MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
There are countless pages of users, myself included, justifiably going on and on about how garbage Robert is. Wanna know why? Because he has ZERO redeemable qualities. Actually, not even zero. It goes into the negative.
Very true, an asshole who makes fun of a stuttering dude, get violent often(3 times and counting) and holding info over Lena's head to get into her pants.
Such a gentleman.

Reactions: SearingFive

seaoflove

Jan 31, 2023
You know that he withheld the info to ask for a date, right? If he was so concerned he could've just told her after their shift was over outside of the hotel premise. Standing up for Lena against Axel was commendable and I don't deny that, but expecting a reward for the deed is shifty. He thinks just because he stood up for her makes him eligible for Lena's pants. He helped for his selfish needs not for her sake.

Spilling the beer by Perry on him on a bad day is understandable but Perry did apologise to him. In chapter 11, Robert does the same to Sen and is ready to fight him without apologising; meanwhile, he is the one who spilt the beer on Sen. He mocks Perry's stutter at the museum, even if you didn't fight him outside the bar.

Hooking up with Robert/Mike will give you bad Jess. Both are equally bad. One is a grade-A asshole the other is a cheating cunt.

Stan never sniffed their panties. It was Lola who dropped it on his bedroom floor. It's debunked later when Lena/Louise catch Lola doing the zoomies. Lola is like a guardian and a moral compass for Lena. Animals can easily discern between genuine or trash people. If Ian cheats he is also hissed at by Lola.

Axel/Robert/Mike/Seymour are all manipulators on a different level.

Wade is trying to get his life back up. While playing video games and aiming for the pro-scene he is also actively searching for other jobs. He's just caught in a wrong moment where Cindy is feeling adventurous and he is not able to reciprocate it. Perry is trash but he's been given some guiding hands by Ian and he is open for a change.
You need to understand that in order for Robert to share this confidential information with Lena he is risking work place incident / his job. He could get in trouble with his boss for sharing this information with Lena.

Making sure ahead of time that she likes him before telling her this information is not evil, it just makes good sense on his part to wait and see if she likes him before taking this risk for her because there are risks involved for him in being a blabber mouth. Telling her could lead to him losing his job, or not getting a promotion. It could effect him negatively.

He tries to help her out keeping her job longer and all that when they are hooking up because that just makes sense. It's the same deal with Minerva and Ian.

Plus, it is a job waiting tables. She has 2 other jobs. The online / model stuff, and the coffee shop. So losing one of her 3 jobs would not be catastrophic for Lena. I don't think she would wind up homeless. She has 2 room mates sharing in the bills.

It's not like she is the soul bread winner of a family, and it's the only income she has, and she has a few little kids to feed. She will land on her feet. People get let go from jobs every day. That is a part of life.

If you are going to put your neck out there for someone it would make the most sense to make sure they will appreciate it and not just use you.

I got a short personal story for you where I helped someone out and it bit me in the ass. I was like 17. I was walking to work at a fastfood joint. There was a woman whose car broke down, and she didn't know how to change a tire. She was like 25. She was kinda cute. So, I walked over and asked "Do you need any help?" She was thankful for my help, but not that thankful. After I was done changing her tire I asked her, "Could I get a ride to work?" She was like "No, I am in a hurry and I don't give rides to strangers." It was like 3 minutes by car or 15 minutes by foot up the road. It made me late for work and then I lost my job for being late.

Robert may have had similar incident where helping someone bit him on the ass. So, maybe that is why he did what he did.

SearingFive

Mar 26, 2020
You need to understand that in order for Robert to share this confidential information with Lena he is risking work place incident / his job. He could get in trouble with his boss for sharing this information with Lena.

Making sure ahead of time that she likes him before telling her this information is not evil, it just makes good sense on his part to wait and see if she likes him before taking this risk for her because there are risks involved for him in being a blabber mouth. Telling her could lead to him losing his job, or not getting a promotion. It could effect him negatively.

He tries to help her out keeping her job longer and all that when they are hooking up because that just makes sense. It's the same deal with Minerva and Ian.

Plus, it is a job waiting tables. She has 2 other jobs. The online / model stuff, and the coffee shop. So losing one of her 3 jobs would not be catastrophic for Lena. I don't think she would wind up homeless. She has 2 room mates sharing in the bills.

It's not like she is the soul bread winner of a family, and it's the only income she has, and she has a few little kids to feed. She will land on her feet. People get let go from jobs every day. That is a part of life.

If you are going to put your neck out there for someone it would make the most sense to make sure they will appreciate it and not just use you.

I got a short personal story for you where I helped someone out and it bit me in the ass. I was like 17. I was walking to work at a fastfood joint. There was a woman whose car broke down, and she didn't know how to change a tire. She was like 25. She was kinda cute. So, I walked over and asked "Do you need any help?" She was thankful for my help, but not that thankful. After I was done changing her tire I asked her, "Could I get a ride to work?" She was like "No, I am in a hurry and I don't give rides to strangers." It was like 3 minutes by car or 15 minutes by foot up the road. It made me late for work and then I lost my job for being late.

Robert may have had similar incident where helping someone bit him on the ass. So, maybe that is why he did what he did.
Your personal story is an eye-opener on what is wrong with today's society and I am sorry you had to go through it.

Now back to Robert. You say that he was careful not to disclose the info to Lena then and there because it would create a workplace incident; understandable, but why have a BJ in the restaurant when Lena was serving the Mayor? He's the one who initiated it shamelessly. Where did his job integrity go? Getting caught while doing the deed is much more detrimental than being a blabbermouth in your professional life. Like I said earlier he could've just waited for their shift to get over and talk outside, instead of forcing a date. Forcing the date ticks me off.

He tried to help her by prolonging her job tenure and also initiated the loan system just to keep her indebted to him. It's a slow monetary manipulation tactic. Robert is pretty smart in laying his safety net if anything goes south with Lena.

Lena's modelling job is not stable at all, it picks up pace after signing the contract with Seymour. The cafe job though not as lucrative as her modelling job for Seymour. Goes for a green later in the game.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Your personal story is an eye-opener on what is wrong with today's society and I am sorry you had to go through it.
I don't feel there's anything particularly wrong with it. That woman was pretty right about her no riders for strangers policy, that's literally the start of half of creepy stalker movies for a reason. Are we seriously going to shit on her for not wanting to risk potential harm or death because a guy she saw for the first time in her life helped her to change a tire?

(a guy who is apparently still sore about it to this day, i might add. If Robert is supposed to possibly have similar attitude, then it hardly makes him more endearing)

Oct 10, 2022
Then people dare to ask me why i am a misanthrope. I don't agree with the rest of your post though, he is just using his power over Lena to gain sexual favour from her. The thing is not just about telling the situation to Lena, if she fucks him he tries to prevent that if not, nothing. Even he is aware he is wrong and apologise at the club. It won't be surprising to me that letting Lena go idea came from him to use it against her. He himself said he has power at the restaurant to shift things.

Reactions: SearingFive

SearingFive

Mar 26, 2020
I don't feel there's anything particularly wrong with it. That woman was pretty right about her no riders for strangers policy, that's literally the start of half of creepy stalker movies for a reason. Are we seriously going to shit on her for not wanting to risk potential harm or death because a guy she saw for the first time in her life helped her to change a tire?

(a guy who is apparently still sore about it to this day, i might add. If Robert is supposed to possibly have similar attitude, then it hardly makes him more endearing)
Yeah, I get it. Stranger danger. He could've told her before helping her that he might need a lift because of the time crunch. A few (a lot of) bad apples have destroyed that strangers can't be trusted at all. He seemed genuine in helping her but I also get the part that it was a young woman who he was helping. Nothing wrong with sympathising though.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
NGL, i'd both laugh and cry* if EK out of spite reworked Robert into actual decent if not outright better option than Ian.

*) cry with laughter, it's not something to be really sad about. well, other than development delay, ofc.
Robert was kind of a missed opportunity as far as being a decent male LI for Lena. Just a couple of small tweaks and he could easily jump to just behind Ian.

That being said, Robert is a great asshole. I think a lot of people have a hard time separating Robert the character and Robert as a person. He is supposed to be an unlikable douche canoe, so in that regard he is an excellent character. It is why he keeps popping up despite how much people hate him, if you hate Robert, Robert the character is doing his job. He's like Joffery from Game of Thrones.

SearingFive

Mar 26, 2020
Robert was kind of a missed opportunity as far as being a decent male LI for Lena. Just a couple of small tweaks and he could easily jump to just behind Ian.

That being said, Robert is a great asshole. I think a lot of people have a hard time separating Robert the character and Robert as a person. He is supposed to be an unlikable douche canoe, so in that regard he is an excellent character. It is why he keeps popping up despite how much people hate him, if you hate Robert, Robert the character is doing his job. He's like Joffery from Game of Thrones.
slap-game-of-thrones.gif giphy.gif

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That being said, Robert is a great asshole. I think a lot of people have a hard time separating Robert the character and Robert as a person. He is supposed to be an unlikable douche canoe, so in that regard he is an excellent character.
I agree, his execution as a mid-tier douchebag is excellent, and he totally delivers in this role. It's just sad it loses a bit of impact when almost every other guy is also an asshole ;/

yuvce

Dec 8, 2020

I agree, his execution as a mid-tier douchebag is excellent, and he totally delivers in this role. It's just sad it loses a bit of impact when almost every other guy is also an asshole ;/
I think the game deliberately made all the Love Interests (except Holly) horseshit in an effort to make Ian and Lena the "canon" couple. Don't get me wrong, loyal Ian and loyal Lena is my favourite route, and I'm not taking anything away from their interactions but I feel that's partly down to game design. This thread frequently talks about how bad Lena's LI's are but what about Ian's? His options include a vindictive hag, a self-righteous and spoiled little shit, a cheater hung up on Axel, and a narcissistic yandere. Take your pick.

Shapesnatcher

Jul 24, 2018
I think the game deliberately made all the Love Interests (except Holly) horseshit in an effort to make Ian and Lena the "canon" couple. Don't get me wrong, loyal Ian and loyal Lena is my favourite route, and I'm not taking anything away from their interactions but I feel that's partly down to game design. This thread frequently talks about how bad Lena's LI's are but what about Ian's? His options include a vindictive hag, a self-righteous and spoiled little shit, a cheater hung up on Axel, and a narcissistic yandere. Take your pick.
Vindictive Hag meaning Minerva, spoiled little shit meaning Cindy, cheater hung up on Axel being Cherry. Wait who would be the narcissistic yandere ?

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes