VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
let's hope not.
what we really need is someone that has access to their discord channel and see whats going on.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
incest or not, domination and corruption might get the stink eye from patreon already.

Heisenberg867

Jul 18, 2018
let's hope not.
what we really need is someone that has access to their discord channel and see whats going on.
I just checked CedSense's Patreon, and I was astonished to find out he's only pulling in $1,500 a month for this. Maybe that's part of the answer: it's not bad money, but it's a lot easier to understand lack of motivation when support hasn't grown as much as it could be.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

John-18

Mar 22, 2018
I just checked CedSense's Patreon, and I was astonished to find out he's only pulling in $1,500 a month for this. Maybe that's part of the answer: it's not bad money, but it's a lot easier to understand lack of motivation when support hasn't grown as much as it could be.
Only 1,500$ a month?? You have to be kidding me! How much does he think he will get for an unfinshed product every month? 100,000$?

Last edited:

215303j

Only 1,500$ a month?? You have to be kidding me! How much does he think he will get for an unfinshed product every month? 100,000$?
$1500 / month may seem like decent money, but if it's enough to support oneself (let alone a family) depends a lot on location and personal circumstances. Where I come from, $1500 is quite a bit below minimum wage. And if you have a job for minimum wage you'll also gets rights to a pension etc.

I have no idea about Cedsense's personal circumstances, nor if he still has some other job or not. As far as I recall he never complained about not getting enough money, so I guess that is not the reason for taking a break. So again, we need to read again what he wrote himself: "For several weeks now I have been ill and unable to work very much." And try not to speculate too much about possible other reasons for taking a break, let alone abandoning this game for good.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
please don't tell me this game is gonna die off
Well, Lack of communication, apologies and further delays. This is a pattern we already know from other devs who abandoned their games. =(
It amazes me how people ask if a dev has abandoned something despite the fact said dev already communicated barely a few weeks ago on their patreon account that they're ill and had to suspend their patrons from being charged for the month cause of that. Just scroll back one page in this thread and you'll see the post that someone already shared of that. Obviously, when they're feeling better and back to working on the game, there'll be an update. I'm more up in arms over the devs that engage in that behavior on a recurring basis rather than a one-off. How about those that go months and even a year or more without communicating with their patrons? Those are even worse than that if you ask me. Some of which went that entire time without having an abandoned tag added to their game on here.

For those too lazy to do the above scrolling back a page or two:

Unlocked

Hello everyone,
I know it has been quiet here on this page and even in general, for a few weeks now and I wanted to take a moment to explain why.
For several weeks now I have been ill and unable to work very much. This is why I have not posted anything.
I do apologize for my lack of communication, but was unsure what I would say as I have no clue when my illness will allow me to return to work on Our Fate full time.
At the same time, I didn't want to be too optimistic or too negative, not really knowing what to say, how to frame it, trying to avoid being too confident or too categorically pessimistic.
I didn't want to put this game on hold either. I really always intended and still do, to get back into it and finish it, of course. It's so important to me.
As a result of all this, I have decided to put the charges on your Patreon membership account on pause for the next period. No payment will be processed at the end of the month.
I hope that I will feel well enough soon to begin working again. I visited recently different professionals in hope to finally feel better. I will also endeavor to do more to communicate with all of you more often in the future.
I hope to resume my normal production rate as I already am starting to feel a bit better and also to put a term to this lingering feeling of guilt, from not working properly, that has been eating a lot at me.

I wish to thank you all for the amazing support, I never forget about you guys, I was just a bit lost about what to say and how to say it. Those personal matters are not really easy to talk about and I also know you've heard them many times as excuses, far too often.
That is why I will never take your support for granted and will try to do better next time.

I would wish to also apologize to people closer to me, with whom I work, for me disappearing a bit on them too. This was just not an easy few weeks. Thank you very much for being here.
I really hope to give more good news soon.
Cedsense

Last edited:

TimeToOilUp

Jun 22, 2018
I have high hopes for this game, and I just have to think that it's not dead. Turning off the patreon charges for one month definitely is a good sign. Let's just wait and see, there's no need for speculating so much. If I were the dev, it would piss me off to have that many negative opinions on this matter, even tho it's understandable given the many other bad examples on this page.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
we can only speculate. his response is that he need to recover. and he skipped 1 month to get money from his patrons.
so my estimate is 1 month late. meaning we will get the next release first week of august.
if not, and the dev has not posted anything, at that point we can start speculation if the game is abandoned.

Canes

May 27, 2018
Is it just me or does the writing take a nosedive after the intro? Can't believe what I'm reading, like it's written by a monkey. No sense of punctuation or sentence forming. Why is everyone *giggling*, *smiling* and *laughing* all of a sudden? What's with all the *thoughts* adding in the middle of sentences? What's with all the "..." instead of commas or period?

And people actually rate this 5/5 -- It's sad because it was doing so well.

Shuchetan

Aug 13, 2017
CedSense: Hi! I really wish that the game is completed instead of being on hold or abandoned. In my opinion, it is really one of the best games that I have played and I have played almost all good ones in this forum uninhibited by kinks involved. If this is not completed, it will be a travesty almost greater than "Dual Family". I didn't so much care for games like Big Brother being abandoned as I don't specifically like the grind but this game is a sincere effort to nullify Grind and keep the players hooked with a lot of substance in all the routes. It would be a serious heartache to see this go down with the light at the end of the tunnel shining like a dot but visible none the less.

Jul 7, 2018
There has been speculation here that Our Fate is abandoned. I chatted briefly with Cedsense just a few minutes ago. I just wanted to take the opportunity to let all the fans know that Our Fate is not abandoned. Cedsense has not been working on it but has been instead concentrating on improving his health. Our Fate is still his passion and he has every intention of completing the story when his health improves enough to allow him to concentrate on it fully. Cedsense will post a message on his Patreon page this weekend. He asked me to thank everyone for their support, it means more than you can imagine. Thanks

Last edited:

Shuchetan

Aug 13, 2017
There has been speculation here that Our Fate is abandoned. I chatted briefly with Cedsense just a few minutes ago. I just wanted to take the opportunity to let all the fans know that Our Fate is not abandoned. Cedsense has not been working on it but has been instead concentrating on improving his health. Our Fate is still his passion and he has every intention of completing the story when his health improves enough to allow him to concentrate on it fully. Cedsense will post a message on his Patreon page this weekend. He asked me to thank everyone for their support, it means more than you can imagine. Thanks
Please pass on my very best wishes for a fast recovery. He has indeed given us a very entertaining experience through from the first part release. I have always counted the days of the release of his work from when it was first released and want to convey my heartfelt gratitude to him. He can take all the time he requires to get back to health fully and he should not feel pressurized to deliver an update that he does not do justice to to make the timelines. This is his baby and every baby requires a lot of time and attention to cultivate and nurture into a mature and good person and the way he has worked on his baby, I'm sure if he keeps up, it will become the best game till date in this forum.

CedSense: Get well soon Bro and keep up the quality work. Don't stress on timelines so much that you jeopardize your health first and second the quality of the game. It Is a Masterpiece in the making I tell you. Get rest and relax a lot.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes