JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
I'm kind of new to the whole F95/Daz/Western VN scene. I didn't really get into it until Acting Lessons and BADIK came out. Is it normal for a lot of devs to just start a Patreon crank out 90% of a game and then just abandon near the finale? I just started ORS last week so I have no idea there was a 1 year wait since the last chapter. Do we have any indication how big the game is planned to be?

It seems like if patreon becomes your primary source of income you have a financial incentive to tease and draw out as much time as you can without finishing your game because otherwise you gotta go back to a full time job and explain your resume gap with rusty skills. Not desirable especially if you come to realize you can just relax and live off the money without working too hard.

I hope that's not the case with these devs but truthfully there's zero accountability with Patreon, you can't just sign a contract with the dev and expect results like a traditional game publisher.
I read that ORS will be at least 20 chapters long.
Sure, why make 2 games in 6 years when you can milk one for 6 years, it's less effort that way and just as profitable.
But i don't think Eva is that type of dev (at least not yet), i think she made a mistake by choosing to make a dual protag game where every character is connected to the other which made the game too big of a mess that she can barely manage to sustain hence the long gap between updates.
But hey live and learn i guess, hopefully this is the first and last time she makes a dual protag game.

Last edited:
Reactions: mickeydees and I-No

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
resulting in Eva's games becoming stale copies of each other. Is that something that "game dead" commenters want to happen?
Just in Lena's upcoming pool party/rap video section(s), please. If Eva could just add a flourish or two, like renaming og character to Leeroy (dirty)South. Would be greatly appreciated. I'm not actually a "game dead" commenter, but I'm bold enough to speak for them if you'd be so kind as to pass the message along. Just looking out for their concerns here.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017
Is it worth to start a new gameplay, for the revamped version or the changes does not affect to story so much? I have a lot of saves with different choices and I dont want to start all over again if the story does not change that much.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
It is a great game, i'm still discovering new scenes in it till this day it's mind blowing.
But that's the thing. This part of GGGB happened thanks to Eva's ambitious desire to push herself. Not to meet deadlines but to make the best adult VN / RPG possible where no playthrough could be exactly the same, and each player could have their own experience. That's a lot of work, and if you remember correctly Eva had to take 3 - 4 months to develop all the endings. Armed with that hindsight knowledge, if Eva decided to go for the speed, there won't be such complex branches in the plots anymore, because the goal is monthly releases, so you just develop a game with minimal barebones branching that you could craft the complete endings for in just 1 - 2 months tops.

When efficiency is the only goal, that's how art becomes junk food. If you think about current Marvel projects for example, it's the perfect example of minimal effort to produce a constant stream of entertainment that lacks original ideas. Sure, people have loved it for a time, but with Phase 4 it's obvious the market got oversaturated and people are feeling sick from having to consume so many same-y movies or shows about nothing in particular.
Do you try to say that working 8h leads to you not working at all ?!? That makes no sense, unless you had something like this in mind
That's what burnout is. Your brain is not a machine, you can't make it work faster than it can, especially in a creative line of work that requires a lot of thinking over ideas. When your mind allocates 40% of its power to stressing about making it on time, you're only working with 60% efficiency while simultaneously draining your willpower which eventually stops working and you just want to spend the entire day in bed not doing anything, and that mental state is extremely hard to get out of. Think of it as jog vs sprinting. You can run long distance jogging but you can't run the same distance at full speed, you'll just gas out or pass out.

In her GGGB days, she had more trouble getting money when she was pumping out monthly updates than she does now.
I don't think the money factor was the main motivator there. At the beginning, Eva was a nobody with no real income to rely on, but still worked hard to please the potential players. Positive feedback is the main driving force. You can't get feedback from money, it's just numbers. Your amount of patrons might grow but you can't really tell if they like what you do if you don't hear the positive feedback from people that love what you do. And the more people say how much they love what you do, the more you want to give them. But like with all dopamine sources, eventually you get used to it and it doesn't work as well anymore. And if some objective reasons get in the way of you receiving that positive feedback (amount of work, life getting in the way, personal emotional baggage etc), it's hard to motivate yourself to work as hard as you were before. And if your numbers get smaller on top, I don't know how it's supposed to give you a jump-start. For my ADHD brain, negative motivation just doesn't work. I'd rather take less money for punishment, feeling like I deserve it, than force myself to work at max speed. And for some reason I have a hunch that Eva might have a similar problem. I feel like her shame got the better of her so she wanted to release a half-complete update, but being the people pleaser, she decided to do what her paying fans wanted, even if it might not help with that feeling of shame.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Is it worth to start a new gameplay, for the revamped version or the changes does not affect to story so much? I have a lot of saves with different choices and I dont want to start all over again if the story does not change that much.
It is worth replaying if you want to have a stable experience going forward. If you use the old saves, your future game experience will not be stable and you'll get constant errors due to the game not being able to find the necessary data in your saves.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
It's been little over 4 months since the last update, you guys think we are getting the update by the end of the year? Say, December? Or is that wishful thinking?
Wouldn't call 9
It's been little over 4 months since the last update, you guys think we are getting the update by the end of the year? Say, December? Or is that wishful thinking?
Calling 9+ months "a little over 4 months" is one way of doing it, sure.. Assuming when is kind of pointless though, no one knows, accept it and move on. Cheers

Reactions: LaPein

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Eva was ready to release the Ian-only portion weeks ago before Patreon base voted against it. Sounds like the chapter is well-over halfway complete so I can't imagine it being any later than December. At that point, even I'd start siding with the "Abonedended!" crowd.

"Lasy milking dev isa lazy milking dev milkr wtf eva?!?" - Me in Jan 2023 if at least the pre-alpha chapter 10 isn't released by then.

Nah. In reality, I'd probably just give up and stop checking updates on the game.

Addendum: Even if Chapter 10 does release in December to late Nov of this year, that's still untenable, imo, considering we're less than halfway through the supposed 20 chapters. Unless Eva makes more realistic plans to wrap the game earlier than expected (projecting 14-15 chapters or so), a serious restructuring of production on the game is going to have to take place at some point. If at least Alpha of Chapter 10 isn't out before Thanksgiving, that restructuring is probably going to need to occur before Chapter 11 to ever get this game out of the gate.

Suggestion (that's probably not worth a damn, as I doubt she'd consider): This game, so far, is arguably one of the 2-3 best AVNs ever made. Eva may want to consider shopping to some investors beyond Patreon. Ink out an agreement to retain full creative control, but at a compromise on letting go of the full reigns of production. Emergency plan to be used only if Eva can't rework the production schedule herself to something more feasible. In reality, I think Eva's going to need a skilled & experienced producer to get this game to content-complete (in a sense, hiring and paying her own boss/collaborator to keep the project on-task) while she strictly works on the writing and art direction, investors or not.

Last edited:

HurtTrotter

Aug 14, 2021
Patreon gives money, where to rush? so Eva? almost a year there is no update, of course we can conclude that the game is abandoned
Why bother with such projects that you cannot complete and torture yourself and your fans? It was better to do Good Girl Gone Bad 2 or its prequel or sequel

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
The "open" relationship between Lena and Ian is open in the sense of them sleeping with a third person together or that they can whore around without each other's presence?

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes