Nov 15, 2020
Do people really care that much about sounds / music in an h-game? It is usually some ambient tone, which does not match with the story at all I almost never play any game with sound (except for LiL, because it is more or less impossible to beat the game without audio). Spending 500 - 1k on tracks seems counterproductive tbh, especially when there are millions oftracks online requiring no copyrights.
I almost always mute it when I play. It's not that the sound design is done poorly, it's just that it would take an insane level of job to customize it for the game instead of throwing in some cheap or free tracks and a small list of various background sounds. I tried playing with sound on in chapter 9 for the first time in a long time, but when I hear the sound of the ice in Seymour's whiskey, I just hear "ice_in_glass_1.wav"; or when Lena's moaning I just hear "woman_softly_moaning_3.wav".

For it to really reach a level where it adds something to the game, Eva would have to make an absolute fortune. Ideally she could hire someone for the general sound design in addition to different voice actors to make the sex sounds for each character, but that's obviously completely unrealistic.

Tallyhoe

Feb 21, 2019

so going over everything would take a crazy amount of time... That's why I didn't.

I find a lot of clumsy dialog or poorly implemented ideas or mechanics. But this revision has taken way too long and it's time to call it done.
I don’t know how I feel about this. Given how long she’s been revamping stuffs, might as well go for it in one go and be done with it so she can move forward without looking back. It has taken this long anyway, doing it half measured might come back and bite her later.

With this approach, she‘s inevitably cornering herself into another corner. I suspect she’ll find the unresolved idea frustrating and then they will block her again. And yeah, another revamp.

but I understand why she’s pushing for release asap from financial and pressure point of view.

Apr 21, 2020
Do people really care that much about sounds / music in an h-game? It is usually some ambient tone, which does not match with the story at all I almost never play any game with sound (except for LiL, because it is more or less impossible to beat the game without audio). Spending 500 - 1k on tracks seems counterproductive tbh, especially when there are millions oftracks online requiring no copyrights.
It can be a + for me, but it has to be done right, IE; tastefully. I end up cutting it off for most games, usually game's with an exploration aspect, because it can get repetitive as all hell. No one wants to hear royalty free music blasted on a loop. I'm okay with some ambient sounds(EG; If youre driving hearing the car or traffic, hearing the birds chirp if you're outside, some splash sounds if you're in a pool, etc, etc...) and some moans can be welcomed as long as it's not overdone.

Nov 15, 2020
I don’t know how I feel about this. Given how long she’s been revamping stuffs, might as well go for it in one go and be done with it so she can move forward without looking back. It has taken this long anyway, doing it half measured might come back and bite her later.

With this approach, she‘s inevitably cornering herself into another corner. I suspect she’ll find the unresolved idea frustrating and then they will block her again. And yeah, another revamp.

but I understand why she’s pushing for release asap from financial and pressure point of view.
I see that more as a healthy pragmatic stance on how much perfection she should reach for. It sounds like she had a pretty clear idea at the beginning about which parts really needed to be rewritten, and also managed to identify a lot of additional stuff as she's gone through the story. I obviously don't know if she's gone through 5 percent of the script or 80, but I don't think it would be worth it for anyone if she took several more months to meticulously go through everything, just to implement the smaller and not as important changes.

I would've been more worried about the another revamp scenario if Eva enjoyed going back to redo things… but she's made it clear in almost every development update that she really, really dislikes it. :D

bauman

Sep 11, 2018

I think it's the right call that Eva decided to wrap up the revamp now. If she takes another 2 to 3 months to polish things further, she's digging herself in a hole because the game will continue to lose momentum. After all, she's done only two updates in the last nine months, and it's not a new title anymore.

Time passes, people move on, real-life happens, etc. It's hard to sustain fan interest. To put ORS' development in perspective - it started before the COVID pandemic, and we're not even halfway through the story. By the time ORS gets a completed tag, some of us might have lived through a financial crisis, a food crisis, a political crisis, a war, etc., if recent events are a reliable indication of what the future has in store. :WeSmart:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I think it's the right call that Eva decided to wrap up the revamp now. If she takes another 2 to 3 months to polish things further, she's digging herself in a hole because the game will continue to lose momentum. After all, she's done only two updates in the last nine months, and it's not a new title anymore.

Time passes, people move on, real-life happens, etc. It's hard to sustain fan interest. To put ORS' development in perspective - it started before the COVID pandemic, and we're not even halfway through the story. By the time ORS gets a completed tag, some of us might have lived through a financial crisis, a food crisis, a political crisis, a war, etc., if recent events are a reliable indication of what the future has in store. :WeSmart:
I think she's doing fine even now after months of a revamp nobody asked for. Some devs have been years without releasing anything and they hadn't lost patrons support either. It depends on your patrons really.

1510048_ors_6.png

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Many of us do care. A game without sound feels half-finished and breaks the immersion for me. Of course, games with the wrong sounds can be worse than none at all, like with a horrible voice-over, mismatched music or cringe-inducing sound effects.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Many of us do care. A game without sound feels half-finished and breaks the immersion for me. Of course, games with the wrong sounds can be worse than none at all, like with a horrible voice-over, mismatched music or cringe-inducing sound effects.
I am with Ashley young on this. When playing H-Games in nine out of ten cases, I turn off sounds and music. There are exceptions, like Pale Carnations, which has nice and fitting music, but normally H-Games mean sound off, music player on. Even some normal Games have totally cringy music, which has to be replaced.
But I know that there are players out there who need sounds from the game itself. But that is tastes in operation.

alexferno

Sep 13, 2021
character poll 3.jpg

A while ago I did a poll about who your current was, but I never got around posting the results!

Unsurprisingly, Cindy is number 1 with a whooping 1030 votes, followed by Holly, with 701. Ivy is in third place, but with a noticeable gap in votes, having amassed 468, and Emma seems to be catching up with her with a difference of only 42 votes!

Seems like you guys really favour Cindy over the other girls, and the only one who comes close to her is the sweet and innocent Holly. Ivy still gate-keeps the podium, as the final line-up is almost identical to the I ever did, more than a year ago. Emma has surpassed Alison and is surprisingly close to Ivy this time, while Cherry, Louise and Minerva are practically tied for the last position.

I'm a bit surprised Emma got more votes than Alison, considering all the content I've been creating for her: Chapter 9 had a very special section just for her, with around 24 full illustrations dedicated to her! But I guess Emma has that special kinky factor... I also thought Cherry would get more love; I really liked her scene in Chapter 9 too.

I will do more of these polls in the future, since they're fun and interesting. I can't help but wonder if throwing Lena into the mix would upset the results or they would look pretty similar...

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
And here we see that polls can be absolute skewed and be influenced by tactical voting. And it does not represent the tastes of all. For instance, outside her looks factor, I find Cindy completely uninteresting. Emma would be a fit for Perry...

My top three would be Alison, Cindy and Holly, followed by Cherry!

WatsonJohn

Jul 27, 2020
View attachment 1731580

A while ago I did a poll about who your current was, but I never got around posting the results!

Unsurprisingly, Cindy is number 1 with a whooping 1030 votes, followed by Holly, with 701. Ivy is in third place, but with a noticeable gap in votes, having amassed 468, and Emma seems to be catching up with her with a difference of only 42 votes!

Seems like you guys really favour Cindy over the other girls, and the only one who comes close to her is the sweet and innocent Holly. Ivy still gate-keeps the podium, as the final line-up is almost identical to the I ever did, more than a year ago. Emma has surpassed Alison and is surprisingly close to Ivy this time, while Cherry, Louise and Minerva are practically tied for the last position.

I'm a bit surprised Emma got more votes than Alison, considering all the content I've been creating for her: Chapter 9 had a very special section just for her, with around 24 full illustrations dedicated to her! But I guess Emma has that special kinky factor... I also thought Cherry would get more love; I really liked her scene in Chapter 9 too.

I will do more of these polls in the future, since they're fun and interesting. I can't help but wonder if throwing Lena into the mix would upset the results or they would look pretty similar...
If they made a hotter MILF, things would have been different.

Reactions: tiger8125
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes