fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
About the Cindy situation and all the discourse around it, I think there are several different questions to be asked.

Was Cindy justified?

Will Cindy cheat on Ian?

Would a man of sound mind pursue a relationship in real life with someone that is a real life equivalent of Cindy?

My answers are as follows:

1. Cindy was not justified. Yes Wade absolutely neglected her and her wants and needs, which is grounds for breaking up. BUT not for cheating. Imo the only justification for cheating is in cases of physical abuse or in cases of extreme mental abuse. Victims in these situations often can't leave the relantionship and cheating can therefore be justified. Neglect can also be a form of abuse, but I don't think Wade's neglect rises to the standard of extreme abuse. All of this is obviously contigent on our understanding of their relationship and we don't know if things are different between them behind closed doors as we only see Ian's and Lena's perspectives, not Cindy's or Wade's.

2. I think Cindy has the highest chance of cheating on Ian out of the main cast, besides Lena of course. This is because we have seen her already cheat so it could definetly happen again. If this were to happen I could see two reasons for this happening. The first would be because Ian falls into the same traps as Wade and somehow neglects Cindy, maybe the player can make Ian cheat on Cindy even. The second way it might happen is if Ian becomes too pushy or protective over Cindy's modelling. We can already see Ian lose relantionship points if Ian tells Axel hands off when he touches Cindy's face, but not when he touches her leg. Clearly there is a theshold for what Cindy will accept from Axel and the industry in general and that theshold might not be the same as Ian's. All of this being said, its not inevitable that Cindy will cheat on Ian on the romantic route. Eva Kiss wouldnt subject her followers to NTR/getting cheated on content withhout warning or foreshadowing. It would be the most unpopular decision if she did force the Cindy route to turn into an Ian getting cheated on route without a cheating free alternative route. IMO its already kind of a bummer that we can't make Cindy agree to break up without sleeping with her atleast once.

3. If this were real life no man who doesn't want to be cheated on would pursue Cindy after knowing she cheated. Yes she cheated under specific circumstances with a close friend after her boyfriend had neglected her for presumably months, BUT still she demonstrated the capacity to cheat and more importantly the ability to justify cheating. Even if a relantionship with her would be different, nothings is to say she wouldnt find a new frustration with her new boyfriend and cheat again. That might be an extreme philosophy to some, but personally that is the most obvious thing to me. why would anyone ever want to date someone they know has cheated on someone in the past.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
3. If this were real life no man who doesn't want to be cheated on would pursue Cindy after knowing she cheated. Yes she cheated under specific circumstances with a close friend after her boyfriend had neglected her for presumably months, BUT still she demonstrated the capacity to cheat and more importantly the ability to justify cheating.
Every single human being has capacity to cheat and ability to justify it to themselves. It's merely a matter whether they choose to, and that's mostly down to circumstances. If they haven't cheated up to this point then they haven't (yet) encountered circumstances where it would happen, but this absolutely doesn't guarantee such circumstances won't happen.

The "no man would pursue Cindy knowing she's cheated" is evidently false. There's plenty of both men and women who get seriously involved with people they know to have cheated at some point in life. They don't do it because they want to be cheated on.

Something worth to consider here: "they've done it once so they'll do it again" isn't necessarily right. In some cases, much like with many other actions, it can be "they've done it once and that's why they won't do it again" -- because the experience turned out to be too distressing emotionally, and they don't want a repeat of it.

Last edited:

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
Every single human being has capacity to cheat and ability to justify it to themselves. It's merely a matter whether they choose to, and that's mostly down to circumstances. If they haven't cheated up to this point then they haven't (yet) encountered circumstances where it would happen, but this absolutely doesn't guarantee such circumstances won't happen.

The "no man would pursue Cindy knowing she's cheated" is evidently false. There's plenty of both men and women who get seriously involved with people they know to have cheated at some point in life. They don't do it because they want to be cheated on.

Something worth to consider here: "they've done it once so they'll do it again" isn't necessarily right. In some cases, much like with many other actions, it can be "they've done it once and that's why they won't do it again" -- because the experience turned out to be too distressing emotionally, and they don't want a repeat of it.
Yeah I agree with every point, which is why I caviated each of my points. I didnt say someone who has cheated would 100% do it again, if i did believe that I'd be criticizing Cindy's story for being unrealistic, all I said was that in real life it doesnt make sense to pursue someone who has done it. Not because they would 100% chance do it again, just that they might do it again and have the personality to maliciously hurt their partner for self-centered reasons. You dont know what another person might do to you so the best way to evaluate someone's personality is to look at their prior behavior.

"There's plenty of both men and women who get seriously involved with people they know to have cheated at some point in life. They don't do it because they want to be cheated on." yeah and I'd call them idiots.

• Angry
Reactions: Lexkar83

The Dark Moonshine

Game Developer
Oct 15, 2020
We are down to less than 1 update per year now.
In general, do you prefer 1 big update per year or 4/5 minor updates?
I'm thinking about what's the best for my new game, the previous one usually has 10 minor updates per year but I'm not sure is the best.

Sheet420

Sep 4, 2016
In general, do you prefer 1 big update per year or 4/5 minor updates?
I'm thinking about what's the best for my new game, the previous one usually has 10 minor updates per year but I'm not sure is the best.
I'd say that you should keep the updates shorter and frequent in the beginning to garner interest and once you have a dedicated playerbase you can gradually switch to more substantive releases that are farther apart. This seems to be the main approach of most other devs and I think it's a good one.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah I agree with every point, which is why I caviated each of my points. I didnt say someone who has cheated would 100% do it again, if i did believe that I'd be criticizing Cindy's story for being unrealistic, all I said was that in real life it doesnt make sense to pursue someone who has done it. Not because they would 100% chance do it again, just that they might do it again and have the personality to maliciously hurt their partner for self-centered reasons. You dont know what another person might do to you so the best way to evaluate someone's personality is to look at their prior behavior.

"There's plenty of both men and women who get seriously involved with people they know to have cheated at some point in life. They don't do it because they want to be cheated on." yeah and I'd call them idiots.
First, how do you know someone cheated before dating her/him? Do you blunty ask them if they ever cheated in their life?

Second, it may be because you think you're the right one who will fulfill their need and they won't cheat anymore.

Reactions: sava75 and ffive

Nikko_

May 31, 2017
About the Cindy situation and all the discourse around it, I think there are several different questions to be asked.

Was Cindy justified?

Will Cindy cheat on Ian?

Would a man of sound mind pursue a relationship in real life with someone that is a real life equivalent of Cindy?

My answers are as follows:

1. Cindy was not justified. Yes Wade absolutely neglected her and her wants and needs, which is grounds for breaking up. BUT not for cheating. Imo the only justification for cheating is in cases of physical abuse or in cases of extreme mental abuse. Victims in these situations often can't leave the relantionship and cheating can therefore be justified. Neglect can also be a form of abuse, but I don't think Wade's neglect rises to the standard of extreme abuse. All of this is obviously contigent on our understanding of their relationship and we don't know if things are different between them behind closed doors as we only see Ian's and Lena's perspectives, not Cindy's or Wade's.

2. I think Cindy has the highest chance of cheating on Ian out of the main cast, besides Lena of course. This is because we have seen her already cheat so it could definetly happen again. If this were to happen I could see two reasons for this happening. The first would be because Ian falls into the same traps as Wade and somehow neglects Cindy, maybe the player can make Ian cheat on Cindy even. The second way it might happen is if Ian becomes too pushy or protective over Cindy's modelling. We can already see Ian lose relantionship points if Ian tells Axel hands off when he touches Cindy's face, but not when he touches her leg. Clearly there is a theshold for what Cindy will accept from Axel and the industry in general and that theshold might not be the same as Ian's. All of this being said, its not inevitable that Cindy will cheat on Ian on the romantic route. Eva Kiss wouldnt subject her followers to NTR/getting cheated on content withhout warning or foreshadowing. It would be the most unpopular decision if she did force the Cindy route to turn into an Ian getting cheated on route without a cheating free alternative route. IMO its already kind of a bummer that we can't make Cindy agree to break up without sleeping with her atleast once.

3. If this were real life no man who doesn't want to be cheated on would pursue Cindy after knowing she cheated. Yes she cheated under specific circumstances with a close friend after her boyfriend had neglected her for presumably months, BUT still she demonstrated the capacity to cheat and more importantly the ability to justify cheating. Even if a relantionship with her would be different, nothings is to say she wouldnt find a new frustration with her new boyfriend and cheat again. That might be an extreme philosophy to some, but personally that is the most obvious thing to me. why would anyone ever want to date someone they know has cheated on someone in the past.
1. I agree

2. I disagree. Of course it is possible that Cindy could cheat. But how is she the one with the highest chance when almost every other girl in the game sleeps around because they are horny and find a guy attractive. With Cindy, Ian had to build an emotional connection previous to fucking her.

3. Are you crazy? "No man who doesn't want to be cheated would pursue a cheater". That is completely false. If we were to do that 1 out of every 4 girls would instantly be unavailable to pursue. What you write is the ideal world, not the actual world.
The people who dont want to be cheated on is almost everybody. And the people who would still try to make it work with a hot guy or girl even if they know they once cheated is also almost everybody.
Look, I wont forgive infidelity ON ME, not once. And of course I would be cautious on pursuing a girl who cheated. But like most, I wont close that door.
P.S: I probably just risked being taken as a Cindy simp, but whatever. I just wanted to share my take and so I did.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
It's not exactly unrealistic: Cindy cheats on Wade with Ian because she's attracted to Ian and severely disappointed with her boyfriend. If Ian doesn't become another Wade neglecting and disappointing her there's no real reason to expect this happen again (other than wishful thinking, ofc)

Your line of reasoning is kind of "oh, he's shot and killed a criminal so it's unrealistic to expect he won't shoot and kill an innocent man". Context can make a lot of difference in actions taken (or not taken)
pls be relaistic I dont know how much eva tries to make there personalities (real or realistic) so maybe she will break cheracter but cindy is not holly. I know cindy is hot and i like the perfect unachievable untouchable cheerleader main girl fantasy too. But cindy is a very selfish person and NOT A ANGEL you can see it in the writting so to think she is some super loyal holly kind of cheracter is ridiculous too me.

Its the same that think that a girl like ivy has a super MEGA romance story with ian or that ivy is this innocent sex maschien??

I am sorry to say I persoanly LOVE cindy but if you are someone that wants a super mega romance inoccent story i dont think cindy is the one but I dont know in which direction eva goes with her writting and how much she tries to keep cindy or ivy in cheracter.

Last edited:

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
First, how do you know someone cheated before dating her/him? Do you blunty ask them if they ever cheated in their life?

Second, it may be because you think you're the right one who will fulfill their need and they won't cheat anymore.
First, I said IF you know someone cheated. You can know this in a variety of ways. If their previous partner separated with them because they cheated, if it's your opposite gendered friend that cheated and you want to pursue them, if they cheated on their partner with you like Cindy and Ian. Why would you act like it's always impossible to know if someone cheated?

Second, sure if you want to gamble with your own feelings and future that's your pejorative. Maybe I shouldn't have said "any guy who doesn't want to be cheated on". Instead I shall readjust my stance:

Any man who can take an IQ test and score anywhere above 30 points should not date a known cheater as there are plenty of women who haven't ever cheated and have lower likelihood of violating your relationship boundaries. This is not a description of reality, but a prescription for any who intends to go into the dating market and wants to lower their chances of getting cheated on.

Last edited:

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019

mate cindy is super selfish and have you ever watched at that greek god cheracter axel?? I mean look at him maybe holly would ressist but to think that alison or cindy would resist that greek god guy common :eek: :eek: :geek: keep dreaming its a corruption game

and axel is CLEARLY written as the UBER rival of ian he is like a elden ring/dark souls endboss I can clearly hear dark souls boss music that they use in the memes everytime he steps on screen

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
pls be relaistic I dont know how much eva tries to make there persoanlies (real or realistic) so maybe she will break cheracter but cindy is not holly. I know cindy is hot and i like the perfect cheerleader main girl fantasy too. But cindy is a very selfish person you can see it in the writting so to think she is some super loyal holly kind of cheracter is ridiculous too me.

Its the same that think that a girl like ivy has a super MEGA romance story with ian or that ivy is this innocent sex maschien??

I am sorry to say I persoanly LOVE cindy but if you are someone that wants a super mega romance inoccent story i dont think cindy is the one but I dont know in which direction eva goes with her writting and how much she tries to keep cindy or ivy in cheracter.
Holy shit dude, you really are unable to reply to someone who disagree with you without appeal to extremes and to this pedantic armor of "realism". Sounds like you know this story and characters even better than Eva.

Stop see things just through extremes. Nobody said Cindy is like Holly, But she also isn't a compulsive cheater with no feellings or respect for anyone. Eva take her time to builded Ian/Cindy route towards that scene in the alley exactly to make clear and beliveable she cheating on Wade in that moment. If she was such a selfish cheater as you said, it won't take so much time to Ian get her, hell even Axel will be already fuck her as soon they meet in The Shine this way. And she surely won't feel so disturbed about what she did with Ian after that if she was this way you paint her.

She is not a saint or a angel. But she is also not a demon. She is a person and people are more complex than angels/demons (at least she is as much complex as a writer with Eva skilss is able to write complex character). And the funny/irony is that your way to see the characters is the true "unrealism" in all this.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
But cindy is a very selfish person and NOT A ANGEL you can see it in the writting so to think she is some super loyal holly kind of cheracter is ridiculous too me.
I don't think it's very complicated. Cindy has spent two years with Wade, and for about half of that time she's been increasingly frustrated with him. But it still took Ian getting very close to her, and very explosive quarrel with her boyfriend that brought her really low, for cheating to actually take place. Afterwards she feels very bad about it and if it's left up to her she wants this to be over and never brought up again. She isn't the one asking Ian to keep on cheating. That's not exactly what a very selfish person does. A very selfish Cindy would've been cheating on Wade for months at this point and not giving a flying fuck about it.

So, yeah. I don't think you need to be some sort of "Holly level saint" not to cheat on a person you're in a happy relationship with. You only need to be a fairly normal person, which is a bar Cindy clears quite easily.

Oct 10, 2022
First, I said IF you know someone cheated. You can know this in a variety of ways. If their previous partner separated with them because they cheated, if it's your opposite gendered friend that cheated and you want to pursue them, if they cheated on their partner with you like Cindy and Ian. Why would you act like it's impossible to know if someone cheated?

Sure if you want to gamble with your own feelings and future that's your pejorative. Maybe I shouldn't have said "any guy who doesn't want to be cheated on". Instead I shall readjust my stance:

Any man who can take an IQ test and score anywhere above 30 points should not date a known cheater as there are plenty of women who haven't ever cheated and have lower likelihood of violating your relationship boundaries. This is not a description of reality, but a prescription for any who intends to go into the dating market and wants to lower their chances of getting cheated on.
I get it you have 'once a cheater always a cheater' stance but Cindy is not a natural cheater, she is not like Jeremy or Axel who would cheat without having second thoughts. Ian, Wade and Axel pushed her to cheat, corrupt her in a way, even after that she tried to make amends with her boyfriend and tried to keep a distance from Ian. Even after they established some sort of agreement, she is not jumping on his dick whenever she can. Can she cheat on Ian too, it is entirely possible but she won't cheat for the sake of it. So I think a romance path is highly possible for her. Though there is a possibility with that modelling job, she gets more corrupt, then she would become a cheater. She is on the edge I think, we can get a perfect love story for her or some sort of deranged immoral fame hungry Cindy. So far, it could swing both ways.

Other than that, I really am thinking same as you about cheaters. We do not have any girl equal to Jeremy, except you can play Lena in that way, if we had a girl like that we could have said Ian will get cheated on with certainty. I think Gillian will be like that but we don't know much about her yet.

Last edited:

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
Holy shit dude, you really are unable to reply to someone who disagree with you without appeal to extremes and to this pedantic armor of "realism". Sounds like you know this story and characters even better than Eva.

Stop see things just through extremes. Nobody said Cindy is like Holly, But she also isn't a compulsive cheater with no feellings or respect for anyone. Eva take her time to builded Ian/Cindy route towards that scene in the alley exactly to make clear and beliveable she cheating on Wade in that moment. If she was such a selfish cheater as you said, it won't take so much time to Ian get her, hell even Axel will be already fuck her as soon they meet in The Shine this way. And she surely won't feel so disturbed about what she did with Ian after that if she was this way you paint her.

She is not a saint or a angel. But she is also not a demon. She is a person and people are more complex than angels/demons (at least she is as much complex as a writer with Eva skilss is able to write complex character). And the funny/irony is that your way to see the characters is the true "unrealism" in all this.
I don't think it's very complicated. Cindy has spent two years with Wade, and for about half of that time she's been increasingly frustrated with him. But it still took Ian getting very close to her, and very explosive quarrel with her boyfriend that brought her really low, for cheating to actually take place. Afterwards she feels very bad about it and if it's left up to her she wants this to be over and never brought up again. She isn't the one asking Ian to keep on cheating. That's not exactly what a very selfish person does. A very selfish Cindy would've been cheating on Wade for months at this point and not giving a flying fuck about it.

So, yeah. I don't think you need to be some sort of "Holly level saint" not to cheat on a person you're in a happy relationship with. You only need to be a fairly normal person, which is a bar Cindy clears quite easily.
I have no problem with beaing wrong and maybe I am wrong but I hink you both cope hard because you like her looks (I love cindy too btw)

if you actaully look at the writting you can clearly see that axel is written as the rival and that cindy is very selfish,egoistic,wants to be the center of attention hell you can even see in the first scene the first time you meet her at the aparment with the beer how her personalitie is you can see it everywhere in the writting if you actually looks closely.

so to argue cindy was just in a bad relationship thats is why she cheated with his CHILDHOOD friend in a dark alley I am not sure about that but again maybe I am wrong. We will see how the wildcats part plays out in the future.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I have no problem with beaing wrong and maybe I am wrong but I hink you both cope hard because you like her looks (I love cindy too btw)
For what little it's worth, Ian in my game have agreed to end things with Cindy at her request, because he's genuinely trying to make things work with Lena and, much like Cindy, is rather remorseful about what'd happened. So i don't have a personal horse in this race, so to speak. :sneaky:

I like most of the characters in the game. Admittedly, this may be causing me to look at them not as harsh as some others here, but i can't say i feel my view of them is significantly off. Then again, i could be wrong. I guess we'll have to wait and see, like you say.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit dude, you really are unable to reply to someone who disagree with you without appeal to extremes and to this pedantic armor of "realism".
Considering how 99% of the things that are said are entirely unreadable and don't make a lick of sense... What do you expect?

That said...
screenshot0048.png
Snuggling with a thic girl while waiting for proper time with a Blue Hair Siren is a comfortable pasttime.

4.60 star(s) 313 Votes