Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
Very good writing in this game, Ivy is such an intreasting character. At first glance at Ivy I thought she would be the typicl bitch/slut character, but I was wrong. Despite her doing all this stuff, she is a good friend to Lane, a brutally honest person, she didn't f*ck Jeramy when she found out he had other women, and she was honest with louise.

I don't know if Ian can f*ck/romance her, but their dynemic would be very intreasting. Ivy would definetly push Ian to be a successful man, and would demand him being constently in shape. While Ian would have to accept Ivys ongoing flirty personllity and line of job, while in the same time restraning her so her flirting won't get out of hand.

Its very intreasting that Ian can be a good friend and a dick in the same time.

I hope that in his/her( I don't know if Eva is a man or a women, I'm new to this game) next game, eva will focus on a man character that has the power to either save his women love intrest or to corrupt and destroy their life.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
Very good writing in this game, Ivy is such an intreasting character. At first glance at Ivy I thought she would be the typicl bitch/slut character, but I was wrong. Despite her doing all this stuff, she is a good friend to Lane, a brutally honest person.
That's all well and good, except she's not. She tries to corrupt Holly, that big dick move towards her and Lena. While playing at her apartment, she tries to make Louise feel as insecure, awkward, and humiliated as possible by deliberately choosing such tasks. She does some business with Axel behind Lena's back and uses her as a bargaining chip (not showing up for the photo shoot, bullshitting excuses about the traffic in the evening). She is just as manipulative as Axel and Seymour, she just uses different assets.

NoI'mDirtyDan

Oct 14, 2017
Would have gone with Alisson if she was not going for Jeremy at the same time. Emma and Cherry aare underrated. Lena main girl with out a doubt.
Every scene with Axel is fire tbh have to go that route
She only goes after Jeremy if Ian doesn't go after her. She will straight up ignore Jeremy and any of his flirting if Ian shows the littlest bit of interest.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
That's all well and good, except she's not. She tries to corrupt Holly, that big dick move towards her and Lena. While playing at her apartment, she tries to make Louise feel as insecure, awkward, and humiliated as possible by deliberately choosing such tasks. She does some business with Axel behind Lena's back and uses her as a bargaining chip (not showing up for the photo shoot, bullshitting excuses about the traffic in the evening). She is just as manipulative as Axel and Seymour, she just uses different assets.
There is no indication that she missed the photoshoot on purpose after scheming with Axel. Is there a possibility? Yea, but anything not specifically ruled out could be seen as a possibility. You seem to view all the characters through your own worldview, which is fine, but it generally take a bit more nuance than that to analyze a character objectively.

Ivy is certainly not a pure girl. But is she malicious? In her mind (and even in Lena's if you play her that way), she is helping Holly break out of her shell. Being so shy and hung up about sex is not a healthy way to live according to her worldview. There is no indication that she is being manipulative for personal gain. At most, you could argue that she takes "advantage" of Holly's innocence, but it's not even like she is training her to be her sex slave or something. She finds her cute and wants her to grow into a more confident girl. Since sex means nothing to Ivy, it is not a prime motivator to "corrupt" Holly for personal gain. It's just something Holly herself enjoys and Ivy doesn't mind partaking in some Holly action.

She is basically like a girl version of Jeremy in a sense. She is a wingwoman for Lena and gives her good advice on most things (in her sexually liberal kinda way). As long as a character's actions and worldview are within the acceptable spectrum, you gotta look at their motivations to determine their worth as an individual. You hate Jeremy, so you hate Ivy. Makes sense. They are pretty similar. They are bros to Ian and Jeremy respectively, but if you personally are against everything they stand for, you might think they are bad people. Again, neither of them are the typical pure, reserved people with outstanding ethics, but they are written to be good friends.

As for Ivy vs Louise, it is Louise who has an axe to grind against Ivy. Ivy doesn't really care. She finds it funny to rile her up because Louise is incredibly toxic towards her, but it is more of a one way rivalry. As you can see with Stan, Louise isn't the most understanding person. She is quite closed minded and has her own slew of psychological issues which are quite frankly more toxic than Ivy's straightforward nature.

Most characters in ORS have layers to them. No one is totally good or totally bad (except maybe Seymour lol). No one is without shortcomings or personality flaws. That's what makes interesting characters.

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
A few thoughts after doing a couple of playthroughs:

Really like the new prologue. Firstly, I like the setting because it's so relatable; seeing someone sitting alone outside a club, wondering if you should talk to them or if they just want to be left alone. The fact that Ian decides to talk to her, makes their lives tied together because of an active choice, not just because they keep bumping into each other at the start of the story.

That scene, together with the new pictures and inner monologue about Gillian, also makes their previous relationships more actively involved in the story. Though I feel we now should learn more about the actual breakup between Ian and Gillian at some point.

The rest of the adjustments in the first four–five chapters overall work really well too, I think (though it's impossible to keep track of all the changes). For the last few chapters Lena's been the one using Robert, not the other way around, and now that's more visible earlier in the story as well. That also makes it easier to follow Lena's logic when she's having casual sex with Robert, but waits to have sex with Ian.

I also wrote earlier that Seymour's path would benefit from being slightly more developed before the scene in chapter 9. I think their rewritten first photoshoot managed to do that, along with the fact that Lena can now think about how the shoot turned her on, and that Seymour's powerful position in the city is talked about more. She doesn't know what she's getting herself into before their meeting in chapter 9, but she knows more than enough to give her reasons to back off if she's not intrigued by the attention he's giving her.

Also really loved that Lena's friendship (and eventual potential relationship) to Holly isn't as dependent on Ian as before. And Stan's path works way better now. I'm not that interested in it, but either way he's now a coherent character instead of changing from chapter to chapter because Eva doesn't know what she's gonna do with him.

Billy: I'll reserve my complete judgement until we know more about the reasons for his change, but I agree it was a big WTF moment. I support it if Eva doesn't want two black characters who's basically there just because of the BBC kink. But if that's the case, it would surely be better to have a more varied cast of coloured people from the beginning, instead of changing Billy the way she did now. I guess we'll might get an explanation after the final version is out.
My thoughts on the "Remaster" (I think the term is overused; it is a small enhancement overall and we should reserve the term for a GGGB 2.0):
  • The added prologue and stuff with Gillian is great and gives more depth, plus it does not impact the established canon in a major way but it enhances it nicely. Plus there is a lot of potential with Gillian (especially if she is infact Mike's GF).
  • Some small enhancements that gisgus are minor in terms of impact on the storyline/characters but nonetheless welcome, particularly the Seymour stuff.
  • The Billy redesign is bizarre and personally I would have preferred the original version or even better an inclusion of Tyrone or somebody from his crew but let's wait and see.
  • The Stan redesign is the highlight and meat and potatoes of the re-release. It is the most meaningful and in my opinion most thought out. I can't wait to see how this will continue, I would hope for a dark twist but doubt that fits with the thusfar vanilla style.
However:
  • For as long as this re-release has taken the changes are relatively minor but one can toss this up to the personal issues; burn-out; creative struggles.
  • What worries me that I see little improvement that could shorten release windows; streamline the writing/production; clean up the overlapping aspects of the game that complicate the realtionships etc.
There has been a lot of back and forth on what can be expected from the development of the game and what especially us backseat-drivers on a piracy site can demand (in reality nothing). However this site is where the majority of discussion happens and I assume that the majority of support can be traced to this forum in one way or another. (I have not seen much elsewhere on the internet; unless you count the discord but that feels more like an addendum to the Patreon page.)

I would love to be proven wrong but I doubt we will see v10 before July, if I was a betting man I would say mid to late August.

kabir_07

Jan 27, 2022
How to avoid jeremy and ivy scene. There is a diolouge when jeremy told mc that he got a blowjob from her......??

ekroniuk

Dec 3, 2017
There is no indication that she missed the photoshoot on purpose after scheming with Axel.
There is an indication. Ivy is constantly pushing Lena into Axel's arms. She publishes photo from his place without telling Lena that she worked with him (her excuse that she "forgot" to tell i hard to believe). Then she pushes her to work with him. And when she was supposed to accompany her she doesn't arrive for a very long time. The fact that she shares facts from Lena's private life with Axel is also telling.

I'm almost certain that Ivy is in league with Axel.

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
She is goal driven.

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
Eva captured the feeling of a capitalist indvidualitic society, his commentary about it in the game is amazing. I completley felt bad for Lena, everyone around her lust her and want to use her one way or another. I personlliy made her avoid all manipulation and focus solely on Ian. My Ian is a player, and f*ck alison and is going hard on cidny.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
How to avoid jeremy and ivy scene. There is a diolouge when jeremy told mc that he got a blowjob from her......??
You can't if you make Louise and Jeremy break up. The only way is don't tell Louise about Ivy and Jeremy (as Lena). And Play the Ivy's game and make Lena blow Jeremy.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
There is an indication. Ivy is constantly pushing Lena into Axel's arms. She publishes photo from his place without telling Lena that she worked with him (her excuse that she "forgot" to tell i hard to believe). Then she pushes her to work with him. And when she was supposed to accompany her she doesn't arrive for a very long time. The fact that she shares facts from Lena's private life with Axel is also telling.

In my headcanon, Ian is a high-functioning sociopath. Ivy will be a perfect match for him. :WeSmart:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018

Well maybe no indication was too strong of a position. I was saying all those things you consider evidence could also be explained by her personality and world view.

She didn't push her into Axel during the first convo about him showing up. She gives her a somewhat reasonable advice to tell him and be upfront and very clear about things. Ignoring or hiding from a person in the same industry in the same town is not gonna work forever. The only other thing she could do is try to get a restraining order or something but I don't know the conditions required to get one personally.

She works with him, but posts the photo for everyone to see. Lena is gonna see it of course, because Ivy is always telling her to check out her accounts to learn from her. It doesn't add up and Ivy even says this. Her argument that having to get cut off from one of the top photographers in the industry because they broke up holds some water, although not by most people's viewpoint of what a BFF should do. Yes, this move was a bit shitty, but given her personality, she might not see it as such. Kinda like Jeremy going for Alison when Ian tells him he wants her to be an exclusive fuckbuddy. One of those things that are in the grey area of brocode.

She tells Lena she could consider Axel's connection to Wildcats. Is it a smart thing to do? Probably not. But I can also interpret as her being very self assured and expecting others to be as such. "Girl, if I was you, I would use his connections to Wildcats to boost my career. What's the problem? You already had the conversation and settled the past issues right? Just don't do anything stupid!" Something like that. Again, not many people would think it's a good idea, but Ivy could.

I can't really remember what facts she shared about Lena with Axel, so I can't comment on this. But I can actually add something to the snake bitch interpretation if this interaction wasn't what you were talking about. When Ian is talking to Ivy at the club, Axel shows up. He says something like "I'd like to buy you a drink, but I believe Ivy and I have something to discuss." And she's like "Uhh... Yea." This could make us question what they discussed. The straightforward answer is about her photoshoot and discussing Wildcats. The shady interpretation would be collusion or even domination. Her "Uhh... Yea" seems surprisingly meek for someone who is usually super confident.

As for me? I think it could go either way, not because the evidence is so damning, but because of Chekhov's gun. I think there is some amount of doubt as you've pointed out, and from a narrative perspective, it needs to pay off. But Chekhov's gun is just one principle of writing and isn't an immutable standard. The fact that we could interpret it both ways means either outcome to this would be an interesting development.

Personally... I thrive on betrayal, cheating, and subversion of character. Lol, it would be so fucking hot if the normally confident and sexually free Ivy was basically under Axel's thumb. I can imagine this would cause quite an uproar if unavoidable though. Perhaps it could be gated by some flags and lena_ivy points.

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Quick question for the experts here: what is the most attention or dates you can have between Ian and Lena (from both sides), that would not result in automatic sex? It seems the game will lead you to them eventually having sex even if you play it fairly "friendly". My goal as Lena is to lead Ian on as much as possible, maybe a kiss at most, while slutting it up with everyone else, and have Ian stay virginal and fall in love with Lena. It seems that's not possible, as I always avoided any kisses or anything too warm as Lena, and as Ian actually, but eventually they still ended up having sex?

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: mommysboiii
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes