desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The text changes color based on what the character is currently doing.
If he is talking or thinking.

In the game options there is a function to change the text box, and you can remove the opacity of the box, choosing between 4 possible colors.

The next version will provide an option for you to be able to change the text color as well.

Thanks for the feedback.
Glad the option will be added.

I just want to make sure you understood the reason fory frustration.

Some people prefer to play with opaque text box so they can read the text more easily. If the font is black, a white text box makes it easier to read. If the text is white, we would set it to black text box. If it keeps changing colors...

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Glad the option will be added.

I just want to make sure you understood the reason fory frustration.

Some people prefer to play with opaque text box so they can read the text more easily. If the font is black, a white text box makes it easier to read. If the text is white, we would set it to black text box. If it keeps changing colors...

I understand, yes, you can rest assured.

I carefully read all feedback and try to do the best I can to improve, you will see from the comments that I have been striving to make the game more enjoyable, all these suggestions for GUI improvements are analyzed and if it makes sense, I will implement it for sure .

Thanks for your feedback.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
The Dev miss spelt Johnathan. How do you pronounce Jhonathan?

In people's names there are no rules for how they should be spelled or pronounced.

The character's name was originally chosen as Jhonathan, but I changed it to Jonathan because many people feel that the character's name should be pronounced the way their home countries usually spell the name.

This has nothing to do with it being spelled wrong, or the pronunciation being different.

It was the name I chose for the character, but it's such a small detail that I don't mind changing it.

Reactions: Commander Booty

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Here is my feedback.

The writing needs some work. I actually think the story is pretty interesting so far. It's a nice and simple set up that has the potential to develop into something interesting. However, the dialogues are super unnatural because of the language barrier. The writer cannot write realistic banter in English. That said, the "report typo" function is pretty ingenious. I don't think the script can be fixed purely by crowdsourcing typo reports, but it's a smart concept.

Hot models. Nice variety in looks. The entire game is quite stylish. There are some UI inconveniences, but you seem to be receptive to player feedback on that side.

Now the biggest issue. Linear sandbox. This is something that really perplexes me. Creating a sandbox/free-roamer should be a commitment. The player has to move around on the map, collect items, visit different areas, and advance through a weekly schedule. There should be a purpose to this sandbox. If every single location is empty except that one place you have to be at a certain time of the week, what exactly is the point of the whole system? Is it only there to give the illusion that the player is moving around the city?

When I say sandbox should be a commitment, I mean that it will take more time and dev resources to give a purpose to the sandbox system. Freedom to tackle different quests or advance different girls. Life sim systems like work and stats building. A lively world that feels alive. A story designed around exploration and/or conquest. Maybe some management systems. I'm not saying everyone will love all these gameplay elements, but at least they provide a reason for the game to be designed as a sandbox. Yes, it's much harder to code for all the variations and freedom while tying it together to some overarching narrative. That's why I'm calling it a commitment.

The empty and linear sandbox in this game is achieving nothing in terms of gameplay or narrative. That said, it's basically still at the introductory phase of the story. Maybe you plan to fill out the world so that people actually live in this city. If not, I would seriously consider just turning it into a VN. I'm not saying that as some blind sandbox hater. High Rise Climb is a great sandbox game. And there are many others that have a clear purpose to the sandbox.

I really do see the love and effort that went into this game though. Good luck!

CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
So the gym girl keeps referring to her "roommates", but I feel like they're more like sisters, as she claims responsibility for them, and then offers our MC the chance to date one...can their relationship be changed? :unsure:

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I constantly have to switch the text box color around, because it either has a black outline or a white outline around the text depending on if it's thought or speech. Please add settings for the text itself too, both for font size and outline thickness.

Reactions: OldHiccup

Moisan4

Jul 12, 2017
Anyone else had issues with bugs? I just started playing on the current patch 2.2.3 (new game) and trying to load old saves crashes the game. I also had an issue with the language changing while playing the game. I Checked language setting, they were correctly still on English. Closed and re-launched the game, that scene is still in another language.

OmegaLord

Jul 30, 2022
Yeah, the choice of how to show text is horrible and makes it hard to read to the point I start to feel eye strain which will lead to a headache.
White outline is very seldom a good choice, then going with a standard grey text when all the early elements it is against is grey scale is another questionable choice.
I can respect trying to be different but when it makes a bad product you need to question if it is actually worth it. Consider a solid colour text box if you really want to keep the text colours at least you then can control the contrast.

ATM I've got no intention of playing this game as I want to know the story, but am not willing to give myself a headache trying to read what that story is.
Sorry I don't have any positive points I can make atm but I am not gonna try to force myself to play the game to find them.

ziggystardustx

Sep 1, 2021
Yeah, the choice of how to show text is horrible and makes it hard to read to the point I start to feel eye strain which will lead to a headache.
White outline is very seldom a good choice, then going with a standard grey text when all the early elements it is against is grey scale is another questionable choice.
I managed to make it readable by hitting shift-a and selecting high contrast text. Definitely something that should be addressed by the dev though.

tanocapo

Sep 23, 2018
When i first met Norah in her house there is a dialog that changes between italian and english. Dev, could you please check?

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
When i first met Norah in her house, there is a dialog that changes between italian and english. Dev, could you please check?

Hello, my game has a system for you to post this kind of translation problem or language errors.

1682880872159.png

You can use this, or send me a print in private, and I'll see what might be happening.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
serious now :

i play all my games without a textbox (some games have this option some not)
so if i have to mod the screen and gui rpy´s , this additional stuff makes its harder
i get it that each dev has its own style/preference how it should look
i for myself prefer the clean simple "original" renpy text - and i think others too
so the option for this should be given imo
i good with modding this files and sometimes share them , but its "hard" sometimes to get rid of this additional stuff ;)
sometimes you just have to comment out a line , sometimes you have to replace a image ..

but i still like your games - so thanks for sharing

Reactions: qwsl and OldHiccup
3.90 star(s) 17 Votes