oohhh

Mar 29, 2022
been playing this game since last year ....
havent seen sex scene route with Stan ....

am i missing some choices ?

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
They're both the protagonists, so yeah they're obviously the main focus of the storyline. I just don't think Eva ever intended them not to have the option never to get together as a couple. Whether they do or they don't, both their stories are inextricably entwined, and they end up in some form of relationship, even if it's just as friends.
Hence the title of the game. "Our Red String" is referencing the red string of fate, from various Asian cultures, that ties Ian and Lena together, and how their string(s) is weaved in and tangled with the strings of all of their friends.

I've written on it a long time ago, I think around chapter 8 at this point, but to quite literally quote myself.
The title is a reference to the Red String of Fate, an ancient Chinese or Japanese (I don't remember which) belief that people who are destined to find love and marry each other are bound by an invisible red cord. The cord can become tangled and bind with other cords, but will never break, so these cords can create a great web of fate at times. Hence why all these characters lives are interconnected and they seemingly keep running into each other even when they don't plan too.

We're seeing a snapshot of Lena and Ian's lives. Perhaps they have a red cord that binds them, or perhaps their red cords just got tangled with each other the night they met in that ally. How we play them will likely determine that, but for now they are bound by fate to at least be near each other.

Chemish

Sep 12, 2018

Work on the last part of Chapter 12 continues. This weeks I've been writing, amongst others, some texting scenes between Ian and two members of the female cast. Can you guess who? I've also been working on some drawings, and I've been finalizing some images. Some are new, but others are drawings I already did that are being re-purposed for this new setting.

Reusing art assets is something most VNs do to save resources and time, since creating each image takes a lot of time, even when you use a simplistic approach like the one used for ORS. That seems about to change with the arrival of AI, but that's a topic for another time... Making little modifications like changing the scenery, clothes or expressions, or even the lighting, can reframe the image into another setting without having to draw everything from scratch again. After all, how many images of Ian and Lena in a missionary position do we need? (still a few more, but I'd rather save them for new highlights in future scenes).

I've always tried to reuse assets very sparingly, for minor scenes like kisses, or swapping a character for another one in the same drawing for scenes that could happen in different paths, but I started using it more heavily in recent chapters. I felt quite hesitant about it at first, but I think it lets me create more expansive scenes that would be cut-short otherwise. The moment that made me decide to take this route was Cindy's last lewd scene in the Tournament update. I knew I wanted to include an intimate moment between Ian and Cindy that would advance the plot of their emotional, and physical relationship, but I didn't have time to create an entire set of illustrations for that scene (and I tend to be especially meticulous with Cindy's drawings). My first idea was to start the scene in media res, that way I could show only the plot point and player interaction that was relevant, but it felt quite underwhelming. But now I have a ton of Cindy illustrations, that cover a lot of poses and actions...
I'm creating a visual novel, after all, and I relized that aside the little graphical changes I could do to the image, the most powerful tool to reframe the context of the illustration is the writing. I hope the text can give the re-used asset a new context, or use it to enable a more fluid scene that couldn't happen without the proper visual support. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could accomplish this without reusing any images... but I also think some of them turned out too beautiful to just show them once :p
In any case, this is one of the compromises I take to push the development of this project. I know it's not ideal and I hope you're not too bothered by it, but hopefully this will allow me time to focus on creating new and more interesting images instead of drawing the same basic poses again and again.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Bro Perry, PISS OFF! We do not need you gawking at Lena during this potential Ian Lena scene. Go hide in Emma's closet or whatever the fuck you do off screen at the beach.
View attachment 3701591
I always find it funny when the sprites are just standing there reacting.

Please let us play as Lena, I would so enjoy letting her be a tease while only Holly could actually do anything with her. :devilish:

Vengeance_11

May 14, 2019
Cindy is 100% of them, but my guess is that she throws a curveball and has Jess as the second. Makes sense that she would stay in contact with Ian after he looks after her, but maybe not after he took advantage of her situation.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: yuvce and SerHawkes

yuvce

Dec 8, 2020
Cindy is 100% of them, but my guess is that she throws a curveball and has Jess as the second. Makes sense that she would stay in contact with Ian after he looks after her, but maybe not after he took advantage of her situation.
I think the second one could be Louise, if Ian decided to lead her on. And given her insecure nature, I don't think it would be implausible for her to reach out again.

jungmonk

Nov 9, 2023
I realize it’s not a top kink, but the idea that you could have the option to go anal-only with Emma would have been a nice touch.. to have that first time be able to get right to it, but then follow it up without the option in their next encounter. I mean, if it were up to me, I’d have Lena, Cherry or maybe Alison have a similar option, but again I realize I’m not advocating for a kink that most people would care for. Nevertheless I love this game (and Emma, and all the anal…) I don’t know any game out there that is as well-made in terms of art, writing, and the array of options. Just, let me have this one benign complaint.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
My guess was Cherry rather than Alison.
I did think of Cherry too, given drama aspect of Ian texting with her while Lena is nearby, but in the end Cherry is bit of a niche girl, while Alison can be getting... insistent, after potentially getting snubbed right before the beach trip. And the beach trip seems to be largely focused on all possible drama coming to a head.

bonerland

Dec 28, 2017

Work on the last part of Chapter 12 continues. This weeks I've been writing, amongst others, some texting scenes between Ian and two members of the female cast. Can you guess who? I've also been working on some drawings, and I've been finalizing some images. Some are new, but others are drawings I already did that are being re-purposed for this new setting.

Reusing art assets is something most VNs do to save resources and time, since creating each image takes a lot of time, even when you use a simplistic approach like the one used for ORS. That seems about to change with the arrival of AI, but that's a topic for another time... Making little modifications like changing the scenery, clothes or expressions, or even the lighting, can reframe the image into another setting without having to draw everything from scratch again. After all, how many images of Ian and Lena in a missionary position do we need? (still a few more, but I'd rather save them for new highlights in future scenes).

I've always tried to reuse assets very sparingly, for minor scenes like kisses, or swapping a character for another one in the same drawing for scenes that could happen in different paths, but I started using it more heavily in recent chapters. I felt quite hesitant about it at first, but I think it lets me create more expansive scenes that would be cut-short otherwise. The moment that made me decide to take this route was Cindy's last lewd scene in the Tournament update. I knew I wanted to include an intimate moment between Ian and Cindy that would advance the plot of their emotional, and physical relationship, but I didn't have time to create an entire set of illustrations for that scene (and I tend to be especially meticulous with Cindy's drawings). My first idea was to start the scene in media res, that way I could show only the plot point and player interaction that was relevant, but it felt quite underwhelming. But now I have a ton of Cindy illustrations, that cover a lot of poses and actions...
I'm creating a visual novel, after all, and I relized that aside the little graphical changes I could do to the image, the most powerful tool to reframe the context of the illustration is the writing. I hope the text can give the re-used asset a new context, or use it to enable a more fluid scene that couldn't happen without the proper visual support. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could accomplish this without reusing any images... but I also think some of them turned out too beautiful to just show them once :p
In any case, this is one of the compromises I take to push the development of this project. I know it's not ideal and I hope you're not too bothered by it, but hopefully this will allow me time to focus on creating new and more interesting images instead of drawing the same basic poses again and again.

Finally! Ian starts sexting Minerva. Be a Chad and get that MILF to flash you in public.

varpep

Feb 22, 2020
Like Eva said she tries not to reuse assets. Even if she has in the past sparingly. But she has increased the reuse of assets and I think it is at an okay point. If it's just basic poses, then I don't see an issue. It's also an added bonus that it will help cut development time. Besides, this is common practice in the animation and illustration industry. So it might just be a me thing since I've long since grown desensitized to this practice. But hey...

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes