BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Like Eva said she tries not to reuse assets. Even if she has in the past sparingly. But she has increased the reuse of assets and I think it is at an okay point. If it's just basic poses, then I don't see an issue. It's also an added bonus that it will help cut development time. Besides, this is common practice in the animation and illustration industry. So it might just be a me thing since I've long since grown desensitized to this practice. But hey...
I think there are two cases at least that makes it okay.
1. Reusing scenes from conflicting routes. For example Axel and Jack, you won't see the same scenes twice because you can only get with Jack if Lena hasn't gotten with Axel.
2. Reusing art but editing it, like in the example she posted herself. I would still see this done sparingly, but with some edits it can work without standing out too starkly.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017
Yes, the current content was only the Ian half of the chapter, even though there were some Lena scenes within it. The next update should (unless there are any bug fixes in-between) round off the chapter with the Lena focused events, although it is possible that it might do the same as with Ian's half and have slight interludes with him.
Ok, so why did he/she called this update Chapter 12 FULL??

• Haha
Reactions: RozenCharles

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
Ok, so why did he/she called this update Chapter 12 FULL??
She didn't. The F95 name is mislabeled. The real title on Patreon and on the download links is Chapter 12.2 FULL, which refers to the full version of Chapter 12.2 and the .2 indicates the second content updates for chapter 12. Later there will be an alpha, beta, and FULL version of Chapter 12.3, which will be the third content update under the umbrella of chapter 12.

BigTyson

Dec 6, 2017

Work on the last part of Chapter 12 continues. This weeks I've been writing, amongst others, some texting scenes between Ian and two members of the female cast. Can you guess who? I've also been working on some drawings, and I've been finalizing some images. Some are new, but others are drawings I already did that are being re-purposed for this new setting.

Reusing art assets is something most VNs do to save resources and time, since creating each image takes a lot of time, even when you use a simplistic approach like the one used for ORS. That seems about to change with the arrival of AI, but that's a topic for another time... Making little modifications like changing the scenery, clothes or expressions, or even the lighting, can reframe the image into another setting without having to draw everything from scratch again. After all, how many images of Ian and Lena in a missionary position do we need? (still a few more, but I'd rather save them for new highlights in future scenes).

I've always tried to reuse assets very sparingly, for minor scenes like kisses, or swapping a character for another one in the same drawing for scenes that could happen in different paths, but I started using it more heavily in recent chapters. I felt quite hesitant about it at first, but I think it lets me create more expansive scenes that would be cut-short otherwise. The moment that made me decide to take this route was Cindy's last lewd scene in the Tournament update. I knew I wanted to include an intimate moment between Ian and Cindy that would advance the plot of their emotional, and physical relationship, but I didn't have time to create an entire set of illustrations for that scene (and I tend to be especially meticulous with Cindy's drawings). My first idea was to start the scene in media res, that way I could show only the plot point and player interaction that was relevant, but it felt quite underwhelming. But now I have a ton of Cindy illustrations, that cover a lot of poses and actions...
I'm creating a visual novel, after all, and I relized that aside the little graphical changes I could do to the image, the most powerful tool to reframe the context of the illustration is the writing. I hope the text can give the re-used asset a new context, or use it to enable a more fluid scene that couldn't happen without the proper visual support. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could accomplish this without reusing any images... but I also think some of them turned out too beautiful to just show them once :p
In any case, this is one of the compromises I take to push the development of this project. I know it's not ideal and I hope you're not too bothered by it, but hopefully this will allow me time to focus on creating new and more interesting images instead of drawing the same basic poses again and again.

I think the next text messages gotta be from Minerva and Cindy but the ex-girlfriend could reach out. After all, we haven't heard from her in a while and this could add another dramatic twist to the vacation

noturiah

Sep 2, 2021
...I've been writing, amongst others, some texting scenes between Ian and two members of the female cast. Can you guess who?
Who I want it to be: Nat and Ivy (yes, again)

Who I think it will be: Alison and Cindy

...Though to be fair, texting with Cindy while she's on the Wildcats shoot would be fascinating. Even if it's just, you know, modeling in cute bikinis. ...Or if there's something big happening with Perry's favorite man-crush... :LOL:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SerHawkes

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
been playing this game since last year ....
havent seen sex scene route with Stan ....

am i missing some choices ?
No there are no sex scenes with Stan, only Lena teasing him. Stan is very shy, and it took him until Chapter 11 to reveal his feelings for Lena. It took Ian and Lena 4 chapters to start having sex, so I don't see anything happening for at least the same period of time. They'll take things slow initially like Ian and Lena did. So don't expect anything beyond ordinary dates, before Chapter 15.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Cindy is 100% of them, but my guess is that she throws a curveball and has Jess as the second. Makes sense that she would stay in contact with Ian after he looks after her, but maybe not after he took advantage of her situation.
It could be Lena, since she's leaving early to go on a trip with Seymour?

Reactions: Balsamic

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
It could be Lena, since she's leaving early to go on a trip with Seymour?
Can't be Lena since large part of the update will be her POV, It wouldn't make sense switching to Ian's POV just to chat with Lena as Ian. Most probably it would be Cindy updating about her WORK Trip and maybe Alison or Cherry.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Ehh, it's not like only socially awkward guys will stare at girl asses on a beach, regardless of potential company of the girl in question. :whistle::coffee:
Everyone will watch, but not with such a sour face as Perry. :ROFLMAO:
Look at this guy, he reacts like he's ready to kill Ian.

• Haha
Reactions: ffive
4.60 star(s) 312 Votes