BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
She tries to write a sophisticate villain who quotes Nietzsche and people prefer big cocks and an incel. Kinda depressing.
Actually the pretentiousness is one of the elements about Seymour that turns me off of him. That and the unexplained obsession with Lena, of course.

He spouts blog-level brain-farts in an attempt to seem cultured and suave and all his points are very black/white in terms of political outlook. If he was more self-aware, even if ultimately still selfish, and didn't present highschool-level philosophy as a basis for his world-view, I'd be more curious to see what his route contained. To add to what he presents as, his attention towards Lena makes zero sense if you play negatively towards him. He comes off as extremely cartoonish. His ultimate deal is so limiting towards Lena and what she can do, that I don't even feel it's all that attractive even when you play her as a more selfish character.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Actually the pretentiousness is one of the elements about Seymour that turns me off of him. That and the unexplained obsession with Lena, of course.

He spouts blog-level brain-farts in an attempt to seem cultured and suave and all his points are very black/white in terms of political outlook. If he was more self-aware, even if ultimately still selfish, and didn't present highschool-level philosophy as a basis for his world-view, I'd be more curious to see what his route contained. To add to what he presents as, his attention towards Lena makes zero sense if you play negatively towards him. He comes off as extremely cartoonish. His ultimate deal is so limiting towards Lena and what she can do, that I don't even feel it's all that attractive even when you play her as a more selfish character.
The kick is this: EK has put in so much to this character, just to try and draw him as this super evil villain and well crafted character... And yet? He's really not all that interesting. You nailed with him being cartoonish. It was almost like EK's attempt to have a character be THE BIG baddie flopped hard.

Now, granted we could see more of him and see if there will be actually any true consequences if we choose not to go in league with him. But as of right now, despite EK having a love boner for him, he's really not all that hyped.

Reactions: | Vee |

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Pretty much, you took the words from my mouth.

Also Eva Kiss should have started way sooner with him if she wanted people to "fall in love" with his corruption game. The fact that his route is way late when compared to the other (boring) male love interests for Lena likely helped kill any hype the dev wanted to pass to the players.

Andrea9999

Nov 9, 2022
She was a bit down that after putting so much on Seymour he is not receiving the results as EK desired that he should achieve in polls specifically and she stated something like "I guess audience is not appreciating/interested that much in Seymour as she thought they would be".

IMO Seymour is still the ultimate villain of ORS and the other candidate would be Agnes but she is not given that much screen time. Axel is just a baby infront of Seymour.
Very sorry to hear that. If the Seymour-Lena-Dubai arc is abandoned then my interest in this game drops to near zero. Where can I vote? It might be that females are more drawn to this sort of thing than males.
Maybe the general populace misinterpreted the poll to indicate people they "like" as opposed to those they "enjoy".

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
She was a bit down that after putting so much on Seymour he is not receiving the results as EK desired that he should achieve in polls specifically and she stated something like "I guess audience is not appreciating/interested that much in Seymour as she thought they would be".
She also said a lot of the audience recognize themselves in Stan because of his popularity :HideThePain:

noturiah

Sep 2, 2021

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but my take on Seymour is that he's not meant to be cultured or particularly intelligent. I take him as an example of someone who, having achieved a certain level of success and wealth, decides that means he must always have been smart and sophisticated and that he deserves everything he wants. So he starts spouting an easy, surface-level ideology which may sound fancy or literate. But underneath it's all a matter of might makes right and he with the most toys wins. And for Seymour "the most toys" seems to include people, which I would argue is potentially very threatening. He does come off as cartoonish. But his wealth and his ego are, unfortunately, all too real. If he were only obsessed with Lena, that would be creepy. But he seems to be growing as interested in Ian as well, just in a less sexual way. And even Axel, who has plenty of ego and a controlling personality, basically becomes a yes-man in front of Seymour.

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019

I said it mostly as a joke, but you're right, she tried, but the execution is lacklustre. For me the main issue with his behaviour is him blocking Lena from all her other sources of income no matter how Lena behaves toward him. It would be a really unsubtle anc inelegant move for the general feeling Eva's trying to give to the character in any case, but it's specially crazy when Seymour does that to a Lena interested in working with him.

Although, I'm not sure if a better written Seymour would have made much of a difference on his popularity. He lost against Marcel before Marcel even got any scene. He literally lost against an almost blank slate who might have a BBC.

She also said a lot of the audience recognize themselves in Stan because of his popularity :HideThePain:
It sounds about right. I wouldn't be surprised that even part of the audience hating Stan is also because they partly recognize themselves in him and dislike being confronted against the parts of themselves they hate. A bit like all the hate Shinji (from Evangelion) has always received from the audience.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Pretty much, you took the words from my mouth.

Also Eva Kiss should have started way sooner with him if she wanted people to "fall in love" with his corruption game. The fact that his route is way late when compared to the other (boring) male love interests for Lena likely helped kill any hype the dev wanted to pass to the players.
Yes,is the glacial pace what makes Seymour so boring,doenst help that hes a rich douche who smells his own farts,really hard to like him,the only good about him is he pays Lena good money.

Reactions: axy2

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
EK hates Stan,at this point is not even a secret anymore.
"I have problems writing him,why you dont like Seymour instead waaaaah"meanwhile she gives tons of content to Robert,the only character hated by everyone.
EK has some weird priorities...

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
Because it seems that Seymour is the man who feeds the city and no one goes against him, especially those who have a career and want to see it progress, because what they know, they know that he can help them or he can end their work and projects. in the future, so if Lena accepts, she has to know that the only way to leave him without negative consequences is if he wants to and perhaps it will be when Lena seems like a boring woman to him when he has already satisfied his needs.

Reactions: SideshowBobNo.2

0tt0von

Dec 19, 2022
I don't disagree with what you're saying, but my take on Seymour is that he's not meant to be cultured or particularly intelligent. I take him as an example of someone who, having achieved a certain level of success and wealth, decides that means he must always have been smart and sophisticated and that he deserves everything he wants. So he starts spouting an easy, surface-level ideology which may sound fancy or literate. But underneath it's all a matter of might makes right and he with the most toys wins. And for Seymour "the most toys" seems to include people, which I would argue is potentially very threatening. He does come off as cartoonish. But his wealth and his ego are, unfortunately, all too real. If he were only obsessed with Lena, that would be creepy. But he seems to be growing as interested in Ian as well, just in a less sexual way. And even Axel, who has plenty of ego and a controlling personality, basically becomes a yes-man in front of Seymour.
Or say a guy who was born wealthy and thinks he hit a home run. Plenty of real world examples of that cough... elon musk... cough.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Because it seems that Seymour is the man who feeds the city and no one goes against him, especially those who have a career and want to see it progress, because what they know, they know that he can help them or he can end their work and projects. in the future, so if Lena accepts, she has to know that the only way to leave him without negative consequences is if he wants to and perhaps it will be when Lena seems like a boring woman to him when he has already satisfied his needs.
That's why I'm a bit disappointed that the additional clause you are able to include in the contract only handles recorded materials.

Reactions: | Vee |

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
would love the option for Ian to beat Seymour to a bloody pulp with the warning that he leave Lena the fuck alone or get his ass whooped again and again. Seymour is a vile piece of shit.rich asshats like this invading Lena's privacy, having access to her bank info, her family's info etc.. this guy needs a reality check..kickboxing to the head and put him into the ground style..damn i sure do get protective of my fav VN LI's :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
would love the option for Ian to beat Seymour to a bloody pulp with the warning that he leave Lena the fuck alone or get his ass whooped again and again. Seymour is a vile piece of shit.rich asshats like this invading Lena's privacy, having access to her bank info, her family's info etc.. this guy needs a reality check..kickboxing to the head and put him into the ground style..damn i sure do get protective of my fav VN LI's :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Ian would get sued, go to jail and probably be raped everyday by BBC paid by Seymour. It's better if Ian kills Seymour, hides the corpse in Axel's closet and anonymously calls the police. Kill two birds with one stone.

yuvce

Dec 8, 2020
Ian would get sued, go to jail and probably be raped everyday by BBC paid by Seymour. It's better if Ian kills Seymour, hides the corpse in Axel's closet and anonymously calls the police. Kill two birds with one stone.
I was gonna say Ian should work his way to the top, then once he has a successful career, find a way to ruin and discredit Seymour. But nah, Socrambus' idea is much better.

Reactions: axy2 and Socrambus

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
And if we make Ian brainwash Stan and make him believe that he has to protect his Angel Lena from the horrible demon Seymour, then we find the moment for him to kill Seymour and after he does, Stan is imprisoned and we We get Lena back without getting our hands dirty, isn't that a better plan? :unsure:

Sep 14, 2023
EK hates Stan,at this point is not even a secret anymore.
"I have problems writing him,why you dont like Seymour instead waaaaah"meanwhile she gives tons of content to Robert,the only character hated by everyone.
EK has some weird priorities...
I think EK is somewhat upset with her fans because they're not into the same kinks as her, and she now enjoys punishing them, so she's taken to pegging her fanbase in a figurative manner, and no amount of screaming telling her to stop or begging for lube will make her slow down.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
*It's better if Ian kills Seymour, hides the corpse in Axel's closet car and anonymously calls the police. Kill two birds with one stone.*
With Robert being the driver and Stan being the last person who Seymour interacts with.

:devilish::devilish:

Last edited:

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
IIRC Seymour is kept at mild and there is no evil face when talking to Ian about Lena now. I would say you should also expect changes in Seymour's arc too. Now how that would come off as we'll see. EK might make him up a bit more soft. I can totally be wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: axy2 and Andrea9999
4.60 star(s) 314 Votes