lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
Just saw her give an update on Patreon. She's wrapping up her revision of Chapter 7, and the last two chapters should be quicker because there's less stuff to edit. She'll do some testing afterwards and then release it. According to her, probably not out by the end of the month. To me, sounds like it'll be early April at best.
and the steam version too?

kacas

Mar 14, 2020
Just saw her give an update on Patreon. She's wrapping up her revision of Chapter 7, and the last two chapters should be quicker because there's less stuff to edit. She'll do some testing afterwards and then release it. According to her, probably not out by the end of the month. To me, sounds like it'll be early April at best.
can you share the post here?

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Will there be an alpha and a beta this time too?

punisher33

Feb 7, 2020

Hi everyone,
this past week I've been laser focused on development, so much so I find it hard to take some energy and time to write an update, which means I end up postponing it.
I feel I'm definitely getting my mojo back, and though I'm finding some tasks more challenging that I anticipated, I've been taking care of them slowly but surely. Right now I'm going over each chapter re-writing and restructuring everything that needs to be touched, cleaning up and improving things here and there, and making a complete overhaul of how the stat system is implemented, which until now was rather messy. I'm finishing reviewing chapter 7, and 8 and 9 should be way easier (less stuff to retcon).
I keep adding some new art here and there, and I can't stop to find things that could've done better, but I need to draw the line at some point. I'm already taking way longer than I originally wanted and I could polish the game in a ton of areas, but I can't wait to be done with this whole review process so we can move forward to Chapter 10.
It's time all the pieces start falling into place and complete this whole process, but I'm not sure I will be able to deliver at the end of the month, though that was my initial goal. After all my work is done, thorough testing will be needed to make sure everything works as intended and I didn't mess the plot continuity in some way, and that might take some time due to how complex the internal logic of the branching plot is.
Not getting paid last month surely lit a fire under my ass and I really hoped to have everything ready at the end of the month, but since that won't be the case, I'm not sure if I should do the same this month and pause all payments. Not getting paid two months in a row could be pretty painful, but I want to be fair with the value I deliver to you guys. So let your voices be heard in the poll below and I will go with what you guys feel is fair!

What'sNew

Oct 20, 2021

Hi everyone,
this past week I've been laser focused on development, so much so I find it hard to take some energy and time to write an update, which means I end up postponing it.
I feel I'm definitely getting my mojo back, and though I'm finding some tasks more challenging that I anticipated, I've been taking care of them slowly but surely. Right now I'm going over each chapter re-writing and restructuring everything that needs to be touched, cleaning up and improving things here and there, and making a complete overhaul of how the stat system is implemented, which until now was rather messy. I'm finishing reviewing chapter 7, and 8 and 9 should be way easier (less stuff to retcon).
I keep adding some new art here and there, and I can't stop to find things that could've done better, but I need to draw the line at some point. I'm already taking way longer than I originally wanted and I could polish the game in a ton of areas, but I can't wait to be done with this whole review process so we can move forward to Chapter 10.
It's time all the pieces start falling into place and complete this whole process, but I'm not sure I will be able to deliver at the end of the month, though that was my initial goal. After all my work is done, thorough testing will be needed to make sure everything works as intended and I didn't mess the plot continuity in some way, and that might take some time due to how complex the internal logic of the branching plot is.
Not getting paid last month surely lit a fire under my ass and I really hoped to have everything ready at the end of the month, but since that won't be the case, I'm not sure if I should do the same this month and pause all payments. Not getting paid two months in a row could be pretty painful, but I want to be fair with the value I deliver to you guys. So let your voices be heard in the poll below and I will go with what you guys feel is fair!
Thanks for sharing the update. Much appreciated.

I will definitely miss the old writing. With such heavy changes Im sure some old interactions will be changed/left out. What's more the change might not stop here. Eva might deem the new stuff unworthy of her standard and change it in the next revision. Will keep my old copy of v0.9 final lol.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
What a nice Dev she is! Thinks about pause the payments 2 months in a row. If I compare it with other milking Devs and their tiny updates after 5-6 months (or more!). My oh my, Eva is one of the best surely! :love:

Last edited:

sliszt2

Aug 16, 2018
After all my work is done, thorough testing will be needed to make sure everything works as intended and I didn't mess the plot continuity in some way, and that might take some time due to how complex the internal logic of the branching plot is.
If Eva wants to accelerate this process, she could send the first 7(or less, as long as they are finished like she said) chapters to the testers now while working on the last 2 chapters, instead of starting the whole testing after finish all the stuff. Based on her tone, I'm sure Eva also wants to end the overhaul as fast as possible and start moving forward, so this may help save a bunch of time.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Echbert

eljam

Nov 27, 2018
Even if I also find the time very long and I really want to play the new version of the game.
I think that if she released the redesign piece by piece, she would complicate the task even more and that we would eventually have a new redesign that would take even more time.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Echbert

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
What i want more from this overhaul is the work become less burden after that. I don't mind if updates now take 4-5 months because the number of branching and variables. What can't keep happen is Eva feel burnout after every single update. This is only will fucked up her physical and mental health. So, i hope the ch 10 development can be more smooth doesn't matter how much time will take.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes