Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
View attachment 1913449

Chapter 10 weekly status report (9)

Hi everyone,

I've started (almost) falling behind with my weekly status reports, but I'm gonna try to avoid that happening! I'll keep this one super-short because this weeks I've been very focused on writing, making slow but constant progress (at least slower than I'd like, but that's always the case).

I'm finishing writing Ian's part, one major scene and a few secondary ones remain, and I'll start writing Lena's part as soon as I'm done with that. So far the written content is as long as the entire Chapter 5, so this one will also be a chunky update.

I finally have some completed artwork, and that boosts my morale too. I took note of your observations about Emma's illustration and you were right, as sexy as she looked with that defined musculature, Emma's a bit chubbier than that. My colorist did a great job rendering those volumes, but I softened them down so they correspond to the character as seen on her sprite.

View attachment 1913455
I think Chapter 5 was about 11.000 lines of code (it might have increased after the rework), while the last few chapters have been around 20.000 lines. So if we add a bit more to the current length because there’s a few scenes left on Ian’s path, and then multiply it by two, we can roughly expect a chapter that’s bigger than the previous ones, but not that much.

I also find it interesting that Eva writes all of Ian’s scenes in this chapter before Lena’s, considering how complex the story has become. I’ve assumed it would be necessary from now on to jump between Ian’s and Lena’s perspectives a few times within each chapter, especially with how they could be in a relationship and there’s even more things that tie their paths together.

Maybe Eva just decided to keep things as simple and straightforward as possible. Or maybe she’s not writing with the same chronology as the game, for that matter; that we’ll actually jump back and forth between Ian and Lena, but Eva’s got a clear enough plan to finish all of Ian’s parts first, and then go back and start writing Lena’s earlier parts.

It turns out you were right. I went and checked. The option is open and Ian offers a relationship, but Lena refuses because she does not want a serious relationship and offers to continue to have fun.
You think Jeremy is the catalyst? Mike is still there, and I threw out that degenerate Robert.
View attachment 1915701
Neither Mike nor Robert affect it, only Jeremy. And the lena_loves_ian variable (or whatever it’s called), obviously.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
View attachment 1913449

Hi everyone,

I've started (almost) falling behind with my weekly status reports, but I'm gonna try to avoid that happening! I'll keep this one super-short because this weeks I've been very focused on writing, making slow but constant progress (at least slower than I'd like, but that's always the case).

I'm finishing writing Ian's part, one major scene and a few secondary ones remain, and I'll start writing Lena's part as soon as I'm done with that. So far the written content is as long as the entire Chapter 5, so this one will also be a chunky update.

I finally have some completed artwork, and that boosts my morale too. I took note of your observations about Emma's illustration and you were right, as sexy as she looked with that defined musculature, Emma's a bit chubbier than that. My colorist did a great job rendering those volumes, but I softened them down so they correspond to the character as seen on her sprite.

View attachment 1913455
Good. I am not against a buff girl in the mix, butt Emma is not the one.

I always saw her as a more chubby girl - and you would expect her to be in the fitness club a lot with that physique. So a lot more connection between her an Jeremy e.g.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Month 3. Previous months were spent working on the Remaster, and it's dishonest to pretend like it doesn't count as a release.
If you really are going to pretend Chapter 9 Remaster was worth 5 months of work, then fine, so be it. Chapter 5 took 2 Months to be released and according to Eva, Ian's part of the story is almost as long as Chapter 5 itself and it took her 3 Months to just write it :D

Nickly

Mar 25, 2019
View attachment 1913449

Hi everyone,

View attachment 1913455
Boooo, you guys suck and took my buff waifu

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
I never lied about anything. We have been waiting 8 months for Chapter 10. Wonder if we are going to hit a year (Most likely) before we get it.
Meanwhile here we are, on month 8 and only less than half of the Chapter 10 has been finished...

While factually true, it was misleading. BloodyMares was correct in his assessment of your statement.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Meanwhile here we are, on month 8 and only less than half of the Chapter 10 has been finished...

While factually true, it was misleading. BloodyMares was correct in his assessment of your statement.
Misleading how? In 8 months we haven't gotten a new update. In 8 months only half of Chapter 10 has been finished. The comment I replied to mentioned people expecting an update in 1 month, so I mentioned we haven't had one in 8 months. If you would feel better, then just change 8 months to 5. That's how long it took for Chapter 9.

Last edited:

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021

"I'll say that I've completed 2 major sex scenes of the estimated 12, and I'm advancing the plot in chronological order following those."

Good luck getting your update this year...:HideThePain:

Funy how when these devs are reaching a convenient number of patreons they slow down with work, they have "writers block", losing mojo's (this a funny one), gettin' sick yada yada but never happening when they have like let's say 200 patreons, allways is happening when they have over a few K patreons, so funny...:LOL:

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017

"I'll say that I've completed 2 major sex scenes of the estimated 12, and I'm advancing the plot in chronological order following those."

Funy how when these devs are reaching a convenient number of patreons they slow down with work, they have "writers block", losing mojo's (this a funny one), gettin' sick yada yada but never happening when they have like let's say 200 patreons, allways is happening when they have over a few K patreons, so funny...:LOL:
It's also funny how people aren't even trying to address the fact that it took her 3 Months to do something she previously did in 2.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Misleading how? In 8 months we haven't gotten a new update.
Correction. We haven't gotten a new CHAPTER. Remaster was an update for the WHOLE GAME. You might not like the changes, you might not like that it took so long, you might even question its purpose. All of those emotions and opinions are valid. But you're making it sound like Remaster doesn't count as an update, as if it didn't get a lot of changes and only new Chapters actually require any effort. Rant incoming... Do you have any idea how many hours of work is required to go over everything you've done to make sure everything is consistent and up to standard? If you didn't like waiting for 8 months, imagine me having to basically rewrite A BOOK (at this point it might as well be) to go over all of the changes? Trust me, I'm the last person to advocate for game rewrites and retcons, because they add hundreds of hours of work that could be spent for something else... But invalidating all this effort is just extremely ignorant and disrespectful.

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
Chapter 5 took 2 Months to be released and according to Eva, Ian's part of the story is almost as long as Chapter 5 itself and it took her 3 Months to just write it :D
Not “almost as long”; but “as long as” according to Eva. A lot of that time has also been used to make art for not only Ian’s part, but also Lena’s. We don’t know how much of the work with the art that’s been done, but I would guess at least 50 percent, quite likely more.

It’s three months since the alpha, but the final version with some additional fixes wasn’t uploaded until early May. So from what we know so far, you can just as well conclude (and there’s limited how meaningful it’s to draw conclusion in the middle of a development process anyway) that she’s produced as much content in just slightly longer time, at a stage where the story is significantly more complex.

It’s convenient for your argument to quote a month old update from a point where Eva had almost exclusively worked on the art; but it’s not particularly convincing when everyone’s seen the update from a few days ago where she indicates that she’s about halfway through the story.

Being extremely selective on the facts you focus on generally isn’t a good strategy when everyone you’re talking to are aware of all the facts you’re conveniently overlooking.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Correction. We haven't gotten a new CHAPTER. Remaster was an update for the WHOLE GAME. , you might not like that it took so long, you might even question its purpose. All of those emotions and opinions are valid. But you're making it sound like Remaster doesn't count as an update, as if it didn't get a lot of changes and only new Chapters actually require any effort. Rant incoming...
"Correction. We haven't gotten a new CHAPTER" - Ah shit, my bad. I meant "NEW CHAPTER". As if that's a big difference XD

"You might not like the changes" - They are good changes.

"Do you have any idea how many hours of work is required to go over everything you've done to make sure everything is consistent and up to standard?" - Yes.

"If you didn't like waiting for 8 months, imagine me having to basically rewrite A BOOK (at this point it might as well be) to go over all of the changes? Trust me, I'm the last person to advocate for game rewrites and retcons, because they add hundreds of hours of work that could be spent for something else... But invalidating all this effort is just extremely ignorant and disrespectful." - Nobody is invalidating their "effort". We are just on month 8 waiting for that Chapter 10.

It's also hilarious how people are yet again ignoring the fact it took her 3 months to do less work that took her 2 months to do.

Last edited:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Correction. We haven't gotten a new CHAPTER. Remaster was an update for the WHOLE GAME. You might not like the changes, you might not like that it took so long, you might even question its purpose. All of those emotions and opinions are valid. But you're making it sound like Remaster doesn't count as an update, as if it didn't get a lot of changes and only new Chapters actually require any effort. Rant incoming... Do you have any idea how many hours of work is required to go over everything you've done to make sure everything is consistent and up to standard? If you didn't like waiting for 8 months, imagine me having to basically rewrite A BOOK (at this point it might as well be) to go over all of the changes? Trust me, I'm the last person to advocate for game rewrites and retcons, because they add hundreds of hours of work that could be spent for something else... But invalidating all this effort is just extremely ignorant and disrespectful.
I read about your situation with the transferring to your bank account thing, my condolences for that. That sucks really bad!
I don't have a solution, just want to express to you how suck it is.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Given the fact that the game isn't finished yet and people are supporting it's development, a rewrite should not be unexpected. IT'S IN DEVELOPMENT! That means things are not only added, but things that already exist can be polished and changed! I developed a game (not a visual novel) where while working on it I went back and polished it up at times as you generally start out with graphics that are not 100% what you want, but you want to get the game written and everything working and graphics (and sound) is usually at the bottom of your TODO list.

I for one really loved the remaster. I think some of the whiners need to sit down and create a game themselves; any game, something simple to get an idea what it is like. Heck, most commercial games take many YEARS to make, and that's with teams of well paid professionals and you don't see any of it until it is done.

I doubt many of the whiners and complainers pay a dime in support to be honest.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes