ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
But if your girlfriend doesn’t just cheat on you as a one night stand, but actually meets someone else who they end up dumping you for; wouldn't you at the very least have checked their social media to see who the person is? And if you're the other guy, wouldn't you do the same to see who the person whose girlfriend you stole is?
Not necessarily. If you're cheated on and broke up, then you might want to stay the heck away from your ex-gf's social media, instead of checking it for her new guy. Similarly, unless you have a cucking fetish then you don't necessarily care all that much about who the current/previous partner of your new gf/bf was. Consider how Lena never asks to see any picture of Mike's gf he's cheating on with her or even for her name, much less about her social media. She just isn't all that interested in knowing her identity. So it's not out of the question that Gillian's new guy similarly didn't care to learn about Ian.

(alternatively, there's a possibility Mike actually knows about Ian, and that's why he avoided interacting with him at Ivy's party, even though he had opportunities to do so. Admittedly this would be a bit more of a stretch)

Last edited:

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017
I am curious, what brought Gillian back to talk to Ian now. I don't think she missed him as she would have shown up earlier and I do not know what she would need from Ian. Maybe she thinks Mike is cheating on her, and it does not have to be Lena necessarily. I could see Mike having several side pieces

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I am curious, what brought Gillian back to talk to Ian now. I don't think she missed him as she would have shown up earlier and I do not know what she would need from Ian.
That meeting seems entirely accidental -- Gillian is said to look just as shocked to see Ian, as Ian is to see her.

The game city is pretty large, so it's entirely possible they'd both spend months there without running into each other.

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
About the theory that Gillian is Mike’s girlfriend: Isn’t it too unlikely that neither Ian nor Mike have any idea who the other one is?

The timeline in itself fits decently. I vaguely remember Ian mentioning early in the game that it’s almost a year since he and Gillian split up, and also Mike mentions that he’s been together with his girlfriend for about a year. Apart from that we also know that Gillian's breast size fits with how Mike describes his girlfriend.

But if your girlfriend doesn’t just cheat on you as a one night stand, but actually meets someone else who they end up dumping you for; wouldn't you at the very least have checked their social media to see who the person is? And if you're the other guy, wouldn't you do the same to see who the person whose girlfriend you stole is? After Ivy's birthday party it seems clear that they haven't seen each other before.

If it still turns out to be true, I agree that it’s a bit lazy. Some of the earlier coincidences worked really well: Like Jeremy turning out to be both Ian's friend and Louise's "boyfriend" (it's introduced early in the story when all the connections are being established), and Cindy's photographer who's also Lena's ex (we're aware of it from the beginning even if the characters aren't, and as a hotshot photographer it makes sense that Axel has a lot of connections). The revelation about Cherry and Axel felt a bit more far-fetched—like something that's forced into the story to make things add up. Gillian being Mike's girlfriend would be in the same category for me. That's both because of the total amount of coincidences and the fact that those coincidences are more eye-catching later on in the story when the universe is established and we assume we know all the connections between the characters.

Still I wouldn't consider it a big issue if we're being pragmatic. From a narrative point of view there's a lot you can do with that connection, and with how Lena's cheating with Mike mirrors Gillian's cheating and Axel's cheating. And for the moral dilemma of Lena's affair with Mike to be as effectful as possible, I think his girlfriend should be introduced at some point—if it actually turns out to be Gillian, Eva won't have to introduce yet another character for it to happen.

Either way the prologue confirms that Eva has changed her mind from her earlier comments about Gillian's role in the game. I assume that means she has some clear plans for what she wants to add to the story. Regardless of whether Gillian is Mike's girlfriend or not, I think this is a good moment to do that: A surprisingly big part of chapter 10 dealt with Ian's and Lena's feelings about Lena's possible sexual involvement with other guys. Gillian's return is a very natural ingredient in that mix.
And one additional thing: From what I remember, we know next to nothing about what actually happened between Ian and Gillian, other than that she cheated and that Ian has had a very hard time dealing with it. Did it happen once or twice, or was it something that went on behind his back for a long time? Did Gillian admit it herself, did he suspect it and confront her, or did he catch them in the act? How much does even Ian know himself?

Those questions don't necessarily have to be answered—and I don't think we know the details of how Lena found out about Axel and Cherry either—but it sure is a good time to dive deeper into it. Either through Ian's interior monologue, or Ian and Gillian meeting to talks things through. And for Ian in turn to either come to terms with things and move on … or completely lose himself in thoughts about all the other dicks his love interests have enjoyed.
Right now, both Gillian and Mike's GF are a mystery. We don't know too much about them and because of that we try to form some connections based on what we know.
Gillian:
  • not as tall as Allison
  • cheated on Ian, but it looks like only Ian knows what really happened
  • it's been a year since Ian last saw her
  • dream - we don't know if anything is real, but it's probably based on a real discussion
    • moved outside of town
    • wants to pursue a job abroad, she might move back in town if she finds something good
Mike's GF:
  • small breast
  • she's into anal sex
  • one year old relationship, but they live in the same place for about a 3 months - the place is situated outside town
  • busy with a new job
Some details match - the one year gap and the fact that they don't live inside the city. It is also possible that Gillian cheated with someone else and that is why Ian has no knowledge about Mike. But I think there is also another possibility. Why not subvert expectations and find out that Nat is Mike's GF. We already know from GGGB that she likes anal and we just find out that she is coordinating a department inside Hierofant. An entire department is not an easy task, hence she's busy.

Anyway, based on the chapter 11 title, I assume that we'll find out what happened. Wounds - could cover a lot of things
  • the wounds of the heart
    • what caused them: the entire chapter could be a flash back.
    • what will heal them: Ian discussing with Gillian, Lena having a cup of coffee with Axel
    • how to move on: Ian discussing with Lena
  • physical wounds
    • Lena's parents, if we get to see them
    • Ian and Jeremy during the boxing tournament
    • Ian after Wade kicks his ass for sleeping with Cindy
    • Ian after Perry kicks his ass for sleeping with Emma
    • Axel after Ivy kicks his ass for choosing Cindy or Lena over her ... maybe I went too far

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Why not subvert expectations and find out that Nat is Mike's GF.
That's interesting, but Nat has been in happy and open relationship with a guy who wasn't named Mike in GGGB. They could've broken up, but it'd be a --quite unnecessary-- extra step to accommodate such situation.

Reactions: BloodyMares

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Is there anything new in the beta version? also if not would there be any new scene in the final version?
It looks that in addition to bug fixes it also addresses the complaint about Lena not acknowledging she and Hollly might've had sex, in the talk about Holly's "love life". (note, it'll trigger only for their intimate sex, not for the "training" at Ivy's place)

Also, for the stan_change variable to be set to required value Stan stans will need to replay Ch.10 Lena side, and pick I'm sorry you feel this way when consoling their little incel. Note, this will require Lena's wits or charisma to be at 7+

Last edited:

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
That's interesting, but Nat has been in happy and open relationship with a guy who wasn't named Mike in GGGB. They could've broken up, but it'd be a --quite unnecessary-- extra step to accommodate such situation.
The glasses guy, right?

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I guess it depends on what the "cannon" ending for Nat is in GGGB. Seemed implied that Damian would be pretty upset to find out just how much time Nat was spending with Jack, even in their open relationship, in a couple of different endings.

Reactions: Kaparzo
4.60 star(s) 312 Votes