DatBoit

Dec 2, 2018
This is what makes Eva Kiss a special developer in this genre (aside from the high quality and effort put in her games). With GGGB she did something no other dev had done before, not only in offering the only really deep and well constructed branching story, but adding outstanding visual customisation of the main character. And also the female MC which is not original but it is quite rare. She could've repeated the formula, like many devs do: their teenage boy fucking his family was successful, let's do more of the same. The story about a mature man getting into young girls pants worked, let's do that again. And many developers just copy those formulas or just aim to create easy and quick fap material.
Eva Kiss is trying something new with ORS, it's celar to see she invested a lot to make the game look and feel a lot more pro than GGGB and she's challenging the medium trying difficult things, like having a duo of MCs. We'll see how that plays out in the end, and I can see that gamers who just want that quick fap qill be bothered by these things, but I for one I'm extremely grateful there's a dev out there like Eva Kiss. I'm looking for something a bit more deep and complex and haven't found a close second in adult gaming. And I hate myself for sounding like a fanboy but man I guess I just turned into one, these games are just fucking amazing
Of course you don't want a repeat of GGGB. That would be a waste. However, if you had elements in your games that made them completely unique, I think you'd do well to build on them rather than to do something completely different.

As you say, though, it is early stages and it is difficult to know where the game is heading. Eva has also said character customisation will be a part of ORS as well, so I am not too worried about that being removed. I just think it would be a shame to remove variation for a more story-driven game, when there are so many more games that focus on that.

Reactions: John Doe Jr.

MaydayM'dick

Aug 13, 2017
I think overall ORS is a major improvement over GGGB and it exceeded my initial expectations. The art is better, the characters are interesting, the story seems to be on the same level... There's one thing I dislike though - the male protagonist. His thought process is too feminine i.e. it screams a male character written by a woman. His narration felt very similar to Ashley's from GGGB. And the same goes for his interactions with his bros as well. Some of the banter felt like passive-aggressive trading of insults between girlfriends. :LOL:
Damn Bro, don't call me out like that, you're going to make me think I was written by a woman.

Generally I liked the characters, and though I liked the artstyle in GGGB it was so obviously traced that I felt bad about playing it; and this artstyle blows it out of the water. I liked Ian though his male friends were very uninteresting. Perry is an elite asshole, beginning on the premise that he got his friend kicked out of his house and now makes him pay rent at his place he gets for free. The only reason I didn't act like an asshole to him in game is because Ian and Perry are friends even if I think he's not a good one. Well that and there's no point right now. Wade has barely any personality outside of being competitive for now but he's a bit boring without much new info. Jeremy and Wen are cool though. Had more fun in their interactions than most of Ian's route.

All of the female characters are interesting but it feels like Lena's route has more interesting male characters too, with Alex, who as soon as he showed up I knew why Lena broke it off with him, and Robert who along with his showing in Ian's chapter comes off as somewhat cool. All in all I think this was a good showing from Eva Kiss, but will have to see what the future will bring.

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017

Character design (Cindy)

Cindy is one of my favourite character designs. I think she's the second character I came up with, right after drawing the first version of Lena. While Lena is a full-bodied dark-haired beauty, Cindy is slender and golden-haired.

It took me a while to define her personality (that's still an ongoing process to be honest) but I'm excited about the possibilities she'll let us explore. I have some things in mind for her and I think they will be fun! Of course, they will depend on the player's choices, more specifically in Ian's relationship with her. Are you able to get on Cindy's good side or you clash with her brash personality? Can you find her sweet spot, or make her despise you...? I can't reveal too much yet, but I think you'll like it!

What do you think about Cindy so far? Do you like her design?
this lady is the one for my Ian.:love:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Interesting. GGGB was an excellent game with the best branching I've seen but still it was really not for me because main character felt soo boring I just couldn't feel it. This one is much better and Lena is much more interesting start than Ashley ever was. Shame she's experienced but you can't expect everything. Overall quality of characters seems much higher so far and I will surely observe this one as EvaKiss is one of a very few devs I consider pro here.

Anão3682

Jan 31, 2020
Disappointingly short. Because I want more ASAP. Probably the first adult game I ever played that got me hooked for updates for more than just sex and stuff, I really want to see where the story is going. Definitely going after the other game too.

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
Looks really interesting so far. anyone got an idea what the overarching plot is going to be? Only downside so far, not many romance options for the female protag to choose from if she is hetero in contrast to the Male MC. Hopefully that will change. Cindy for the win btw :)

dasflute2

Jan 5, 2018
Today's update, with some important information:

Hello people! As I'm working in Chapter 2 I've been planning and tweaking some stuff. I had a few months to plan Our red String, but there's just so much that goes into making a game that it's impossible to account for that. As I keep working and thinking, new ideas and mechanics pop in my mind. I would like to do so much! But I tend to want to bite more than I can chew and I don't have a studio behind me to undertake all of that work. The need to stick to a monthly, episodic format means some stuff will have to be reworked from the bottom up, so best to implement all the fundamental stuff early!
Anyways, I'm diverging. All of this was just to tell you I've added a new menu screen called "Budget", where you will be able to track the character's economy, seeing how much they earn from regular jobs and how much they need to live.
Money was an important resource in GGGB and it affected the plot, but it's implementation was more of an afterthought and it was poorly done. This time I want to really account for it and for the big impact it can have in character's plots, and make it easier to track, so you know how Lena or Ian are currently doing.
I've also tweaked a couple things, like the Agenda navigation, which is now a lot less cumbersome thanks to Breadloaf's help! We're also working to get the gallery running as soon as possible.
This means something IMPORTANT : when Chapter 2 comes out you'll have to start a new game or you will get bugs, since variables are being added or changed. I know it sucks and I'll try to avoid it as much as possible, but I'd rather build a strong base for the game in it's early stages rather than keep it growing with flaws and inconsistencies.
I hope you like the idea of the Budget screen and are hyped for Chapter 2!

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Damn Bro, don't call me out like that, you're going to make me think I was written by a woman.

Generally I liked the characters, and though I liked the artstyle in GGGB it was so obviously traced that I felt bad about playing it; and this artstyle blows it out of the water. I liked Ian though his male friends were very uninteresting. Perry is an elite asshole, beginning on the premise that he got his friend kicked out of his house and now makes him pay rent at his place he gets for free. The only reason I didn't act like an asshole to him in game is because Ian and Perry are friends even if I think he's not a good one. Well that and there's no point right now. Wade has barely any personality outside of being competitive for now but he's a bit boring without much new info. Jeremy and Wen are cool though. Had more fun in their interactions than most of Ian's route.

All of the female characters are interesting but it feels like Lena's route has more interesting male characters too, with Alex, who as soon as he showed up I knew why Lena broke it off with him, and Robert who along with his showing in Ian's chapter comes off as somewhat cool. All in all I think this was a good showing from Eva Kiss, but will have to see what the future will bring.
After playing Lena's POV I felt bad for Robert after I beat the shit out of him as Ian

Lady Aspen

Country girl
GFX Designer
Respected User
Feb 19, 2019
Fan Sigs Updated/
OurRedString.gif OurRedString1.gif OurRedString2.gif

OurRedString3.gif OurRedString4.gif OurRedString5.gif

OurRedString6.gif

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/04/634527_OurRedString.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/04/634528_OurRedString1.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/04/634529_OurRedString2.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/04/634530_OurRedString3.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/04/634531_OurRedString4.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/04/634532_OurRedString5.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/04/634533_OurRedString6.gif

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
great news for the update :)

edit:
Wow, talk about spoiler alert LOL:ROFLMAO:
Cindy is one expensive girl :D
Lena geting a boobjob already? wow :oops:

Reactions: Creeping Death

Sherka

Oct 1, 2017
That looks interesting, with so many expenses for Cindy it seems that Ian became Cindy's sugar daddy :ROFLMAO:, and damn, Lena could increase her breasts! I hope she can increase more than one size, more bigger more better, and i hope she can increase more than just her breasts :BootyTime:. I wonder who is the "Daddy" of Lena, Ed or Seymour, or other character?

Last edited:

MaydayM'dick

Aug 13, 2017
That looks interesting, with so many expenses for Cindy it seems that Ian became Cindy's sugar daddy :ROFLMAO:, and damn, Lena could increase her breasts! I hope she can increase more than one size, more bigger more better, and i hope she can increase more than just her breasts :BootyTime:. I wonder who is the "Daddy" of Lena, Ed or Seymour, or other character?
I liked Lenas boobs :(
Hope it can be avoided.
Since it said J/K at the end and it says spoilers from Chapter 12 I assume this is shooped.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Wow, Lena, your trolling gets better and better. Some really fell for it. Well done.

On a serious note, if we're going to get the developed budget system, I assume we're finally going to have proper sums of money and prices instead of the arbitrary values (Money = 2) that only Eva knows the meaning of. I'm glad that she wants to polish the game from the start. Better to flesh out the concept before you go about with your story instead of adding/removing elements in the middle of development like certain someone *cough* Mr Dots *cough*.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019
Will be waiting a bit more to play this one, but judging from the preview pics I wanted to give props for the character design. Good art, personality and (most importantly to me) realistic body types/boob sizes really make them attractive and stand out among other games' characters.

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes