VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The dev's Patreon account still shows: 150 PATRONS & $628 PER MONTH. At the very least, the dev owes his patrons an explanation of WTF is going on and why and not continue to take their money for nothing. I wonder how many AWOL devs are truly sick or just sick of their game? :unsure:

Patreon should have a policy that requires the account holder to post at required intervals (at least every 30, 60, or 90 days?) or their account is automatically terminated. What do you think about this?
They actually do, but I think it's much longer than that. I believe mine went without posting (I had suspended all payments) for over a year before Patreon decided to "unlaunch" my page.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Heard from another dev that hes doing fine. He had some medical and family issues and money was tight for him for a bit but he is supposedly doing fine now, he just doesn't have the time or energy to continue the game. Maybe that will change in the future.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Heard from another dev that hes doing fine. He had some medical and family issues and money was tight for him for a bit but he is supposedly doing fine now, he just doesn't have the time or energy to continue the game. Maybe that will change in the future.
As long as he keeps pausing his Patreon, I'll stay a patron until he's in a position to return to the game.

Anon4990

Nov 12, 2016
If I'm not mistaken, this is going to be the third time this won't be paused.
I'm still holding the extremely naive hope that each time this happens they work on the game a little bit

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
if they can pause, they can also make 1 tiny post. 17 months without an update, this should be "really" abandoned 1 year ago.
but as long they receive funds they will keep pausing (and forgetting) until theres no more money to gain.
if you want the dev to start working, cancel your membership.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes