TheMarquis

Jan 29, 2023
Ah, it's that scene! It was just a bug then, since I have it.. I simply didn't save after 'cause I guess that scene is gonna lock any future content with her.. same with Minerva, is the scene in her office? In that case I have that too, but from the blurred preview I thought it was someething on the phone.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Can someone help me with a tutorial on how to win the MMA Tournament, i cant seem to figure it out?
If you went grapple here is how you win :

First Round:
Guard > provoke >Grapple on the counterattack >Trip or Throw >Secure the position > Go for a Choke >Squeeze > Tie him up.This results in taking one minor ht in the last 30 secs before the round ends.

Second Round:
you get clobbered in the opening no matter what you pick,I usually pick block because it looks like you take the least damage.Attack > Grapple > Trip him > Pin him Down > Pin him Down (again) > Go for a Choke > Keep Squeezing > Keep Squeezing !(again).

You can do it all with only Athletics

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Can someone help me with a tutorial on how to win the MMA Tournament, i cant seem to figure it out?
You can win in two ways. The first is through jiujitsu and strength. For this it is best to exhaust the opponent as much as you can in the first round and in the second round win by submission.
screenshot0010.png
screenshot0009.png
For the second you need to have kickboxing at a good level and keep the fight standing and use counter attack, make sure you have some jiujitsu if the fight goes to the ground. If you did everything right eventually the final counter attack option will appear and you will be able to knock him out.
screenshot0012.png

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So is fighting not RNG but its fixed what ur supposed to do to win it?
Kinda lame if it is
First 2-3 moves in each category have outcomes based on characters' attributes and state (damage, exhaustion etc). If you keep spamming the same thing, it eventually becomes RNG.

And it's quite the opposite imo -- it'd be lame if the outcome was decided by RNG, meaning it wouldn't matter at all what you did.

Reactions: fatpussy123

varpep

Feb 22, 2020
I'll try and simplify this as much as possible. In the game, you can choose between two disciplines to specialize in. These are Juijitsu(Grappling and Wrestling) and Kickboxing(Striking). Alternatively you can make a well rounded fighter that excels in both disciplines. This is what we'll be attempting to do in this walkthrough.(All of this was tested on the normal difficulty).

Important choices to select during the game:

Chapter 1:

When sparring with Jeremy:select "let's go again".

When Wen offers grappling tips: "Teach me some grappling".

First fight with Robert is optional but you can get some xp in Athletics if you win it which in the long run will contribute to Ian gaining the fit status(This improves your cardio and unlocks some other options in the game).

To win the fight, select "low kick".

Chapter 2:

When offered more training by Wen: "I'll give it a try".

Chapter 3:

When training with Wen, select: "Mentality>Let's try it again!>parry>Make him lose his balance>Kick the legs!"

Chapter 4:

When asked about joining the tournament: "Sounds interesting".

Chapter 5:

When asked to focus on a discipline: "Stick with kickboxing"
Do the drill when asked by Yuri. To complete it select: "Left jab>Right cross>Left hook" then "Jab>Jab>Uppercut>Left hook"

If you have done everything correctly to this point, your Kickboxing should be at 3 and Juijitsu at 1.

Chapter 7:

When at the cafe you can pick "Spend more time at the gym" if you are not going to the convention with Holly or you have a will point to take and additional task. If not, feel free to pick any other option.

Second fight with Robert is optional (You get this if Robert has slept with Lena at least once). To win the fight select "Guard up>Evade>Low kick>Guard up>Evade>Punch".

Chapter 8:

In fight with Milo pick "Throw him".

Chapter 10:

You cannot win the sparring session with Jeremy but performing well increases for athletics and Jiujitsu and Kickboxing skills. Select "Provoke>Guard up>Strike> Guard up> Strike" for the best outcome.

Pick "Go to gym". It's worth winning the wrestling match against Ivy. To win pick "Hip escape> Squeeze tighter".

If you have done everything correctly up to this point, your kickboxing and jiujitsu should both be at 4.

Chapter 11:

Enter tournament (Will need to pay 1 cash).

Focus on mastering striking (Will need 1 will point).

Chapter 12:

If you have done everything correctly up to this point, you will have max kickboxing(6) and decent Jiujitsu(4).

First fight:

There are two rounds in this fight. Each 3 minutes in length. We will be attempting to win this fight in the second round by submission to max out our Jiujitsu stat.

For the first actions pick "Guard up>Guard up>Kick". This sequence will always remain constant.

The clock should be at 2:00. The next sequence is usually random so I'm gonna put the images down of each possible sequence and what to select.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The clock should be at 1:30 now. Pick "Provoke>Grapple>Trip him>Secure the position>Go for a choke>Squeeze". The first round will end and you'll be winning comfortably on points.

Start of second round, pick "Dodge>Block" then "Attack>Grapple>Feint and shoot>Pin him down>Go for a submission". And Viola! You will win the fight by submission leaving you with max stats in Kickboxing(6) and Jiujitsu(5) :D.

I'll be updating this in the future if anymore fights are added in the next updates.

edit: you could also just edit the values using console commands or urm. The values you are looking for are "ian_athletics, kickboxing and jiujitsu".

Last edited:

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
I don't like being that guy but screw it, anyone have a good idea with the development cycle when the update with Lenas pov could potentially release around?

Reactions: Balsamic
4.60 star(s) 320 Votes