Unity Our Apartment [v0.5.2.d] [Momoiro Software]

3.90 star(s) 12 Votes

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
It's very buggy, no tooltips, bad ui scaling, no ultrawide support, no hover-mouse effects, no explanations, random camera angles off-scene, missing models, checkerboxing artifacts, etc.

Things that can be fixed tho.

Reactions: splamo

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
It's very buggy, no tooltips, bad ui scaling, no ultrawide support, no hover-mouse effects, no explanations, random camera angles off-scene, missing models, checkerboxing artifacts, etc.

Things that can be fixed tho.
also makes my nvidia 980ti sound like its a damned plane taking off... maybe I should try and upgrade it soon, kinda skipped over gpu when I last upgraded my PCs parts (bloody crypto miners hogging the good g cards)

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
also makes my nvidia 980ti sound like its a damned plane taking off... maybe I should try and upgrade it soon, kinda skipped over gpu when I last upgraded my PCs parts (bloody crypto miners hogging the good g cards)
Might wanna adjust those fan curves, just gotta keep it within safe parameters. My 3080 is set to 60% at 60c, 80% at 80c, 90% at 90c. But never goes above around 76c at full usage.
Default curves just crank it to 100% at relative low temps.

Jun 21, 2018
As far as I remember it was the last "stable" running edition as (read changelog 1.9) 1.9 was a mess.

This seems to have been fixed mostly with the new version.
Haha, stable huh? I have a decent rig and I put the all the graphic settings on medium and the shit still wouldn't load, just kept freezing.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Might wanna adjust those fan curves, just gotta keep it within safe parameters. My 3080 is set to 60% at 60c, 80% at 80c, 90% at 90c. But never goes above around 76c at full usage.
Default curves just crank it to 100% at relative low temps.
actually monitered the g card usage while the game was running... 100%... literally topped out, heat hitting 90c easy, concerning as it's watercooled, gonna muck around with the settings a bit and see just what the hell is going on.

*Edit* played with the settings a bit, managed to deal with the g card (sorta)
Issues I still have : light of doom whenever a transparent piece of clothing is put on her
Unable to save
camara sometimes warps into the void after changing day (fiddling around eventually focuses back on Naomi... sometimes, but usually spells the end of the attempt to play, as none of the buttons work 70% of the time)

*edit 2* found settings that dont make my g card want to kill itself but still gives a good look (putting quality level to high is a insta 100% regardless of other settings)
settings.png

so yeah, it works, but still need to deal with some issues, saving, FPS counter where?, overall though considering this is a fairly early build, I will be keeping an eye on this for updates.

Last edited:

hukjuk

Apr 2, 2020
for some reason at some times of day i just have black screen i still interact with toolbox above its just that everything is black

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
Love the girl! How long is this game on its current version? I mean, regarding hours of play to reach its end

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
I think the issue with using high quality is (and note I say think) that it uncaps the framelimit, literally the only reason I can see for it to almost make a watercooled 980ti almost overheat (unfortunatly cant check as despite having a FPS Counter option, I cant see it anywhere in game), that or something has gone seriously wrong with the coding. I think on.. LOW low settings it might work on android, but wouldn't hold my breath on that... game needs a fair bit of A)Content, and B)Optimisation before they shold even consider porting it to mobile.

sacb0y

Hentai Game Artist
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Whoa what I stopped getting notifications for this forum! Uhhhh, there's a lot here...

EDIT: holy fuck 4 pages when did this happen!?

EDIT: Look at this... I thought this thread was quiet what the fuck.

1637650009301.png

And i have the thread on watch jesus.

1637650058218.png

sacb0y

Hentai Game Artist
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
cant even be turned of like film grain
There's a setting for it, if it doesn't work thats a bug.

I took a look at the version you guys have and the setting does work, but won't SAY it's off. This is a problem with some dumb old UI stuff I haven't gotten rid of cause I didn't want to take the time to completely remake the settings UI yet.

So know it works, try toggling it then closing settings and you'll see. Sorry for the confusion.

Can't customize the player, is it disabled or something
Sorry this is a bug that was missed (I haven people who test but I guess no one opened player customization), will be fixed in an update soon
Damn the german translations for the menus are terrible :D
Well it is autotranslation for now :p
My eyes... they burn...

View attachment 1512074

Also had a major glowlight effect (disabling bloom dealt with it)
View attachment 1512084
any advice?
Sorry, graphics error on my part, fixed already in later updates hotfix "f"
v0.2.6.f:
Please do me a favor and avoid publicly linking the dropbox links I give to supporters, I don't want a situation where dropbox starts bugging me over bandwidth, granted I should pay enough for that but I really don't know for sure. MEGA I don't pay for but I think that has bandwidth caps too.

Next release is for all platforms...

FPS counter is glitched in the version you guys have sorry about that. Unlocked frame rate can be a reason why things heat up, enabling vsync will force it down. I need to re-add the secondary manual FPS limit setting.

That said it does seem like there's a big performance difference between medium and high, so I'll double check on that.

Anyway android version performs fine as long as you're within the top 50 mobile GPUs, next release should be fairly stable besides some oddness with loading outfit items.

no ultrawide support
What happens here? Does it stretch? This has been an odd issue I only noticed recently where anything other than 16:9 gets stretching. I haven't figured out why yet. Ultra wide support used to not be a problem (people sent me screenshots), but it's not like it's something I can easily test for, or do so regularly.

Does the girl actually enjoy the sexy time? Every shot I have seen has the same blank expression, she looks like a zombie or a robot, though definitely a cute one. My rule is ladies first, so if she is just a cum dumpster, or having sex to pay the rent, that's no bueno. :unsure:
Expressions are dynamic it depends on what you do. It's affected my many internal conditions. Unfortunately we haven't been super clear about what triggers certain things.

Our Apartment 11_6_2021 9_25_43 PM_1.jpg
Our Apartment 11_10_2021 8_01_40 PM.jpg
Our Apartment 11_10_2021 7_28_20 PM.jpg
------------------
Usually, I don't expect stuff to get released here until I do all platform releases. And usually, the all-platform release is often after the most testing is done (cause the android release takes forever). A lot of the glitches posted have already been fixed.

I know development is slow, but that doesn't mean little work is done. There's so much in the background that I haven't been able to really show off yet. And practically rewriting the game this year probably makes all that worse. But most of that's over with and besides the announced changes I can focus on content, that said this project is still mostly one person and there's a lot to do even with the help I have and the fact I work on the game full time.

The lack of story is mostly cause the intro is kind of a big thing, and adding it in pieces doesn't make sense (It would lock out current content until releasing act 4). Once it comes it will come in a huge way all at once, and then in pieces after that. Everything I've been doing since the beginning of this year has been preparing for that.

Just wait and see I guess.

sacb0y

Hentai Game Artist
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
would there be body customization sliders for naomi?
No, its not intended to be that kind of game.

I may do it as a bonus down the line as it's possible, but thats not until the game is finished and still a maybe.

Reactions: bloodmane

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
I bought this game to show some support since I'm interested in it but I'd like to see more in the realm of activities and perhaps a studio lighting mode that removes the environment so people can take dedicated pictures of the character they customized in basic poses.

sacb0y

Hentai Game Artist
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I bought this game to show some support since I'm interested in it but I'd like to see more in the realm of activities and perhaps a studio lighting mode that removes the environment so people can take dedicated pictures of the character they customized in basic poses.
Thanks!

I intend to expand the pose mode more, removing the environment is already a feature though. Adding lights will likely become possible. I also intend to add effects and such.

I don't intend to just have a pose mode though, down the line I want it be more active. The reason is an SFW alternative to sex sim for long term plans. Something more like what i've seen in LoveR on switch.

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
There's a setting for it, if it doesn't work thats a bug.

I took a look at the version you guys have and the setting does work, but won't SAY it's off. This is a problem with some dumb old UI stuff I haven't gotten rid of cause I didn't want to take the time to completely remake the settings UI yet.

So know it works, try toggling it then closing settings and you'll see. Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry this is a bug that was missed (I haven people who test but I guess no one opened player customization), will be fixed in an update soon

Well it is autotranslation for now :p

Sorry, graphics error on my part, fixed already in later updates hotfix "f"

Please do me a favor and avoid publicly linking the dropbox links I give to supporters, I don't want a situation where dropbox starts bugging me over bandwidth, granted I should pay enough for that but I really don't know for sure. MEGA I don't pay for but I think that has bandwidth caps too.

Next release is for all platforms...

FPS counter is glitched in the version you guys have sorry about that. Unlocked frame rate can be a reason why things heat up, enabling vsync will force it down. I need to re-add the secondary manual FPS limit setting.

That said it does seem like there's a big performance difference between medium and high, so I'll double check on that.

Anyway android version performs fine as long as you're within the top 50 mobile GPUs, next release should be fairly stable besides some oddness with loading outfit items.

What happens here? Does it stretch? This has been an odd issue I only noticed recently where anything other than 16:9 gets stretching. I haven't figured out why yet. Ultra wide support used to not be a problem (people sent me screenshots), but it's not like it's something I can easily test for, or do so regularly.

Expressions are dynamic it depends on what you do. It's affected my many internal conditions. Unfortunately we haven't been super clear about what triggers certain things.

View attachment 1514930
View attachment 1514933
View attachment 1514935
------------------
Usually, I don't expect stuff to get released here until I do all platform releases. And usually, the all-platform release is often after the most testing is done (cause the android release takes forever). A lot of the glitches posted have already been fixed.

I know development is slow, but that doesn't mean little work is done. There's so much in the background that I haven't been able to really show off yet. And practically rewriting the game this year probably makes all that worse. But most of that's over with and besides the announced changes I can focus on content, that said this project is still mostly one person and there's a lot to do even with the help I have and the fact I work on the game full time.

The lack of story is mostly cause the intro is kind of a big thing, and adding it in pieces doesn't make sense (It would lock out current content until releasing act 4). Once it comes it will come in a huge way all at once, and then in pieces after that. Everything I've been doing since the beginning of this year has been preparing for that.

Just wait and see I guess.
Yes, it stretches. Unity is shit for ultrawide rly, as well as many other things.
3440x1440, had to put it in 2560x1440.

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
Thanks!

I intend to expand the pose mode more, removing the environment is already a feature though. Adding lights will likely become possible. I also intend to add effects and such.

I don't intend to just have a pose mode though, down the line I want it be more active. The reason is an SFW alternative to sex sim for long term plans. Something more like what i've seen in LoveR on switch.
Very nice, maybe also look into senran kagura reflections for what passes there too. That said, hoping those fx include being able to toggle different shaders or something too. I see a lot of fun to be had with this

3.90 star(s) 12 Votes