evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
Seymour is a bad guy?

I always thought he was just a classy, old businessman, pretty normal for anyone like him to do everything in their power to secure an asset like Lena.
But why did Seymour had to blackmail? Can anyone explain what the reason/s is/are?

And for Emma, I always ship her with Perry because they seem like theyre built for each other.
Call me racist/discriminative lol but Im already having a hard time between Cindy, Holly and Lena.
EvaKiss knows her slender beauties really well, truly glad for that:love:

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Seymour is a bad guy?

I always thought he was just a classy, old businessman, pretty normal for anyone like him to do everything in their power to secure an asset like Lena.
But why did Seymour had to blackmail? Can anyone explain what the reason/s is/are?

And for Emma, I always ship her with Perry because they seem like theyre built for each other.
Call me racist/discriminative lol but Im already having a hard time between Cindy, Holly and Lena.
EvaKiss knows her slender beauties really well, truly glad for that:love:
Because he wants completely control over Lena, and he is willing to use Ian as a potential pawn to have her under his thumb. Not to mention having possible jobs be taken away from her. That ain't classy, that screams egotistical control freak who is obsessed. Never a good sign.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Because he wants completely control over Lena, and he is willing to use Ian as a potential pawn to have her under his thumb. Not to mention having possible jobs be taken away from her. That ain't classy, that screams egotistical control freak who is obsessed. Never a good sign.
I don't understand that "Seymour is a classic businessman" thing either.
He is more like a typical oligarch corrupted by power and money.
He ruins the entire city business, monopolizing it and dictating conditions on the market, destroying competitors. And he does this with the consent of the corrupt authorities of the city, who are ready to turn a blind eye to this.
He is so drunk on power and money that he blackmails Lena and threatens to break her and Ian life if she refuses him, and sexual perversion is also visible in the fact that he wants to control Lena.
It is obvious that he is a very bad person and an antagonist.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Can't tell if this is jokes or not, but nobody bringing up the time he blackmailed Lena and if she didn't play along he prevented her from working from the major modelling agencies.
The thing is, there is not always blackmail involved. Especially if Lena and Seymour get off to a good start, he is far more a simp for her. And to be blunt, it is not nice, but today even the "blackmail" contract is not unusual in various businesses. Look e.g. into the music biz where adhesive contracts (and worse than the one Seymour gives out) are completely normal. That Seymour wants to bind the raw diamond he found in Lena is not unusual in business.
And unlike some real-life companies we could name, Seymour only takes the gloves off and resorts to blackmail if the Lena situation goes completely off the rails for him. Which does happen only under specific circumstances.

Face it, the Seymour as of chapter 10.3 is hardly a bad guy, just a shrewd business man, he is not half as rotten as the antagonists of GGGB.

kolram

Aug 7, 2020
it's gotta be a joke cause it's clear as day that Seymour is the villain. I mean what sane dude goes out of his way to blackmail, bar Lena from any sort of work, threaten a friend/boyfriend's passion of entering the contest, all just to have her become his possible sex slave? Yeah, THAT DOESN'T SCREAM WHOLESOME GUY folks.
Not to mention that all of Seymour's so called "generosity" towards Lena is simply pocket change.

Reactions: SerHawkes

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
The thing is, there is not always blackmail involved. Especially if Lena and Seymour get off to a good start, he is far more a simp for her. And to be blunt, it is not nice, but today even the "blackmail" contract is not unusual in various businesses. Look e.g. into the music biz where adhesive contracts (and worse than the one Seymour gives out) are completely normal. That Seymour wants to bind the raw diamond he found in Lena is not unusual in business.
And unlike some real-life companies we could name, Seymour only takes the gloves off and resorts to blackmail if the Lena situation goes completely off the rails for him. Which does happen only under specific circumstances.

Face it, the Seymour as of chapter 10.3 is hardly a bad guy, just a shrewd business man, he is not half as rotten as the antagonists of GGGB.
Wow, so when the buisness man who prior to the meeting with Lena blacklisted her from her prior modelling agencies, doesn't need to resort to to outright blackmail doesn't blackmail Lena? How considerate of him.
1687167153600.png
1687167239485.png
1687167256846.png
1687167275069.png
1687167307224.png

For those who need a refresher on Seymour's blackmail. This is from a playthrough where Lena had good photoshoots with him, but refused the initial offer for the meeting. He had already blacklisted her. Meaning he always planned to blackmail her and only doesn't if Lena is agrees to meet with him.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Wow, so when the buisness man who prior to the meeting with Lena blacklisted her from her prior modelling agencies, doesn't need to resort to to outright blackmail doesn't blackmail Lena? How considerate of him.
View attachment 2707803
View attachment 2707811
View attachment 2707812
View attachment 2707813
View attachment 2707816

For those who need a refresher on Seymour's blackmail. This is from a playthrough where Lena had good photoshoots with him, but refused the initial offer for the meeting. He had already blacklisted her. Meaning he always planned to blackmail her and only doesn't if Lena is agrees to meet with him.
You fail in understanding that the various paths are differently outplaying realities. There are those where he blackmails Lena and there are those where he does not blackmail her. He has NOT always planned to blackmail her, because his preparations for the meeting are NOT always the same. He has stacked his cards if Lena and his relations are not good, but if their relations are well, there is no blackmail and neither was one prepared.

And I find your enacted exaspiration about the blackmail really cute! You have zero experience what a pool of sharks today´s business world is, it seems. What Seymour at his worst does is not in the least unusual, as sad as this situation is. He is not even bad in comparison to the methods of some very known real life companies!
I still remember the times when two business men in e.g. Hamburg or Stuttgart would shake hands to make a deal and kept to it, but unfortunately these times are over in most types of business.
Especially in music, show or modelling biz the contracts and the methods to get contracts are brutal and for newcomers often barely above slavery. Only once you are a known face the situation gets better.
As said, what Seymour does in ORS is not even in the "bad" category of what has happened in real life many times already.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
You fail in understanding that the various paths are differently outplaying realities. There are those where he blackmails Lena and there are those where he does not blackmail her. He has NOT always planned to blackmail her, because his preparations for the meeting are NOT always the same. He has stacked his cards if Lena and his relations are not good, but if their relations are well, there is no blackmail and neither was one prepared.

And I find your enacted exaspiration about the blackmail really cute! You have zero experience what a pool of sharks today´s business world is, it seems. What Seymour at his worst does is not in the least unusual, as sad as this situation is. He is not even bad in comparison to the methods of some very known real life companies!
I still remember the times when two business men in e.g. Hamburg or Stuttgart would shake hands to make a deal and kept to it, but unfortunately these times are over in most types of business.
Especially in music, show or modelling biz the contracts and the methods to get contracts are brutal and for newcomers often barely above slavery. Only once you are a known face the situation gets better.
As said, what Seymour does in ORS is not even in the "bad" category of what has happened in real life many times already.
This is not true, in ALL paths even the ones where Lena is completely simping for him he blacklists her before meeting with her. That means in ALL PATHS he intended to have have blackmail over Lena if she refused him.

LoneVoyage

Nov 22, 2016
Again, Seymour is not doing anything out of order.
"Blackballing" is a standard business practice, especially in the modeling/music industry.

People should stop virtue signaling and get back to reality.
True He is still a fuck up character.
Just because blackballing is still being done doesn't make it right.

No. If she refused his offer no matter what good relationship she has he is always blackmailing her. If you accept he offer but back down in the middle still he is blackmailing her.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
This is ridiculous, it is not anything remotely like a "standard business practice." I have quite a bit of professional experience across a variety of industries and have a pretty extensive professional network.

Yes, there are scumbags in every industry, but these are the scumbags, not the "standard."
I dont care about your anecdotal "experience". What Seymour doing was done by people like Lyor Cohen, who was the president of Def Jam, Universal, Warner and now he is with YouTube and Spotify. Probably one of the most influential people in the music industry in the last 30 years.
I can give you at least 10 exemplars of musicians who went through this practice, as it's very common.

LoneVoyage

Nov 22, 2016
I dont care about your anecdotal "experience". What Seymour doing was done by people like Lyor Cohen, who was the president of Def Jam, Universal, Warner and now he is with YouTube and Spotify. Probably one of the most influential people in the music industry in the last 30 years.
I can give you at least 10 exemplars of musicians who went through this practice, as it's very common.
True. But sometimes they pay the consequences of their actions. Like Harvey weinstein for example.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Don't even need to go that far, really. First Lena gets fired from the restaurant (even if she slept with Robert to hold onto it a little longer), then Danny tells her he's busy and can't work with her, and the gallery owner takes back his offer and claims they've found a replacement and won't be needing Lena anymore. Before Seymour even calls her. So Seymour made her feel intentionally desperate before calling her and putting his "generous" offer on the table. Kinda hard to refuse "easy" money if you've been fired from everywhere at the same which Seymour counted on.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Those people who justify Seymour's behavior with the line "This is a common practice in real life", are you serious? Hello, just because it's "common practice" doesn't make blackmail a good thing, Seymour is still a bad and corrupt person.
This is the crappiest excuse ever.
I imagine if Stan bought AR-15 and started mass shooting because the girls were ignoring him, you would say: "Nothing terrible happened, there is nothing wrong with it. Because mass shootings happen in real life, this is a common practice." :KEK:

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
You say you don't care about his anecdotal experience, but then procede to use anecdotes to back up your point. Showing examples of blackmail happening isn't enough to prove that it is the standard.

Even so, if it was the standard, which it's not, that doesn't change the fact that it is still blackmail, which is both illegal and morally wrong.

I get that you find Seymour's scenes hot and so you feel the need to defend his honour, but that isn't a good reason to justify blackmail.

Reactions: Deathzazor

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Harvey Weinstein is a sex offender unlike Seymour.
Seymour is doing exactly the same thing Weinstein has been doing. According to Weinstein, he hasn't abused a single girl, they willingly decided to sleep with him for career advancement, he "just" blackmailed them by saying their career will be dead on arrival if they walk out on him and don't do sexual favors for him. What exactly is Seymour doing with Lena if not asking sexual favors of her? Voyeurism is also a sexual activity, even Seymour agrees with it. "All of the modeling is sexual in nature, camera is merely a pretense". So he's making Lena do a sexual show for his twisted pleasure, saying she won't be hired by anyone if she doesn't do it.

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021

Exactly my man, you seem like an entrepreneur yourself.
"The raw diamond in Lena" is the bomb and you just delivered it.

Monopoly has always been the ultimate goal of businessmen. You wanna own something not because you are greedy or power hungry like actual villains are, but because you seek stability. It is the one thing every businessmen dreams of everyday.

You get to worry less about competitors due to potential acquisitions that would take your asset away from you.
The blackmails were insurance, so that Lena never gets tempted from "better" offers from others.
Basically Seymour was establishing loyalty and a shrewd trust.

I understand some of the views against it. Lena getting conquered and owned by a nasty old man who looks like Smeagol is quite awful. Tyrannical because he is owning her almost as if he is crazy about her. But that is normal for businessmen who found a gold mine that they dont want to share.

And he is indeed looking like he wants her more than just a moneymaker. There was clearly BDSM going on with them, some sort of 50 shades of bull vibe that might turn her into his sex slave.
Now that would suck, I dont want that either.

Though I wish Seymour would indeed get competitors over her and turn the whole half of the game into some sort of corporate war. Its up to Lena and Ian whether to work together or get help from others, make deals, alliances and enemies. Cindy could help, or she becomes a rival in the business, Ian(or Lena, lesbian content) could win her back etc.

Ultimately, whoever gets a piece of Lena's ass more, wins.
Literally, gets a piece of it. Stan is starting, and my bet is on him to win the corporate war.
Stan solos everyone.

Now THAT, is a plot.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Lena is not comfortable posing without a camera and he doesn't give her a choice in the matter. He tells her that by signing the contract she "agreed" to pose for him, pretending not to know the difference between modeling (implies the manufacture of the artistic product or promotion of the physical product) and performing a strip / sex show (which he tells Lena to do).

4.60 star(s) 319 Votes