ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
URM says required condition Stan Change > 0 was False what is that?
This condition controls whether Let's talk about this... is selectable. It is currently bugged (in the sense you can't obtain higher value in the game) and to be fixed in the forthcoming patch.

If you are using some kind of mod then perhaps that's what is responsible for the option not being shown for you.

Reactions: Steviejohnson805

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
This condition controls whether Let's talk about this... is selectable. It is currently bugged (in the sense you can't obtain higher value in the game) and to be fixed in the forthcoming patch.

If you are using some kind of mod then perhaps that's what is responsible for the option not being shown for you.
I just added the mod to see if the condition would show up to try to figure out what I'm missing, you'd think not having the conditions met it would still be greyed out like normal.

noturiah

Sep 2, 2021
So, I actually thought this small update was rather good. A couple sexy new scenes, and some plot development in various small ways which I think sets up the second half of the game well. I think it's a fine time for Gillian to reappear, just in time for Lena to be away at her parents' for the weekend. Some people have complained that Gillian is for Ian just a rehash of Axel for Lena, but two comments: first, it's called Our Red String. Sure, Ian and Lena may be building a deep love - or not, depending on how you play the story - but either way they are both dealing with the "strings" which tie them in their relationships, some sexual, some friendship, some filial, work, etc. Gillian was always going to show up and Ian was going to have figure out if he was over her, same as Lena with Axel. Second comment: But Gillian is different. We don't know her character, only by hearsay. Who is she, how has she changed since being Ian? Axel doesn't seem to have changed much at all, but Gillian may have. Also, we still don't know, though we suspect, she's Mike's girlfriend. What if, even if Ian is over her and now fully with Lena (or Holly, or Alison, or with his right hand) Gillian has a bigger part to play in Lena's storyline if Lena is involved with Mike? That would be an interesting twist, that she may be appearing now not primarily to interact with Ian, but rather with Lena.

Other things I see as moving forward. Wade and Cindy being on a break seems to have some people's tailfeathers aflutter, and I don't understand why. Some say it's bad writing that makes Ian's interventions (for or against their relationship) meaningless. Not only do we not know that yet, it's also very easy to see that even if they eventually reconcile, of course Wade and Cindy were going to break up! They are nothing alike, they don't enjoy or see value in what the other person is interested in, they don't actually trust each other all that much, they fight and don't bother patching things up but instead drift to a status quo. When you've seen relationships in real life like that, don't they almost always come apart? I see it as good writing, true to life writing.

And while we're on the subject of true to life writing, what's all this whining about Stan suddenly being "stereotypical"? Do you know people like Stan? I do, guys and a girl or two: natural misanthropes whose trademark is not some "incel" attitude but rather people who are simply so deep into their own heads and their own extravagant, all-or-nothing perspective on the world, any perceived slight is like the sky falling down around them. They're introverted drama queens who build up an obsessive fantasy about love or sex or put a specific guy or girl on a pedestal, and when reality intrudes - because the real world always does sooner or later - they can't handle it and their emotions change from irrationally worshipful to irrationally hateful in three seconds flat. Stan's conversation with Lena - you know the one - is very true to life. Here's a thought: what if the reworking on Stan that Eva did wasn't so Stan could be more "interesting" or viable as a love interest or more moderate as a character? What if Eva changed things and gave Stan a little more concrete interaction in Lena's life so that, when the reality of her not being attracted to him came crashing down, Stan could have some real tools to try to hurt her with? Depending on the playthrough, Stan could have glamour and/or racy photos - what if those got spread far and wide online, or posted up at the cafe? Stan knows about Stalkfap; what if he doxxes Lena and shares her address and phone number? Depending on other things, for example if Lena isn't posing for Seymour, it's possible Stan could really do some damage.

Someone mentioned tensions with Lena's flatmates. Well, there's the increased rent, Louise is spending a month away, and Stan is showing his true colors. Who could Lena move in with instead? Lots of options, depending on playthroughs: Ian, Holly, Ivy, Emma, Louise, even living on her own if modeling for Seymour. What if in an apartment paid for by Seymour? What if she has been dragged back to Axel's whims? Lots of options.

New things to be excited about: the beach house with lots of fun and shenanigans - in bikinis! Cindy vs. Ivy in a potentially gruesome catfight because of the Wildcats contract! Ian x Lena x ? in the new threesome option if you're on that path! Emma getting a cool storyline at the old movie theater which can open up a new throughline for her and maybe new sex scenes! Don't forget the recent advances in an Ian x Jess storyline and the reappearance of Nat in Ian's office!

I do have one question I have not seen an answer to yet. In one of my playthroughs with the ch.11 prologue I ran into Lena getting an "unknown" text which turns out to be from Mark, who invites her for drinks. One of the greyed out options was for Lena to say "What about Holly?" I know about Holly giving a blowjob to Mark from a different playthrough, but because of other choices I'd made with Lena, didn't get the text from Mark at all there. For those who could select "What about Holly?" I'm really curious to hear how Mark responds to it.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
For those who could select "What about Holly?" I'm really curious to hear how Mark responds to it.
This is how Mark can respond (depending on how far things with Holly have advanced):
Python:
                "What about Holly?" if holly_guy > 0:
                    if holly_guy == 2:
                        l "{i}Wait, aren't you dating my friend Holly?{/i}"
                        ma "{i}Dating? Barely {image=emoji_laugh.webp}{/i}"
                        ma "{i}She was just curious and asked me to help her have some fun, that's all.{/i}"
                        ma "{i}So, what do you say? Do you want to have some fun, too? {image=emoji_devil.webp}{/i}"
                    else:
                        l "{i}Before that, what's the deal between you and my friend Holly?{/i}"
                        ma "{i}No deal, Ivy introduced us and we've been getting to know each other, but I'm not sure she's really interested, to be honest...{/i}"
                        ma "{i}So, what about you? Are you interested?{image=emoji_wink.webp}{/i}"
In short, Mark is the same dick he was in GGGB. :v

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
And while we're on the subject of true to life writing, what's all this whining about Stan suddenly being "stereotypical"? Do you know people like Stan? I do, guys and a girl or two: natural misanthropes whose trademark is not some "incel" attitude but rather people who are simply so deep into their own heads and their own extravagant, all-or-nothing perspective on the world, any perceived slight is like the sky falling down around them. They're introverted drama queens who build up an obsessive fantasy about love or sex or put a specific guy or girl on a pedestal, and when reality intrudes - because the real world always does sooner or later - they can't handle it and their emotions change from irrationally worshipful to irrationally hateful in three seconds flat. Stan's conversation with Lena - you know the one - is very true to life.
The problem with Stan right now is the friendlier "Let's talk about this..." option is bugged, so we don't know how he reacts on that route. He could be more reasonable there.

Thing is, he's been a loser his entire life with little to no real friends and/or caring people who actually teach him what needs to be done to be a better person. Being rejected harshly by his object of passion and obsession would definitely frustrate him to one end.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The problem with Stan right now is because the friendlier "Let's talk about this..." option is bugged, so we don't know how he reacts on that route. He could react more reasonably there.
He does. That is, if his _change variable is active then he's sad but basically accepts what Lena tells him without making a scene.

(alternatively, Lena can accept his declaration and it seems they'll be dating down the road)

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
Oh man the game is wrapping up. Kind of sad to see it ending but hey it has to at some point but it really felt like some of the relationships were really just getting off the ground. I'm just hoping to see how much of a mess I can make for Ian at this point. He was the only guy that didn't seem to have any flaws other than being a dreamer so I made him try to get into as many pants as possible. Was even not very caring of Holly but I think I'm going to stick with Cindy since Holly x Ian doesn't seem to have much spice. Was hoping for maybe a dom sub thing. But overall I loved the aspect of playing from multiple perspectives and having most of the characters be a mixed bag.

Nov 1, 2022
Oh man the game is wrapping up. Kind of sad to see it ending but hey it has to at some point but it really felt like some of the relationships were really just getting off the ground. I'm just hoping to see how much of a mess I can make for Ian at this point. He was the only guy that didn't seem to have any flaws other than being a dreamer so I made him try to get into as many pants as possible. Was even not very caring of Holly but I think I'm going to stick with Cindy since Holly x Ian doesn't seem to have much spice. Was hoping for maybe a dom sub thing. But overall I loved the aspect of playing from multiple perspectives and having most of the characters be a mixed bag.
We're halfway through with the game. It probably won't end until 2025

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
Ah I'm an idiot I read prologue and for some weird reason my brain processed it as epilogue so I thought it was wrapping up which really seemed odd to me. Good to know it's just me getting a momentary brain fart.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Is there no way to "talk about it" with Stan when he tells you he loves you ?
Hi all, just to confirm it here. The Stan dialogue is indeed bugged, the `Let's talk about this` option is impossible to unlock. If you use the console to meet the requirements the second dialogue menu that shows is also bugged. I'll try to get Eva to release a fix as soon as possible.

Ebet Ebety

Jun 3, 2017
Bro either hates Ian to the core or self-inserts himself through Ian.
Lol!
Though I sort of get it in some way. I mean I completely and utterly loathe Lena (miss "so perfect I have no flaws"... get out of here!) and I totally want to see her go down in flames and dragged through the mud; so I tend to pick every possible bad choice for her. Yeah I know I'm really fucked up, but what can I say xD
I don't know why I have such a strong dislike for her, I'd normally just find flawless characters uninteresting, but maybe it's because I'm absolutely smitten with Holly and I hate Lena for stealing the role of the female main character from her. Add to it the fact that Cherry is my second favorite girl and that probably completes the picture LMFAO!

• Angry
Reactions: Balsamic

unocrus

Oct 28, 2018
Also, we still don't know, though we suspect, she's Mike's girlfriend. What if, even if Ian is over her and now fully with Lena (or Holly, or Alison, or with his right hand) Gillian has a bigger part to play in Lena's storyline if Lena is involved with Mike? That would be an interesting twist, that she may be appearing now not primarily to interact with Ian, but rather with Lena.
This would make for an interesting twist if Mike is involved with not one, but two women Ian has had feelings for.

Reactions: ffive and noturiah

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Incidentally, a fun thought regarding Gillian...
Python:
                "Ask about Mike's girlfriend" if v9miketalkb == False:
                    l "So... How's it going with your girl?"
                    mk "It's okay..."
                    l "Just okay?"
                    mk "It's fine. It's my first time living together with my girlfriend, so I'm still getting used to it."
                    mk "She's pretty busy with her new job though, so she gives me plenty of space, which is nice. So far everything's been going alright."
                    l "How long have you been with her?"
                    mk "About a year... And we moved here like three months ago or so."
So, Mike and his girlfriend have been together for about a year. And until few months ago lived elsewhere.

We also know that Mike's girlfriend has relatively small breasts.

View attachment 2387074

Just... kind of makes you wonder. :sneaky:
remind me again when did the Lena Mike conversation happened?

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes