camube

Jun 4, 2022
It still is strange though, let's say that Ian and Lena are dating, there still should be an option to cheat with Alisson or refuse her. It's called temptation... people cheat in real life it happens.
I chose to have an open relationship with Lena and Ian still breaks it off with Alisson and Emma too, then what's the point of having an open relationship.
I think the open relationship part is something where it means Ian and Lena knows who the others are sleeping with. Like a sharing thing. It's not a pass to just sleep with anybody without the other knowing

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It still is strange though, let's say that Ian and Lena are dating, there still should be an option to cheat with Alisson or refuse her. It's called temptation... people cheat in real life it happens.
It is possible such opportunities appear down the road -- e.g. while Lena breaks off with Mike automatically, she can still have sex with him afterwards in Ch.10, cheating on Ian in certain circumstances. Just because characters try to do "the right thing" and have a monogamous relationship doesn't mean they'll be able to persist.

As for having options, some of the options are eliminated with player's earlier choices. Lena can resist the urge to masturbate to thoughts of Axel if she didn't develop sexual desire for him, but won't have this option otherwise.

I chose to have an open relationship with Lena and Ian still breaks it off with Alisson and Emma too, then what's the point of having an open relationship.
Supposedly this enables "experimenting together" as a pair. So you might get an opportunity for Lena x Ian x Alison threesome (or Lena x Ian x Emma) instead of cheating on your partner, who knows. Of course, there's also a question if Alison would want to play the third wheel in such arrangement, or if Lena would be okay with it, given her Cherry trauma.

But "open relationship" in this game doesn't mean sleeping with someone else behind the partner's back. That's just regular cheating.

Last edited:

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
It is possible such opportunities appear down the road -- e.g. while Lena breaks off with Mike automatically, she can still have sex with him afterwards in Ch.10, cheating on Ian in certain circumstances. Just because characters try to do "the right thing" and have a monogamous relationship doesn't mean they'll be able to persist.

As for having options, some of the options are eliminated with player's earlier choices. Lena can resist the urge to masturbate to thoughts of Axel if she didn't develop sexual desire for him, but won't have this option otherwise.

Supposedly this enables "experimenting together" as a pair. So you might get an opportunity for Lena x Ian x Alison threesome (or Lena x Ian x Emma) instead of cheating on your partner, who knows. Of course, there's also a question if Alison would want to play the third wheel in such arrangement, or if Lena would be okay with it, given her Cherry trauma.

But "open relationship" in this game doesn't mean sleeping with someone else behind the partner's back. That's just regular cheating.
I really hope that's the case, it seems ORS is more strict about relationships compared to GGGB.
Ashley could freely mess around when in an open relationship and even when not, she can even keep cheating till the end after she gets married. Still it seems weird to me that Ian cuts off Alisson and Emma but has no problem sleeping with Cindy, hell Lena can even cheat on Ian with Mike when he's right there with her in the club...
So why did Eva draw a red line for cheating on Lena with Alisson or Emma specifically ??

Last edited:

bebiho

Sep 16, 2016
I think eva should have 2 stans, the old one and this new one if you want him to be less of a nerd. The remastered has better visuals but old had better story i think

Btw, perry is a fkn ass.

Last edited:

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I really hope that's the case, it seems ORS is more strict about relationships compared to GGGB.
Ashley could freely mess around when in an open relationship and even when not, she can even keep cheating till the end after she gets married. Still it seems weird to me that Ian cuts off Alisson and Emma but has no problem sleeping with Cindy, hell Lena can even cheat on Ian with Mike when he's right there with her in the club...
So why did Eva draw a red line for cheating on Lena with Alisson or Emma specifically ??
I think it is more likely that Cindy is the exception rather than Alison and Emma.

The game already did stuff to setup Cindy and Lena as rivals, and the eventual outcome of IanxCindy will already involve some burned bridges either way if it were to ever come to light, so I think the story doesn't change much from Lena being personally wounded by it.

Emma on the other hand is chill with everyone, and she is the one who stops pursuing Ian once she learns he and Lena are in a serious relationship now. I would be straight up shocked if she isn't an eventual candidate for threesomes and open relationship stuff later but for now you'll miss some exclusive scenes with her.

Alison is a bit more interesting, I don't really know why the dev wants her to not be a direct source of conflict with Lena like Cindy will be. My guess is that because Ian cheating on Lena with Alison wouldn't really fracture Ian's friend group like the revelation of the Cindy relationship will, but also because Alison doesn't have the same stakes as Cindy to also want to keep their relationship hidden for as long as possible. I do think it would make sense to eventually be able to get some threesome stuff with Alison if you didn't get her hopes up and mostly left her for Jeremy since she would still have a crush on Ian and Jeremy does a lot to "corrupt" her, but I guess the dev is not interested in Alison having too much impact on the main story so same as Emma stuff with her is on hold until Ian and Lena can talk more about how they want to "experiment".

KV120

Nov 12, 2017
Hey so I keep getting an error when the prompt for when the cards are supposed to show for what type of book Ian can make. Here's the log. If anyone has seen a fix for it, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'card1_scifi.webp'>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'card1_scifi.webp'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/JDMOD/scripts/story/chapter_2.rpyc", line 591, in script
;V P/ ~ V 1 {Y b pQ¦j H M1#>@ h _ ݝ n D n ` X
.~
L9 uMC =P?dz ۣ^L z0< J ` ׅ
w 7܏p %Js { r ! vao& i' T ( Fh # (Ш5 G w ~ ?\ 8 p
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3134, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3834, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2555, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 824, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 688, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 733, in render
return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 187, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 791, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1254, in render
st, at)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 623, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 287, in get
surf = image.load()
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 704, in load
raise e
IOError: Couldn't find file 'card1_scifi.webp'.

Reactions: priv.ryan
4.60 star(s) 316 Votes