VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

elysium1988

Sep 21, 2017
Dang just finished the game without even knowing that it has been abandoned. Got me so involved only to be left hanging.. Lol.. Hopefully the developer hasnt fully abandoned it and completes it in the future if he can. A really good story and game.

Does anyone else know any similar corruption themed games which have darker paths.

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
The debate society in this thread is starting to be related to the speculative suggestions in
Do not write nonsense!
Cedsense honestly announced that due to health problems, the development of the game is stopped and it does not take money for the game.
Irphaeus constantly promises an update, takes money and does nothing.
How can you compare them?
People are simply interested in the health of the developer and the fate of the game, and no one here condemns the developer for his honesty.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Do not write nonsense!
Cedsense honestly announced that due to health problems, the development of the game is stopped and it does not take money for the game.
Irphaeus constantly promises an update, takes money and does nothing.
How can you compare them?
People are simply interested in the health of the developer and the fate of the game, and no one here condemns the developer for his honesty.
I'm not comparing devs comments about their games.
I'm comparing the speculation of F95 members about whether an update will arrive or not

Reactions: Hound_013

215303j

I'm not comparing devs comments about their games.
I'm comparing the speculation of F95 members about whether an update will arrive or not
While I understand that sentiment, I think this thread is not the right place for such a discussion.

I think it would be better in the General Forum section, in order to keep this thread a bit clean, to discuss the actual game instead of speculating about Cedsense or other devs. The last bit is not a comment about you but rather a general remark when I look at the last few pages of this thread...

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
While I understand that sentiment, I think this thread is not the right place for such a discussion.

I think it would be better in the General Forum section, in order to keep this thread a bit clean, to discuss the actual game instead of speculating about Cedsense or other devs. The last bit is not a comment about you but rather a general remark when I look at the last few pages of this thread...
Hit the nail on the head

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I was replaying this recently as I thought it was fairly well done and had a good subplot and pace. Sad that it has been abandoned.

Reactions: Moosexl

215303j

Any patrons know what he said in december? It seems like he was trying to resume this but it's behind a pay wall.
If you go back a few pages in this thread you'll find it.

I'm too lazy, but the basic idea is that he wants to get back to it once he feels better, but he is also having some difficulty due to being out of it for too long.

Anyway, it's not officially abandoned. The fact that Patreon wasn't pauzed this time may be a good sign. Or not, I don't know if you have to manually switch it off every month, or if it switches on automatically if you don't do anything.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
If you go back a few pages in this thread you'll find it.

I'm too lazy, but the basic idea is that he wants to get back to it once he feels better, but he is also having some difficulty due to being out of it for too long.

Anyway, it's not officially abandoned. The fact that Patreon wasn't pauzed this time may be a good sign. Or not, I don't know if you have to manually switch it off every month, or if it switches on automatically if you don't do anything.
It has to be manually paused every month.

Reactions: 215303j

pldmdfan325

Oct 27, 2017
this game was okay if you asked me. why is it abandoned i wonder
Ced had some health issues come up, and then had a hard time coming back. haven't heard since December, but Ced was pausing his patron every month. This month Ced didn't, but don't know why.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Their patreon not being paused this month may be a really good sign, or a really bad one. Or they just forgot to.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes