pretty princess that those readers want him to. Also, some fragile players with expansive definitions of NTR (like another male character having ever spoken to "their" LIs) have baseless fears of new male crewmember.

Cryo's writing an actual story with plot developments that build tension and force characters to grow through adversity. That will naturally lead to characters doing things to which some Armchair Captains would think, "I'd never do that! I'd just Karate Chop every bad guy, and they'd all explode, and then the universe would be saved, then I'd kiss the girl(s), then the Galactic Council would unanimously vote me Emperor for Life, then I'd take my harem back to the palace and bang them forever and ever." If you like seeing characters overcome challenges that don't just resolve themselves, then you'll like what Cryo's doing. I think some of the reviewers that are complaining were hoping the entire game was just gonna be cruising around to different planets impregnating aliens like Cap did with Dragon Mommy.

You should play. It's even better than before.
ok, thanks for the acurate anwser to my vague worry ^^
though it seem i'm part of the "bad guy" that had preconceived idea and expectation about the game and i may be "disapointed" in some plot choice :S
i was totaly seeing the game as a happy go lucky travel through space while mc impregnate (or half kidnap) sexy aliens while treating lym like a princess and her more or less acting like one :X
though i won't spit on a story because it's not exactly the carbon copy of my expectation, though in a way i'm "disapointed" as a light story with a scifi setting was what i was looking when i came here in the first place (i still wanted some story and not just a "meet'n'fuck space cruise edition")

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
close enough we'll say , thanks for the tl ... i realy have difficulty writing in english ^^ (though i can realy have anything against content i didn't see myself)

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
ok, thanks for the acurate anwser to my vague worry ^^
though it seem i'm part of the "bad guy" that had preconceived idea and expectation about the game and i may be "disapointed" in some plot choice :S
i was totaly seeing the game as a happy go lucky travel through space while mc impregnate (or half kidnap) sexy aliens while treating lym like a princess and her more or less acting like one :X
though i won't spit on a story because it's not exactly the carbon copy of my expectation, though in a way i'm "disapointed" as a light story with a scifi setting was what i was looking when i came here in the first place (i still wanted some story and not just a "meet'n'fuck space cruise edition")
I tend to make jokes about the players that have strong expectations about the plot because some of them end up being very vocal and unreasonable. I also had some preconceived ideas about the game, but when I set them aside and read what Cryo created for us, I was more than pleased with it. I don't think the story is heavy or dark, but there have been some setbacks for our crew. I think those setbacks are preparing us for even more satisfying victories.

Reactions: ben akeba

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
Sorry if that came across the wrong way. What I'm saying is that I don't understand what is meant by that phrase. I suppose there will be people who dislike this content or that content, as always. Maybe some posted about those things in their reviews. But I don't remember ever playing an update and thinking that anything really changed about the game. :unsure: Did you mean what this post describes?

Yeah, that might be it. I literally was confused but trying to understand. I wasn't meaning anything antagonistic or similar.
i got an anwser from some one who got what i meant so it's ok and as i said i was pretty sure that a message with so much details on the game while beside the point for my question probably had no ill will (i still wondered a bit if i didn't get some troll T_T so i teased you to the best of my english writing ability that are seemingly far more limited than what i thought T_T)

• Red Heart
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
I tend to make jokes about the players that have strong expectations about the plot because some of them end up being very vocal and unreasonable. I also had some preconceived ideas about the game, but when I set them aside and read what Cryo created for us, I was more than pleased with it. I don't think the story is heavy or dark, but there have been some setbacks for our crew. I think those setbacks are preparing us for even more satisfying victories.
jokes were good and i took absolutely no offense even while being partialy targeted by some
i'll keep the game on my watch list but it seem like the mood is more serious than what i want at the moment
if you have an idea of something that is closer to what i'm looking for at the moment "happy go lucky space travel with a harem but still some plot just without "complication"
i've been reading quite a few heavy (sfw) story one after another and realy wanted to change the pace when i came here ^^

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
So, with the custom lib you don't need to do anything with the videos or make any changes to the original script. It significantly lowers the CPU needed to decode VP8/VP9 videos in Ren'Py.

My comment was that I did minimal testing with it, e.g.: copied the lib/ folder, launched game and tried a gallery entry until a video played. Depending on your toaster level you will still need to free up CPU if it's in use elsewhere.
Something in the game is in my machine making it lag in the animations, of course this from lag to some and for others goes well, sometimes there are games that is much heavier and the animations run without stumbling, and sometimes a game Lighter ends up due to something making it happen what happened to me, but it's just a matter of finding out what is causing it, as soon as I have a while I will find out what is causing it, without being in need of rushing with it, things Most important I have my life to do .... For an unfinished game a lot can happen, before I arrive at the end, and even there I will find out what is wrong .... even more.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Two questions
How do you start the sybil "pet" play?
And why was the orc orgy removed?
Just trying this vn for the first time. Really digging it so far (especially the maledom).

4.40 star(s) 142 Votes