Unity Orc Massage [v2023-07-11] [Torch Studio]

3.80 star(s) 58 Votes

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Oh my mistake then. I wonder though, why are the games bundled together on steam?
It's the same dev, he probably hired developers to help him after the first game.
Not to mention this game has the same art style, and is advertised on Last Evil's steam page.

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
It's the same dev, he probably hired developers to help him after the first game.
Not to mention this game has the same art style, and is advertised on Last Evil's steam page.
I was silently thinking as much while pointing out the evidence. Glad they are working with a team now, the quality sure shows. Not to say the animations for Last Evil are bad, but they sure are stiff and less emotive then those in Orc Massage.

Jan 15, 2021
Damn these reviews here on f95 are roasting the game to high heaven.
I wonder what those steam reviews look like...
(just looked)
"Very positive". I think the second heads are speaking and a peaking. :oops:
Steam reviews are worthless. Almost all games are very good or beyond that. If there are too many negative reviews a dev can just claim he's being review bombed, so most negative criticism is just deleted.

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
Maybe for a short time. But they usually "fix" it quickly. Of course also depends how dedicated the devs are.
Devs can't delete reviews themselves, they have to contact a steam moderator who might delete it if they deem it as spam unrelated to the product. I don't think Valve cares about deleting reviews for other companies though, otherwise Battlefield 2042 wouldn't have overwhelmingly negative reviews lol.

Now for review bombs, good or bad, you have an option in your preferences to include them in the review score you see across the platform. I also just discovered a curator on steam that tracks review bombs and gives context which is cool.

Reactions: Artix0

nicokira

Oct 26, 2019
I don’t understand why I changed the way I do massages frankly every time I update I have to adapt to a new system it’s swelling

Jan 15, 2021
Devs can't delete reviews themselves, they have to contact a steam moderator who might delete it if they deem it as spam unrelated to the product. I don't think Valve cares about deleting reviews for other companies though, otherwise Battlefield 2042 wouldn't have overwhelmingly negative reviews lol.

Now for review bombs, good or bad, you have an option in your preferences to include them in the review score you see across the platform. I also just discovered a curator on steam that tracks review bombs and gives context which is cool.
Was not implying they delete it themselves. They just ask a steam moderator who most of the time will do that. Valve wants to sell as much as possible, games getting negative reviews means less sales. Battlefield 2042 is a recently released game, they didn't have the time yet to manipulate the reviews. But you'll see in a couple of months it will be very positive. Just look at Fallout 76, its "mostly positive" on steam right now, despite still being a broken mess.

Also no you don't, some are outright deleted. There are cases where steam marks negative criticism as "off-topic" and some of those stay but they do not influence the overall rating, which is absolute hypocrisy. There are some literal walls of text on steam that negatively criticize a game but they're taken out because one or two sentences might be considered off-topic? What's the point of writing reviews at all then? How come I never see positive reviews being off-topic? Apparently you can only be positive, everything else gets deleted or marked as "off-topic." Considering you can write whatever the hell you want for positive reviews and it stays. Speaking of which, what about positive review bombs? What stops me from paying people to write my game positively on steam? That's right, nothing.

I would like to see the sponsor of this so called "curator" of yours. Face it steam is crooked and so are most game devs. Because they sell hype not quality these days.

Reactions: Onkin

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
Was not implying they delete it themselves. They just ask a steam moderator who most of the time will do that. Valve wants to sell as much as possible, games getting negative reviews means less sales. Battlefield 2042 is a recently released game, they didn't have the time yet to manipulate the reviews. But you'll see in a couple of months it will be very positive. Just look at Fallout 76, its "mostly positive" on steam right now, despite still being a broken mess.

Also no you don't, some are outright deleted. There are cases where steam marks negative criticism as "off-topic" and some of those stay but they do not influence the overall rating, which is absolute hypocrisy. There are some literal walls of text on steam that negatively criticize a game but they're taken out because one or two sentences might be considered off-topic? What's the point of writing reviews at all then? How come I never see positive reviews being off-topic? Apparently you can only be positive, everything else gets deleted or marked as "off-topic." Considering you can write whatever the hell you want for positive reviews and it stays. Speaking of which, what about positive review bombs? What stops me from paying people to write my game positively on steam? That's right, nothing.

I would like to see the sponsor of this so called "curator" of yours. Face it steam is crooked and so are most game devs. Because they sell hype not quality these days.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
*That review score setting does apply to the "positive/negative"% just to be clear. Anyone can be a curator, this is why you see so many meme accounts as curators. There are also more positive review bombs caught in Steam's off topic system then you might think, but it's still most likely underreported.

Now this part is my opinion. I'm in agreement that a lot of reviews on steam are crap but it's more to do with propaganda and acceptance of bad practices. Why expend time and resources on spamming takedown requests to steam when you can just have your userbase spam positive feedback through conditioning. Since anyone can leave a review on steam though, as long as you understand and take into consideration some of these points, you can still make use of the reviews on steam for information.

I understand the hate for crooked companies, I'm very anti-capitalist (seize the means of production! Bring out the guillotines! *cough*). There are plenty of reasons to hate scummy companies, like for the sexual abuse and terrible wage disparity. We don't need to make up more reasons to dislike them, they make plenty themselves. Just know this isn't "most devs" this is ceo's and suits that see games as a paycheck or investment rather than entertainment or art. Most devs are in the same situation as a lot of us, being shit on by crappy decisions made by clueless, talentless rich snobs. Not all games on steam are going to have this problem. There are still plenty of beautiful games being made by small indie devs out there, and there always will be.

I could ramble on about more nuanced thoughts on valve specifically, but this is ridiculously off topic. I highly doubt any of this is very relevant to most games on this site, let alone this small one.

Last edited:
Reactions: SinnedBad

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
I think the retail game was just updated to v09.02.2022. I came across it from another site.
I think that is the version that is here already. Op title should probably be updated to the new version number scheme. Currently there is a "?" for the version number on the op so they probably just didn't know what to do at the time.

Sorgath

Jan 15, 2019
But you'll see in a couple of months it will be very positive. Just look at Fallout 76, its "mostly positive" on steam right now, despite still being a broken mess.
Please ,have you even played F76? i have been since the launch , and it was shit back then , now it is actually quite playable and has quite long storyline and alot of sidequests etc , alot human npcs etc. Easy to beat up on fallout 76 since it was a horrible mess before , but dont say that BS now since its totally different game.

Apr 2, 2018
I'm confused, I keep getting C ratings on the first stage of the Elf even though all hearts are green. What the hell determines the rating?

Jul 16, 2018
Christ this game got realy bad. The last version I played was fun, but this is atrocious on so many levels.
The pictograms are horrible and don't explain shit.
The money making minigame is in the rhythm of the orc moving but not with the background music, so as soon as you perform an action it becomes hard to measure when the next click should come.
The normal massage is fine, but the body part massage? The pictogram "tutorial" isn't helping and I can't move the hand.

3.80 star(s) 58 Votes