GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
So you don't know anything about what actually goes on with releases, but instead of doing two minutes research to find out when the last updates were (this is the second since you "last checked" and the fourth in just over a year), or even asking the lazy "how often has this been updating?" question, you throw shade on the dev with no basis at all in not just one but two posts.
i'm far from lazy just sayin

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Ok, I am a little bit confused. So the game started out with sex scenes being optional, then I chose the VN mode and the VN mode said that:
Screenshot 2024-03-27 222410.png

Why are sex scenes no longer optional? Will they be optional if I choose sandbox?

Edit: ok, nevermind, I just tried the sandbox mode and you HAVE to participate in every single sex scene to advance the main plot. This really sucks. Unlucky.

Not sure what the point of these is:
Screenshot 2024-03-27 224111.png

If I HAVE to do it in order to progress the game. The start with optional sex scenes:

Screenshot 2024-03-27 224238.png Screenshot 2024-03-27 224310.png

Really baited me into thinking this is a game I want to play. Bamboozeled.

Last edited:

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
Ok, I am a little bit confused. So the game started out with sex scenes being optional, then I chose the VN mode and the VN mode said that:
View attachment 3484211

Why are sex scenes no longer optional? Will they be optional if I choose sandbox?

Edit: ok, nevermind, I just tried the sandbox mode and you HAVE to participate in every single sex scene to advance the main plot. This really sucks. Unlucky.

Not sure what the point of these is:
View attachment 3484256

If I HAVE to do it in order to progress the game.
You only have to complete the exclamation marked events, but even so...A lot of the scenes are mandatory, especially regarding Lym and Nyx. I like to weave sex into the main storyline, so it became harder and harder to make optional paths for avoid scenes (plus i think its lame to). Eventually when the game is complete there will be ways to skip sex or characters, but building out the story and girls is my priority now.

Sorry if that is ruining your enjoyment!

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
You only have to complete the exclamation marked events, but even so...A lot of the scenes are mandatory, especially regarding Lym and Nyx. I like to weave sex into the main storyline, so it became harder and harder to make optional paths for avoid scenes (plus i think its lame to). Eventually when the game is complete there will be ways to skip sex or characters, but building out the story and girls is my priority now.

i happen to enjoy your style

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
I don't have a problem with your game, obviously as the dev you can do whatever you want, it is your game after all. I just felt like I was baited and so I am disappointed. All I am saying is that when the game starts off with 2 sex scenes in a row being completely optional followed by a quote that says: ''Choices will still be available and optional scenes will remain optional'' seeing as how ALL the sex scene choices up to that point were optional it made a strong impression that the pattern will continue. Sex scenes becoming mandatory came out of the blue for me and as an unpleasant surprise. Maybe there could be a better way to communicate these things to the player before they get invested in the story, so that other players who are like me and do care about these things won't be disappointed, as obviously I have spent quite a bit of time reading and getting invested before I realized that this game is not for me. Otherwise good luck!

Edit:

Oh and:
you only have to complete the exclamation marked events
Exclamation mark does not appear until I complete all mandatory sex scenes around the ship with all characters.

Sylpharon

May 24, 2023
This game is one of the first games that introduced me to Ren'Py VNs and I love whenever a new update lands. Sometimes there is more "gallery moments" and sometimes it's more story oriented, and I am in for both of those. There is a change in having choices, but if in exchange we get more story then so be it. So at least for me the patch is great, same as it's very nice to see it's still being developed. I have a technical problem that started with newest version however.

After loading my latest save file ( at the end of 0.4.2), entire sound is gone. It's completely mute. I tried changing settings and checked system volume whether it's muted or not. Loading any other save file or starting anew doesn't work - it's also completely mute in main menu. Weirdly enough, I opened 0.4.2 that I had stored and sound is gone there as well.

After moving around the menu a bit, when entering Jukebox it doesn't play anything... But after forwarding any song I got this:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'float'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4543, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1179, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 53, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 770, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 936, in event
rv = d.event(ev, cx, cy, st)
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 507, in event
return self.target.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1569, in event
return self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1142, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1075, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "OppaiOdyssey-0.4.3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 379, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "python-packages/ost.py", line 321, in current_music_pause
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'float'

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
OppaiOdyssey 0.4.3
Wed Mar 27 23:55:09 2024

ForsakenOne323

Jan 17, 2024
The Android version crashes to desktop on the third screen of dialog. No transitions, no an8mations,just 3rd blurb of speech and CTD.

Feb 21, 2023
How do you unlock this last one ?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not so spoilery answer: don't try to do the right thing
bit more spoilery: maybe admiral Mars' offer has some extra benefits :sneaky: like that scene for example

Edit: Just wanted to say that the bit more spoilery option is probably the strangest mix of heart-wrenching and oddly satisfying game over path I have played in an AVN to date. I quite liked it :BootyTime:

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterNephilim

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
@cryoxxx

Hi, I havent had the luxury of late to play much of this for a while so am slightly confused about my game saves...

Could you posssibly take a look and see where I might be going wrong, as there doesnt seem to be much I can do ?

Thanks

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
@cryoxxx

Hi, I havent had the luxury of late to play much of this for a while so am slightly confused about my game saves...

Could you posssibly take a look and see where I might be going wrong, as there doesnt seem to be much I can do ?

Thanks
Will be late tomorrow before I can take a look, but I will.

Reactions: IXL
4.40 star(s) 142 Votes