RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Let’s see if the rewrite brings us good change on this front, comrade.
Regarding Louise, with the writing so far it feels like Lena is takin advantage of her neediness. Now, I’m all for playing for playing the villain, but the hypocrisy of Lena revealing Jeremy’s sidequests to make Louise drop him, get her isolated with no other friends but Lena, and then have sex with her sounds like textbook abuse 101, and not at all written like evil route.
Yes, Louise is needy, but that’s what makes the character compelling to explore, at least for me. Well, that, and the whole short red hair and choker, so I may be bias.
Hey it would make a good change of pace if Lena could actually go evil route instead of simply being in a corrupted/non corrupted route. But i won't hold my breath expecting something like this because i know that would be another huge mountain of work for the developer team. :)

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Hey it would make a good change of pace if Lena could actually go evil route instead of simply being in a corrupted/non corrupted route. But i won't hold my breath expecting something like this because i know that would be another huge mountain of work for the developer team. :)
For Lena to go evil, and for it to make sense in the narrative, it would have to extend to all interactions and routes. I don't think that's realistic.

Lena can make some bad choices. She can be quite cruel to Stan (we'll see if that changes) and she can steal from the cafe. She can also appear uncharacteristically manipulative on the Jeremy route if it's coupled with Ian's, telling him to keep their affair secret to Ian, basically making it a reverse corruption route towards Jeremy.
If all of these instances could be knitted together with added interactions for other charatcters I could see evil Lena as an option.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Lena can make some bad choices. She can be quite cruel to Stan (we'll see if that changes) and she can steal from the cafe. She can also appear uncharacteristically manipulative on the Jeremy route if it's coupled with Ian's, telling him to keep their affair secret to Ian, basically making it a reverse corruption route towards Jeremy.
If all of these instances could be knitted together with added interactions for other charatcters I could see evil Lena as an option.
Lena is quite evil in Mike's route, where she takes pleasure in making him cheat, and making him admit that she's better than her. All that to satisfy her wounded ego. I bet she'd like to fuck him in front of his poor GF for the ultimate humiliation.
Sadly the lesbian side here is weak as fuck so I don't hold out much hope so i'm setting Ian up with Emma because she's awesome and Lena i've just got fucking Louise.
You don't like the sweet Lena x Holly romance (or the kinkier variant with Ivy in the mix)?

• Haha
Reactions: Echbert

Chuck123321

Jun 4, 2019
Hi guys, I guess this question has already been asked a thousand times but being that lately for work I can hardly follow the forum, could you tell me about when the remastered version 0 9 will be released?
Do you know if it will include new scenes ?
Thanks in advance for who will answer

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
evil lena would be cool but the problem is even if you take all evil lena dialog options she sometimes still has sympathy or tought about ian or other cheracter that dont fit her personalitie and if other cheracters hate you they act the same which is a bit weird too sometimes:( evil lena would be hot espacially if she can be manipulative or corrupt holly even if she is together with ian or do other intrigues and other thinks with ivy together evil lena could have some cool interactions and competition too if cindy is in a love relationship with ian i could imagin some nice corruption or intrigues on that path too would be so hot the lena cindy competition with axel or ian depends which path you play :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You don't like the sweet Lena x Holly romance (or the kinkier variant with Ivy in the mix)?
Holly is adorable but they have barely done anything yet so i'll have to wait and see what happens.

I'd love Ivy as a LI, Jess was my fave from GGGB and they are similar, but we'll see.

It's just been a weak route so far. Lena isn't anywhere near as fleshed out or as interesting a character as Ash was and it does feel like Ian has the better group of people.

It suffers from multi protag syndrome in that the more protags there are the more watered down they feel.

GGGB had 1 and was completely open and all characters were really well done. It's not the games fault really, I just don't like Lena very much. Weird as a lesbo to prefer the male side of the game.

The_Searcher

Dec 30, 2019
Let’s see if the rewrite brings us good change on this front, comrade.
Regarding Louise, with the writing so far it feels like Lena is takin advantage of her neediness. Now, I’m all for playing for playing the villain, but the hypocrisy of Lena revealing Jeremy’s sidequests to make Louise drop him, get her isolated with no other friends but Lena, and then have sex with her sounds like textbook abuse 101, and not at all written like evil route.
Yes, Louise is needy, but that’s what makes the character compelling to explore, at least for me. Well, that, and the whole short red hair and choker thing, so I may be biased.
This reminds me a gameplay where I decided that Lena will have a fully commitment relationship with Louise (so fully loyalty with her, no other relationships, etc...) and surprise, in the last chapter it doesn't matter what I did because Lena out of nowhere rejects Louise and the game doesn't offer another option, it's the same result. I don't know... Maybe offer an option with the hearth icon to advance the relationship or at least an option that don't reject Louise (or at least put an option with an viable excuse or something similar)?

It's the same with the Ian x Holly path... In the first serious scene between them after Holly asks I missed an option to fully commit with her. It's all Ian excuses that he doesn't want start a relation again, he want to go slow, etc... Excuse me, I'm the player and I would be the one to make or not that choice, not Ian. I think that's a normal thing with a visual novel with decisions and the characters we control.

At the same time, which I don't understand, in another Ian routes you have fully commitment choices, for example with Alison... And even with Cindy, wich is a route more complex. But with Holly seems it's not the case. My favourite female character of the game and I cannot fully commit with Ian yet.

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017
Hi guys, I guess this question has already been asked a thousand times but being that lately for work I can hardly follow the forum, could you tell me about when the remastered version 0 9 will be released?
Do you know if it will include new scenes ?
Thanks in advance for who will answer
From Eva Kiss' last Patreon update, it sounds like she's currently doing extensive bug testing and last minute technical fixes. So the revision will come out relatively soon, depending on how many bugs or issues there are. There will reportedly (courtesy of BloodyMares) be new scenes and changes to some old scenes, with timeline changes and updated art.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
I know the revamp is going on but will the whole 9 revamped chapters be released in one go, or be spaced out like new releases?

Also, when is the approximate ETA?

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
OMG, that's not the Eva we knew before chapters 3-4. After this things escalated heavily. Is it the multi protag problem or what is it?
Complex games are complex to made. That should be no surprise. That's the price to pay to have a game where different routes have actual consequences (and banging girl x and y have z reaction, not just going on as if both were separate routes).

I have no problem with updates being a bit more scarce than before, because the payoff is that much better too. Chapter 8 and 9 took more time but were among the best I've played in a VN. I'm very excited with the "remaster" too. It's gonna be fresh enough that it'll feel "new" to play. And I'm sure that time taken to wrap everything better has helped Eva with the narratives she wants to develop next.

Tallyhoe

Feb 21, 2019
OMG, that's not the Eva we knew before chapters 3-4. After this things escalated heavily. Is it the multi protag problem or what is it?
She most likely doesn’t plan ahead so when the storyline gets bigger with more routes intertwine, she get writer’s block and burn out. Hence, rewrite, revamped, retcon whatever you wanna call so she can move forward. It’s gonna happen again eventually.

Nov 15, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I like the fact that Lena (or Ian, for that matter) can make distinctly bad or immoral choices, but I prefer playing them as good characters at heart who just ends up making bad choices, rather than them just being… evil.

I think some of the current scenes belong more to the former category, and some to the latter. When Lena steals from the café or treats Stan badly, it feels like she's just being cruel; Stan didn't do that much to deserve it, and Ed and Molly haven't done anything aside from struggling to keep her hired because they don't make enough money. She seemingly does it because her conscience doesn't tell her otherwise.

It feels like the pleasure she takes from making Mike cheat, is linked to her anger with how Axel treated her, like some sort of coping mechanism. But that's not very present in how it's portrayed, so overall that also comes across as a bit conscienceless. I’m not sure how Lena would react if she ever met Mike’s girlfriend (which may or may not happen in the future), but it surely would make it harder to rationalize the fact that there’s a victim she’s hurting in the process.

Her involvement with Jeremy is a bit of both; at first she just ends up seeing him and Louise fuck, and the blowjob at Ivy's place also feels more like a person doing a shitty thing without neccessarily being a bad person. One thing leads to another, the limits are gradually pushed. But then she sneaks into Louise's room and is all "rise and shine, sir, I'm here to suck your dick," and seems pretty devoid of guilty conscience. The fact that she's trying to hide that and the blowjob from Ian, on the other hand, is easier to understand. You fuck up, don’t want to confront it, and instead end up getting tangled into a net of lies.

Still her sex scene with Axel, if she’s in a relationship with Ian, is probably the best example of a horrible action from a not necessarily horrible person (though the lack of consent in that scene makes Axel way worse than Lena). It’s a complete fuckup straight after she told Ian she wants to be with him, but she absolutely hates herself for it afterwards.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes