ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I don't even get why Alison the character even likes current Ian. Alison is so driven and motivated as an individual, what does she sees from current Ian.
Alison sees potential in Ian, she mentions as much at some point. She's also old friends with him, so she knows what he's like before breakup with Gillian fucked him up. We can presume Ian was quite different and desirable back then.

It wouldn't surprise me if Alison had wanted Ian for a long time, but didn't make any move on him while they're both in relationships. Only when that's out of the picture she's trying to get his attention. A bit like Cherry was in love with Axel and hoped he'd get together with her after Lena fiasco.

Last edited:

The unseen

Apr 2, 2022
Hmm , got a question.
So Ian has two options for his job. Either by doing his best and giving his story or demo to Seymour. Second, by trading with Holly.
So in my Ian×Lena playthrough , Seymour said to Lena about Ian's book and job and that he can make his life miserable by a call( by not accepting him). So, the best choice for Ian in Lena playthrough is to trade books with Holly or giving demo to Seymour?

Last edited:

Lemix

Jun 7, 2017
Yeah, it's one thing in the game i don't really like. The severe relationship drop does make sense given Louise's personality, but the way Lena interacts with her regarding it is... ugly. There's never an option to let her down gently, something like "you're my dear friend and i wanted to comfort you when you were really hurt", it's hardcoded to "i just wanted to have some fun with you but now i don't feel like it anymore". And there's like, zero actual interactions friends would have between these two or any attempt to restore/stabilize things. It sucks.
Whats even more bizzare is the disconnect between sex scenes and her general attitude to her, her sex scenes imo one of the best examples of lesbian BDSM in those types of games, Lena should be power tripping after her previous relationship and they're dynamic with Axel, and she does while they have sex, but outside of it she treats it like it's nothing, hell, she treats her coworker "whats his face" that she fucks on the side alot better, the dude has no personality and cant even make her cum(that his primary job since she only fucks him for stress relief, half of her orgasms are hidden behind stat checks since the dude cant keep up himself) in half the scenes while Louise practically worship her in bed, if she just switched to Master/Slave dynamic fully even outside the sex scenes it would atleast make sense, but they obviously dont have that dynamic most of the time so she is just being an asshole while with the rest of her friends she is all nice and peachy.
Eva should have tied some "wits" checks to "detect" her instability so you can alteast notice when she about to blow up when you gaslight her yet again, but my perceptive Lena just willfuly ignores all those moments for no reason while she can go into self help tirades with other characters like Stan.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I don't even get why Alison the character even likes current Ian. Alison is so driven and motivated as an individual, what does she sees from current Ian.
Ian and Alison go way back. They were friends and liked each other in High school already, but were too shy and/or oblivious to ask each other out. Additionally Alison knows how Ian was before the breakup with Gillian (implied to have been really nasty) fucked him up. And she sees the potential in him.

Lemix

Jun 7, 2017

He's a 26 years old intern that is still a loser. Sure there is "potential" for him to be a successful author, but as it is, he's just Perry without depression (and better physique).

For the record, nothing wrong with Ian per se, but I can't fathom someone with a drive to success like Alison to be so very head over heels for Ian. If Alison's feeling to Ian is more casual fling, like Emma, like if the dynamic is flipped, Emma being the one to "give anything to Ian", I think that would make a more believable story.

Emma is an idealist that's trying to bring change to the local neighborhood, Ian wants to pursuit writing as a passion, it makes more sense if Emma is head over heels to Ian than Alison imo.
She obviously has some unresolved feelings for him that goes way back, Emma on the other hand is completly passive to Ian unless he himself does something, i dont really see her being all devoted to him from the start when she is more like Jeremy if anything, from her stories and other people opinions on her she is very casual about sex and just goes with the flow, despite what the game tells us about her liking perry when you fuck her she obviously aware about his feelings since she brings it up, but she hardly cares since he doesnt make a move unlike you, so i dont really see her running after someone herself.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Ian and Alison go way back. They were friends and liked each other in High school already, but were too shy and/or oblivious to ask each other out. Additionally Alison knows how Ian was before the breakup with Gillian (implied to have been really nasty) fucked him up. And she sees the potential in him.
yeah i've seen that exact same stories more than a couple times in real life and the Alisons either grow up or prioritize their own goals over their Ians given their driven personality.

Yes they still harbor deep feelings for their Ians, but not to the extent of this game's Alison for this game's Ian. Given that this game's Ian is a 26 years old intern that wants to pursuit writing a book still, where in contrast, this game's Alison have a 2-3 years deadline to 30 years old to achieve her goals.

This game's Ian doesn't even want to be an employee, he just wants to be an author or die trying.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
yeah i've seen that exact same stories more than a couple times in real life and the Alisons either grow up or prioritize their own goals over their Ians given their driven personality.
Alison's personality includes "guys being her kryptonite" and she evidently loses her cold, calculating demeanor when it comes to relationships. She isn't a robot.

She's also in pretty bad spot emotionally herself, given her break up with Milo. It's not that surprising she isn't acting all that rationally.

Reactions: BloodyMares

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I think Mike is much more of an interesting character than Jeremy. If his girlfriend is introduced then it will be clear and fun.
THe whole Mike thing makes very little sense to me given Lena's supposed PTSD about cheating in relationship, but giving zero fucks about pulling the same shit she's vilifying Cherry for.

chipsiup

Aug 12, 2016
So after taking my time and getting the open relationship "ian_lena_open" variable in Chap 9... I'm very disappointed to see that it doesn't actually DO anything in Chapter 10.

Peeking at the code, it doesn't seem like there's any part of Chapter 10 that looks up that variable at all! The game just basically goes "Yeah Ian and Lena are a couple now." without any nuance for the open part of it.

• Sad
Reactions: monk_56

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So after taking my time and getting the open relationship "ian_lena_open" variable in Chap 9... I'm very disappointed to see that it doesn't actually DO anything in Chapter 10.

Peeking at the code, it doesn't seem like there's any part of Chapter 10 that looks up that variable at all! The game just basically goes "Yeah Ian and Lena are a couple now." without any nuance for the open part of it.
Lena & Ian have yet to have a talk about what "experimenting" in their relationship is going to exactly entail. Neither is making any presumptions until that's resolved.

Reactions: BloodyMares

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
THe whole Mike thing makes very little sense to me given Lena's supposed PTSD about cheating in relationship, but giving zero fucks about pulling the same shit she's vilifying Cherry for.
I totally agree. Also, after replaying the games a couple of times, I feel like he was introduced a bit too late. By the time you get to chapter 5 Lena is in one of the following situations:
  • she is a nun - you ignore Robert and Ian
  • she goes out with Robert, but understands that he is not the right person for her.
  • she is more serious about Robert
  • she goes out with Ian, but takes things slow (no sex)
  • she goes out with Ian and sleeps with him
Bullets 2&3 can be combined with 4&5. It's hard to say that Ivy encouraged her to try to have sleep with someone, in order to get over Axel.

Just an idea:

Let pretend that the following variable exists: v4_lena_rebound

In chapter 4, there is a masturbation scene for Lena.
  • If she thinks about Jeremy or Louise: v4_lena_rebound += 1
  • If she looks at the images hidden by Axel in the notebook: v4_lena_rebound += 2
  • If she went out with Robert, but Lena end things because "It was bad" v4_lena_rebound += 1
  • Nothing changes otherwise
Later that night, you go to Blazzer to spend some time with Ivy. Again she tells you that you need to get back in the game. It just so happens that you see Ivy's hot coworker for the first time. You drink something (v4_lena_rebound += 1) or not. You talk with him and show some interest (v4_lena_rebound += 1) also you can flirt with him (v4_lena_rebound += 1). Basically this part is a copy paste of what happens now, in chapter 5. Time goes one and you talk again with Ivy; she tells you that Mike has a gf. At this point you can either go home or drink some more (v4_lena_rebound += 1).

If you stayed:
  • v4_lena_rebound < 3: you dance with Ivy and leave the place with her.
  • v4_lena_rebound > 2 and v4_lena_rebound <5: you dance with a stranger, you go in the club bathroom with him but he gets too pushy. Before things escalate more that this, Mike helps you out. You thank him and leave.
  • v4_lena_rebound > 4: same as before, but you decide to give Mike a proper reward (BJ)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Later in Ch5 you can take things further when Louise. Maybe even add a joke: "You girls really need to drink less".

Why do I think this would be a more interesting scenario? Mike is Lena second best option in the game, right now. By introducing Mike earlier, you bring Ian and Mike in direct competition. Do you go with the good girl option or the bad girl option; or maybe both. You know that is wrong, but you can't deny the attraction that you feel towards Mike. The first action you take with him is less of: "hey, do you want to fuck?". It will be a mix of I want to have fun, I want to forget Axel, alcohol and thank you for helping me out. When you see him for the second time, a week later, maybe you get the vibe that things are not that serious between Mike and his GF. He is not telling you no. Why not take things further?

Even for future events. It's interesting how Lena always goes back to Mike after the smallest things. He fits the role of the rebound guy perfectly. You can even make a song:

If you are solo in the club
And Ivy gives you the drug
Who you gonna call?
Mike Buster

If you see Cherry again
But the night is still young
Who you gonna call?
Mike Buster

If you fight with Ian over Stalkfap
But you don't want to rub one
Who you gonna call?
Mike Buster

ashjk.jpg

Last edited:

Larsencm

May 26, 2017
Hi everyone,
I will start with saying that I absolutely love this game. There are a lot of things that Eva did right ro create the game - the story, the dialogs, the stats, the charters, the pictures - pretty much everything. Amd i want to say a big thank you to Eva for such an amazing game. I can't wait to see the next update.
With that said I also don't really understand where Eva drives the story. It's like she described lives of a few mid twenty guys and girls going through their daily lives. How many chapters there will be? 14? 20? It reminds me to some extent The Song of Ice and Fire series where Martin greater such an extended universe that he struggles to being all his stories together and can't write the sixth book for more than a decade.
Now, let me say that the only way ORS would make sense to me if uf Ian and Lena start dating. Let me explain. Supposedly they don't start dating in Chapter 9 and keep going through their lifes not as a couple. Then we have two somewhat independent stories that share the same charaters between them. The story of Lena would turn into GGGB number two. Yes, it's a cool story, game but we already have GGGB and Eva already told it to us.
Then we have a story of Ian. This is new. As far as I understand Ian can date Allison, Holly, Cindu and Chery. If that is the case then wouldn't it be more interesting ro have one of them as a second protagonist than Lena? At least we would be able to experience the couple's dynamics, their ups and downs. For me Cindy and Holly are more interesting than the other two (fir different readons).
Now if we agree that the game makes sense the way it is presentied only if Ian and Lena get together then the blocks that stand on them getting together in Chapter 9 should not be in the game or should be chamgrd - namely Ian and Allison falling in love and Lena fucking Jeremy. Basically, Ian should not get in love with Allison (after all they know each other for a long time, they are friends, a little sex between friends should not be a block for either one dating other people) and Lena fucking Jeremy should not limit her in becoming Ian's girlfriend (after all, she fucked Jeremy before Ian asked her to be his gf).
And in Ch10 the fact that Ian and Lens became a couple should not stop Lena from seeing Mike if Lena and Ian agreed to have an open relationship.
In fact if Ian finds it arousing that other men want Lena ahe can send him a pic of her used pussy after sex with Mike saying something along the lines - "Mike stopped by :p ).

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
If you see Cherry again
But the night is still young
Who you gonna call?
Mike
This one is probably the dumbest part in the whole Mike setup. It's one thing if Lena is literally turning into Cherry; but it's utterly unbelievable that she completely fails to notice/acknowledge/reflect on this, even in the moment when she's totally butthurt about what Cherry had done because she was just vividly reminded of it.

It's like the writer recognizes they've painted themselves into a corner with this situation, and so they can only keep their eyes shut and pretend there's no walls against their back. Which is just jarring when characters otherwise spend considerable time analyzing their choices and outcomes.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes