Cicica

Jan 5, 2018

Who's your favourite MC

After finishing GGGB I knew I wanted to try something a bit different and challenge myself. Ashley was a fun female main character to play with and I know many of you guys loved all the possibilities she offered.

This time around I wanted to write deeper and more complex characters, and not limit myself to a female point of view, which would've made the game feel very similar to GGGB, but add the masculine POV with Ian. This opened up a ton of new possibilities for me, things I would've liked to explore in GGGB but couldn't, and it's allowed me to build really fun character relationships with Alison, Holly, Cindy, Lena herself... Character interactions that I feel you guys are really enjoying!

I love both Ian and Lena and I really enjoy being able to explore the story from the two points of view at the same time, but what about you? You enjoy playing with one character more than with the other? Are you like me and feel they complement each other? Let me know in the poll down below!

I prefer playing as Ian
I prefer playing as Lena
I enjoy playing them both!
I am a female protagonist guy, so Lena definitely! But Ian is also pretty enjoyable. I like them both, with some preference towards Lena. I hope she won't give up on the female perspective in the future games, since she does it so incredibly well!

Brickman

May 26, 2017
I really liked Ash in GGGB since well done female POV are so rare and GGGB was by far the best game of that kind that I had ever played, so I was looking forward for more of that in ORS. But honestly bit by bit I'm getting more into Ian's story, I find myself really relating to him and very immersed in his possible relationships with the girls, especially Holly and Cindy. I never expected Eva Kiss to be able to write a male POV as good as her female POV, and I'm thinking it's even better...
My vote's for both but if I could only pick one I'd pick Ian

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
I prefer Lena's character and the writing on her side of the story, even though I find Ian's story more interesting. I guess there will be a more gradual build-up for Lena, but so far I view her side as underwhelming. ORS seems to be opposite of GGGB where the story picked up from the get-go and only started slowing down in the latter stages.

Reactions: Cicica

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
I'd say Axel ticks a few boxes in the "abusive boyfriend" checklist. Maybe he never beat up Lena but he is pretty manipulative, and him showing up at her workplace and blocking the door and refusing to let her get started on her job unless she agrees to talk with him seems pretty abusive, or at least toxic as fuck. I know I wouldn't like to have a crazy girlfriend pulling those kind of things on me.
I would agree with you, but I'll mention this once again, they weren't dating anymore when that happened. There is no indication that while they were both dating that he was abusive to her in any sense. You're referring to a situation that happened after Lena had dumped him for some time. When a break up between a couple happens unilaterally and there isn't a conversation between both of them, it's actually not that uncommon for the person who was just dumped to want to set things straight and when that possibility is constantly denied to them it can start to drive you crazy and leave you to eventually act erractly and out of character.

Listen, I'm not saying that I agree with this, or not even that Lena's treatment to Axel after finding out he was cheating on her wasn't actually something he deserved, but what Eva described as Axel response to being dumped is also a natural response, that happens a lot of times. You could accuse him of being abusive if he didn't accept Lena's break up with him and was chasing her around saying she was still he's girl and he would fuck up any guy that moved close to her, etc. You can't call him abusive to chase her in order to have one final conversation so he's able to move on and when that opportunity was constantly being denied, he eventually acted out, not because he's abusive, but out of the frustration that the whole situation was causing him, even if it was created by him in the first place and he actually deserved it.

I feel like for the past few posts I've been defending Axel and he's not even a character that I empathize with. I just think that people are confusing abusive behaviour, over a situation where to it seems clear that was just somone looking to get some closure so he's able to move on.

Last edited:

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
I prefer to play Lena, I love to turn female protagonists into sluts in games.
But I also like to play Ian and have several partners, i would like to play with him much more, if I had the choice to be more feminine.
I would say 90% Lena 10% Ian.

Reactions: mephisto80

Eggplant

Jun 5, 2017
I like both. I like them to sleep with around with others people but eventually will be a couple.

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
So he's an abusive ex-boyfriend then.
You could say that if you want to have a black and white perspective. However, as I tried to explain I believe these things are not always black and white and provide you know the context you can see the several shades of grey in between. Yes, he had a couple of shitty attitudes that we know off, but ignoring the frustration aspect that lead him to act this way is ignoring a big aspect of human psychology.

Anyway, maybe it's just a matter of perception. In my experience I would not call Axel abusive from what I've seen so far. Maybe he proves to be so in the future and my opinion will change, but so far I just saw a guy trying to get some closure, who in the process of doing so had a couple of shitty attitudes, but they're not enough for me to immediatly label him as an abusive person. And I'll stress this out once again, this is not a character I empathize with, nor do I think his actions should be labelled as acceptable, but to give him that label I would have to know that he has a pattern of behaviour that leads him down that path on frequent basis and none of the information provided to me so far says so.

kumnpo

Mar 6, 2020

Who's your favourite MC

After finishing GGGB I knew I wanted to try something a bit different and challenge myself. Ashley was a fun female main character to play with and I know many of you guys loved all the possibilities she offered.

This time around I wanted to write deeper and more complex characters, and not limit myself to a female point of view, which would've made the game feel very similar to GGGB, but add the masculine POV with Ian. This opened up a ton of new possibilities for me, things I would've liked to explore in GGGB but couldn't, and it's allowed me to build really fun character relationships with Alison, Holly, Cindy, Lena herself... Character interactions that I feel you guys are really enjoying!

I love both Ian and Lena and I really enjoy being able to explore the story from the two points of view at the same time, but what about you? You enjoy playing with one character more than with the other? Are you like me and feel they complement each other? Let me know in the poll down below!

I prefer playing as Ian
I prefer playing as Lena
I enjoy playing them both!
It's almost in every other game where its the male protag takes the center stage. GGGB still remains the game i keep going back to because the writing is very good and i really like how Eva's game progresses towards the end. The female protag seems to have a pull for me more than a male protag driven game. A GGGB 2 game where it continues frm any ending would be a dream come true. That being said, a continuation of ORS where its ORS2, ORS3 and so on would really be the icing on the cake and more. Choose one of your game, and make a franchise of it like MrDotsGames (DMD/Melody/SunshineLove). I'd really like to elaborate on some of these points but it would be too long of a suggestion.

At the end of the day, I'd play any game you put out there Eva!

mehGusta

Aug 28, 2017
You could say that if you want to have a black and white perspective. However, as I tried to explain I believe these things are not always black and white and provide you know the context you can see the several shades of grey in between. Yes, he had a couple of shitty attitudes that we know off, but ignoring the frustration aspect that lead him to act this way is ignoring a big aspect of human psychology.

Anyway, maybe it's just a matter of perception. In my experience I would not call Axel abusive from what I've seen so far. Maybe he proves to be so in the future and my opinion will change, but so far I just saw a guy trying to get some closure, who in the process of doing so had a couple of shitty attitudes, but they're not enough for me to immediatly label him as an abusive person. And I'll stress this out once again, this is not a character I empathize with, nor do I think his actions should be labelled as acceptable, but to give him that label I would have to know that he has a pattern of behaviour that leads him down that path on frequent basis and none of the information provided to me so far says so.
the whole problem with axel being the way he is, is that he is forcing someone else to give him the closure. as much blame lena has to take for leading axel to this behaviour, he has absolutely no ground for justification. that's like saying someone taunting you the whole time allows you to punch them.

i'm sure that there are faults to find on both sides, but i believe that axel goes to these extreme measures are also his own fault. i could imagine that axel was upset about the sudden, yet justified, cut off from lena and demanded an answer. this let to lena to actively try to evade axel. this made axel anxious and irritated, which caused him to demand an answer more harshly, this in turn scared lena, so they both heightened each others agitations.
of course even though lena is the bigger person to eventually call him to sort this out, both of them didn't need to get this situation this far. however, like i said, this is in no way justifies for axel to physically abuse/hinder lena. (and yes this is abuse, since because of axel, lena isn't able to properly work, which can lead to multiple problems for her workplace as well as her own financial stability)

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
the whole problem with axel being the way he is, is that he is forcing someone else to give him the closure. as much blame lena has to take for leading axel to this behaviour, he has absolutely no ground for justification. that's like saying someone taunting you the whole time allows you to punch them.

i'm sure that there are faults to find on both sides, but i believe that axel goes to these extreme measures are also his own fault. i could imagine that axel was upset about the sudden, yet justified, cut off from lena and demanded an answer. this let to lena to actively try to evade axel. this made axel anxious and irritated, which caused him to demand an answer more harshly, this in turn scared lena, so they both heightened each others agitations.
of course even though lena is the bigger person to eventually call him to sort this out, both of them didn't need to get this situation this far. however, like i said, this is in no way justifies for axel to physically abuse/hinder lena. (and yes this is abuse, since because of axel, lena isn't able to properly work, which can lead to multiple problems for her workplace as well as her own financial stability)
Well, I do agree with everything you just said. I just don't agree with the labelling of him being abusive. If tomorrow I would punch someone who was taunting me, does that mean that from there on I should be labelled as violent person, even if this was an exception and it had never happened before? I don't think so. Maybe I was just going through a rough phase and that moment was an outburst that in a normal situation would never happen. And maybe after that I realized that I made a mistake, admit it and learn to deal with that issue so it doesn't repeat again. People have good and bad phases and sometimes you can do something that's completely out of character. I don't agree that someone for having one or two bad moments should forever be held to those labels.

Once again, my point is that a pattern of a certain type of behaviour can lead you to being labelled in a certain way and I totally agree with that, but an exception shouldn't. It does mean you did something wrong and there might be consequences from those actions and you'll have to deal with those and accept them, but I however, don't think that one or two bad moments are enough to define you as a person.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 319 Votes