Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
If you're not as terrible at communicating as the people from the ORS universe are, I'd hope you'd actually communicate that you're fucking your friend to your partner before you become monogamous, because if you don't and you're saying it's a monogamous relationship then it's just lying about being monogamous lol

I still think you'd be dumb to get mad at the partner about the sex, just about the lying in this particular case
I would be mad if the sex continued after "the talk". What's the point in monogamy if you still have a bunch of sex with different people?
When my ex and I started to get serious with each other, I know for a fact she and her "special friend" stopped seeing each other, as to be expected from a normal monogamous couple.

Reactions: ffive and Cedrog

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
He's the rich old guy who wants to exclusively photograph you and offers you a lot of money. You don't have sex with him (EDIT) oh I see now seymour is mr ward my mistake.
As for that corrupt guy's offer I declined when playing leena for fear the date with him could lead to sexual I did not want that.

Last edited:

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
If that's an open relationship or you are both polyamorous, sure.
But you can commit to a monogamous relationship and fuck around and say "It's not cheating because we were doing it before we committed" doesn't work like that in the real world.
You talk like you have never had sex or been in a relationship.

Sex isn't that big of a deal. It's not this "sacred" thing that you must only do if you are married or in a relationship with someone. People can have casual sex without being attached to one another because sex is such a primal thing we "all" want/need but being in a relationship or being married isn't.

This absolutely doesn't mean that people who don't hold sex on a pedestal would cheat on their SO because "sex" and "relationship" are not the same thing. That's such a weird take to have/narrative to push. People can be (and are) casual about sex while committing to a monogamous relationship.

• Angry
Reactions: Esti

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
People can be (and are) casual about sex while committing to a monogamous relationship.
Uhm, no. People who are casual about sex with people other than their partner are in open relationship* Monogamous relationship is kind of defined by having only one sexual partner. It's why it's called "mono-" and not "poly-" gamous. It's literally what "mono" means.

*) as long as we are talking about actual sleeping around while in a relationship, vs just opinion that "casual sex when not in monogamous relationship isn't a big deal". Perhaps we have some miscommunication going on here.

Last edited:

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
You talk like you have never had sex or been in a relationship.

Sex isn't that big of a deal. It's not this "sacred" thing that you must only do if you are married or in a relationship with someone. People can have casual sex without being attached to one another because sex is such a primal thing we "all" want/need but being in a relationship or being married isn't.

This absolutely doesn't mean that people who don't hold sex on a pedestal would cheat on their SO because "sex" and "relationship" are not the same thing. That's such a weird take to have/narrative to push. People can be (and are) casual about sex while committing to a monogamous relationship.
How the fuck did you get to that conclusion from what I said?
I don't understand how being loyal to your monogamous partner is putting sex on a pedestal or being apposed to casual sex?
If jumping to conclusion is a sport you are at least a silver medalist.

To elaborate further - A monogamous relationship is basically a verbal contract that you exclusively have sex with your partner and nobody else.
If you keep sticking your tongue in somebody else's twat after you agreed to the contract, you are breaking said contract and thus, cheating.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Once again, the game clearly treats Ian and Lena as, let's say, “attached” the moment they commit. A proper open relationship would have Lena mentioning Louise shortly after that, but the game doesn't make it happen.
To be fair the game actually has Lena mention her ongoing flings during her talk with Ian:
Python:
                    # A - lena open
                    if lena_robert_dating or lena_mike_dating or v8_jeremy_sex or (lena_louise_sex and lena_reject_louise == False):
                        i "So is that a yes?"
                        l "It is... Kind of."
                        i "Kind of?"
                        l "You've been honest with me, so I will do the same."
                        l "I'm going through some kind of... \"experimenting\" phase right now."
# ...
                            i "So... Are you still interested in... {i}experimenting{/i}?"
                        l "I have... mixed feelings about it."
                        l "I have to admit it felt nice being able to do whatever without worrying about hurting anyone..."
                        l "But that won't be the case anymore."
Note, Lena's comment about "that not being the case anymore" can be interpreted as her being aware her continued "experimenting" will be emotionally hurtful, not necessarily that she's going to stop it (completely and/or immediately) :v

It's certainly not an open relationship, not as of chapter 10.
Technically it can be defined as "open relationship" during chapter 9 talk, if both sides have slept with other people, or if Ian is horny enough:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Although this shouldn't be treated as excuse for Lena to continue her "fun" with Louise, given she breaks off her other flings, and the talk clearly mentions "experimenting together" and not behind each other's back.

Last edited:

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
It's really simple, you can have all the casual sex you want, but if you don't stop it after you get into a monogamous relationship you are a straight-up cheater
Well, yes. I haven't been following the entire convo but was anyone disputing this? Seems like a clear-cut thing.

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Well, yes. I haven't been following the entire convo but was anyone disputing this? Seems like a clear-cut thing.
Well, people claim that because Lusie is a girl it's not cheating.
It seems having your fingers in somebody else's pie is not sexual.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
Now, that's just stupid

It's definitely cheating.
Some fall into the obvious troll traps though. Unfortunately there people who are also so stupid they shouldn't be allowed to breed ever. They are denuding the human gene pool which is already denuded.

Reactions: throw3912

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
I've tried on leena to get holly's relationship to become a heart and it just would not change to a heart I've even played a new game where ian's relationship was maxed out with holly til the end of this version and still could not get the smiley face to change to a heart so It seems that it's not possible until the next update.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That's very vague and she clearly didn't stop if they agreed on the relationship part.
Maybe I am wrong here but if Lena is to "experimental" she would refuse Ian anyway and they agree to keep it casual.
It's hardly vague for Ian, he appears to understand what Lena means, as any adult would. The player obviously also understands what Lena means, given they're the person who orchestrated these "experiments" in the first place.

Lena responds to Ian's request here. If you want to keep things casual, you can have Ian tell Lena this is what he wants, and she will agree. But if you tell her that Ian wants something more serious, she can agree to this request with potential --voiced-- caveat that she's currently "experimenting" and has mixed feelings about endings these experiments.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I've tried on leena to get holly's relationship to become a heart and it just would not change to a heart I've even played a new game where ian's relationship was maxed out with holly til the end of this version and still could not get the smiley face to change to a heart so It seems that it's not possible until the next update.
If you had Ian interact with Holly to the point where they kissed or went further, or Lena got serious with Ian, then Lena won't initiate anything romantic with Holly.

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
If you had Ian interact with Holly to the point where they kissed or went further, or Lena got serious with Ian, then Lena won't initiate anything romantic with Holly.
When playing ian I never once dated or romanced and never got serious with anyone except holly ian and holly did more then just kiss (Sex) but kissed more then once I was trying to stick with one girl romantically no ntr/cheat/unfaithful same with playing lena only got serious with one person and that was her roommate it ended in her roommate having a heart for lena if I did it wrong please let me know?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
When playing ian I never once dated or romanced and never got serious with anyone except holly ian and holly did more then just kiss (Sex) but kissed more then once I was trying to stick with one girl romantically no ntr/cheat/unfaithful same with playing lena only got serious with one person and that was her roommate it ended in her roommate having a heart for lena if I did it wrong please let me know?
Well, it is like i already said: if in your game you had Ian romance Holly, then Lena won't be able to pick romance options with Holly. Holly can only have one partner, either Ian or Lena. Maybe it will change in future updates, but it's something only the developer knows at this point.

If you want Lena and Holly to have romantic relations, then you will need Ian to friendzone Holly and pick someone other than Holly for his romantic interest.

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
As ffive said only one MC can start something with Holly (romantic or casual). Louise doesn't have a romance path, it's always sex only. The rejection by Lena when she's tired that gets Louise mad always happens. It's possible to have sex later in the game though.

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
As ffive said only one MC can start something with Holly (romantic or casual). Louise doesn't have a romance path, it's always sex only. The rejection by Lena when she's tired that gets Louise mad always happens. It's possible to have sex later in the game though.
So I am guessing playing as lena and the just sex with louise the smiley face still changes to a heart? In my opinion if that is just lust than it should change to something other then a heart a heart will always stand for love/romance so I hope the dev makes another icon to fit the lust/just sex that would make more sense for an example: similar icon to the lust flam icon just a bit different as for playing ian and romancing holly I've followed the walkthrough/guide to win over holly there was only two holly paths one was what looked like romance and the other lead to options to make holly's disposition to -1 or more I've followed every holly's disposition of +1 or more still never changed to a heart.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So I am guessing playing as lena and the just sex with louise the smiley face still changes to a heart?
Heart icon indicates choices which put the character on path where sex happens. Whether this is just hookups or something deeper is determined further down the road.

Choices which establish "deeper" relationship are indicated with icon of two wedding bands.

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
Heart icon indicates choices which put the character on path where sex happens. Whether this is just hookups or something deeper is determined further down the road.

Choices which establish "deeper" relationship are indicated with icon of two wedding bands.
Still a heart don't represent sex sex fits in the lust category and a fire or flame icon should have been made that would make more sense but still a good story.

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes