mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Slightly more seriously, Ivy potentially floats an idea of Lena x Ian x Mike in the latest update. And given Ivy's personality and approach to sex, it would not surprise me if her idea to help Lena with her Axel situation was to arrange Lena x Ian x Ivy as a "gift" for Ian, and then suggest Ian should return the favour letting his gf have Lena x Ian x Axel "experiment".

Which would be obv. terrible idea from Lena/Ian relationship standpoint, but perfectly in line with how Ivy's mind apparently works. And a good way to set things on fire.
The way Ivy reacted to Ian/Cindy being caught fucking cements her as 'that bitch' we've all probably known at some point in life, great fun, not so great dating material.

There's two ways this could potentially go: Either Ivy will be relegated to "star" in some of the kinkier fetishes in regards to Ian/Lena or we have a "path to redemption" similar to the one Ashley from GGGB could undertake.

I hope both are available, i'm not necessarily one of those "i can fix her" type of guys but i could definitely see it leading to some interesting scenarios.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
There's two ways this could potentially go: Either Ivy will be relegated to "star" in some of the kinkier fetishes in regards to Ian/Lena or we have a "path to redemption" similar to the one Ashley from GGGB could undertake.
There definitely seems to be some deep-seated reason for Ivy's insistence relationships are nothing but complication for simple act that is sex, but as far as the "redemption" goes am not sure if there's anyone in the cast who could actually fulfill this role for her. (i kind of want to say "Perry" for the comic relief of it, but, well)

"Good" Jessica's comments on how dangerous game Ivy attempts to play suggest possibility of 3rd path, too -- that she'll fail, crash and burn like "bad" Jess did.

Aug 6, 2017
There definitely seems to be some deep-seated reason for Ivy's insistence relationships are nothing but complication for simple act that is sex, but as far as the "redemption" goes am not sure if there's anyone in the cast who could actually fulfill this role for her. (i kind of want to say "Perry" for the comic relief of it, but, well)
wade

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Alright finally got through the entire game again, had not played the remaster so had to relearn a lot of the game to minmax stuff.

First off quick feedback on things I think are bugs:

-I think there are a couple "off by one" errors in some events, getting the best result against Jeremy when sparring is impossible if you had Ian train Jiu-jitsu. Even if you focused on getting as much training as possible you will be 1 point short of successfuly grappling him.

-I also think the relationship requirement to trigger Ian's wrestling scene with Ivy is 1 point higher than intended. Currently the only way of unlocking that scene is if Ian was dating Lena and then was upfront and confessed it to Axel in chapter 7, which feels kinda restrictive. Also, the thing is that even in the scene where Ian has the opportunity to confess to Axel, the game also has another impossible Ian_Ivy check that is off by one, so I think either the base Ian_Ivy value should be 1 point higher or one opportunity to gain a point with Ivy is missing.

-Did the threesome with Alison and Jeremy as an Ian that has remained just friends with Alison, aside from some weird visual duplication scenes when the scene first started, Alison also chastised Ian for cumming inside her "again", despite them never having sex before in that playthrough.

-Chatting with Stan as Ian during the chapter 10 concert causes a small glitch due to a variable typo, no big deal but might as well include it here.

Now for some random thoughts on the game's rework + chapter 10:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Razorheadult

Jul 8, 2022
very good chapter 10 :p I remade it several times, lot of kinky stuff and characters developments. This is cool, now the direction we want to give to their life seems more dedicated.
I am just a bit "meh" because I prepared ten saves with different play to finally see the saves are not working anymore :p, the joy of alpha releases (^^,)

I will try to find the correct set up to make Holly and the bouncer closer (always hoping for the best for these two :p)

I mean I very like the work of the author damn.

Reactions: MokshaSeeker

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
-I also think the relationship requirement to trigger Ian's wrestling scene with Ivy is 1 point higher than intended. Currently the only way of unlocking that scene is if Ian was dating Lena and then was upfront and confessed it to Axel in chapter 7, which feels kinda restrictive.
My ian_ivy score was 8 while the scene requires 6+ so i don't think it's really that difficult to get, given i was playing the game blind. Specifically, this branch in Axel's confession scene:
Python:
            if ian_ivy > 4 and ian_charisma > 4:
(..)
                call friend_xp('ivy') from _call_friend_xp_186
                $ ian_ivy = 8
seems to take care of things. It is most certainly possible to trigger, as it did for me.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
My ian_ivy score was 8 while the scene requires 6+ so i don't think it's really that difficult to get, given i was playing the game blind. Specifically, this branch in Axel's confession scene:
Python:
            if ian_ivy > 4 and ian_charisma > 4:
(..)
                call friend_xp('ivy') from _call_friend_xp_186
                $ ian_ivy = 8
seems to take care of things. It is most certainly possible to trigger, as it did for me.
How did you get Ian_ivy to 5 before that event? it starts at 3 and the only opportunity to increase it before that point that I found is by "making a joke" when Ian first meets Ivy. Are you sure you didn't play with cheat mode on and then it got set to 8 after that event?

EDIT: Might have gotten my math mixed up, but either way it still kinda sucks to need to have your Ian dating Lena.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
How did you get Ian_ivy to 5 before that event? it starts at 3 and the only opportunity to increase it before that point that I found is by "making a joke" when Ian first meets Ivy. Are you sure you didn't play with cheat mode on and then it got set to 8 after that event?
Definitely not playing with cheat mode. You can get another point with Ivy if you praise her pole dancing performance in Chapter 5:
Python:
    v "Oh, so you saw my performance?"
    i "Yeah, we did..."
    menu:
        "{image=icon_charisma.webp}+{image=icon_lust.webp}It was super hot" if (ian_charisma > 2 and ian_lust > 2) or (ian_charisma > 2 and v5ivychat) or (ian_lust > 2 and v5ivychat):
(..)
            call friend_xp('ivy', 1) from _call_friend_xp_297
(v5ivychat which makes taking this option easier is activated by choosing "Hey, it's a free country" in earlier convo.)

Last edited:
Reactions: manscout

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Definitely not playing with cheat mode. You can get another point with Ivy if you praise her pole dancing performance in Chapter 5:
Python:
    v "Oh, so you saw my performance?"
    i "Yeah, we did..."
    menu:
        "{image=icon_charisma.webp}+{image=icon_lust.webp}It was super hot" if (ian_charisma > 2 and ian_lust > 2) or (ian_charisma > 2 and v5ivychat) or (ian_lust > 2 and v5ivychat):
(..)
            call friend_xp('ivy', 1) from _call_friend_xp_297
(v5ivychat which makes taking this option easier is activated by choosing "Hey, it's a free country" in earlier convo.)
Ah yeah I missed that, thanks for the hint! Still think the number is too stingy since it doesn't change the fact that Ian and Lena need to be dating to reach the wrestling scene (without it you'd still be at Ian_Ivy == 5 which isn't enough). I guess I was envisioning the wrestling scene as a way to get Ian closer to Ivy indepedently of Lena, but maybe it is just a late way to impress her if you failed the charisma check after confronting Axel.

camube

Jun 4, 2022

"Good" Jessica's comments on how dangerous game Ivy attempts to play suggest possibility of 3rd path, too -- that she'll fail, crash and burn like "bad" Jess did.
The way Ivy reacted to Ian/Cindy being caught fucking cements her as 'that bitch' we've all probably known at some point in life, great fun, not so great dating material.

I hope both are available, i'm not necessarily one of those "i can fix her" type of guys but i could definitely see it leading to some interesting scenarios.
I may be wrong on this but I feel like Ivy's dialogues and thus moral code are dependent on our choices on Lena? maybe?

Because my read on Ivy on my main playthrough is a bit different with the both of you. The Ivy in my playthrough doesn't care about what others do but she herself has line she doesn't cross.

Not going after Mike because Mike has a girlfriend. Not telling Axel Lena's address. Delay giving Jeremy his rewards.

Ivy in my main playthrough doesn't seem interested in sleeping around with people in committed relationship and she's firecely loyal to Lena, in her own way.

Ah yeah I missed that, thanks for the hint! Still think the number is too stingy since it doesn't change the fact that Ian and Lena need to be dating to reach the wrestling scene (without it you'd still be at Ian_Ivy == 5 which isn't enough). I guess I was envisioning the wrestling scene as a way to get Ian closer to Ivy indepedently of Lena, but maybe it is just a late way to impress her if you failed the charisma check after confronting Axel.
Despite your disagreement over Eva's direction choice, which I totally get where you come from, I think in-game it kinda make sense that at least at this point, Ivy is interested in Ian as a person because of Lena and so the game having a Lena and Ian is dating check be a requirement of the gym scene makes sense.

I feel like this is the same with Eva's other game GGGB where there are some scenes where we just don't get if we are in different path.

I never knew GGGB Ashley's dad could be very depressed because I never explore that option.

I get where you're coming from an Adult Game viewpoint though. From a story standpoint, it does kinda make sense.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Echbert

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Despite your disagreement over Eva's direction choice, which I totally get where you come from, I think in-game it kinda make sense that at least at this point, Ivy is interested in Ian as a person because of Lena and so the game having a Lena and Ian is dating check be a requirement of the gym scene makes sense.

I feel like this is the same with Eva's other game GGGB where there are some scenes where we just don't get if we are in different path.

I never knew GGGB Ashley's dad could be very depressed because I never explore that option.

I get where you're coming from an Adult Game viewpoint though. From a story standpoint, it does kinda make sense.
I think that since the rework Ian is not quite as dependant on Lena for his connection with Ivy, most of his interactions with her are actually thanks to Jeremy (chapter 2 introductions are because they were greeting each other, chapter 5 Jeremy invited them to the Blazer for some drinks on the house when Ivy was poledancing, chapter 7 Ian was at the bar with Jeremy before they meet Jess, Ivy and Axel). Even this new wrestling scene happens (according to Ivy) because Jeremy had promised to teach her some fighting moves but since he didn't show up she ends up hanging out with Ian instead.

Now it could be argued that Ivy showing any interest at all on Ian is because of his connection with Lena, but she doesn't seem to be that unapproachable even with people like Perry or Wade so that feels like a bit of a stretch. Even this necessary relationship boost from confronting Axel with the truth was less about Ian being with Lena and seems to be more about she being impressed that Ian had the balls to play it straight with Axel. The issue is just that without being dating Lena, Ian has nothing to confront Axel about so we miss this chance to impress her and end up being 1 point short of enabling the wrestling scene. The fact that this essentially means Ian needs to have had a relationship with Lena feels more like a side-effect of the check requiring you to have impressed Ivy in every meeting rather than the reason for it.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I think that since the rework Ian is not quite as dependant on Lena for his connection with Ivy, most of his interactions with her are actually thanks to Jeremy (chapter 2 introductions are because they were greeting each other, chapter 5 Jeremy invited them to the Blazer for some drinks on the house when Ivy was poledancing, chapter 7 Ian was at the bar with Jeremy before they meet Jess, Ivy and Axel). Even this new wrestling scene happens (according to Ivy) because Jeremy had promised to teach her some fighting moves but since he didn't show up she ends up hanging out with Ian instead.

Now it could be argued that Ivy showing any interest at all on Ian is because of his connection with Lena, but she doesn't seem to be that unapproachable even with people like Perry or Wade so that feels like a bit of a stretch. Even this necessary relationship boost from confronting Axel with the truth was less about Ian being with Lena and seems to be more about she being impressed that Ian had the balls to play it straight with Axel. The issue is just that without being dating Lena, Ian has nothing to confront Axel about so we miss this chance to impress her and end up being 1 point short of enabling the wrestling scene. The fact that this essentially means Ian needs to have had a relationship with Lena feels more like a side-effect of the check requiring you to have impressed Ivy in every meeting rather than the reason for it.
I can see your point, especially about the Axel confrontation point which won't happen without the Ian Lena dating check.

What I'm arguing is from Ivy's pov though. Lena and Ivy talks often about Lena's guys. So if Ian is not with Lena, Lena doesn't talk a lot and not favorably about Ian. From that lens, it makes sense that Ivy's interest in Ian is significantly less than if Lena talk about him a lot.

You're right that that doesn't excuse the Ivy Ian gym scene to not exist because the catalyst of that is Jeremy inviting her, which should happen regardless.

But I think from Eva's pov, at least from my read of it, there is 2 different "version" of Ivy, the one that goes to the gym (and thus meet Ian), and the one that doesn't go to the gym.

Just like there is 2 different "version" of Jessica in the game.

Yes it doesn't make the perfect sense and you aren't wrong when you say it's stingy, but Eva's previous game is also like this where some scenes are just unattainable based on previous early decisions.

I seriously would not realized there is a Dad depression path on GGGB if not for JDMOD, and this is long after I finished that game.

One thing we know of Eva though, she's malleable to criticism. So there is still a chance that future updates will be less stingy and more generous for the paths.

I didn't play the version before the remaster but some character has a different skin color and some other character has different appearance too or something like that? I feel like those changes, viewed from outside perspective, makes it "seem like" Eva is malleable to critics. Though we can never say that for sure of course.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I may be wrong on this but I feel like Ivy's dialogues and thus moral code are dependent on our choices on Lena? maybe?

Because my read on Ivy on my main playthrough is a bit different with the both of you. The Ivy in my playthrough doesn't care about what others do but she herself has line she doesn't cross.

Not going after Mike because Mike has a girlfriend. Not telling Axel Lena's address. Delay giving Jeremy his rewards.

Ivy in my main playthrough doesn't seem interested in sleeping around with people in committed relationship and she's firecely loyal to Lena, in her own way.
I don't think Ivy is any different, but i think you have a slightly wrong read on her. Ivy genuinely cares about her best friend Lena and wants the best for her. At the same time Ivy considers the best thing is to follow one's own desires, with little to no consideration for feelings of people she/one doesn't personally like. This is why she repeatedly encourages Lena to act this way, and approves when she does act this way.

So, Ivy doesn't really care if people are in relationships, this in itself doesn't stop her from considering them a hookup target. Ivy doesn't go after Mike because Lena, her closest friend, shows interest in him. The minute Lena declares she's no longer seeing Mike, Ivy jokes with her she might give him a spin now. For this matter, she jokingly tests waters for potential threesome with him even earlier, "since you're already sharing him with his girlfriend".

Last edited:
Reactions: Deathzazor

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
There is a dialogue variance in the toilet where Ivy explicitly said she didn't bother going after Mike because he has a girlfriend.
Ivy says she "never really tried" because of it, but i think it has more to do with Ivy having tons of other potential hookups for whom she wouldn't be "the second option", and with Mike not showing any interest in her, than drawing a firm line per se.

All of the "never really tried" and "want to share him?" and "maybe i'll sleep with him now that you two are over" dialogues happen when Lena sleeps with Mike, so Lena's actions clearly don't influence whether Ivy swears off people in relationships or not.

Another example off the top of my head is like Cindy being pissed at Wade or being remorseful to Wade is highly dependent on Ian's actions with Wade too (whether Ian coming clean to Wade or not).
Cindy always feels guilty and dirty about betraying Wade, even if their relationship score is in the dumps. The score (which is determined by Ian's actions) does influence how the daily interactions between Cindy and Wade play out, though. (it's driven mainly by whether Ian stops Wade from drunkenly insulting Cindy when he discovers she had photo session) I presume this determines whether these two manage to patch things up, or break up down the road. Similar to how you can play matchmaker for Emma and Perry, or permit/prevent Holly's hookup with Mark. Your actions don't change characters' personalities*, but the circumstances which ultimately determine the outcome(s).

*) with caveat, as some of the player's actions do alter character's personalities -- holly_change, alison_sexy These are very explicit, though.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So far these are the GGGB cameos:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I completely forgot Mark was in GGGB. My Ashley left him blue balled and now Lena is blocking him from scoring with Holly and doesn't give him any attention. Even in the script half of the time the developer freudian slips and writes "Mike" instead of "Mark". Poor guy can't catch a break.

• Haha
Reactions: Beast Master69
4.60 star(s) 316 Votes