VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes
Aug 27, 2021

Our Life: Baxter DLC Build 1.6.6B ☕ (PC, Mac, & Android)

as always, Baxter's not one to waste time. And neither are we apparently because the monthly beta build is already here!
Windows/Linux Download Link
Mac Download Link
Android Download Link
Important Notes To Play the Beta:
  • You access Baxter's Moments by clicking a yellow button on the righthand side of the Step 3 Moment selection screen. It's not a fully designed screen in this beta, it's got temporary assets
  • Baxter's DLC begins in the Step 3 opening. You can play from the beginning of the story until that point or start a new file and use an option at the start of the beta to skip right to Step 3
  • Save files from this beta won't work in other beta builds or the main game. You can load saves from the main game in the beta but you need to play Step 3 from the beginning to see the new content
New Content:
  • The entirety of a new Moment- Drinks
  • 26,000 new words overall
[There is some art missing during this Moment. In the final version it'll have some cut-in images. You can probably tell where they're meant to appear, haha]
We're at 3/5 Baxter Moments done. It's all coming together quite well. I feel like Step 3 is gonna be finished before we know it. And I'm happy people have enjoyed hanging out with the B-man so far. Hopefully this latest outing will be rated highly as well
omg im naming my child after you tysm

Reactions: laserjet28

BorgleButt

Apr 17, 2019

as always, Baxter's not one to waste time. And neither are we apparently because the monthly beta build is already here!
Mac Download Link
Android Download Link
  • You access Baxter's Moments by clicking a yellow button on the righthand side of the Step 3 Moment selection screen. It's not a fully designed screen in this beta, it's got temporary assets
  • Baxter's DLC begins in the Step 3 opening. You can play from the beginning of the story until that point or start a new file and use an option at the start of the beta to skip right to Step 3
  • Save files from this beta won't work in other beta builds or the main game. You can load saves from the main game in the beta but you need to play Step 3 from the beginning to see the new content
New Content:
[There is some art missing during this Moment. In the final version it'll have some cut-in images. You can probably tell where they're meant to appear, haha]
We're at 3/5 Baxter Moments done. It's all coming together quite well. I feel like Step 3 is gonna be finished before we know it. And I'm happy people have enjoyed hanging out with the B-man so far. Hopefully this latest outing will be rated highly as well
Thank you once again, Thomas1999.

NaniMaster242

Jun 8, 2020

Mac Download Link
Android Download Link
New Content:
download.jpg

Reactions: Kyoko413

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
OurLifeBeginningsAndAlways-1.6.6b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Need help or have questions? Let us know here, or join us on !
, . Peer issues? Look here.​

Koburo

May 30, 2017
there should be more than one romatic interest
There are 3 romantic interests, but the game focuses heavily on your childhood friend no matter which one you pick.

Kind of a bad game design choice, since the other two just aren't there in most events.

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
There are 3 romantic interests, but the game focuses heavily on your childhood friend no matter which one you pick.

Kind of a bad game design choice, since the other two just aren't there in most events.
The game was originally made with only one love interest, with the other two just being side characters, but due to popular demand they made the other two love interests as well.

Koburo

May 30, 2017
The game was originally made with only one love interest, with the other two just being side characters, but due to popular demand they made the other two love interests as well.
I know they are being added over time, but even on the earliest version I've played there were already tabs with locked images on the gallery for the two other guys, which make me believe their DLCs were planned since the start.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
I know they are being added over time, but even on the earliest version I've played there were already tabs with locked images on the gallery for the two other guys, which make me believe their DLCs were planned since the start.
The game has been a thing for a while now, and the characters even longer they you'd think.
Just look at the new game. Only a beta of the prologue, and we have Step 3 sprites at the ready.
IIRC they were also part of the Kickstarter as a goal (or at least it was more ROs, even if not D and B.)

ggezwux

Jul 30, 2021
looking at the stretch goals, baxter and derek were not apart of them and probably were already planned but they were planned as side love interests. cove is the main love interest, he's the main character; this is his game, obviously he'd have the most focus.

EDIT: also no, if you play baxter and derek's dlcs in what way is Cove the main focus in those anymore? cove may appear in some of them and be mentioned but that's by a default, he's not taking away baxter and derek's spotlight in their own dlcs.

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
To be fair you'll probably see the same with the new game as well. You'll probably see Qiu and Tamarack as the main focus of the game as they are the two primary love interests/main friendships of the game. The author may change it up this time though, who knows? But there's no need to change the recipe if it was already a huge success right?

Reactions: K00i and Koburo

qwertdiocane

Dec 24, 2020
Are there any other games similar to this one? I love character customization and wholesomeness, possibly with more sexual content.

ammyn

Sep 2, 2017
Not that I know of, but it will be a feature in our life 2.
I'm actually really interested in seeing how that will go... I've only seen a few games with possible romance routes write jealously properly, without it feeling like "obligatory teenager movie drama moment".

Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018
Is there a way to make Cove, Derek or Baxter jealous?
Sadly there is no such drama or nuance in this game. The love interests always correspond exactly to how protag is feeling towards them and you can only be in love with one.

ammyn

Sep 2, 2017
may I ask for the names of those few games?
Mm...
If you want a game with excellent writing around people's lives, go for White Album 2. It's a classic.
If you want something far more light hearted and a lot shorter for each route, maybe try Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side Premium : 3rd Story for PSP? There's an actual "love triangle" jealously/harmony meter in game, if you choose to go down that path, and I find that the code is very reactive to a lot of things the player does, which is quite impressive for what was originally a DS release. The writing is no Clannad, but the game itself is a lot of fun imo, and there is plenty of drama to be found.

Reactions: 2B9SA2 and Luunar
4.70 star(s) 25 Votes