Our Home has two modes Free-roam (sandbox) and VN, which mode did you play in?

• Free-Roam (Sandbox)

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • VN (Linear)

Votes: 96 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
serious now :

i play all my games without a textbox (some games have this option some not)
so if i have to mod the screen and gui rpy´s , this additional stuff makes its harder
i get it that each dev has its own style/preference how it should look
i for myself prefer the clean simple "original" renpy text - and i think others too
so the option for this should be given imo
i good with modding this files and sometimes share them , but its "hard" sometimes to get rid of this additional stuff ;)
sometimes you just have to comment out a line , sometimes you have to replace a image ..

but i still like your games - so thanks for sharing

I listen carefully to all feedback from the community, and disabling the dialog is one of the options present in my game.

1682883364552.png

I already have plans to move this around, I have no interest in making it difficult for people to mod my game.

When I did that, it was inside the say due to a technical limitation, but I already figured out how to get around that.

If there's anything you think might be optional within the GUI let me know, it's almost always workable.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I listen carefully to all feedback from the community, and disabling the dialog is one of the options present in my game.

View attachment 2585369

I already have plans to move this around, I have no interest in making it difficult for people to mod my game.

When I did that, it was inside the say due to a technical limitation, but I already figured out how to get around that.

If there's anything you think might be optional within the GUI let me know, it's almost always workable.
well

you asked nicely :D

if the textbox is not shown - the outlines of the name and text settings
like what_outlines=[ (X, "#000")], who_outlines=[ (X, "#000")] (with or without drop shadows )
a slider/option
thats what i mostly edit for me :
no text/namebox ; outlines ; mc name color
and the quickmenu - i prefer it the "normal" style at the center bottom like this
screen quick_menu():

zorder 100

if quick_menu:

hbox:
style_prefix "quick"

xalign 0.5
yalign 1.0

if not persistent.pref_hidemenu:
textbutton _("Back") action Rollback()
#textbutton _("History") action ShowMenu('history')
#textbutton _("Skip") action Skip() alternate Skip(fast=True, confirm=True)
textbutton _("Auto") action Preference("auto-forward", "toggle")
textbutton _("Save") action ShowMenu('save')
textbutton _("Load") action ShowMenu('load')
textbutton _("Prefs") action ShowMenu('preferences')

and yes - i noticed that you respond to feedback well

unfortunately i cant you support with money (minimum wage worker - the times are hard)
but thanks again

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
if only more devs would give similar GUI options (and be that open-minded and nice in general), avn games would be much better place :BootyTime: you cant ever please them all, yet you can provide options to please vast majority:WeSmart:

side images, colored fonts, "hard" text boxes, enforced quick menus and so on so on...there is no limits for devs imagination what should have been put on the poor game screen:HideThePain:, while i also myself very much prefer as clean screen as possible.
lately in many games, unfortunately for me, the first thing upon starting to play it is to quit it and to mod it (to remove above mentioned "useful" things devs are putting in).

sometimes im joking that f95z needs a few more tags, gui related, just to warm people in advance such as "colored text", "side images", "hard quick menu shortcuts/icons" etc:BootyTime:
(few of those obviously are some people/devs favorite kinks, considering how touchy they become if someone complains in that regard:KEK:)

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
well
if the textbox is not shown - the outlines of the name and text settings
like what_outlines=[ (X, "#000")], who_outlines=[ (X, "#000")] (with or without drop shadows )
  1. This is already provided, whenever the opacity is close to 0, the texts have outlines

1682885142938.png
and the quickmenu - i prefer it the "normal" style at the center bottom like this
screen quick_menu():

zorder 100

if quick_menu:

hbox:
style_prefix "quick"

xalign 0.5
yalign 1.0

if not persistent.pref_hidemenu:
textbutton _("Back") action Rollback()
#textbutton _("History") action ShowMenu('history')
#textbutton _("Skip") action Skip() alternate Skip(fast=True, confirm=True)
textbutton _("Auto") action Preference("auto-forward", "toggle")
textbutton _("Save") action ShowMenu('save')
textbutton _("Load") action ShowMenu('load')
textbutton _("Prefs") action ShowMenu('preferences')

and yes - i noticed that you respond to feedback well

unfortunately i cant you support with money (minimum wage worker - the times are hard)
but thanks again
2 - I shouldn't give up using the quick menu, but I will put an option for you to define if you want the quick menu modified or prefer to use the original

but thanks again
3 - No problem, all help is a way to contribute, financially or otherwise.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
  1. This is already provided, whenever the opacity is close to 0, the texts have outlines

View attachment 2585495

2 - I shouldn't give up using the quick menu, but I will put an option for you to define if you want the quick menu modified or prefer to use the original

3 - No problem, all help is a way to contribute, financially or otherwise.
Screenshot_3.png

1. looks good , (but not enough for me) - what i mean is - more contrast maybe for the text , for the name its nice
(for example , a bright render , white text (i´ve seen enough of this at other games)

the report button - maybe in a corner (top right - noone looks there :D ) or at the quickmenu as a option, not an actual image - its distracting where its shown now ,imo

2. i´ve seen games where you can decide at the gamemenu what button is shown at the quick menu , thats maybe a thing to consider

and again - thats MY linkings - but i had some request for some games to make alterations (i making 0x52 URM tables , so sometimes this request comes along)
i am just try to tellling that some people are (incl me) are happy with a simple layout/gui

oh one more thing - where is the option for the cursor stored? i prefer the system cursor hehe - havent found it ...

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
1. looks good , (but not enough for me) - what i mean is - more contrast maybe for the text , for the name its nice
(for example , a bright render , white text (i´ve seen enough of this at other games)

the report button - maybe in a corner (top right - noone looks there :D ) or at the quickmenu as a option, not an actual image - its distracting where its shown now ,imo

That's the problem, if I put the report icon in a place that nobody looks at, what are the chances of the person finding out that the game has this feature? It slows down quite a bit.

This is my most important resource, considering that some people here have complained about the English, and well I don't have the financial conditions at the moment to pay a professional proofreader, and even when I paid they still complained about the English, and I chose to stick with one person who helps me a little with this, and even so, some still complain. haha

oh one more thing - where is the option for the cursor stored? i prefer the system cursor hehe - havent found it ...

About the cursor, it's something I can also leave optional, but it's in the default location options.rpy line 196

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

tanocapo

Sep 23, 2018
Hello, my game has a system for you to post this kind of translation problem or language errors.

View attachment 2585201

You can use this, or send me a print in private, and I'll see what might be happening.
Thank you for your reply. I needed to clarify that i'm using english and dialogs were in italian. Later, i will try to send the report!

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Our Home [v2.5.0] [Old Hiccup]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
...Since when is 6 feet the average height for a human?
Found that detail to be a bit strange, to be be pointed out in the dev notes . But it's not even accurate, average male height is like 5'8" of 5'9" and women are generally shorter so how did 6 feet become the average height for a "human being"? :WaitWhat:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: OldHiccup

SuperPerv96

Apr 21, 2018
Hey i read the overview of the game and the future tags, and theres on that says incest
Is there incest planned for the future with the MC's mom? has the MC already found his mom? if so could somebody share a picture of her with me? or tell me if she is the girl in the banner?
1683174747675.png

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Hey i read the overview of the game and the future tags, and theres on that says incest
Is there incest planned for the future with the MC's mom? has the MC already found his mom? if so could somebody share a picture of her with me? or tell me if she is the girl in the banner?
View attachment 2594547
The answer can be found very easily by using search. I will re-clarify my post, and more to the point you can actually customize the relationships how you see "fit". So, you can do what you want. I will let you take it from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperPerv96
Jan 2, 2022
The Future Tags have me excited. Specifically: Anal Sex, Bdsm, Creampie, Harem, Incest, Multiple Penetration, Pregnant, Oral Sex, Spanking, Vaginal sex, Virgin

Creampie, Harem, Incest, Pregnant are the 4 that I eagerly look forward to the most. (y):cool::giggle:

Reactions: JojodoLolo
Jan 2, 2022
Am I the only one weirded out about the timejumps?The MC goes from present day (18 years old) to an algebra class from 12 years ago, only to come back to the present and say it has been 6 years since then...
It is a typo. Instead of "12 yrs ago" it SHOULD read, "back when he was 12 yrs old." 18-6=12.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
OldHiccup

Hey Mate!

How do i change the relationship settings? I click on the edit icon and all i get is an infinete loop of images that are not skipable nor exitable, i can only close the game completly, there is no back to menu possibility.

Reactions: mofonistik
3.90 star(s) 17 Votes